PLEASE UPDATE PHOTODRAW!!!!!!!!

This program is so cool - why did it not get an update in 2003? Please don't
tell me it's been shelved. It's a great and cheap alternative to Photoshop.
PLEASE UPDATE IT!!!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7770356-57d4-4c70-98e0-d8257d1213bf&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
Mathmos76 (1)

It will never happen.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mathmos76" <Mathmos76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This program is so cool - why did it not get an update in 2003? Please don't
> tell me it's been shelved. It's a great and cheap alternative to Photoshop.
> PLEASE UPDATE IT!!!!!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7770356-57d4-4c70-98e0-d8257d1213bf&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
gsauer (5094)
1/25/2006 10:44:38 AM
Mathmos76 <Mathmos76@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> This program is so cool - why did it not get an update in 2003?
> Please don't tell me it's been shelved. It's a great and cheap
> alternative to Photoshop. PLEASE UPDATE IT!!!!!

PhotoDraw was shelved as of Office XP.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?MSPDV3BR is a petition to
bring it back.

There is a new vector/raster image tool on the horizon.  Microsoft acquired
Creature House, makers of the Expression product, and released the beta of
version 3 under the "Microsoft Expression" brand (as a free beta download).

This has now been rebranded to be "Acrylic", a codename for the graphics
designer component of Microsoft's new Expression suite of products, which
will also include a web designer (the next version of FrontPage - the
FrontPage brand is being shelved, too)

Download the preview release here:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/graphic_designer/gd_free_trial.aspx

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/25/2006 1:07:28 PM
Acrylic/EGD is very cool, but I have a feeling it's gonna be too complex for
the average/occasional user..and still leave an unfilled photo editing "gap"
in the product line. And so far it's pixel editing is nowhere near what you
can do in PS.

Are you sure about EWD replacing FP? It seems logical but...

R.

| Mathmos76 <Mathmos76@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
| to utter:
| > This program is so cool - why did it not get an update in 2003?
| > Please don't tell me it's been shelved. It's a great and cheap
| > alternative to Photoshop. PLEASE UPDATE IT!!!!!
|
| PhotoDraw was shelved as of Office XP.
|
| http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?MSPDV3BR is a petition
| bring it back.
|
| There is a new vector/raster image tool on the horizon.  Microsoft
acquired
| Creature House, makers of the Expression product, and released the beta of
| version 3 under the "Microsoft Expression" brand (as a free beta
download).

| This has now been rebranded to be "Acrylic", a codename for the graphics
| designer component of Microsoft's new Expression suite of products, which
| will also include a web designer (the next version of FrontPage - the
| FrontPage brand is being shelved, too)
|
| Download the preview release here:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/graphic_designer/gd_free_trial.aspx

| --
| Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
webmaster911 (1600)
1/25/2006 3:25:01 PM
Rob Giordano (Crash) <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> was very
recently heard to utter:
> And so far it's pixel
> editing is nowhere near what you can do in PS.

Neither was PhotoDraw's, AFAICR

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Earnings History getting updated during pay code maint.
Hi... We are on Great Plains 7.5 on SQL. We use GP purely for Payroll purpose, and we never installed or used the HR module available with it. We have a customized software named TCB which keeps track of employee information including pay code change. TCB has a database of its own. TCB for a small portion, talks to Great Plains database in a sense, if a pay code change is done in TCB it will reflect the changes in Great Plains database as well. Lately, we installed and started using the HR module of Great Plains, but we also use TCB as it is much more customized for our company. The i...

Help with Regexp, please
Hi, The regular expression (\d{15,16}) matches a substring in a cell. I want to extract the remaining part of the cell ie. from the character after the matched substring till the end of the string in the cell using a regular expression. Is it possible to do this? Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj Raj, with abcd15,16xyz in a cell the code below abstracts abcxyz. Maybe you can use this as a basis to develop your code Function GetSubstring(S As String) As String Dim re As Object Set re = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") re.Pattern = &quo...

Using Blackberry to update CRM
I'm almost positive that this will work, but I'd like someone out there to confirm it. If a user has a Blackberry that connects to Exchange using BlackBerry's server integration software, and that user edits a record that syncs to Exchange, will that change be reflected in CRM 3, assuming that the record is tagged for tracking in CRM? I can't see why it wouldn't work, but I want to make sure. Thanks for any feedback! -Eric. Sorry this will not work. YOu might want to check out tendigits.com for a full blackberry integration to CRM ==============================...

Updating Internet Information #3
I have Microsoft Money 99 which I use mainly to do my yearly taxes. Until this year, I have been able to update the tax worksheet by downloading (clicking on "Update Internet Information"). When I click this now, I get a dialog box: Money 99 Online Connection Summary, indicating "Product Information. Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC)" I have tried this several times and received the same message in the last month. Can ...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP
I Have an emergency... I deleted a macro !!! I have 60 rows with checkboxes on cells A1 trough A60 that automatically as checked were inserting current dates on the cell next to it. for some reason a disaster happened and the macro was deleted or messed up. I tried searching for help in these groups, but none so far. I found one, but it is not a macro besides when I use that function all the other previous dates keep changing when other checkboxes are checked on in different days of the week. If you can please guide me to the right answer I will appreciated. Hope I made sense with my explana...

Sum Function Help Please
I have created two Option Groups, setting up values against the radio buttons. The output from both boxes works fine (thanks to the Wizard), however when I'm creating a formula on the report, I'm unable to add the two returned values together. If I type in =([Q1]+[Q2]) then I get both numbers concatenated together (ie returned value from Q1 is 1 and returned value from Q2 is 2, the answer I get is 12 !!!!.) Interestingly if I enter =([Q1]-[Q2]) then I get the correct answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated here. I could be wrong, but it seems like access i...

Will online updates expire sometime with my Money 2005?
I've seen this mentioned in other threads but I am not sure how it applies to my situation. I'm running Money 2005 and do on line updates of just one credit card account directly from the web site while running Money (no microsoft passport used, no Yodlee). Will Money stop downloading this at some date in the future? TIA Jim Read the EULA - that will tell you about "cessation of on-line services" (or similar words). If all the rumours are right ALL downloads will be stopped. You will only be allowed to type in data. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For U...

2nd request for help -PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contact info is detrumental to me as well as my Calendar ...

Update broke my Outlook 2007
After installing the security updates today, my Outlook no longer worked. It prompted to run Outlook and make it the default mail client. -- Sam Do you get any error message? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Sam Steinhauser" <SamSteinhauser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74A9698F-2050-46A7-B967-481123359A84@microsoft.com: > After installing the security updates today, my Outlook no longer worked. It > prompted to run Outlook and make it the default mail client. > -- > Sam "Sam Steinhauser" <SamSteinhauser@dis...

how to update a field record based on inputbox?
Hello access friends, Thanks for helping. First of all, let me tell you that i have a form named "Processos" based on a table named "Processos Rdinis", and this table has a primary Key named "IDdeProcesso", a fiel named "Fechado" and another field named "IDdeCandidatura". My question is how do i get an input box to update the record on the field named "fechado" when i'm in the form named "Processos". I need the input box to tell me the current state of the field, and to update it if necessary. The first part i...

Can't SEND SSL email out!! Please Help... it HURTZ!
OKay... being a bit silly about he hurting part. I have a strange email issue with some of my computers at home that I use for work. We have 4 computers. 2 of them work FINE, the other 2 have issues. I know the email accounts are working correctly because if I run them on the 2 *good* computers they work like they should. Configurations: (GOOD Notebooks) 1 - HP AMD-XP notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 2 - Sony P4 Notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 (Bad systems) 3 - Dell P3 notebook with WinXP-Pro SP1, Office 2002 4 - Compaq AMD-XP with WinXP-Home SP2, Office 2000 ALl ma...

Online quote Update
I have Money 2003 and although the reminder says that "certain" functions will expire on Jan 30, I am having trouble downloading online quotes since Jan 3 (!!). In the interim, I upgraded it to trial version of Money2004 and even then I am unable to update the quotes. Does anyone else has the same problem? "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<033401c3d79c$895d50d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > I have Money 2003 and although the reminder says > that "certain" functions will expire on Jan 30, I am > having trouble...

In Word How do I switch off auto date insertion please
How can I disable? ...

I need help with SQL please
I have a form with a group box on it. The code for it is: 20 Select Case grpPlan.Value Case 1 30 strMon = "WorkRec" 40 Case 2 50 strMon = "IntRec" 60 Case 3 70 strMon = "FinalRec" 80 End Select After I select the one I want then the SQL is build based on the selection and a report is generated. strWhere = "EmpSuper.WorkRec=""" & strMon & _ """ or EmpSuper.IntRec=""" & strMon & _ &quo...

Date for latest Update
Hi I want a cell show today() Date when somebody has change something in the document...Also the date will only change when I saving the document.... How I do that ?? //Sokoban ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="LastSaved", _ RefersToR1C1:="=""" & _ Format(Now, "mmm-dd-yyyy hh:mm") & "&qu...

Please Please Please help
Hi I have a Worksheet with option buttons and I need the users to be able to click on the options but not be able to drag or move them. I don't want the users to be able to click into or type anything in any of the cells - only these options buttons???? How is it done. I have tried unlocking all cells and then locking the individual ones, but the user can still drag the option button around and they could do this by mistake thus upsetting the design of my sheet! I have tried protecting the sheet for Objects - but then I can't click on the option at all ....Please someone help...

Bulk update send restrictions
Hi all, I'm trying to bulk update users 'Maximum Recipients' for all mailboxes in a certain database, I've cobbled together some powershell commands but they don't appear to work... which isn't suprising as I haven't got my head around powershell yet! Can anyone point me in the right direction? My current command is: Get-user -ResultSize Unlimited | where-object {$_.database -eq "BES-X07-SVR\Student Database"} | set-mailbox -RecipientLimits 5 It doesn't give errors, but just doesn't appear to do anything! I also need to do something similar...

conditional formatting help please 07-19-07
Hello, I am having trouble using the conditional formatting. I want the background of the "End Date" to turn red when the "Start Date" is entered and then for the red background to go away after an "End Date" is entered. I used the expression ("Start Time" Is Not Null) and that made my background red but I can't seem to figure out how to get the red background go away. I tried a couple of diffrent expression like setting another condition ("End Time" Is Not Null) but it didn't work. Can some please help me find the right express...

modify macro
Hi everyone I'm VBA dumb so please bear with me. I have a macro that inserts a row at the selection and then I want it to copy the cell below the selection and paste into the new row's cell. Here's what's in the macro now Selection.EntireRow.Inser Range("D23").Selec Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D22:D23"), Type:=xlFillCop Range("D22:D23").Selec When I run the macro, a row is inserted above the cursor's location (no matter where it's placed) but the AutoFill is always to D23. My question is how do I get the cod...

Updating Embedded Objects?
Hi there, I have been consistently getting a pop up when I open one of my documents. Update Embedded Objects? The properties of this publications printer have changed. Publisher will repaginate text to reflect the new settings. Embedded objects also need to be updated which may take a few minutes. Click yes to update embedded objects now. Click no to keep the current images of embedded objects. We have 3 network printers printing out parts of this document, is that what is causing this? And is there any way to stop this from popping up? Thanks adam.pridham@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there,...

Disabling the update free/busy times in ms outlook
I have MS XP and want to stop getting the message that MS Outlook failed to update free/busy time data. "Jiles1" <Jiles1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A6333DE-146A-4A7F-8D6A-08CE49CA69E1@microsoft.com... >I have MS XP and want to stop getting the message that MS Outlook failed to > update free/busy time data. Turn off the free/busy update. Click Tools>Options>Calendar Options>Free/Busy Options and put zero in the "Publish..." feature. Make sure there's nothing in the "Internet location" portion of the...

HELP
Previously using outlook with network as workgroup. Went to main office and joined domain.. got new persona. How do I import my mail from the other persona? I exported to a .pst and logged into the domain, I tried to import but it says I do not have permission to import. Any ideas? Make sure the PST file is located on a drive where you have read/write/modify/exclusive access rights. "Mike Gregg" <mgregg@emamarketing.com> wrote in message news:efmVNaWGHHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Previously using outlook with network as workgroup. > > Went to main off...

Simple formula
Hi, I'm a new to Excel so please excuse my ignorance in advance. I have data in Column C that I need to multiply with Column D. I know (for example) I can get a result by placing the formula: =sum(C3*D3) in cell E3. But, I have very long columns of data and I don't want to type in =sum(C4*D4)in cell E4, =sum(C5*D5) in cell E5 etc. My question is; can I use a wildcard for the column number and then just paste this formula in each E cell? Thanks On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:02:51 +0100, PigPOg <simon@capella.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, I'm a new to Excel so please excuse my ignoranc...

OWA problem, Please help is really urgent.
The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the information you want. c.. Click the back button to try another link. HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Information Services ---------------------------...

Help: Win2k3 SP1 Continually Breaks Exchange 2003 (This is crazy and long, but please please read)
I am in desperate need of help. I have been through 2 different support calls with Microsoft, and their fixes keep on breaking. Someone here must have some kind of experience with this. Here is the scenario (simplified the best I can): Domain A (root.company.com) Domain B (child.company.com) There is a 2-way trust between these domains. Exchange was installed in Domain B. In DomainA, I created a user account named "SuperAdministrator". SuperAdministrator is a member of ROOT\Adminisrators, ROOT\Domain Admins, ROOT\Enterprise Admins, ROOT\Schema Admins, and all the Exchange group...