Printing and pdf errors

I created a doc in .pub (many times) and it will not print
to my printers or to .pdf. I upgraded Publisher 2002,
reinstalled Acrobat etc. I get this message from Acrobat:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand:
scale_the_picture ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be
ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

The picts were scaled elsewhere and reembedded in the .pub
file. No help. It looks great on screen. Any ideas!!
0
cwmcfee (2)

Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from Chuck M <cwmcfee@yahoo.com>
> I created a doc in .pub (many times) and it will not print
> to my printers or to .pdf. I upgraded Publisher 2002,
> reinstalled Acrobat etc. I get this message from Acrobat:
>
> %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
> %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand:
> scale_the_picture ]%%
> %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be
> ignored ]%%
> %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

What version of Acrobat are you using?
Are you using the Distiller driver?
What type of image is it?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/4/2003 4:27:43 PM
I'm using Acrobat 5.05. I am using distiller to print it.
I can print the file to a B/W HP Laserjet 4M and color HP
Inkjet 2200 but not Adobe.pdf (neither can those I email
it to).

Maybe I need a new driver? How do I get that? I went to
Adobe homepage and loaded the update.

It is a newsletter page, with a fairly simple layout, with
some WordArt (I installed the WordArt fix on MS website),
and simple graphics, only 2 pgs long. I can email it if
you want.

%

>What version of Acrobat are you using?
>Are you using the Distiller driver?
>What type of image is it?
>
>--
>Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
>Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
>http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm
>

>.

0
cwmcfee (2)
8/4/2003 5:16:06 PM
Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from Chuck M <cwmcfee@yahoo.com>
> It is a newsletter page, with a fairly simple layout, with
> some WordArt (I installed the WordArt fix on MS website),
> and simple graphics, only 2 pgs long. I can email it if
> you want.

How large is the file?
What filetype are the graphics?
What happens if you redo the WordArt using the Publisher 2002 WordArt?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/4/2003 5:25:12 PM
I have had similar problems that were solved by
reinstalling Adobe and the drivers (completely
uninstalling first then reinstall).

Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.kvalheim.org

0
publisher (1245)
8/4/2003 6:31:11 PM
I have had that same error at times and found a re-boot fixed the problem.

Brian and David,

You guys must not be holding your mouse the right way or feeding it
enough cheese. I've never run across this problem. :-)

Mike

���M�S��Publisher��� wrote:
> I have had that same error at times and found a re-boot fixed the problem.

0
wordwiz (948)

Redeployment Errors
I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I keep getting "...cannot grant access to the databases" error during the final step of installation. I'm installing with a user with administrative rights and made sure that user was in SQL with System Admin and DBO rights. Has anyone else experienced this? This can happen if you install CRM by copying files to disk from CD. Try installing from CD and use splash.exe. Also clear Enable LMHOSTS lookup check box in the tcp/ip properties. "Danielle Sturgess" wrote: > I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 install...

printing copies

Read Receipt Error
I tried to send a read receipt in response to an e-mail I recieved, but apparently my mail system doesn't support them. Now Outlook (2003) tries to send the receipt every time I do a send/recieve and generates an error message. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to cancel the read receipt, since it doesn't show up in my Outbox or Sent Items folders. I've gone so far as to completely disable sending read receipts, and removing the mail account and recreating it - all to no avail. Anyone have a fix for this? -Kevin ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

POS Error
We're running POS 1.3r using PCCHARGE. In the past month we have received 3 errors while processing either a sale or a return using a credit card. After scanning the card the register displays the following error message: ERROR 2147217871 TIMEOUT EXPIRED (SOURCE MICROSOFT OLE DB PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER). It then goes on to say (SQL STATE HYT00 NATIVE ERROR 0) NO HELP FILE AVAILABLE. At this point the transaction exits. I've since discovered that the CUSTOMER's record has not been updated to reflect TOTALVISITS or TOTALSALES. Additionally, TENDERTOTALS, TENDERENTRY, and BAT...

TCP/IP printing

different Javascript error after hotfixes installed
Hi all, Have a javascript error that I couldn´t find the answer to on the forums yet. The story: I installed CRM with SQL on one server , DNS is on a different server. All goes well. I can get into CRM as administrator and get the predicted "permission denied error" I install Hot fixes: CRM1.2-KB840934 CRM1.2-KB892949 CRM1.2-KB890599 To remove the "permission denied" error. The permission denied error goes away, but I have a new javescript error that says: Error: Object does not accept this property or method. URL: http://mycrm/_grid/grid_data.aspx?sortCol=ti...

Printing booklet

Help with compile error MS S using MT and clr
Help!, I need to compile this code with static libs so it run on another XP machine that does'nt have MS Studio installed. When I compile now I get an ERROR: 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: drawing_control, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'drawing_control', configuration 'Release|Win32' 1>Compiling... 1>cl : Command line error D8016 : '/MT' and '/clr:oldsyntax' command-line options are incompatible 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Grant\Desktop\dra...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Error Message Required
Hi Product Team, when a user with no role or with a role which has access just to the settings area is trying to load the outlook client, outlook hangs. I believe there should be an error message stating that the user has no required persmissions to access rather than crashing the outlook. also the role which has jsut access to the system settings was customized from an existing role - but still it fails to load. Is this a bug or a feature missing? -- Kamala Ramesh Dynamics CRM Consultant ...

How do I convert PDF files to Excel?
I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make adjustments to the amounts in one column. "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E00681-1630-4D2D-BB1A-2DEB11DA3AF3@microsoft.com... > I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make > adjustments to the amounts in one column. You need Adobe Acrobat if you want to modify a pdf file. /Fredrik Scan it and send it to a OCR program. Hoping that you have a clean legible master to scan. -- HansM "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsof...

CHtmlView and Printing

VS 2008 Error List
I've updated a reference in my VS.NET 2008 web project that I know will cause errors (methods no longer supported, etc). The class is used by multiple pages in my project, however when I build or rebuild the project, only the errors on any file(s) are shown in the Error List. If a file with an error is not open it is not listed in the Error List. Is there a setting for this or another way to cause the Error List to show all project errors? "smay" <smay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:430005A6-A023-48CD-980B-3991450CDBEF@microsoft.com... ...

"Tiled" print setting.

error 80048823
I have tried ever thing on the net pertaining to this error message posted by microsoft. I will no longer use live messenger. I opened a yahoo account maybe I'll have better luck. ever since I download the live 09 i have had nothing but problems take this crap and put it where the sun don't shine. vickie ...

runtime error catcher
Hi, I just want to ask a question. With the runtime error catcher that i'v got below, it still shows up empty box when there is no runtime error It works great if there is a runtime error. Here is the code Sub Importfile() On Error GoTo ErrCheck FileIn = Application.GetOpenFilename() slot = FreeFile Open FileIn For Input As slot ... ErrCheck: 'show the description of the error MsgBox Err.Description End Sub is this the right way of catching the error? Thank you very much in advanc -- associate ----------------------------------------------------------------------- associates&#...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

data from sql to pdf form
how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf form? thank sam Idea #1 Sql Server Reporting Services. PDF is one export option. You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be. "Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message news:uUqHHPLhKHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf > form? > > thank > sam > > sql server 2000 &quo...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?