Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)

Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For
example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's
notes.

Thanks,
TM

One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want
to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to
white. That should do it.

"TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For
> example, I need to print a student version without answers and
instructor's
> notes.
>
> Thanks,
> TM

0
neniu (3)
8/15/2003 8:35:50 PM
What you could do is put the Answers and Instructors Notes on the Background
(Ctrl+M) and the Questions only on the Foreground.

When you want to print both, you do it normally, and when you want to print
the Questions only, you select from the menu VIEW > Ignore Background.

The other thing you could do, is have to separate publications and just put
them through the printer twice.

Thanks to both of you for the responses. We just started
using Publisher. Our approval process requires instructors
manual first. We have been going back and deleting all
instructor's notes and answers and saving as a different
file. But, we have a 106 page manual, and I was looking
for an easier way. Thanks again. I'll see how these work.

TM

Import large text file
Hi, Which options do I have to import a text file to Excel, with more than 200.000 records. Thanks Luis Hi Luis, Did you try opening the file from Excel (file,open) then after going through the file import wizard and you have what you want you can use file, save as, ...) Since you are not used to this suggest you start with a copy of your flat text file. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "L. A. M." ...

printing copies

How to not see "on behalf of" in Outlook 2002 without Exchange
I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook 2002 setup. When I send email from an account that is not the default account the From field shows "From me@myisp.com on behalf of notme@notmy.isp.com". I there a way that all email accounts send using their own name and not the name of the default account? I do not use MS Exchange. Thanks You shouldn't see that behavior if you use the Accounts button on the toolbar to choose the sending mail account instead of the From field on the new message form. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wil...

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Ghosted print and print preview

e-mails with <> originator
On the Queue of my Exchange 5.5 server we have been seeing e-mails that have <> in the originator column. Inspection of these e-mails show them to be spam. How can I stop e- mails with no originator? On the outgoing Queue of my Exchange 5.5 server we have been seeing e-mails that have <> in the originator column. Inspection of these e-mails show them to be spam. How can I stop e-mails with no originator? Is this coming from the server or from inside the organization? "Bob Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:094001c3b850$36471b...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Display file name without the file type extension
Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? Thanks. Try the below in a saved workbook. =TRIM(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),".xl",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "NAHolmes" wrote: > Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? > > Thanks. Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A...

CHtmlView and Printing

Can not Display Russian Text
How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail from friends in Russia, the text in jumbled and unreadable. This isn't because I can not read Russian but the display of the text is not correct. How do I fix this. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have already included the Russian text in the control panel options, the only thing I can think of it might be Outlook, can onyone help? Hy, have you installed the whole Russian language from the Office CD? >-----Original Message----- >How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail >from friends in Russia,...

"Tiled" print setting.

Disappearing Combobox Text
Just opened up a number of existing databases and found the same problem in each. It is not possible to see the list of options in a ComboBox although the list is there. It is as if the fore colour is white and the back colour is white. If you select one of the options the text then appears in the control, black text on a white back ground. As a quick test i have created a new form and inserted a combobox, again the details of the options is not visible although the selected option text appears in the control after i make a random selection. I have checked all the visibility and colou...

Problems with printing

Sections of Text Being Marked as Figures
When I add and position images in a Word 2007 document, it will (apparently randomly) decide that some sections of text are figures. They can be edited as usual, but this messes up the automatic figure numbering in image captions. If the document has an automatically updating field for the figures, it will insert the whole body of text that it thinks is a figure into the table (this is sometimes several paragraphs). Deleting and re-typing the text does not seem to help (this can also be very time-consuming to re-type several sections that add up to a few pages in larger docu...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

Printing in Vista

How to SetSel() without scrolling?
Hi Group, How can I change the formatting of a selection of text without scrolling the rich edit control's window? If the user has their cursor in a selection of text that is currently scrolled off screen, and I use SetSel to format some text then SetSel back to the user's original selection, the control always scrolls back. Though MSDN plainly says: "This function does not scroll the contents of the CRichEditCtrl so that the caret is visible" GetSel() does definately scroll the window so the selection is visible, I've even seen people giving advice (in newsgrou...

Count duplicates where the next column contains specific text
I need to write a formula which counts the number of unique entries i columnA where the corresponding entries in columnB contain a specifi string of text (ie *text*). Can anyone help with an answer to this problem or is it impossible t do in excel -- ar061 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ar0618's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3109 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50762 =SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:B100="text",MATCH(A2:A100,A2:A100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT(" 1:"&...