printer driver error

I am running Window XP Pro with Office Pro with Publisher.
Although I can print to my Lexmark Z65 from Word (or
anywhere else I've tried) I can't print from Publisher.
It keeps telling me that I have to install a printer
driver - which I did when I set up the computer.
Thanks for any help.
0
hartmc (1)

Go to the Lexmark website and download and install the latest version of the
printer driver available.

Make sure you have the correct model driver and to suit WinXP.

donotknock (1942)
9/9/2003 11:41:53 PM
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:41:53 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>Go to the Lexmark website and download and install the latest version of the
>printer driver available.
>
>Make sure you have the correct model driver and to suit WinXP.

Hopefully, Lexmark is better that H-P when it comes to drivers. H-P
stopped updating drivers for many of its printers at the Windows
2000/NT OS level, leaving us WinXP users with the minimal Windows
drivers.
Mad at the world? Ask for a copy of VITUPERATIONS - you'll get madder!
0
grizzly (12)

Error received when assigning cases ; "The parameter is incorrect"
When users try to assign cases, they periodically receive the error message below. We've run SQL Profiler traces, CRMDiag and sent those files to Microsoft support. however they're not finding anything "wrong" here, and I'm beginning to get frustrated with not being able to narrow down the cause. Has anyone else experienced this issue? if so, how did you resolve it? Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred duri...

Entourage Error Message
Once again there is nothing to help me out on the support pages of Microsoft. I have a MAC with OS X, with all the latest patches, and Office X with all the latest patches. I use Entourage to connect to an exchange server using IMAP. All of a sudden when the user sends and receives he receives an error of: unrecognized internal error: 0x50b. Error: 1025 Any Idea's? Christopher Holley ...

Citrix Printer Problem
When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in Dynamics the printer changes from the user's default to another printer. Anyone know how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer? We are running Dynamics Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003. Thanks Hi How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server? Are all the users using the same DEX.ini file? "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BB7F031-0E3C-4BF0-91AD-1160B34EC642@microsoft.com... > When running on our Citrix server, everytime...

Printer status?
Hi to everyone! I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer. I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129 "How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to use the PRINTER_INFO_n structures... Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for the status... is...

Server Error: 0x80191002
Hi. What does this error message mean? Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 I'm on XPsp3 and using Live Mail Desktop 14.0.8089.0726. I haven't been able to synch my account from the desktop client since yesterday morning. The web interface is working fine, but that's not very convenient for me. Graeme Several sites suggest deleting the account and recreate it as an attempt to correct this issue. However, there are also many which state you must contact...

Error 2007
Help!!! This macro used to work perfectly fine. Nothing has changed. All of a sudden, I am getting a type mismatch(error 2007). I don’t know how to fix this. Sample of my code: Range("A4").Select With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable4").PivotFields("ST-LOC-NUMB") .PivotItems("(blank)").Visible = False End With Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=AVERAGE(R[2]C:R[9998]C)" Range("A1").Select Selection.autofill Destination:=Range("A1:M1"), Type:=xlFi...

File time comparison error
I seem to be getting a result i'm not expecting using api to get file time of two 'identical' files on different drives working on a file backup app to synchronize my portable hard drive and laptop on one file that i know for sure is same date on both drives (as seen in explorer) i get the following times Time for file 1: 3005030930305536 Time for file 2: 3005030913683296 lngCompare <1> as you can see the filetimes are different, but in explorer they are the same what am i doing wrong? in my compareSaveTime sub 'get file times(function...

Win2k3 Server Delayed Write Failed (ID 50) Errors
Hi all, I've been experiencing Delayed Write Failed errors (Event ID 50) for over 2 months now on our only Server on site. The machine is an IBM e-Server 366 and is a Domain Controller, IIS Server, File and Print Server, SQL Server. The errors are caused when users save their documents to the server (either their own My Documents area or any of the several shares on the volume). On the workstation end the file hangs when saving, then crashes the appplication that was saving it. On the server end the server locks up and eventually pops up and Event ID 26 with the file that caused t...

Outlook 2000 error #16
I cannot seem to keep Outlook open on our server. Dr. Watson comes up and says: An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. OUTLOOK.EXE Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What in the world is that and what can I do about it? Thank you! Pinkitty wrote: > I cannot seem to keep Outlook open on our server. You're using a server OS as your workstation, then? > Dr. Watson comes up > and says: > > An application error has occurred and an application error log is > being generated. > OUTLOOK.EXE > Except...

Payables Cheque
When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques), after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a file. Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be prompted for it. Thanks Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin. In the bottom section of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit Process. You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking for the destination, de-select the Scre...

DotNet error message : on which statement ?
Hello. An ASP.NET application reports the following error : .... [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] RefFlu050.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1174 .... How can I identify which statement in my source code corresponds to RefFlu050.Page_Load +1174 ? Thanks in advance, Gilbert Hello, How long is Page_load ? Some prefer to enable PDB files to get line numbers. My personal experience is that if the app is well structured to it is actually fairly easy to find out where it fails. Here you are trying to use an o...

OWA URLSCAN causing 404 errors not allowing special chars
Anyone know how to set urlscan to allow "&" and "%" in the subject line when OWA server is configured as a front-end server? Am trying to follow KB320089 and KB309508 with no luck and have restarted both IIS Admin services and WWW services on both front end server and back end server. Also tried removing instead of commenting... Anyone else had this problem and fix for? Thanks in advance, Jim ...

HQ Error
I just upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0. I was using SO v1.3 for one store with RR Fashion Bundle Add-In. We upgraded to 2.0 while we were adding a new store and the HQ program. After upgrading RMS, the following errors occur when running a worksheet 101 in HQ (I'm almost positive that it's RR add-in that is causing issues): “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [Item Class] SET HQID=0 SELECT @@ ROWCOUNT AS RecordsAffected” “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [ItemClass] with (TABLOCKX) SET [ItemClass].HQID=#updateRs To Table.[HQID] FROM [ItemClass], #UpdateRsToTabl...

error with sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats
When I run this on the following database/table (or any table in the "Caser" database for that matter): select * from sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats (DB_ID(N'Caser'), OBJECT_ID(N'dbo.tblJudges'), NULL, NULL, NULL) I get the error: Incorrect syntax near '(' But if I run it on a different table in a different database (something in Adventureworks for example or one of my own other databases) it works correctly. Owner of the above table is dbo. I ran PRINT DB_ID(N'Caser') and PRINT OBJECT_ID(N'dbo.tblJudges') and they b...

PDF Printer as default GP printer
I have my PDF printer set up as my default printer. When printing a SOP Invoice - it asks me where to create the file to....is there a way to setup a default file location for the creating of PDF's? Thanks Andrea, This issue cannot be done through GP since GP is only sending the printing job to the printer, you may need to look in the application settings that created this printer. For printers created by Adobe PDF follow steps below: 1. Right click the printer. 2. Go to Advanced Tab 3. Click on Printing Defaults. 4. Uncheck "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename" Regards, -- M...

Word 2007 converter error message
Hi, I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3. I have Microsoft Office Professional 2007 with Service Pack 2. I get an error message for Word 2007 that says: "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632" when trying to open Microsoft Office Word 97 - 2003 document on a flash drive each time. How do I fix this error? Please reply back soon. Much help is appreciated. Thanks. Sincerely, Egan Try uninstalling the MS09-073 security update (kb973904) -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my s...

Domain users cannot print on networked printer in SBS 2003 R2 netw
Hi , I have an Epson CX11NF printer networked to a server running SBS 2003 R2. The printer has been added to the server and I can print from the server. When logged onto a network client as a domain admin I can print. When logged on as a domain user on a network client I cannot print (error printing). When logged on as a domain print operator on a network client I cannot print. Domain users have the correct permissions on the server Windows Temp and Spool folders. I have the same results whether the printer properties are set for spooled printing or direct to printer printing....

Why is printer driver receiving JPG?
Hello, I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni example from the DDK. The problem is that OEMBitBlt (and other functions) are receiving jpegs as the destination source (as identified by psoDest- >fjBitmap == BMF_JPEG). In my EnablePDEV, I'm setting the DEVINFO->flGraphicsCaps2 flag to 0 (even though it should already be 0). Am I understanding the documentation wrong or should psoDst not be in jpeg format? On Jan 19, 4:51=A0pm, Agromatic <sutton1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni ex...

error
i get this message from outlook express: "Msimn has caused an error in DIRECTDB.DLL. Msimn will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." anybody with ideas as to wat to do? i have already re- installed the laptop and update the antivirus ...

error inserting gif/jpg images
i've just reinstalled Pub 2000 (really great prog i've been using since ver 1), but now it wont insert jpg or gif images in clip gallery or other. bmp images are accepted. Error message say unable to complete task. Pub has graphics converters. ive tried reloading these different ways, but haven't found the correct way yet. previous installs worked OK, cant figure out what is different about this one can anyone help? Geoff, Specifically what is the error message? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "geoff t" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Custom report sample error when upload
I was trying to recreate the sample Account Activities Report from one of the CRM training guides. It works correctly in SQL Server BI, the preview works, etc. But when I go to upload the report to CRM, I get the following unhandled error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? -Melissa Hi Are you running your MSCRM Application Pool as Netowrk Service or a domain account? Goto Reports Manager and check that either the Domain Account or NT...

MSPOS: Number of printers available
Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each register? I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

WS2003/XP/2000 Driver signing
I'm trying to sign a winxp USB driver which is for USB serial emulation using usbser.sys. If I self-sign with a local certificate, it will install without the warning and looks to be fine. When I try to install the driver signed with my Class 3 code signing VeriSign certificate, it shows that the .cat file is signed properly, but the installer says it isn't signed. I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm trying to walk through the documentation to see what I could have missed. I'm wondering if it is related to having it WHQL signed, but if that were the ca...

users should administer printers not administrators
Great Plains administration of printers (Unnecessary administration is required) Named Printers is obviously a flawed idea. The administrator of the GP program should not be involved with the user period…. The basic concept is that the administrator knows every printer in the company or multiple companies in my case, the users and where all things should print… That’s a phenomenal amount of memory required to do a simple job… As an administrator it’s best to stay out of the way of all the users needs, keep with the security issues and have as little to do with Let the user assign his ow...

KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error
Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. "Tgray" wrote: > Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install > with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. I use Windows 7, 64 bit version. Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I ...