Problem with printing greeting cards in Publisher

Hi!  I am trying to print a greeting card that has one side as glossy paper
and the other matte.  I have spent ages trying to figure out how to get it to
print just page 1 and page 4 in one print format for the glossy paper and
print pages 2 and 3 in matte paper but cannot seem to get it right :(  I have
wasted a lot of paper and card and I'm sure there must be a simple answer but
it has me stumped.  I don't want to have to print one page at a time as it
never seems to work right and I end up getting confused as to which side
should be where etc.  Is it possible?  Thank you.  I am using Publisher 2000.
0
hpofql (3)

Which page setup are you using? Top fold, side fold? Have you labeled your
printer so you know how to feed the paper?  (I have all my printers marked).

If we knew your page setup, (size too) we can help.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"hpofql" <hpofql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!  I am trying to print a greeting card that has one side as glossy paper
> and the other matte.  I have spent ages trying to figure out how to get it to
> print just page 1 and page 4 in one print format for the glossy paper and
> print pages 2 and 3 in matte paper but cannot seem to get it right :(  I have
> wasted a lot of paper and card and I'm sure there must be a simple answer but
> it has me stumped.  I don't want to have to print one page at a time as it
> never seems to work right and I end up getting confused as to which side
> should be where etc.  Is it possible?  Thank you.  I am using Publisher 2000.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/21/2006 10:30:40 AM
So sorry!  I'm using A4 set to landscape and half page side-fold (to make an
A5 card when all is said and done).

I don't know anything about labelling a printer.  I have never seen or heard
of that before!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Which page setup are you using? Top fold, side fold? Have you labeled your
> printer so you know how to feed the paper?  (I have all my printers marked).
>
> If we knew your page setup, (size too) we can help.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "hpofql" <hpofql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!  I am trying to print a greeting card that has one side as glossy paper
> > and the other matte.  I have spent ages trying to figure out how to get it to
> > print just page 1 and page 4 in one print format for the glossy paper and
> > print pages 2 and 3 in matte paper but cannot seem to get it right :(  I have
> > wasted a lot of paper and card and I'm sure there must be a simple answer but
> > it has me stumped.  I don't want to have to print one page at a time as it
> > never seems to work right and I end up getting confused as to which side
> > should be where etc.  Is it possible?  Thank you.  I am using Publisher 2000.

0
hpofql (3)
7/21/2006 10:46:02 AM
Setup your page as a booklet.
When it is time to print, check print current page, click no to the query. Turn
the card over, and print again, clicking no to the query.

When I said mark, knowing how to feed stock into your printer is what I meant. I
have arrows on mine showing top so I won't inadvertently turn the paper upside
down. Its a deficiency on my part, not all folks have this malady.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> So sorry!  I'm using A4 set to landscape and half page side-fold (to make an
> A5 card when all is said and done).
>
> I don't know anything about labelling a printer.  I have never seen or heard
> of that before!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Which page setup are you using? Top fold, side fold? Have you labeled your
>> printer so you know how to feed the paper?  (I have all my printers marked).
>>
>> If we knew your page setup, (size too) we can help.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "hpofql" <hpofql@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi!  I am trying to print a greeting card that has one side as glossy paper
>> > and the other matte.  I have spent ages trying to figure out how to get it
>> > print just page 1 and page 4 in one print format for the glossy paper and
>> > print pages 2 and 3 in matte paper but cannot seem to get it right :(  I
>> > have
>> > wasted a lot of paper and card and I'm sure there must be a simple answer
>> > but
>> > it has me stumped.  I don't want to have to print one page at a time as it
>> > never seems to work right and I end up getting confused as to which side
>> > should be where etc.  Is it possible?  Thank you.  I am using Publisher
>> > 2000.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/21/2006 11:12:04 AM
Thanks, Mary!  Will this allow me to change the format of the paper mid-way
through?  I need one side glossy (as I am printing a high quality photo) and
the other side matte.  If I print both as matte, the phot quality isn't that
good and if I print both as glossy photo, then I get horrid lines on the top
of the matte side.

And thanks ever so for the tip about labelling the printer as well!  Very
useful :)

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Setup your page as a booklet.
> When it is time to print, check print current page, click no to the query. Turn
> the card over, and print again, clicking no to the query.
>
> When I said mark, knowing how to feed stock into your printer is what I meant. I
> have arrows on mine showing top so I won't inadvertently turn the paper upside
> down. Its a deficiency on my part, not all folks have this malady.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
hpofql (3)
7/21/2006 11:29:02 AM
If you have a side-fold greeting card setup, changing to booklet wouldn't change
your content. You might have to do some adjusting.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks, Mary!  Will this allow me to change the format of the paper mid-way
> through?  I need one side glossy (as I am printing a high quality photo) and
> the other side matte.  If I print both as matte, the phot quality isn't that
> good and if I print both as glossy photo, then I get horrid lines on the top
> of the matte side.
>
> And thanks ever so for the tip about labelling the printer as well!  Very
> useful :)
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Setup your page as a booklet.
>> When it is time to print, check print current page, click no to the query.
>> Turn
>> the card over, and print again, clicking no to the query.
>>
>> When I said mark, knowing how to feed stock into your printer is what I
>> meant. I
>> have arrows on mine showing top so I won't inadvertently turn the paper
>> upside
>> down. Its a deficiency on my part, not all folks have this malady.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/21/2006 1:15:40 PM
hpofql wrote:
> Thanks, Mary!  Will this allow me to change the format of the paper mid-way
> through?  I need one side glossy (as I am printing a high quality photo) and
> the other side matte.

Yes. At each stage, you can go to File > Print > Properties (or File >
Printer Setup > Properties) and reset the options for your printer.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Problem shortcuts in Word

Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card Contest 2004 #3
Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103 Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open the files. I will also retain the original file format offline. If you have any questions, please let us kn...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

Report Writer Logo Printing
I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-through printer software that would allow printing of higher-quality logos. It is a workaround for people that did not find the logo printing of RW suitable. I cannot think of the name or find the software. A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Found it! Software is called fineprint. It was mentioned on Musgraves blog. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/17/company-logos-on-reports.aspx "Mike" wrote: > I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-thr...

Automatic printing of sent messages.
Can Outlook 2000 be set-up to automatically print a message immediately after having hit the "send" button? or Can a "Send and Print" button be set up? I'm probable not the only grunt that has to print a hard copy of all outgoing e-mails to be maintained in a physical file folder. To make matters worse, bosses cc: me so that I can print out and file their messages too. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Can Outlook 2000 be set-up to automatically print a >message immediately after having hit the "send" button? or >Can a "Send a...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

change chart print size
I cannot change the size of the printed chart in office 2007. In 2003 it was done using un selecting the "fit to page" button. In 2007 I have a "scale to 100%" but disabled... Thanks Hi, When you say you are clicking the Fit to Page button do you mean the Option button on the first sheet of the Page Setup dialog box? If so this option is still available in 2007. Set the print range and then choose the Page Layout tab. Open the Width dropdown or the Height dropdown and choose the number of pages. If this is not enough there is a little dialog box launcher at the b...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Report printing block
Problem: I can't print reports. The "print report" button does not work. The print set up button will allow me to change set up for checks but will not pop up for "reports". I suspect that it is blocked by some popup blocker software that I installed and since uninstalled. I tried re-loading the 2003 Money software with no change in result. Does anybody know how to unblock a pop up menue. Or, is this not the problem. Please help. Thanks ...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting