Prints blank page first?

I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a
CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with
Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer).  Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a
blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1.  Same thing happened with Page 2.

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Ed

0
ed_millis (164)

Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print?
Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your printer,
properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say in the
"separator page" dialogue.

I think your printing will be okay however if you print from the hard drive rather
than the CD. Publisher does not do will with removable media.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a
> CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with
> Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer).  Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a
> blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1.  Same thing happened with Page 2.
>
> Did I miss a setting somewhere?
>
> Ed

0
gsauer (5094)
9/29/2005 2:04:02 PM
Thank you!!

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print?
> Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your
printer,
> properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say
in the
> "separator page" dialogue.
>
> I think your printing will be okay however if you print from the hard
drive rather
> than the CD. Publisher does not do will with removable media.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to
> > CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with
> > Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer).  Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I
get a
> > blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1.  Same thing happened with
Page 2.

> > Did I miss a setting somewhere?
> >
> > Ed

0
ed_millis (164)
9/29/2005 2:16:38 PM
My pleasure...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Thank you!!
>
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print?
>> Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your
> printer,
>> properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say
> in the
>> "separator page" dialogue.
>>
>> I think your printing will be okay however if you print from the hard
> drive rather
>> than the CD. Publisher does not do will with removable media.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to
>> > CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with
>> > Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer).  Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I
> get a
>> > blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1.  Same thing happened with
> Page 2.
>> >
>> > Did I miss a setting somewhere?
>> >
>> > Ed

0
gsauer (5094)
9/29/2005 4:56:19 PM
Okay - not working!  Copied file to hard drive.  No separator page.  Not
doing this in any other program.  Even prints blank page when I select
"Print this page".  Any other ghosts I might need to hunt down?
Ed

> My pleasure...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you!!
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print?
> >> Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your
> > printer,
> >> properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may
say
> > in the
> >> "separator page" dialogue.
> >>
> >> I think your printing will be okay however if you print from the hard
> > drive rather
> >> than the CD. Publisher does not do will with removable media.
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > get a
> > Page 2.

0
ed_millis (164)
9/29/2005 5:49:02 PM
A printer driver upgrade? Or maybe just re-installing the current driver?
How to clean up printer drivers

HP has a whole host of support documents.
www.hp.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Okay - not working!  Copied file to hard drive.  No separator page.  Not
> doing this in any other program.  Even prints blank page when I select
> "Print this page".  Any other ghosts I might need to hunt down?
> Ed
>
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> My pleasure...
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you!!
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > printer,
> say
>> > in the

>> > drive rather
>> > get a
>> > Page 2.

0
gsauer (5094)
9/29/2005 6:43:26 PM
If that's where we're at, I'd better not.  That would require IT getting
involved, and they've got a "scorched earth" policy - wipe drive and
reinstall image!  It's only with Publisher, so I can deal with one extra
blank page.  (IT has to do ~anything~ that involves any level deeper than my
individual UserName folder - and lots of stuff inside it!  I expect to come
in any day and find my CPU replaced with a network connection to a central
server!)

Thanks for helping.
Ed

> A printer driver upgrade? Or maybe just re-installing the current driver?
> How to clean up printer drivers
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> HP has a whole host of support documents.
> www.hp.com
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Okay - not working!  Copied file to hard drive.  No separator page.  Not
> > doing this in any other program.  Even prints blank page when I select
> > "Print this page".  Any other ghosts I might need to hunt down?
> > Ed
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> My pleasure...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > say

0
ed_millis (164)
9/29/2005 7:08:43 PM
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:08:43 -0700, "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com>
wrote:

>If that's where we're at, I'd better not.  That would require IT getting
>involved, and they've got a "scorched earth" policy - wipe drive and
>reinstall image!  It's only with Publisher, so I can deal with one extra
>blank page.  (IT has to do ~anything~ that involves any level deeper than my
>individual UserName folder - and lots of stuff inside it!  I expect to come
>in any day and find my CPU replaced with a network connection to a central
>server!)
>
>Thanks for helping.
>Ed

Uh, have you tried starting the print job on page two? Or going to the
head of your txt and hitting the backspace key?

Blessed be, for sure...
0
T1317 (75)

printing copies

Blank instead of ""
Hi, In a chart I have a formula that either returns a number or "" in a cell. I then have a dynamic range set which plots the values on a graph. The problem is that the chart will plot the ""s as zeros as it sees something in the cell. Is there a way I can have a true blank cell result coming from a formula? If not how I can avoid the dynamic range seeing this as a zero? Thanks LiAD Replace the blank by #N/A So let's say your formula is =IF(this-test, B2,"") then use =IF(this-test,B2,NA()) When the test fails, this displays #N/A which...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Excel XP Format Cells, currency not working first time
I'm noticing that when I format cells for currency the first time, the preview window not only shows only numeric format, it formats the cells numeric instead of currency. The second time it works. And it's not because I'm clicking on the wrong line. ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

Calculating the first day of the week
I take my medicine for diabetes three times a week, every other day, MWF. Sometimes my blood is drawn on the first day, sometimes the second day, and sometimes on the third day. I have a different calculation for each of those days, because no matter how you cut it on Monday I haven't taken medicine for two days, on Wednesday I just took the medicine the day before, and on Friday, I've been taking it every other day for the whole week. If they take my blood on Monday it will be slightly higher than Wednesday, and Friday will be the lowest of the three. So I have three different ca...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Printing on banner paper
Hi, I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks across the page with spaces between the letters. Can you help me? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Peter <Peter@ascboston.org>... > I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 > on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, > but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks > across the page with spaces between the letters. ...