Preserving E-mail format

I'm testing a graphic- and link-rich e-mail that I have created and want to
send to my customers in Publisher.

When I send the e-mail to myself and view it in Outlook, there is no
problem.  But when I view it through Yahoo! e-mail, the graphics are all out
of place.  I have tried saving the file as .html, I have tried putting
everything in a table, I have tried grouping the entire page.  Nothing seems
to work.

I want to be able to preserve the format and the links so that my customers
can view the e-mail and click appropriately.

Any suggestions?
0
pswillia (1)

A great many folks will not accept HTML emails. Your best solution is a PDF. There
are free PDF writers around.
http://www.primopdf.com/ is one of them. I cannot say whether this writer will
preserve links, but I know Adobe will, but then Adobe is a pricey application.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"pswillia" <pswillia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm testing a graphic- and link-rich e-mail that I have created and want to
> send to my customers in Publisher.
>
> When I send the e-mail to myself and view it in Outlook, there is no
> problem.  But when I view it through Yahoo! e-mail, the graphics are all out
> of place.  I have tried saving the file as .html, I have tried putting
> everything in a table, I have tried grouping the entire page.  Nothing seems
> to work.
>
> I want to be able to preserve the format and the links so that my customers
> can view the e-mail and click appropriately.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
gsauer (5094)

Addressing an Outlook e-mail with account e-mail address.
Hi. How can I to address an e-mail in outlook retrieving the recipient address from the account (or contact) ? (I don't want to use the send mail button in the account form, I want to use outlook ) Thanks Sebastiano. Hola Sebastiano I got the same question regarding using a MSCRM contact adress list in Sales for Outlook. It's not provided by design. Steffen "Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OMNPEooMEHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > How can I to address an e-mail in outlook retrieving the recipient ad...

5.3.5 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients
We are running a single exchange 2003 server. We do not have an SMTP connector, and we are not forwarding all mail to a smart host. I have tried the only fix that I was able to find on Microsoft's site with no success. Only one user is experiencing this problem, and it is only to one specific email address. I used smtpdiag to check the connections between the server and it gives me the following result: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxx@xx.net Error: Expected "250". Server rejected the recipient address. Failed to submit mail to xx.xx.net. Any suggestions ...

getting more than three conditional formats?
Can it be done? I'd like five different colours depending upon the value (from -5 to +5) of the cells. the menu option only gives me three. Howard Hi Howard you cannot. Conditional formating is limited to three (or to be exact to 4 if you count the default value). For more than four formats you need VBA. Search (google) this newsgroup for this topic or below one example post http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=8c70005l77bcga8 tgvvavfcuoq9884b1o9%404ax.com Frank Howard wrote: > Can it be done? > I'd like five different colours depending upon t...

Problem with outbound e-mails after installing SP2
We reached our information store limit (16gb) so we upgraded to SP2. Since then, we've been having a good percentage of e-mails bounce back. We've received the "Undeliverable" e-mails stating "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. SPAM" or that the e-mail recipient doesn't exist even though we had just replied to an e-mail he had sent us. Also, we've been getting e-mails sent back to us because the recipients have been listed on spamhus.org, and included is a link such as this one... http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=207.47.114.226 We wer...

E-mail from Publisher
We cannot e-mail from publisher. We have Outlook Express-6, but the e-mail "Inside" microsoft publisher is different and we cannot use it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e1f86e...

How do I send an E-Newsletter so it looks the same to everyone?
I am trying to send my E-Newsletter and want it to look the same to everyone; however it is not. Some people get the email and the logo comes across bigger or takes up the whole page, font looks different, etc. How do I ensure that it looks the same to everyone. I use Outlook for sending my emails and Publisher for creating the E-Newsletter. T <T@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to send my E-Newsletter and want it to look the same to > everyone; however it is not. Some people get the email and the logo > comes across bigger or t...

Two pop3 mail accounts
I have 2 pop3 account in my outlook 2003 and it�s connected to exchange 2000 mail box, I select the account that I want use for send message but always it�s sent with the same pop3 account. Thanks ...

Outlook 2002 incoming mail server
PLEASE HELP! I have posted multiple times, does anyone know how to fix this problem? I cannot logon to my incoming mail server. Outgoing, no problem. But incoming--no go. Error message says check my settings (user name, password, etc.) and they are all correct. Outlook Express works just fine. ISP says it is Outlook's fault. I am not the only person with this problem--can't anyone help us? Thanking you in advance, Tanya Hi Tanya, What is the complete error message that you are receiving? Regards, Harvey Yancey [MSFT] Exchange Client/Server Infrastructure harveyy@onli...

Prevent user from sending mail
Hi all. I'm trying to set up a mailbox (accessed by severall users) in Exchange server 2003 that can send/receive only internal mail. Receiving is easy, I simply switch the SMTP address to something unusable. What about sending? How can I stop the mailbox from sending outside mail? Any help appreciated. Cheers On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:23:03 -0700, "Joao Luis Rita" <JoaoLuisRita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. > >I'm trying to set up a mailbox (accessed by severall users) in Exchange >server 2003 that can send/receive only internal mail. Rec...

'Text' formatted cells displaying numbers in scientific format
I use Excel to view statement information downloaded from my bank in CSV format. As some fields have long numeric strings that Excel displays in scientific notation (4988243043081440 displays as 4.98842E+15), I use Copy > Paste Special > Values to copy the data to a new sheet which is correctly formatted in order to view the data correctly as text. Despite this, some cells still display the numeric string in scientific notation. Selecting the cell shows that it's already correctly formatted. Applying the change again or changing it then changing back makes no difference, ho...

Can you round numbers to display a specific set of numbers, for e.
I am working on a timesheet, and have a question. Due to a request by a user to be able to only enter time with a signle keystroke, for example, 8:00, only enter 8. Due to that, I have changed my cell formatting from time to numbers. Now, I need a formula that will round the number to a set of predetermined minutes. Example: If a user enters 8.25 for a time in, we would like a formula to change the number to 8.30. I need the formula to do this for the following entries: 0-14: 0 15-29: 15 30-44:30 45-59: 45 Any ideas, or am I very far off base? Try this =ROUNDDOWN(TIME(INT(A11)...

Mail message texts missing
For some reason all text from all of my mail messages are missing. The only way I can read my mail messages is by saving them as *.txt files. I have relatively new XP version (got a new computer few weeks ago). The mail messages were readable at first, but then I downloaded some Windows update last week and I believe this has caused the problem. How could I fix this? Sanna <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason all text from all of my mail messages are > missing. The only way I can read my mail messages is by > saving them as *.txt files. I ...

Why do I have to sign in to Network for e-mail
I use LAN for internet, and have set up three e-mail addresses with this one account and everytime I want to send or receive I have to sign in withthe network user and password for each account. Is there a setting that can change this? Barb, you wrote on Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:44:06 -0700: > I use LAN for internet, and have set up three e-mail addresses with this one > account and everytime I want to send or receive I have to sign in withthe > network user and password for each account. Is there a setting that can > change this? What version of Outlook and Windows are you...

Preserve Shape Data
I have a server shape with custom properties (shape data) defined. Now, I would like to take the server shape and make various versions of it, i.e. add an envelope to make it e-mail server shape w/o losing the shape data of the server. Any time I group the envelope and the server shape, the new shape looses the custom properties I would like to preserve. If I add the new shape w/o grouping to a stencil, grouping will automatically occur resulting again in losing the data. Would anybody know how to get around this? On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:42:05 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.micr...

Re: Delivery of multiple identical e-mails
One of my users is reporting that everytime he sends e-mails to a particular domain, it gets delivered multiple times, Eventhough on IMS it shows as host unreachable? The second issue is that one of my other users has received an e-mail from one of our vendors and the strange thing is that the allias Peter.Atkins is correct but the @... matches their domain and not our and yet the e-mail was delivered? Any thought and feedback would be much ...

How do I junk mail Protect ?
How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect Dear, Outlool 2003 have a feature of junk email protection, For Virus you need to have an Antivirus program - Norton or Mcafee etc.. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Akhter Hossain" wrote: > How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect "Akhter Hossain" <Akhter Hossain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBA5AB0-D5EA-4F6B-BAA4-291B669784A5@microsoft.com... > How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect www.spampal.org ...

Changing Hyperlinks, absolute to relative and preserving them
Hyperlinks in Publisher, batch changing old hyperlinks and converting absolute hyperlinks to relative hyperlinks. A document was written in Publisher (.html the report will be viewed through a browser) with many absolute hyperlinks. It was transferred onto the network at base from a HDD, but will ultimately be supplied on a CD where it will almost certainly be transferred to another network for use. All the old hyperlinks are related to the isolated system and know no longer work; they were supposed to be relative but created by mistake as absolute. First is there an easy wa...

how do I e-mail just the worksheet using excel 2000
I have set up a program with excel 2003. Others using the program have excel 2000 when they try to e-mail just a worksheet it only gives them the option to send the workbook. Is it possible to send just the sheet? Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "canada" <canada@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CE5F39EF-B506-4B2C-9D15-10C601C14DD4@microsoft.com... > I have set up a program with excel 2003. Others using the program have excel > 2000 when they try to e-mail just a worksheet it only gives them...

Send an HTML in the body of an e-mail NOT as an attachment
I want to send out an HTML that I have created and I want it to be in the body of the message. Everytime I try to insert it Outlook attaches the HTML instead of inserting it. I don't seem to have the Insert "text from file" option either. I have Windows XP and the corresponding Outlook program that came with it. Thanks! See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, P...

Hindi Number Format
Is ther an equivalent in Access for a for a number format available inExcel .NumberFormat = "[$-2000000]#0,000.00"so that I can have Hindi numerals in a reports.when I use Numeral shapes to context or system or National it is notgiving me the desired result.How I can apply this in a Report so that the field will be formatedusing the above way?Thanks...

Can you configure IMF to not scan mail from certain domains
Hi.... Can the EXchange 2003 server IMF be configured to not scan mail from certain domains. Thanks for any response No. You can do that with IMF Tune though: http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ Alex "Jason Blake" <JasonBlake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB5CCFCE-FB63-4FC8-B764-B8E3A129C56E@microsoft.com... > Hi.... > > Can the EXchange 2003 server IMF be configured to not scan mail from > certain > domains. > > Thanks for any response If you know the IP address of the sending SMTP server you can use the Accept setting on...

E-mail automation
Hello, I have the following macro started. It opens a new mail form and converts my excel file into a PDF ready to be sent. Is there anyway to add code that will complete the To: section and actually mail the file automatically? Sub Mail() ' ' Mail Macro ' ActiveWorkbook.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:= _ "C:\DOCUME~1\G2844JF\LOCALS~1\Temp\Copy of MASTER Production Meeting.pdf", _ Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=False, IgnorePrintAreas _ :=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False Application.Dialo...

e mail #5
just installed windows vista business and office basic with office professional... tried to open my e mail in out look but when had attachments I told the program to use work to read them it goes to word then all comes out scrambled how do i get to read these messages with attachments in english It might help if you provided informaton on what version of Outlook = you're using and exactly what kind of attachments these are. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Program...

How to setup exchange to send and receive foreign mails
Hi all, We have an exchange 2k3 server, at present it is running in LAN only i.e., we are not sending and receiving mails from foreign mail servers. But now we have decided to set our exchange server to send and receive foreign mails. So i required some help from u all *** Now what i required in addition to setup this give in detail ****. please help me Regards, shiva "foreign mails" = mail to/from internet recipients? - make sure server has inbound/outbound internet connectivity (if behind a firewall, need to configure fw with a static nat rule so internet hosts can ...

ons e-mail adres
francois we zijn er eindelijk in geslaagd om ons e-mail adres door te sturen met wat hulp van de dochter groetjes peter en magda peter-magda-neerinckx@skynet.be Well that should supply you with some free email by posting this in this newsgroup. -- Maurice Ausum "Magda en Peter NEERINCKX" wrote: > francois we zijn er eindelijk in geslaagd om ons e-mail adres door te sturen > met wat hulp van de dochter > groetjes peter en magda > peter-magda-neerinckx@skynet.be > > ...