Post card printing

My mail list is in publisher.  I do mail merge, print.
When the post card is printed about 10% of the cards are
printed with either a space in the zip code or the zip
code numbers are very close together.  Usual only two of
the numbers.  On about 1% to 2% of the printed postcards
the name or address has an extra space or
letters "schrunched" together.  This only happens when I
print postcards.  All other Publisher printing works fine.

I have had someone check drive c and it is clear.  I have
scanned for viruses and I am clean.  All antivirus
updates are installed.  All Windows critical updates are
installed.  All office updates are installed.  We also
uninstalled the printer driver and reinstalled it.  We
also installed a new updated printer driver for the
printer.  I use a dell 4100 with windows xp (2002) and a
new HP 2100 all in one printer.  I am a novice. Can
anyone help?  Thanks.

0
toms1 (1)

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

Print Quote Button
We would like our sales people to be able to click the Print button on the Quote screen and have a quotation printed in our quotation format with logo et al. Does anyone know where to go to override the output of the quote button? Is the report developed in Crystal? Has anyone successfully tried to do this? I am also being request to do it for the Sales Order and Invoice forms once I figure out how to do a quote. Regards, GeorgeV You will need to look into the SDK for this. No, it is not using Crystal. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: ...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Margins on printing postcards
I am desperately trying to print 4 postcards to an 8.5x11 paper that has the postcard perforations, but I am ending up with more of a margin on the right hand side and the bottom of the paper than I have on the top and left. I have tried converting from landscape to portrait, but then it only lets me print 2 cards on a page and lines them up in the middle. I am using publisher 98. Can anyone help before I pull my hair out? This is for an upcoming event so I am in a rush. Thanks very much. You have to consider your printer limitation when you layout your postcards. Assume your largest margin...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

How do I print excel document duplex (double sided)?
My printers is programmed for duplex/double sided, yet no matter what excel I send, it will not print double. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks Try: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214383 "Kangaroo" wrote: > My printers is programmed for duplex/double sided, yet no matter what excel I > send, it will not print double. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

printing notes #2
Is there a way of printing a selected range of notes in Outlook? Bryce. You could create a custom view that shows only the notes you want to print, and then print from that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23Xc2u0C%23EHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Bryce wrote: > Is there a way of printing a selected range of notes in Outlook? > > Bryce. ...

one account with 2 credit cards
hello, i tried to build an account (bank account) with 2 credit cards. the result that i got after a long trial, was 3 accounts (i.e. bank, visa, diners). and not bank account with 2 credit cards as part of it. what is the right way to do it? how can i relate the credit cards to the bank account? please advice The answer depends on what the real relationship is between the bank accounts and the credit cards. If it's two debit cards for the same checking account, it's really one account, not a bank account and two credit cards. If it's really a bank account and two credit car...

PCI DSS Credit Card Compliance
I have received notice that I need to purchase services to be PCI DSS Compliant for credit cards. How does every one do this? Is this just another money grab? I would like to hear info on this. Thanks Suntrust (reselling UMS/First data) had applied an annual PCI compliance fee to my bill. When I called to ask about it they filled me in on their PCI compliance certification requirement. The compliance certification is now REQUIRED for them, which I suppose is a Master/Visa requirement. The fee covered testing by an online service. I had to fill out a questionnaire and then submit to a p...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

can't print outlook 2000 message
I have outlook 2000 When I print a message I get the error: an error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway click ignore an save your work in a new file... and then the outlook is closed. what can I do print a message from outlook? I've seen this problem when printing an HTML message and trying to print to a different printer than the default printer. As long as I print to the default it works. Plain Text and RTF emails, I can print to any printer. Other option, Uninstall printer and reinstall it. "amc2" <amc2@013.net.il> wrote in message news:8b4b01...

Publisher won't print graytones
I just switched to Publisher 2003 and I've lost the ability to print gray tones - like when I want to change type from black to a lighter shade of gray. It's not the printer - I can print gray letters or object fine in Word. It's just in Publisher. Something needs to be set in Publisher to tell the printer to go lighter and I don't know where that setting would be. Any idea? Thanks. Do you have the Office service packs? Not sure if this post service hotfix applies. Description of the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: January 18, 2006 http://support.microsof...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Scale Chart to Print on Multiple Pages
I want to have Excel print my chart over 4 (2 by 2) pages instead of 1 - With a data set this is easy - just increase the font - With charts, it seems to want to scale to 100% only Steve Steve - Put the chart into a worksheet, stretch it to cover a range that prints onto four pages, then print the range. Make sure the chart isn't selected when you print, because then it will revert to printing just the chart, fitted to one page. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Steve Babcock wrot...

Print address book from selected contacts
I am wanting to select a number of contacts from my Contacts folder using the Advanced Find and then print them out in an address book. The problem I am encountering is that if I do this then the only printouts I am able to select are Table Style and Memo Style. Any ideas greatly appreciated. David Anson Use a mail merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "David Anson" <info@adv.co.uk> wrote in message news:vt8jif1jpoocef@corp.supernews.com... > I am wanting to select a number of contacts from my Contacts folder using > the Advanced Find and then print them out in an...

Credit Cards 'Technical Error'
RMS V 1.3 - Since we have made our switch to RMS V 1.3, we have been receiving 'Technical Errors' on transactions. The Technical Error received on 1 transaction will cause a blockade in processing the remaining transactions while additionally assigning the 'Valid' transactions with a Technical Error. When the issue was brought to Microsoft, they kicked us some scripts to address the error after the fact. New West developed their new Card Vault program because of our situation. Microsoft does not know what causes the error, their suggestion was to look to New West for an ...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

how do I print two pages of a four-page booklet?
Printing several copies of a 4-page booklet, a printer error (jammed paper etc.) often disrupts the second side print run (pp. 2-3). I cancel the job, but that leaves me with many pages correctly printed on side one (pp. 1,4) that I would like to finish instead of throwing away. But when I select "pp. 2-3" in the "print what pages" section and load the paper correctly (I'm doing this manually), it prints page 2 where page 3 ought to be. I cannot get it to correctly format p. 2 on 2 and p. 3 on 3. My earlier Publisher version, in the same circumstances, would ask ...