printing problems #3

We have an HP Laser Printer (1300) with plenty of ram.. and yet I get an
error whenever I send something of legal size to the printer. Is anyone else
having compatibility issues between Publisher and HP?

I called HP support and they indicate it must be application problem.. i.e.
issues with Publisher.

Word docs print fine.

Werner

0
wernerno (6)

I forgot to mention. The printer is on a server.

0
wernerno (6)
12/31/2003 8:14:46 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Werner <wernerno@spamon.aibn.com>...
> I called HP support and they indicate it must be application
> problem.. i.e. issues with Publisher.

Tech support for any manufacturer will tell you this for any printer.
The issue, however, almost certainly lies with your printer driver.
I would suggest updating to the latest drivers from www.hp.com

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/31/2003 8:58:20 PM
Here is something odd.

I talked to HP again.

This time they told me that whenever I use any graphics with Publisher, I
need to use the Post Script driver.

The odd thing: For years we have been using Publisher on an old HP Laser
(300 DPI) with very little memeory, and everything worked flawlessly.

Now we have finally upgraded to a Laserjet 1300 with 16 Meg of ram on the
printer, and the same size files that we always use chokes on Publisher. (So
far, it is only Publisher I have problems with.)

I don't get it.

BTW, my secretary insists that our old 300 dpi printer did better quality
output than the new machine.

Is that a trend that anyone else has noticed, or does our secretary just not
like change? ;)

Werner

"Werner" <wernerno@spamon.aibn.com> wrote in message
> We have an HP Laser Printer (1300) with plenty of ram.. and yet I get an
> error whenever I send something of legal size to the printer. Is anyone
else
> having compatibility issues between Publisher and HP?
>
> I called HP support and they indicate it must be application problem..
i.e.
> issues with Publisher.
>
> Word docs print fine.
>
> Werner

I dl'ed the latest drivers. It's not making any difference.
Actually, the PS driver will print with Publsiher, in 600 dpi mode, but
anything higher than that, and it will give me the same error.

from Werner <wernerpetersspam@nothotmail.com>...
> I dl'ed the latest drivers. It's not making any difference.
> Actually, the PS driver will print with Publsiher, in 600 dpi mode,
> but anything higher than that, and it will give me the same error.

What error are you getting?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/2/2004 2:52:13 PM
I get this error repeatedly on the server, not the client: "There was an
error found when printing the document "x.x" to Dot4_001

I do not get anything more speecific than that

> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Werner <wernerpetersspam@nothotmail.com>...
> > I dl'ed the latest drivers. It's not making any difference.
> > Actually, the PS driver will print with Publsiher, in 600 dpi mode,
> > but anything higher than that, and it will give me the same error.
>
> What error are you getting?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
wernerno (6)
1/2/2004 3:33:56 PM
Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or USB Are Not Redirected in
a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services Session
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302361
I have some information about SAMBA

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
> I get this error repeatedly on the server, not the client: "There was an
> error found when printing the document "x.x" to Dot4_001
>
> I do not get anything more speecific than that
>

> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> > from Werner <wernerpetersspam@nothotmail.com>...
> > > I dl'ed the latest drivers. It's not making any difference.
> > > Actually, the PS driver will print with Publsiher, in 600 dpi mode,
> > > but anything higher than that, and it will give me the same error.
> >
> > What error are you getting?
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> > http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> > Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> > http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
laserdog (1122)
1/2/2004 4:17:37 PM
Thank you all. I switched from a parallel cable to a USB cable, deleted all
drivers and reinstalled the driver off the HP website.

Finally, everything works.

Lot's of trial and error, and I still don't know what fixed it.
Werner

"Werner" <wernerpetersspam@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
> I dl'ed the latest drivers. It's not making any difference.
> Actually, the PS driver will print with Publsiher, in 600 dpi mode, but
> anything higher than that, and it will give me the same error.
>
> Werner
>

> "Werner" <wernerno@spamon.aibn.com> wrote in message
> > We have an HP Laser Printer (1300) with plenty of ram.. and yet I get an
> > error whenever I send something of legal size to the printer. Is anyone
> else
> > having compatibility issues between Publisher and HP?
> >
> > I called HP support and they indicate it must be application problem..
> i.e.
> > issues with Publisher.
> >
> > Word docs print fine.
> >
> > Werner

0
wernerno (6)

Outlook sending problem
How can I resolve this problem: Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <xxxsrv1.xxx.int #4.4.7> ...

printing copies

Smartlist report #3
In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a field called Balance for Calculation. That field has a drop down with (2) choices: Net Change or Period Balance. I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance" choice. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Merle Merle, You're not doing anything wrong. Basically, that field is useless in that particular SmartList. Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList in general. I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what you're looking for from...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Outlook 2000 crashing #3
Hi, I hope that someone can help me out here. I have recently installed Outlook 2000 onto XP Service Pack 1. Whenever I click send/receive (and there is an email waiting to download), Outlook closes and I receive the following error. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2416 ModName: rtfhtml.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.2603 Offset: 00029337 I had recently set one of the office machines up to share contacts which seemed to work quite well. Any ideas? ...

TCP/IP printing

excell problems
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:722BE439-FDD8-4EC9-A1ED-9CEE81E85151@microsoft.com... how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL Hi, If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat function. This joins up to 30 cells of information. The easy wa...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Conditioal formatting problem
I have a column with conditional formatting applied. Say I'm formatting cell E4. The column shows the number within a processing cycle which need warning traffic lights when certain days are reached so far I have set up: Condition 1 shows orange if the cell value is between 9 and 11. Condition 2 shows red if the cell value is greater than or equal to 12. My problem is that I need a 3rd condition to grey out cell E4 if a date is entered into cell G4. I've tried all sorts but the formatting will not work. Firstly can someone suggest a formula for condition 3. Secondly do I actua...

Help!! #3
I am new to the forum and would greatly appreciate any assistance that experienced Outlook users have. I cannot send/receive any emails on Outlook and continue to receive the following error message "(0x80042109) Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server." I contacted my service administrator and everything looks fine on there end. Guessing that I might have a corrupt file? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you connected to a different network than what your email is set up to use? For example, you have ...

Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file.
I am italian, but I haven't received no response in italian newsgroup... I have the following computer: OS: Win XPpro Corporate x64Bit CPU: Core2Quad Q9650 RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 4GB CL6 HDD: CaviarBlue 500GB WD x3 VGA: Sparkle GeForce 9400GT 512MB I installed various graphics programs such 3DSMAX9 x32 and x64Bit Maya 2010 Entire suite Adobe CS4 Master Collection Nero Reloaded 9 Office etc. ... A few days I have bought online in more than 2 memory modules (for achieve the 8GB total) identical to the DDR2 memory that I had and namely: 2GB Module 1...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problem in online transactions
I am still getting the OFXHTTP400 error on T Rowe Price accounts. It gets the pricing information but no additional transactions. I suspect this is a corrupted file. I ran a cleanup and it 18 transactions, none of them TRP but I know the records are intermingled... I have tried this on Money 2004 and Money 2006 on separate computers. Both exhibit the same behavior. I am really starting to get to my wits end - this software is far from the reliable type one needs for perosnal finances. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks ...

Problems with printing

Big Problem
Please solve my problem or give required help for me. ...

Outlook XP/Exchange 5.5 (scheduling / reminder problems)
First problem: All resources (owned by different users but with each with standard configurations) have Auto Accept and Refuse if conflict options actived in calendar. Some resources work OK, some will not Auto Accept and some Auto Accept even if there is a conflict. Any ideas on how to fix this? Second problem: Although all calendar reminder options are activated, some people do not receive them. How about ideas on this one? Thank you for all and any suggestions you may have! Send reponse to donna.brich@brp.com please. ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...

Printing in Vista