Postcards not working

I created a blank postcard with 2 sides. It says each postcard is 1/4 of a
page, but when I look at the print preview, only 2 per page show up. How do I
get 4 postcards to appear on the page? I don't want to waste paper by
printing only 2 per page? I have been trying everything I can think of and I
can't figure it out!
Help would be much appreciated!!
0
Liz1 (52)

In Publisher 2000 when you select

File
Print
at the lower left corner of the Pint window is the "Page Options" button,
select it.  Now select the "Print multiple copies per sheet"
Select the Custom Options button
Adjust the Margins and Gaps to your liking.

OK your way out.

Be sure to save the file for the next time, all the settings will be set.

--
Don - Publisher 2000
Vancouver, USA

"Marissa Liz" <Marissa Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a blank postcard with 2 sides. It says each postcard is 1/4 of a
> page, but when I look at the print preview, only 2 per page show up. How
> do I
> get 4 postcards to appear on the page? I don't want to waste paper by
> printing only 2 per page? I have been trying everything I can think of and
> can't figure it out!
> Help would be much appreciated!!

0
Engineer5094 (821)
9/8/2008 6:10:22 AM
Marissa, Use one of the Avery US Letter templates for postcards. Insert a page.
The templates work.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Marissa Liz" <Marissa Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a blank postcard with 2 sides. It says each postcard is 1/4 of a
> page, but when I look at the print preview, only 2 per page show up. How do I
> get 4 postcards to appear on the page? I don't want to waste paper by
> printing only 2 per page? I have been trying everything I can think of and I
> can't figure it out!
> Help would be much appreciated!!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

GetCheck not working for CListView
I am trying to read the checkboxes in a listview neither GetListCtrl().UpdateData(); return ListView_GetCheckState (GetListCtrl().m_hWnd, nItem); or return GetListCtrl().GetCheck(nItem); work at all. Any ideas? How are you setting the check state? Are you attempting to do this in a virtual list control? Tom "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D6B3A14-3C6A-4520-AAC6-97280B6BAEC9@microsoft.com... >I am trying to read the checkboxes in a listview > > neither > > GetListCtrl().UpdateData(); > return ListView_G...

Vista Screen Saver not working
Using Vista Premium. I have clicked on Preferences, gone to the Screen Saver menu, selected the folder, etc. I click on preview, and the screen saver works. But, after 15 minutes (which is what I have set it for), the Screen Saver does not come on - ever! Sorry Venusian, this is Mars. "venusian" wrote: > Using Vista Premium. I have clicked on Preferences, gone to the Screen Saver > menu, selected the folder, etc. I click on preview, and the screen saver > works. But, after 15 minutes (which is what I have set it for), the Screen > Saver does not come on - e...

CRM not working after backup
EVERYTIME I DO A BACKUP I HAVE TO RESTART MY SERVER IF I WANT CRM TO WORK As per the CRM Implementation Guide page 259. Services need to be stopped while performing a backup and then resarted. The only suspect item is that the MSCRMSecurityService DOES NOT restart automatically. Even if I restart this service manually, CRM still doesn't work Other things I've tried - Restarting CRM/SQL services in various orders. Restarting IIS Nothing works other than RESTARTING THE SERVER. Please help Thanks in advance... ...

OWA not working #2
We are migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. We used the exdeploy tool to guide us through the migration..joined the exchange 2003 server to an existing 5.5 site, moved the mailboxes over to the exchange 2003 server using system manager and then logged in with each users account so outlook would detect the new server. The only thing that is not working is the OWA. On each computer the web address defaults back to the old mail server login page. What needs to be done? In article <0f4a01c4abda$47a607a0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Help understanding the functionality of the 'My Work' queue
Morning all, I am after an explanation of how the 'My Work' queue should behave. I have read through the Implementation Guide and looked at various sources on the internet but can only find information on setting up a new queue. We are using MS CRM 3.0 and have been passed a request to get users to check/use the My Work queue. The problem is we have had no real training on this side of CRM and dont really know if its functioning correctly in the first place. What are the critirea that an Email activity has to meet to end up in the users My work queue? Should it only e...

my cursur does not work in my word document?
I can not get mt sursur to work in my document. I can not copy or paste selct objects or move around my document using my mouse. It woks every where else Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791 The problem is a corrupted Data key in the registry--the solution is to delete it. Try either the "Fix it for me" or the "Let me fix it myself" link, depending on your comfort level with automation and/or registry editing. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com &q...

1/4 Postcards
I have used Publisher forever and generally have found it very easy, but I can't seem to be able to create a 1/4 postcard that actually prints as a 1/4 postcard, unless I create it sideways (landscape). Although I choose 1/4 postcard, it shows up as two up on the print preview. Help. Publisher 2007? Use one of the Avery US Letter templates in page setup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Toni MacInnes" <Toni MacInnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E746232-BF88-48F4-8620-362F2B74BD57@microsoft.com... >I have used Publisher forever and ge...

sum formula not working excel 03
The formula: =sum(h10,h14,h20,h40) The result should be: =sum(4,5,4,4,4,) =21 I however get 20 as a result. Tools/Options is set to automatic and the "h" cells are formatted as numbers (1234). The cells are dependent on other formulas (=sum(h11:h12)/2) etc. The cells in between is formatted to numbers (1234.10) Any suggestions anyone Check out whether h10,h14,h20 and h40 contain real integers..or are rounded off. Increase the decimal points of these cells and check .. -- Jacob "wynand" wrote: > The formula: > =sum(h10,h14,h20,h40) >...

Ping Not Working
I am trying to gather up all the NT machines in our AD, and see which ones are ping-able. However, the following isn't working. None of them are ping-able. Can someone tell me where my error is? $machines = get-qadcomputer -sizelimit 50 -ldap '(operatingSystem=*Windows NT*)' | select name foreach ($server in $machines) { $pingresult = Get-WmiObject win32_pingstatus -f "address='$server'" if($pingresult.statuscode -eq 0) {$true} else {$false} } You need to specify the name property on the $server object in the filter statement. ...

ShowDependents Method works inconsistently?
Goal: To show all dependents of a range of cells. Problem: The code (see below) works sporatically and is therefore useless. For some groups of cells it will work perfectly, showing all dependents. In other cases, it will show only the dependents of the initially active cell. Will someone smarter than me please tell me what the heck is going on?!? (If it matters, I am using Excel 2002.) Sub Showem_all() ' Show all dependencies for selected region of cells. x = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Columns.Count y = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count For i = 1 To x For j = 1 To...

Postcard
Is it possible to only print ONE SIDE on a post card? I only want to print the name & address side (side 2). I have made side 1 "blank", but when I print, the printer still expects to print something on side 1, so I get a blank piece of paper each time. I figured it out....... EDIT > DELETE PAGE >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to only print ONE SIDE on a post card? I >only want to print the name & address side (side 2). I >have made side 1 "blank", but when I print, the printer >still expects to print something on side 1...

Most hours worked
Hi I have a workbook containing colleagues' daily hours worked on separat sheets. I have then created a worksheet totalling how many hours pe week each person has worked. How do I list the names in order of wh has worked the most hours? I have the names in a row and the hours i the columns. I think I need some kind of auto sort that will displa the names. thanks Stev -- spankydat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spankydata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

send and reeive schedule stopped working
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My send and receive schedule has stopped working in the last few weeks. I have tried resetting it, shutting down and restarting, everything. Can someone please help me with this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------932598197077752707 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On 2010-03-02 23:30:44 -0800, Lori_B@officeformac.com said: > My send and receive schedule has stopped working in the last few > w...

How do I make different size columns on the same work space?
I'm trying to make a chart that has three upper columns and below them is another set of columns. The lower columns are 4 wide. I have not used Excel in quite some time now and don't remember how to seperate the two so that I can divide the sheet when needed to accomplish different charts on the same page as well as combining the columns on one sheet. Can anyone help? Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnHorizLine.html or this: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=508 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical...

Adventure Cycle Works tutorial rookie
I recently installed CRM and the sample database "Adventure Works Cycle" and am trying to go through the tutorial. I am trying to do the following step: Beginning the Tutorial To proceed with the lessons, you must first open Microsoft CRM with access to data from the sample database. 1.. Open Internet Explorer. 2.. In the Address box, enter the URL you have been provided. Microsoft CRM opens, displaying Gail's Home page. The question is: what is the URL? I have only been to http://localhost which takes me to my CRM homepage but I can't find any documentation on wha...

Back of Postcard
How do I get to the back of postcard in Publisher 2007? I want to add more information on a "Just Listed" postcard but I'm at a frustration level trying to find out how! Insert, page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ggar1012" <ggar1012@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E86BDFCC-E5A1-43AC-9B83-77DE39C61AB1@microsoft.com... > How do I get to the back of postcard in Publisher 2007? I want to add more > information on a "Just Listed" postcard but I'm at a frustration level trying > to find out how! ...

Working with dates in Excel #2
I have two columns with date (an effective and expiration date), for a pivot table I need to combine these two into one statement "5/1/2003 to 5/1/2004" I created a formula, example (=A1 & " to " & b1), the result is "37742 to 38108 How do I get the # to show as a date I know that if you add an ' in front of a date it shows as text. I have several thousand records and would need to add it to each field. A way to add the ' to all the records would also be an acceptable way for me to go. I just don't want to have to input the ' in each fiel...

Why does this XPath not work
This XPath works fine: /order/customer[(./address/@zip = 80302) and (starts-with(./name,'J'))] But this XPath : /order/customer[(./address/@zip = 80302) and (ends-with(./name,'J'))] ends-with() is standard XPath but I get the error: Namespace manager or XsltContext needed. ??? - thanks - dave david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com me -- http://dave.thielen.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm Same issue with matches() On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:45:04 -0600, David Thielen <thielen@nospam.nospam> wro...

Negative date problems, and working with a leading 0 in cell #2
Found out my problem to whom it may concern, I was entering in my date in the format of mmddyyyy, so naturally excel interpreted these number as dates I hadn't intended. As an ammendment to my previous question, could anyone explain how t enter dates in the mmddyyyy format and tell excel that cells in som selection are of this format, and to interpret them as dates -- Kalabalan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kalabalana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1143 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Postcards #4
Where do I go to pull up a format for designing 4 standard postcards to a sheet of standard sized paper? >-----Original Message----- >Where do I go to pull up a format for designing 4 standard postcards to a >sheet of standard sized paper? >. > Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx I use white unlined 4"x6" index cards. Just got 500 cards for $3.97 at Staples. -- Don Vancouver, USA "stephanie" <stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C75E4193-C0C9-4497-A767-33726C647203@microsoft.com... > Whe...

OnLoad Event Not working
Hi all, I am currently trying to create an OnLoad event which disables a number of fields when a selected field (tick box) is ticked/true/yes. Eg; If Field1 has previously been ticked on record, then disable these fields. I am currently using the below script but this seems to either not work or cause other events not to fire ... probably a simple error but I'm missing something ... Below is the script so far ... if (crmForm.Field1name.DataValue = true) { crmForm.all.FirstName.Disabled = true; crmForm.all.LastName.Disabled = true; crmForm.all.Address.Disabled = true; crmForm.all.Job...

outlook won't work after SP2
Outlook 2000 will load and then give a varied terminal error message. This occured after loading the service package 2. I tried going back to a previous system date but outlook still won't run. Any solutions/suggestions other than reloading outlook? ...

Printing Postcards
I'm printing 4 cards to a page both sides with merge mail from a excel file. excel data is printed on both sides of each card. A queued job is creatd for every 8 cards ( 2 pages of 4 cards each) when the first back page of the postcard prints the second prints, after that I'm asked to flip the paper over and the fronts of both pages print. This is fine but it takes a long time and I have to sit there and flip the pages. Is there any way to have it print more than two pages at a time. 20 pages of the fronts and then 20 pages of the back. I'm am using a Canon I 850 printer....

Online career. Find work online
Visit this site and finding links 'all about build our online career (http://career-online.the-search.org). Find our career online here http://career-online.the-search.org -- oncars1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oncars12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3767 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57277 ...

Find not working...
Running Outlook 2003 & find isn't working. I can have an email with the word 'kettle' in the message, but if I tell it to look for kettle in the inbox, & tell it to search all text & each message, I'm getting nothing. Any ideas why? Does Advanced Find work? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Mike asked: | Running Outlook 2003 & find isn't working. | I can have an ...