Preparing an A3 booklet document

I'd like to prepare an A4 booklet of 8 pages (ie printing double sided on to
A3 and then folding the A3 sheets to make A4 and stapling down the spine).

I'm new to Publisher 07 and am aware this could get a little if not very
complicated!

Please can someone help me with how I need to set this up in Publisher using
2 x A3 double sided sheets!

On the first sheet I need pages 8 and 1 (left to right) on the front, 2 and
7 on the back. On the second sheet I need pages 6 and 3 on the front, 4 and 5
on the back.

Is it possible to set this up in Pub07 in this way? I'm going to be working
with a lot of text and am not sure how it will 'flow' and whether I'm going
to have to copy and paste blocks of it to the various pages or whether it can
'flow' naturally to the next (hope this is clear) ....?

Help, anyone!!

Thanks, Sarah

Setup your printer for A3 first. In page setup, booklet, A4 booklet. Publisher
will ask about four pages, click yes. Insert 4 more pages.
Lots of help here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/publisher/results.aspx?qu=booklet&sc=9&av=ZPB120

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"millieminx" <millieminx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to prepare an A4 booklet of 8 pages (ie printing double sided on to
> A3 and then folding the A3 sheets to make A4 and stapling down the spine).
>
> I'm new to Publisher 07 and am aware this could get a little if not very
> complicated!
>
> Please can someone help me with how I need to set this up in Publisher using
> 2 x A3 double sided sheets!
>
> On the first sheet I need pages 8 and 1 (left to right) on the front, 2 and
> 7 on the back. On the second sheet I need pages 6 and 3 on the front, 4 and 5
> on the back.
>
> Is it possible to set this up in Pub07 in this way? I'm going to be working
> with a lot of text and am not sure how it will 'flow' and whether I'm going
> to have to copy and paste blocks of it to the various pages or whether it can
> 'flow' naturally to the next (hope this is clear) ....?
>
> Help, anyone!!
>
> Thanks, Sarah

0
mary.sauer (2018)
3/31/2009 4:57:04 PM
Thanks for this.

The printer I will be using belongs to my neighbour, since I do not have an
A3 printer here, so I cannot sent the printer up as A3 before I start. Will
this be a problem?

The other important issue is that I'm going to have to output this 8pp
booklet file as a pdf since my neighbour does not have Publisher on his Mac
but can read pdfs!

Is this possible?

Thanks, Sarah

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Setup your printer for A3 first. In page setup, booklet, A4 booklet. Publisher
> will ask about four pages, click yes. Insert 4 more pages.
> Lots of help here
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/publisher/results.aspx?qu=booklet&sc=9&av=ZPB120
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "millieminx" <millieminx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to prepare an A4 booklet of 8 pages (ie printing double sided on to
> > A3 and then folding the A3 sheets to make A4 and stapling down the spine).
> >
> > I'm new to Publisher 07 and am aware this could get a little if not very
> > complicated!
> >
> > Please can someone help me with how I need to set this up in Publisher using
> > 2 x A3 double sided sheets!
> >
> > On the first sheet I need pages 8 and 1 (left to right) on the front, 2 and
> > 7 on the back. On the second sheet I need pages 6 and 3 on the front, 4 and 5
> > on the back.
> >
> > Is it possible to set this up in Pub07 in this way? I'm going to be working
> > with a lot of text and am not sure how it will 'flow' and whether I'm going
> > to have to copy and paste blocks of it to the various pages or whether it can
> > 'flow' naturally to the next (hope this is clear) ....?
> >
> > Help, anyone!!
> >
> > Thanks, Sarah

You can download your neighbor's printer driver from the manufacturer's web
site. You don't need the physical printer. Microsoft has a save as a PDF add in.
It is very good.

Download details 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
--

> Thanks for this.
>
> The printer I will be using belongs to my neighbour, since I do not have an
> A3 printer here, so I cannot sent the printer up as A3 before I start. Will
> this be a problem?
>
> The other important issue is that I'm going to have to output this 8pp
> booklet file as a pdf since my neighbour does not have Publisher on his Mac
> but can read pdfs!
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks, Sarah
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Setup your printer for A3 first. In page setup, booklet, A4 booklet.
>> Publisher
>> will ask about four pages, click yes. Insert 4 more pages.
>> Lots of help here
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/publisher/results.aspx?qu=booklet&sc=9&av=ZPB120
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "millieminx" <millieminx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'd like to prepare an A4 booklet of 8 pages (ie printing double sided on
>> > A3 and then folding the A3 sheets to make A4 and stapling down the spine).
>> >
>> > I'm new to Publisher 07 and am aware this could get a little if not very
>> > complicated!
>> >
>> > Please can someone help me with how I need to set this up in Publisher
>> > using
>> > 2 x A3 double sided sheets!
>> >
>> > On the first sheet I need pages 8 and 1 (left to right) on the front, 2 and
>> > 7 on the back. On the second sheet I need pages 6 and 3 on the front, 4 and
>> > 5
>> > on the back.
>> >
>> > Is it possible to set this up in Pub07 in this way? I'm going to be working
>> > with a lot of text and am not sure how it will 'flow' and whether I'm going
>> > to have to copy and paste blocks of it to the various pages or whether it
>> > can
>> > 'flow' naturally to the next (hope this is clear) ....?
>> >
>> > Help, anyone!!
>> >
>> > Thanks, Sarah

0
mary.sauer (2018)

How do I set up a centerfold print for a booklet?
I have a 50 page booket and I want the center pages to print as a centerfold. Any ideas? All but the centerfold and the pages on the reverse side of the centerfold can be done with the booklet fold option. You'll need to print the centerfold and the two other pages as a separate print job. Actually, when you determine which two pages the centerfold section will be, you can just make those two pages blank and let the backside print, then remove that sheet and print the center fold on it. Assuming that you are using a letter size sheet which is folded, you would set up the centerfol...

Landscape & portrait pages in one Publisher document
Can I have a landscape AND a portrait page in a single Publisher document? I'm creating a flyer - the front needs to be landscape, the back portrait. Editing sideways is a real pain! :-) Thanks. Grace gljudson@cox.net No, but you could create one or the other as a separate publication, select all, group, copy, paste into the the other document and rotate it as needed. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Grace L. Judson" <gljudson@svahaconcepts.com> wrote in message news:OZEHrWnmIHA.2504...

How about IRS tax preparation form that helps prepare refunds.
IRS tax preparation form will help in preparing taxes by showing federal and state refunds, as well as a section for itemizing and deductables. Gives you a break down of your taxes whether you are single, married or a student. ...

When saving a worksheet in excel message "document not saved"
When saving a worksheet that I use every day and changing data everyday today I am getting a message saying "document not saved" and it will not save the new information either through the icon or File Save as. Any suggestions what is going wrong. Can you save it as a new name in the same folder? If no, can you save it as a new name in a different folder? Bailey wrote: > > When saving a worksheet that I use every day and changing data everyday today > I am getting a message saying "document not saved" and it will not save the > new information either th...

Excel 2007
I use 11x17 ( inches ) or the A3 format alot at work. My Excel 2007 doesn't have that size available, how do I get that size of page? Isn't this a feature of what printer you're using? Make sure you're printer supports 11x17. LouP wrote: > > I use 11x17 ( inches ) or the A3 format alot at work. My Excel 2007 doesn't > have that size available, how do I get that size of page? -- Dave Peterson I just clicked the Size menu on the Page Layout tab and A3 was the 4th item listed. And it's not because I have a printer that supports that paper size availabl...

Using Office 2007 to open 2003 Word document
I just installed Office 2007. When I opened any Word 2003 document, the formatting seems to be all skewered. For example, a page breaks off in the middle, and a five page document becomes five and half. Will someone please tell how to us Word 2007 in opening a Word 2003 document without losing the formatting in the original Word 2003 document? (My previous question was not clear enough). Is the same printer set as the default printer? Does the document use any Styles that are formatted differently in Word2007 from what they were in Word2003? On Mar 9, 11:42=A0pm, Dumbbell ...

undoing he booklet page setup
I print many multi-page booklets and occasionally need to create a pdf file from the same document. My problem is that after I setup my document to print as a booklet Publisher seems to keep that format no matter what print or page layout changes I make. So whenever I convert to pdf format it creates the pdf file so it looks like a booklet. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how do you change the layout so it will pdf as a single sided one page at a time file? Thanks for any ideas you can give me!! Open your booklet, Printer setup, PDF, create a custom 5.5 x 8.5 setting in the ...

"Outlook (2003) is preparing the requested view"
Since the October updates were installed to our test systems yesterday (WSUS) we have been seeing that Outlook 2003 is experiencing slow downs when accessing PST files. We are running: Windows XP SP2, Office 2003, Dell hardware (various models). When attempting to browse through any PST files (local or network - yes, network is not supported) Outlook reports back with "Outlook is preparing the requested view" and hangs for anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes. It does eventually display folder contents but very slowly. After having viewed a specific folder it doesn'...

document name in Word 2003
I have made a template. Lets call it test.dot. When my client opens a document based on the template, the document is automatically named test1. The next document she opens is named test2. Etc. But when I open a document based on the same template - I get document1, document2, etc. What I want is the latter. My client also wants document1, etc. Can anybody help? Is the user using File>New and selecting the template as the basis for the document that she wants to create? Or is she using File>Open and selecting the template (actually opening the template, not creating a ne...

Saving Imbeded Pictures All In One Document
Hi - Is there a way to save pictures imbeded in an e-mail all in one document - like it came in the e-mail? I've seen the link to the tutorial for creating a macro that will save the pictures in an e-mail individually but that's not how I wanted to do it. I've tried saving the e-mail as a html document but the pictures don't show up. I have Outlook 2003. Thanks! ...

booklet problem
Hi, I have a 16 page document that I want to print as booklet on a Laserjet 4100 with duplex unit installed. The duplexing works fine, however the back side gets printed at an 180� angle. Consider the first paper: It should (and does) contain pages 1, 2, 15 and 16. After folding the document to be the first and last pages of the booklet, the order is : page 1 (fine) page 15 printed upside down page 2 printed upside down page 16 (fine) So the whole backside of the document should be rotated 180�.... Thanx for any help, Ward What version Publisher? What model printer? Does your p...

Smartlist Builder Documentation
It would be very helpful to have documentation on what tables are used to generate the standard smartlists. For example, I want to expand upon the sales transactions smartlist using smartlist builder. So a screenshot of the tables and how they are linked in a builder window would save some effort. Isn't there something like this available somewhere? ...

Why are my recovered documents locked?
I have Word 2007 and when my work was recovered after shutting down without saving, i opened the recovered documents but they are all locked and I can't save them or edit them, it only lets me view them. Why is this and how do i unlock them!? Assuming this applies only to your documents that were open at the time and not to new ones you create - see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm If it applies to all documents, it appears that your Office 2007 trial may have coincidentally expired. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>...

Document not saved #5
I am trying to save a spreadsheet. Everythgin seems fine excpet for the message "Document not saved" Why is it telling me this and how can I save my work? I have tried saving it to different places and I still get the same message. Hi John, SYMPTOMS When you attempt to save a workbook, you may receive the following error message: Document Not Saved CAUSE This problem may occur when the following conditions are true: The workbook was created from a template that contained an embedded object. -and- You have inserted a worksheet into your workbook from...

Preparing for print
This may be a question for another group, but I've been printing from Publicher to Acrobat Distiller to get pdfs. I notice a great loss in graphic quality. Any tips? Thanks, TM After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from TM <t_mccollough@yahoo.com>... > This may be a question for another group, but I've been printing from > Publicher to Acrobat Distiller to get pdfs. I notice a great loss in > graphic quality. Change the options in the Distiller to "Press" or "Print". -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http:...

Links on Outlook take me to My Documents
I have Windows XP and Office 2003 with Outlook. All of a sudden, when I receive emails and go to a link (if they have one), instead of the link taking me to the correct site, it takes me to my own My Documents. ALso, I cannot copy and paste it at all, the Copy is grayed out... Very frustrated.....thank you. ...

publisher preparing to install and configure problem
Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught the 'first time' preparing to install and configuring setups, this gets very waring!! I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. I am operating in an windows XP Professional environment. Have you got any virus programs installed? If you have, end the program and then try and install Publisher 2002. Do you get any error messages? If you do, what are they? -- Hi kevin (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught || the '...

How about IRS tax preparation form that helps prepare refunds. #2
IRS tax preparation form will help in preparing taxes by showing federal and state refunds, as well as a section for itemizing and deductables. Gives you a break down of your taxes whether you are single, married or a student. ...

Using old Word Document (2000,2003) with Word 2007
Hi, I have a calendar document (table) that includes a lot of formattig for the previous and next month. When I open this document in Word 2007 all the numbers are out of place. The clip art is also out of place. Is there some way I can open and use this document that will retain the original placement of the numbers and text? I would hate to think I'll have to re-create every page. Please help. The way in which Word lays out a document is dependent upon the active printer. Do you have the same printer selected in the File>Print dialog in Word 2007 as you were using...

Uneven borders in booklet fold
Hi, I would like to make a booklet layout (1/2 letter booklet), with .5" margins on the outer edges, and .3" on the inside (folded) edge. When I try to set that up, the margins revert to left/right margins, rather than inside/outside margins. My workaround solution is to make the margins .5" on both sides, then just make the text box extend a little bit over the inner margins. I'm just wondering, is there any other way around this? (ie to get it to do what it's supposed to?) (I'm using Publisher 2007 Beta, btw) Zab I get the same problem after I select...

Combining documents
I have several documents on a web server and I'd like to be able to create a table of contents and pull these files into one document and print them - Any suggestions as to how I might do this? Thanks You can try this http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm Or copy/paste. Publisher, unlike Word, does not create a TOC, you will have to create it manually. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "KMBmich" <KMBmich@discussions...

how do I unlock my word document so I can use it?
my word document is locked, how do I unlock it? If this problem only occurs with one particular document, try clicking on Tools | Unprotect Document. If this problem occurs with all new and existing documents, then it's probably "reduced functionality mode" because you have not activated the software or because you have a trial version of Word that has expired... what happens if you start Word and click on Help | Activate Product? "Mary15" wrote: > my word document is locked, how do I unlock it? ...

Printing a booklet #2
What's the trick in setting up a 4-page booklet (1 8x5 sheet) so that I can print front & back pages 1 & 4, *and then* reload the paper to print the inside pages, 2 & 3? I'm sure it can be done but I'm just not seeing it in the print options. I'm using Publisher 2003. Thanks, David There is no trick... Print, current page, click no, turn the page over, print, current page, click no. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DavidJ726" <DavidJ726@hasnoaddress.com> wrote in mess...

dialog bars and documents,
I have a dialog bar attached to the MainFrame. I created a CMyDlgBar class to house variables associated with controls on the dialog bar. However, the single CDocument instance (SDI app) will need to have access to the variables of the dialog bar. What is the correct object oriented way to handle this communication in the MFC framework. Easiest way seems to just give the dialog bar a pointer to the doc object. Any advice appreciated. You should provide some public methods on the document which can be accessed by other objects. You CDialogBar can then get to the document (GetActiv...

2002-Merge to new document?
I have Pub 2002. I would like to merge to a new document, but the only option that I have is to merge to print. Help! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f8060c8e-c429-4d1f-9bf1-50fb35c732c...