Printing "Arabic typesetting"

I am trying to create a scroll for a craft project, and i thought if I typed
something in a blank publisher page, and set the font to "Arabic typesetting"
it would show or print in arabic, then I could draw the characters on my
Scroll, however, it won't print in the other language. Can someone helP?

From your Help:

The feature or some of the options described in this Help topic are only
available if support for an East Asian or right-to-left language is enabled
through Microsoft Office Language Settings.

On the File menu, click Page Setup. On the Layout tab, under Publication type,
select the Right-to-left page order check box.

Note  Before you insert a page in a publication, check the page setting. When
the right-to-left page order is set for a publication, the pages are ordered
from the right to the left. If, for example, you try to insert a page as the
third from the right without checking the page setting, it might appear as the
third from the left.

You might try copying/pasting something here
http://www.mesiti.it/arabic/wiki/wiki.asp?db=WikiAsp&o=ArabicSayings

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"mother.jeni" <motherjeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a scroll for a craft project, and i thought if I typed
> something in a blank publisher page, and set the font to "Arabic typesetting"
> it would show or print in arabic, then I could draw the characters on my
> Scroll, however, it won't print in the other language. Can someone helP?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
12/17/2008 9:54:35 PM
In addition to the steps mentioned by Mary Sauer you may also try the
following:

1) Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings -> Keyboards and
Languages -> Change Keyboard
2) Select Arabic
3) Click Add Button. A dialogue box opens. Under Arabic, select the
appropriate Arabic keyboard and jit 'ok'
4) Select Arabic Keyboard and hit move up and then 'ok'.
5) Either in the pane bellow or to the corner or at the top you will find
"EN English (United States) ". From the drop down menu select Arabic(country)
6) Open PPT.  You should now be able to type in Arabic.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> From your Help:
>
> The feature or some of the options described in this Help topic are only
> available if support for an East Asian or right-to-left language is enabled
> through Microsoft Office Language Settings.
>
> On the File menu, click Page Setup. On the Layout tab, under Publication type,
> select the Right-to-left page order check box.
>
> Note  Before you insert a page in a publication, check the page setting. When
> the right-to-left page order is set for a publication, the pages are ordered
> from the right to the left. If, for example, you try to insert a page as the
> third from the right without checking the page setting, it might appear as the
> third from the left.
>
> You might try copying/pasting something here
> http://www.mesiti.it/arabic/wiki/wiki.asp?db=WikiAsp&o=ArabicSayings
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "mother.jeni" <motherjeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to create a scroll for a craft project, and i thought if I typed
> > something in a blank publisher page, and set the font to "Arabic typesetting"
> > it would show or print in arabic, then I could draw the characters on my
> > Scroll, however, it won't print in the other language. Can someone helP?

Printing "Arabic typesetting"
I am trying to create a scroll for a craft project, and i thought if I typed something in a blank publisher page, and set the font to "Arabic typesetting" it would show or print in arabic, then I could draw the characters on my Scroll, however, it won't print in the other language. Can someone helP? From your Help: The feature or some of the options described in this Help topic are only available if support for an East Asian or right-to-left language is enabled through Microsoft Office Language Settings. On the File menu, click Page Setup. On the Layout tab, under Publica...