Printing problem when selecting any paper type other than plain pa

I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700.
When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with 
some color.  If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the 
software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc) 
when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3 
lines after the top border.  If I click the printer icon numerous times I do 
not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper, 
I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem.  Peterac
0
peterac (2)
10/5/2005 7:40:03 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 5 followers. Follow

3 Replies
645 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

HP Deskjet, HP Business Inkjet, and HP Color Inkjet Printers - Cleaning the Encoder 
Strip for Vertical Flaws in Print, Margin Offsets, or "Stair Stepped" Margins
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=33103&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpd50646

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Peterac" <peterac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:574E3EA1-3FB6-407C-94AA-78E786F7F9BF@microsoft.com...
>I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700.
> When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with
> some color.  If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the
> software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc)
> when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3
> lines after the top border.  If I click the printer icon numerous times I do
> not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper,
> I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem.  Peterac 


0
gsauer (5094)
10/5/2005 9:39:10 PM
This clearly not a hardware problem but a software problem, because if I take 
away the rectangle border the problem goes away.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> HP Deskjet, HP Business Inkjet, and HP Color Inkjet Printers - Cleaning the Encoder 
> Strip for Vertical Flaws in Print, Margin Offsets, or "Stair Stepped" Margins
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=33103&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpd50646
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "Peterac" <peterac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:574E3EA1-3FB6-407C-94AA-78E786F7F9BF@microsoft.com...
> >I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700.
> > When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with
> > some color.  If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the
> > software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc)
> > when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3
> > lines after the top border.  If I click the printer icon numerous times I do
> > not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper,
> > I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem.  Peterac 
> 
> 
> 
0
peterac (2)
10/6/2005 6:34:01 PM
This is a hardware/software driver issue, not a problem with Publisher.

-- 
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.publishermvps.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
"Peterac" <peterac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:44B0CB1D-182F-4870-8345-E023C0685968@microsoft.com...
> This clearly not a hardware problem but a software problem, because if I 
> take
> away the rectangle border the problem goes away.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> HP Deskjet, HP Business Inkjet, and HP Color Inkjet Printers - Cleaning 
>> the Encoder
>> Strip for Vertical Flaws in Print, Margin Offsets, or "Stair Stepped" 
>> Margins
>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=33103&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpd50646
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "Peterac" <peterac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:574E3EA1-3FB6-407C-94AA-78E786F7F9BF@microsoft.com...
>> >I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700.
>> > When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill 
>> > with
>> > some color.  If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the
>> > software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 
>> > 2,3,4,etc)
>> > when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series 
>> > of 3
>> > lines after the top border.  If I click the printer icon numerous times 
>> > I do
>> > not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain 
>> > paper,
>> > I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem. 
>> > Peterac
>>
>>
>> 


0
bkvalheim1 (519)
10/6/2005 6:42:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I print a list of the directory contents
I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it possible in WORD? Thanks No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can download from my web site that will produce a text listing that you can open in Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <...

Outlook sending problem
How can I resolve this problem: Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <xxxsrv1.xxx.int #4.4.7> ...

printing copies
under print options: Number of copies___. It will only print out 1 copy. I say 5 and it still prints out 1. I am a new user of 2007 Excel I suspect the problem is with the printer. Try getting the newest driver best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Val in Texas" <Val in Texas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78A83505-189A-4731-AF25-CD5505E33510@microsoft.com... > under print options: Number of copies___. It will only print out 1 copy. > I > say 5 and it still prints out 1. ...

Using VBA to select Items in multiselect Listbox
How can you programatically select items in a multiselect list box based on their lables? Certain groups of items in my multiselect listbox will be frequently selected together. I want to have check boxes elsewhere on the form that a user can click that will cause a group of items to be selected in the list box. The list box itself is used to make an sql statement. Thanks. Marcie "bymarce" <bymarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF7548C3-FBE9-498B-9455-6EE50A8F2E17@microsoft.com... > How can you programatically select items in a mult...

Ghosted print and print preview
Hello everyone, I have a problem with printing in excel. The print and print preview options appear ghosted. I still can print through the print icon on the toolbar. Any suggestions??? Martin ...

Print Dynamic Range
I have a basic excel template used for ordering parts. It runs from A1:N250 and I can print easily repeating rows 1:11 on each page (contains job details) . Trouble is sometimes there may only be 10 part numbers requiring only first page and I finish up throwing away trees by printing entire sheet! I know I can reset print area each time am setting this up on Sharepoint for multi users and need a macro/button to recognise number of items and print accordingly. Any help greatly appreciated -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Sub SetPrintArea() 'change this cons...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem
I have converted a database designed in 2003 to 2007. One of the reports unfortunately does not work the same as it did in 2003. The report generates invoices and on the form I had put in a text box with the Control Source property set to [Enter Invoice Date] which brings up a dialog box when the report is run asking the user to put in a date. This works ok in 2003 but comes up as #Error in 2007 in the report generated. In 2007 report design, the text box has a green triangle on it indicating an error "Invalid Control Property: Control Source" & "No such field in t...

TCP/IP printing
Hello, I have a networking question. I have a print device with a static IP address on one network. A computer on another network can connect to the printer (NBT is enabled and so is LPR) and the drivers are installed but cannot print. I know this is correct behavior but want to know in detail why it seems to half work. I am guessing it has to do with port 138,139 and 515 but not positive. Probably a better question to ask a networking forum but hey. Thanks can you access the printer through the printer IP address? -- ashvin :D Just chill -pls post your feedback on...

excell problems
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:722BE439-FDD8-4EC9-A1ED-9CEE81E85151@microsoft.com... how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL Hi, If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat function. This joins up to 30 cells of information. The easy wa...

Printing booklet
I am producing a 50 to 60 page booklet using Pubisher 2003. The page format will be using 8.5 x 11 paper folded in half. I need to print both sides of the paper. How do I print the booklet so that I print half the project on one side of the paper and the other half on the back. Will publisher keep track of the pages so that for example; that page 2 and page 50 print on the same side/sheet of paper so when all pages are printed, folded and bound the book reads correctly. Thanks John Houston, Tx more info...I am using a single side printer so I have to run the pages through twice ...

Check printing in GP 7.0
Dear Guys, I have check payments for vendors, where I'm dealing with LOCAL CURRENCY & FORIGHN CURRENCY. When I paid by check in LOCAL CURRENCY then the amount in words prints perfectly but if i paid by check in FORIGN CURRENCY then the amount in word prints in numeric which i want to print amount in words instead of numbers. Please help me to print checks amount in words for FORIGN CURRENCY as well. Your suggestion would be appricated on above issue thnx Shamin ...

Conditioal formatting problem
I have a column with conditional formatting applied. Say I'm formatting cell E4. The column shows the number within a processing cycle which need warning traffic lights when certain days are reached so far I have set up: Condition 1 shows orange if the cell value is between 9 and 11. Condition 2 shows red if the cell value is greater than or equal to 12. My problem is that I need a 3rd condition to grey out cell E4 if a date is entered into cell G4. I've tried all sorts but the formatting will not work. Firstly can someone suggest a formula for condition 3. Secondly do I actua...

Multiple Pivot tables from One selection
I would like 2 or 3 pivot tables to use on pivot table selection. I.e the selection criteria of the 1st pivot table on the menu page determines what the page data of the other pivot table displays on seperate sheets where the other pivot tables are contained. So the selection of one pivot table controls the rest. -- dapo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29967 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496616 Check the "Synchronize 2 Piv...

Excel BUG (All Versions) Excel Macro Margins using Print Preview
Where can i post this BUG? (Excel Macro Margins using Print Preview) Is there an Excel BUG reporting site? Steps: 1) New worksheet, write something in it 2) Start recording a new macro 3) File -> Print Preview 4) Click on the Margins Button, the page margins will appear, so that you can visually change and move them 5) Set one or more margins 6) Close the Print Preview 7) Stop the Macro What happened is that in the VBA code there will be writtenthe following lines: ..LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.91) ..RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints() Where in second line ther...

Creating new attribute with Lookup as data type
I need to create a new attribute with Lookup as data type in the Account entity just like system Parent Account (parentaccountid) attribute in account entity, it would be great if I can just uplicate this system attribute. Since the new attribute (Dealer of Record) will be pointing to the same entity as parentaccountid, what is the best way go about doing this? Thanks. To achieve this you will have to create a new entity which will contain attributes you require and then you will have to set a many to one relationship between Account and your entity. After creating the entity y...

Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file.
I am italian, but I haven't received no response in italian newsgroup... I have the following computer: OS: Win XPpro Corporate x64Bit CPU: Core2Quad Q9650 RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 4GB CL6 HDD: CaviarBlue 500GB WD x3 VGA: Sparkle GeForce 9400GT 512MB I installed various graphics programs such 3DSMAX9 x32 and x64Bit Maya 2010 Entire suite Adobe CS4 Master Collection Nero Reloaded 9 Office etc. ... A few days I have bought online in more than 2 memory modules (for achieve the 8GB total) identical to the DDR2 memory that I had and namely: 2GB Module 1...

"Tiled" print setting.
I just want the page that I designed to print on one page! I can't change the print setting "tiled" and as it is, it's printing on four pages all broken up. It is possible that you have created your document on a paper size that is not supported by your printer. Try changing your paper size to 8 1/2 by 11 and see if the print options are more to your liking. "MissMarple" <MissMarple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6776BEA-37EE-4645-B389-866A6CDB2D96@microsoft.com... >I just want the page that I designed to print on one ...

Display file name without the file type extension
Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? Thanks. Try the below in a saved workbook. =TRIM(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),".xl",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "NAHolmes" wrote: > Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? > > Thanks. Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A...

CHtmlView and Printing
Hi Everyone, The CHtmlView is giving me alot of head aches. Here is what I am doing. I am opening an XML file (being formatted using XLST) in a hidden CHtmlView and printing it. Here is how the process goes: 1. I create the XML file on the fly. 2. load the XML file in to CHtmlView. 3. Once loaded I tell it to print the resulting HTML page. 4, I need to delete XML file after the printing is done. (this is the problem). I can't figure out how to find out when the CHtmlView is done printing. CHtmlView::OnFilePrint is asynchronous. And CHtmlView doesn't tell me that it is currently p...

Problem in online transactions
I am still getting the OFXHTTP400 error on T Rowe Price accounts. It gets the pricing information but no additional transactions. I suspect this is a corrupted file. I ran a cleanup and it 18 transactions, none of them TRP but I know the records are intermingled... I have tried this on Money 2004 and Money 2006 on separate computers. Both exhibit the same behavior. I am really starting to get to my wits end - this software is far from the reliable type one needs for perosnal finances. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks ...

Problems with printing
Dear all I have an application, which has been working without problems for the last 7 years. The application has some printing capabilities. Now, we have just gotten a new printer (HP Laserjet CM4370), and when I try to print, my application crashes. The app crashes in the print setup dialog even before I press OK. If I select any other printer as default printer, the app doesn't crash. Then I can show the print setup dialog without problems. But then, when I select the CM4370, the app crashes again, even if I do not press OK. Even if I choose to not show the print setup dialog, and j...

Big Problem
Please solve my problem or give required help for me. ...

Outlook XP/Exchange 5.5 (scheduling / reminder problems)
First problem: All resources (owned by different users but with each with standard configurations) have Auto Accept and Refuse if conflict options actived in calendar. Some resources work OK, some will not Auto Accept and some Auto Accept even if there is a conflict. Any ideas on how to fix this? Second problem: Although all calendar reminder options are activated, some people do not receive them. How about ideas on this one? Thank you for all and any suggestions you may have! Send reponse to donna.brich@brp.com please. ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground
In my wrksht there is a cell range highlighted with an autofill color. We use this to show the user where to enter the data. Is there anyway to avoid printing this background color. We want to keep the color in the cell range in our wrksht but we dont want it printed. Hi Jeff, have you tried Print preview, Setup, Sheet, Black & white? Gilles "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001201c3ba81$023b8af0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > In my wrksht there is a cell range highlighted with an > autofill color. We use this to show the user where t...

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...