Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper

I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use.
Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the
formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is
printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!?

What version Publisher?

You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the
size in page setup.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use.
> Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the
> formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is
> printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/11/2007 3:52:04 PM
How would I go about doing that?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher?
>
> You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the
> size in page setup.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use.
> > Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the
> > formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is
> > printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!?

Page setup, printer tab, somewhere in your printer properties there will be a
custom button or tab. Maybe where you select paper size.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> How would I go about doing that?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What version Publisher?
>>
>> You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the
>> size in page setup.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to
>> >use.
>> > Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the
>> > formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is
>> > printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

How do I print a 5.5x8.5" booklet in Access?
I need to print a telephone directly, two pages to a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. How do I print it in Access XP? On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:31:01 -0700, Jerry <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to print a telephone directly, two pages to a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. >How do I print it in Access XP? From Bob Howard's post of 6/23/05 8:45 AM I finally decided to use a software product called FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) which acts as a Postscript printer. I give it the appropriate settings to configure the result as a booklet, and it takes care of...

use continouse paper size 5.5X8.5 inchs for invoice
hi i have transfered from old pos system to MS RMS ,i have too much invoice paper size 5.5 X 8.5 inchs i do not want to descard it,is any invice templete that work on this paper size. best reqards ...

I want to print a 26 page 5.5 X8.5 booklet
I want to print a a 5.5 8.5 booklet in publisher. I'm using 8 X 10 paper and printing in the landscape mode, but I'm having a difficult time getting the page order right when I print the book out. Can anyone help? Fred M calpoet <calpoet@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to print a a 5.5 8.5 booklet in publisher. I'm using 8 X 10 > paper and printing in the landscape mode, but I'm having a difficult > time getting the page order right when I print the book out. Can > anyone help? How exactly do you plan on getti...

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

It wants to print my 5.5"X8.5" booklets on 11"X17"
For two years, I’ve used Publisher 2003 to print folded and stapled booklets on our Konica/Minolta Di5510 copier. Ever since Service Pack 3, no matter what I do when I send a 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" booklet job to the copier, the copier insists that I load 11" X 17" instead of the 8 1/2" X 11" I specified. (When I try to print an 8 1/2" X 11" booklet, it either changes my Publisher page set up to 4 1/4" X 11" and prints slices of two of my pages on each page of the booklet, or it prints a booklet with only half the pages.) If it helps to know,...