Printing in MS Publisher 2003

I support a department that uses Publisher to create its monthly calendar.
The secretary creates the base calendar, then e-mails it to the department
members for them to add their own events.

The secretary has a network printer as her default.  The department members
have local printers as their default (in fact, two users only have one
printer configured in their respective "Printers and Faxes").

The two users in question print the calendar, after saving it to their local
machine, and it prints to the secretary's network printer.  Mousing over the
print icon in the toolbar of Publisher with the calendar open shows the
network printer address, not the local printer, for both users.

Even trying to File->print, and select printer,  sends the file to the
network printer for the users.

How can I help my users print this calendar to their local printer?

Thanks,
--
Trouble Shooter

troubleshooter wrote:
> Even trying to File->print, and select printer,  sends the file to the
> network printer for the users.

Is the local printer listed and selected in the print dialog?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Yes, the local printer appears in the print dialog - and only the local
printer - the network printer does not appear.

That's what's so baffling - two users have only a local printer configured,
yet when they try to print, it goes to a network printer.

Thanks,
Trouble Shooter

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> troubleshooter wrote:
> > Even trying to File->print, and select printer,  sends the file to the
> > network printer for the users.
>
> Is the local printer listed and selected in the print dialog?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

Hi the problem I suspect you have is related to Office Service Pack 2, if you
go to file>page setup>printer and paper you will no doubt see the printer you
wish to print to -  click OK and this will change the printer icon to the
local printer. Be aware that this setting has been written to the document
when you save it and therfore would need to be changed back when you want to
print to the network printer

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> troubleshooter wrote:
> > Even trying to File->print, and select printer,  sends the file to the
> > network printer for the users.
>
> Is the local printer listed and selected in the print dialog?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
RayFay (6)

when generate monthly report money 2003 reports error and close automatically
I am running money 2003 on my windows xp for over a year, never has a problem but until today. When I try to generate the monthly report for June, there is popup error message saying that the program has encountered some problems and needs to close and whether I want to send those technical error details to MS, and besides this I got an option to check it if I want money to reopen. The program still able to generate monthly reports for previous months and even the month in progress but not June! Can someone point me the direction to rectify this problem ( I have tried to uninstall and reinsta...

how to uninstall ms publisher after a one week trial?
I have used the control panel software remove facility to get rid of a trial version of ms publisher but it remains in the computer and nothing seems to be able to delete it. Can anyone help please? See: How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "removing an ms publisher trial version" <removing an ms publisher trial version@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01C8FA93-917E-4A98-945C-7C3813FFA9F4@microsoft....

Outlook 2003 #284
Why is it when I want to insert an attachment into an email in Outlook 2003 and the browse window pops up for the file, I try to change the directory for the file, the window stops responding and locks up and I have to force quit Outlook (sometimes having to reboot!) Argghhhh!....Help me Please.... ...

Lost admin password of Windows 2003 Server DC
Hi, A client called me to restore access to their Windows 2003 Server acting as a DC whose Administrators' passwords have been lost. Nobody can now log into the server. I understand that resetting the local Administrator password on non-Active Directory Win 2003 machines is pretty easy. There are lots of utilities that you can download and run from a bootable CD and clear out the passwords. I also understand that the mechanism that Windows 2003 Server employs for storing usernames and passwords is different for Domain Controller machines and WORK_GROUP ones, such that runn...

Expert User: Text Disappearing in Publisher 2003
I'm having an issue with text disappearing in Publisher 2003. Not only is the text not visible, but it cannot be highlighted or have a cursor inserted. Stranger yet, it seems to be random, with some lines in a text box disappearing and others remaining. If I save the file, sometimes the text returns. If I close and reopen the file, it always returns. I have a decade of experience in Publisher (since 97). I am also an IT admin, and I can guarrantee I am using the latest drivers available for my FireGL V3400. I know the Pub 2000 had an issue with bloating filesizes on resave. Since this is...

how to make a figure with log X-axis (MS Excel)
I do concentration-response experiments, but I am not able to use the MS Excel to make the X axis in log scale. Please help. Thanks. > I do concentration-response experiments, but I am not able to use the MS > Excel to make the X axis in log scale. Please help. Thanks. < Use an XY (Scatter) chart type, not a Line chart type. Then Format the x-axis Scale to be Log. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

printing copies

Disclaimers and Exchange 2003
Is there a way to add a disclaimer message to the bottom of all outgoing emails. Im using Exchange 2003. I know there are 3rd party tools, but you'd think it would be a feature built into EX2003. My clients use Outlook XP to send/receive emails. I suppose I could make it part of their signatures, but a user could delete or modify this setting. Download the trial version of GFI Mail Essentials which allows one disclaimer while unregistered, and continues to work when the trail period is over. www.gfi.com/me P.S. If they're fed-up with SPAM this product will make them ...

Why MS CRM?
Hi everyone, Our SMB is in need of a CRM for both sales and service. We have been talking to several companies and each one is of course interested in selling us there own different software. One particular companies is even a MS CRM distributor but feels that Maximizer enterprise 8 is a better option. They even say that the pervasive backend is far superior then SQL. What were the deciding factors that lead you to choose MS CRM over the competition. We are looking at Maximizer Enterprise 8, and MS CRM Sales and Service Pro, with some interest in Accpacs CRM solution. We currently only ...

Ghosted print and print preview

MS Publisher
My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to view each page? What version of Publisher do you have. You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish) portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page. CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "...

Outlook 2003 sent items gone
I have a user that is on Outlook 2003 and she was connected through the Exchange Server we have at corporate, but after a recent migration to another Exchange Server up there I was having a problem getting her connected to it properly. So I just went ahead and deleted the Exchange account and set her up as a POP account, left the messages on the server, and had it download all of her messages again. It worked fine and it kept her archived inbox and everything, but for some reason all of her "Sent Items" are gone, even in the archive. Did I lose those for good? I kind of didn't ev...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Lost Most of Inbox! OL2003/Exchange 2003 Cached
Suddenly this morning my inbox went from having ~800 items to 12 items! They aren't in the deleted folder. All my other folders seem OK (~2 GB worth!) I checked on the server using the Web inteface and the bulk of the inbox messages are gone in that environment as well. I may well have hit an inadvertant keystroke today, but I don't understand why these messages didn't go to the deleted box. Is there anything I can do on the Exchange server to recover (I have full access to that server)? TIA Harry if DIR is configured on the server, you might try this: http://suppor...

Help with compile error MS S using MT and clr
Help!, I need to compile this code with static libs so it run on another XP machine that does'nt have MS Studio installed. When I compile now I get an ERROR: 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: drawing_control, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'drawing_control', configuration 'Release|Win32' 1>Compiling... 1>cl : Command line error D8016 : '/MT' and '/clr:oldsyntax' command-line options are incompatible 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Grant\Desktop\dra...

Importing a CSV file into Money 2003
Help! I'm trying to import all of my brokerage account activity either as a Microsoft native format CSV file or Quicken .QIF file into my Brokerage Account setup in Money 2003 under "Investment Accounts." When I try to import the CSV file into Money, it doesn't recognize my Brokerage Account. What's the deal? Furthermore, at the present time my brokerage company doesn't have the electronically downloadable "direct statement" option. Therefore, the only way to update my brokerage account under Money 2003's Investment Accounts is either by imp...

Remove MS Mail Connector
Hi, I have migrated on a new machine a exchange 200 to 2003. I couldnt uninstall with the CD the Exchange 2000 and i had to do a manually uninstall of the Exchange 2000. Everything is now on the 2003 machine and its working, but i have found that there are still the ms mail connectors. Also because of the connectors i have errors at the application log. How can i manually remove the connectors? any help will be aprreciated. thanks, Julio Villalba ...

MS CRM Services and Local System account
Should the services be running under the local system account or do they need a Network account... What kind of privileges are needed? Thanks I run SQL as a Domain User account, and CRM as a Domain Admin account, but *NOT* a default Domain Admin account. Create dedicated accounts for services in a seperate OU. If you have multiple SQL servers, give each their own account and create an SQL group that holds them all. This way you can restrict functionality at any granular level. (Ex, This SQL server doesn't need to interact with that SQL server, so modify the settings to deny connect...

Publisher #72
first time newletter creation. When I want to print it asks me to link the picture. I did not pull any clipart from the web -I thought it was all in the software. I added one picture that was sent to me. What pictures would it refer to and how to do it.M Have you saved the newsletter? Did you insert the picture or paste? What are your security settings in Publisher? It should be set at medium for Publisher 2003. 2007 it is Disable all macros with notification. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "question mark...