problem with publisher #2

Hello, Thanks for the info but I am not an expert with publisher so when you
say set up your listings with a catalogue merge then on step 5 covert to a
publication, What do you mean? I am not stupid but I would appreciate step by
step instructions on how to do this. I am using publisher 2003 but can't see
an icon for the catalogue merge, Where is it? Thanks Andy.
0
andyr2111 (5)

Lots of help here as well as demos
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"andyr2111" <andyr2111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Thanks for the info but I am not an expert with publisher so when you
> say set up your listings with a catalogue merge then on step 5 covert to a
> publication, What do you mean? I am not stupid but I would appreciate step by
> step instructions on how to do this. I am using publisher 2003 but can't see
> an icon for the catalogue merge, Where is it? Thanks Andy.

0
gsauer (5095)
1/14/2006 4:25:22 PM
Andy,

If you continue to have problems using catalogue merge, here is a
alternative approach I use for a similar challenge with Pub 2000 which does
not have catalogue merge.

First create a small text box that is equal to the size of the space you
want between your listings. In my case I made one a quarter inch by a
quarter inch. I then filled it with a color so it would be easy to see. Then
drag it off into your scratch area to use later.

Then go to each of your listings, and draw a rectangle around both the
thumbnail and the text, and group them. After you draw the rectangle you
will see a little icon appear that looks somewhat like two boxes. Click it
to group the objects you have selected...click it again to ungroup. Now you
can drag both the images and the text together.

Then when you want to insert a new listing, draw a rectangle around all the
listings below the one where you want to insert the new listing and group
those, just like you did with the individual listings. You might want to
zoom out to about 50% so you can see more of the whole of your page, but
that isn't necessary. Just click to the upper left of your first listing,
drag your mouse to the right until it is beyond all the content, and then
drag down until you get to the bottom...and group all of them before you
click on anything else.

Now, click once on that new group of listings you just grouped to select it,
hold down your shift key and drag the whole group down to make room for the
new listing. Holding the shift key down while you drag the group maintains
the vertical alignment on your page. Give yourself plenty of room to insert
your new listing.

Now I would right click one the single listings you grouped above the space
where you want to insert the new listing, drag it down to that space, let go
and choose copy here. Then change your image and text to the new listing.

Now go grab that spacer text box you created, and drag it to the bottom of
the listing above, and let it 'snap to' that group/listing. Then go to your
new listing group, and drag it up, and let it 'snap to' the spacer box.

Then move your spacer box to the bottom of your new listing group, let it
'snap to' the bottom. Then go down to all your other listings, drag them up
as a group to 'snap to' your spacer box. Don't forget to use your shift key
to keep things aligned. Ungroup the that group of listings. Drag your spacer
box over to the scratch area for the next time, and you are done.

This may seem like a lot of work, but once you get it set up and use it a
couple times, it goes quickly.

DavidF

"andyr2111" <andyr2111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Thanks for the info but I am not an expert with publisher so when
you
> say set up your listings with a catalogue merge then on step 5 covert to a
> publication, What do you mean? I am not stupid but I would appreciate step
by
> step instructions on how to do this. I am using publisher 2003 but can't
see
> an icon for the catalogue merge, Where is it? Thanks Andy.

0
Nope8657 (939)

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card Contest 2004 #3
Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103 Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open the files. I will also retain the original file format offline. If you have any questions, please let us kn...

How to use CPicturHolder class? #2
Hello, I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. But using that I am not able to show the picture in Picture contrl Plz show simple some code for better understanding...... plz tell me. Klic Klic wrote: > Hello, > > I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp > etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one > object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. > But usin...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Excel copy and paste #2
Excel 2000 1) there are times when I can only paste values and not formulas from one workbook to another even though I am using Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste process. 2) there are times when I cannot copy and paste between workbooks launched from Edit/Copy, Edit/paste, or CTRL C, CTRL V or from shortcut menu. The only way is to use the clipboard which does not copy formulas. we have referred to 209338 and 209284 but the stated solution doesn't always work. ...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

Microsoft exchange server #2
I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" and "Mailbox". What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? What do I put in "Mailbox" box? acanduds@hotmail.com Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. > Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" > and "Mailbox". > What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? > What do I put in "Mailbox" box? Were ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

How to graph 2 stacked colums/date, both over time?
I need to create a stacked column graph which displays two stacked columns, for example the components of actual sales compared to the same components of projected sales over several time periods within the same graph. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks. Is this what you need? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "LTB @ Miami, OK" <LTBMiamiOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F55225F-98E8-4F0E-BF25-31BD42...

Resource editor problems

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

publisher file type
Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files. Files saved in Publisher save as WORD files even though Publisher is selected in Save As Well only for you. But before we try and guess what you are doing wrong maybe you could supply a little more information about the version you are using and what you are really doing because it seems to be a problem unique to you. John G. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:54:01 -0800, RandyP <RandyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files. Files saved in Publisher save as >WORD files even though Publisher is...

outlook web access redirect problem