Printing on Brother MFC 210C out of Publisher 2000 (2002)

I just aquired a Brother multi printer MFC 210C. When printing from
Publisher 2000 as well as XP, any quality settings are being totally
ignored - Fine, Normal, Fast Normal, Fast. Everything gets printed at
the same quality setting; looks to me like Normal?

Publisher is the only one with the problem, all other apps are doing
fine.

I have contacted Brother, but they say it's Microsofts problem. But it
looks like, it's mine.

Thanks
dirke

Publisher has no printer issues. Brother is definitely pulling your leg. If you can
set the quality in any other Office program then you can to do the same in Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
<dengelhardt@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>I just aquired a Brother multi printer MFC 210C. When printing from
> Publisher 2000 as well as XP, any quality settings are being totally
> ignored - Fine, Normal, Fast Normal, Fast. Everything gets printed at
> the same quality setting; looks to me like Normal?
>
> Publisher is the only one with the problem, all other apps are doing
> fine.
>
> I have contacted Brother, but they say it's Microsofts problem. But it
> looks like, it's mine.
>
> Thanks
> dirke

0
gsauer (5094)

Installation problem with Outlook 2000: 'The operation failed due to an installa
I installed Outlook 2000 on a laptop, which already had some of the Office 2002 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). When I try to open Outlook I get an error message 'The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall'. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook a couple of times, but still the same problem. Does anyboday have an idea what the problem could be and how it could be solved? ...

printing copies

MS Publisher
My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to view each page? What version of Publisher do you have. You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish) portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page. CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "...

Mail Merge Outlook 2000
I am trying to create mailing labels. I select "Tools" "Mail Merge" "All Contacts" "Current View" "New Document" "Permanant File" (with appropriate file name) "Mailing Labels" "OK" When the Word page opens I select "Create Mailing Labels" and select the proper type. I then insert the fields that I want (first and last name, home address, city, state, and zip). I click OK. I then "Get Data" using the appropirate Outlook folder. I then "Merge" all records to "New Document&...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Outlook 2000 crashing #3
Hi, I hope that someone can help me out here. I have recently installed Outlook 2000 onto XP Service Pack 1. Whenever I click send/receive (and there is an email waiting to download), Outlook closes and I receive the following error. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2416 ModName: rtfhtml.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.2603 Offset: 00029337 I had recently set one of the office machines up to share contacts which seemed to work quite well. Any ideas? ...

Printing booklet

year conversion in date fields eg 1900 to 2000
I moved a existing database from foxpro to access 2000. The dates in foxpro had a 2 digit year and when brought in to access it converted them to 1900 (eg. 11/12/00 to 11/12/1900 instead of 11/12/2000). Is there a way in access to convert (replace) only the year of vaious dates to another year. If this is not possible is there a way to prevent this while converting? thanks alex An update query can work for this. Something like this: UPDATE TableName SET [DateFieldName] = DateAdd("yyyy", 100, [DateFieldName]) WHERE Year([DateFieldName]) = 1900; -- Ken Snell <MS...

Outlook 2002 "Not responding" while creating a new message
I have MSOffice xp on MS xp Home version. I am having Outlook 2002 go into the "Not responding". When I go to Crash Analysis It states/suggests that I update. When I check updates there are none because I am up to date already. I am on a POP3 dial up account with a.net ISP popping my mail to Outlook 2002 from a mail.xxxx.com which is supported by a mail hosting company. I would like to add that the .net is still active when this occurs. When it occurs I am in Outlook opening various folders, some with attachments for reference while creating/composing a new message. I am w...

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

upgrade from money 2002 to 2005
I'm currently using Money 2002 and I've just purchased Money 2005. Whenever I tried to upgrade my Money 2002 file to Money 2005, I'm getting the following message: "Money cannot locate <path to my 2002 money file" or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I've checked the file property, it's not read-only, I'm running windows xp and I'm the local adminitrator, I still have 20 GB of space on my harddrive. Has anyone encountered this problem...

Publisher #72
first time newletter creation. When I want to print it asks me to link the picture. I did not pull any clipart from the web -I thought it was all in the software. I added one picture that was sent to me. What pictures would it refer to and how to do it.M Have you saved the newsletter? Did you insert the picture or paste? What are your security settings in Publisher? It should be set at medium for Publisher 2003. 2007 it is Disable all macros with notification. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "question mark...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

97 to 2002 Conversion
When I try to convert an Access 97 file to Access 2002, the file "hangs" (hourglass), and no conversion happens. I use the Tools/Database Utilities method to convert. Anybody know why? Anybody know how to convert a file that hangs? Hi Kay, A possible reason as to why your application may hang is because it was not Compiled and Save All Modules before converting (in Access 97). If it is compiled then it maybe related to something else. To isolate what the cause is do the following: - create a blank new database - select the menu option File > Get External Data > Impo...