printing using avery paper

I am trying to print business cards on avery business card paper #8876.  I
cannot find a place to choose a specific avery paper so I did page set up and
changed the vertical and horizontal gaps to zero and adjusted the card to its
appropriate size.  The problem i have run into is that as it prints my header
gets closer and closer to the top edge of my cards.  It shouldn't be a
printer issue as the printer is brand new as of june 28th.  Any suggestions?
0
miklbj (1)

Free software that makes the production of business cards a breeze..

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200

There is also a UK version..

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"miklbj" <miklbj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print business cards on avery business card paper #8876.  I
> cannot find a place to choose a specific avery paper so I did page set up
> and
> changed the vertical and horizontal gaps to zero and adjusted the card to
> its
> appropriate size.  The problem i have run into is that as it prints my
> header
> gets closer and closer to the top edge of my cards.  It shouldn't be a
> printer issue as the printer is brand new as of june 28th.  Any
> suggestions?

0
mikehall (45)
7/5/2006 9:55:39 PM
The printer may be new but are your drivers current? Check the printer's
manufacturer website for updates.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"miklbj" <miklbj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print business cards on avery business card paper #8876.  I
> cannot find a place to choose a specific avery paper so I did page set up
> and
> changed the vertical and horizontal gaps to zero and adjusted the card to
> its
> appropriate size.  The problem i have run into is that as it prints my
> header
> gets closer and closer to the top edge of my cards.  It shouldn't be a
> printer issue as the printer is brand new as of june 28th.  Any
> suggestions?

0
jl_paules (2767)

Using 2003 runtime, Access 2007 installed...
Hi Dumb-ish question:- Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 is already installed on the PC? All help gratefully received. TIA Steve "CyberDwarf" <sdi@lineone.net> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 >is already installed on the PC? Yes. This assumes that the version of Office 2007 does not contain Access 2007. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, ...

Using Filters
I am new to using filters & am trying to create a worksheet that will help my salesmen create quotes for our customers. I'd like them to be able to pick different equipment options with related prices and then have all options totalled at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Pkg # Description Amount 111 Option 1 209,667 112 Option 2 224,693 123 Option 3 ...

Running a PIF file using CreateProcess in an allocated console window
Hello, I am trying to find a way to execute a pif file within the context of my own application's console using AllocConsole. My basic need is to have the console in my context so I can use the console API's AND I must use the pif parameters for EMS, XMS, and a few other parameters. Is there a way to do this ? Is there a way around ? For example, try running "start /b XX.pif" I am getting an error message The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. and get the Close Ignore buttons. This is not related to any problems in the DOS application. If I use CREATE_...

printing copies

Using VBA to select Items in multiselect Listbox
How can you programatically select items in a multiselect list box based on their lables? Certain groups of items in my multiselect listbox will be frequently selected together. I want to have check boxes elsewhere on the form that a user can click that will cause a group of items to be selected in the list box. The list box itself is used to make an sql statement. Thanks. Marcie "bymarce" <bymarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF7548C3-FBE9-498B-9455-6EE50A8F2E17@microsoft.com... > How can you programatically select items in a mult...

Macro for blocker from using cell range
Is there a way to write code that can unlock a worksheet (w/password) allowing the user access to functionality while relocking (w/password) the worksheet should the user mouse click or move into a range of cells that would normally be locked? Assistance and a learning opportunity is always appreciated... Regards, Lenny With "qwerty" as defined name for range =Sheet1!$A$1:$F$12,Day!$A$26:$F$34 Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myrange As Range Set myrange = Me.Range("qwerty") On Error GoTo ws_exit: Applica...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

MANUAL-reset events must be used here?
HI, All "When performing multiple simultaneous overlapped operations, the calling thread must specify an OVERLAPPED structure with a different manual-reset event object for each operation." -------MSDN,"Platform SDK: DLLs, Processes, and Threads: Synchronization and Overlapped Input and Output" Why a MANUAL-reset event object is requested here?can it be an AUTOMATIC-reset one?what's the different between these two here? thank you. i don't know, but have you tried both types of events to see the result. If they both work then I wouldn't worry about it. &...

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Help with compile error MS S using MT and clr
Help!, I need to compile this code with static libs so it run on another XP machine that does'nt have MS Studio installed. When I compile now I get an ERROR: 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: drawing_control, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'drawing_control', configuration 'Release|Win32' 1>Compiling... 1>cl : Command line error D8016 : '/MT' and '/clr:oldsyntax' command-line options are incompatible 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Grant\Desktop\dra...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Antispam program for use with OE
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.outlook and a copy was sent to the cited author.] I use K9 http://keir.net/k9.html HTH -- Dave J ...

Using less than and greater than in charts
Hi, I would like to be able to create a chart with data which has a less than, greater than format (i.e. >10%<20%) as I don't have the actual percentages. I need the chart to be clustered as I want to be able to plot monthly directions (N, S, E, W). Thank you in advance Jane Hi, Charts will only plot true numbers. >10% will be treated as text and as such plotted as zero. I guess you could change the >10% to 10% and add some notation to highlight the fact that it is not a true value. Cheers Andy Jane wrote: > Hi, I would like to be able to create a chart with data...

Printing problem