Place a mp3 file or in a Publisher document that is a e-newsletter

I publish a quarterly e-newsletter for fire safety professionals. I would
like to distribute via the newsletter MPEG video and mp3 audio files. These
are copyright cleared radio PSAs and Video PSAs that can be in turn posted to
other web sites.

How do I embed those files with the familiar Media Player icon into a
Publisher document (the e-newsletter) directing readers to simply download
them for redistribution locally.
This effort would give wide distribution to fire safety information in
digitial form.
0
Fireguy (2)

If you don't want the mpeg to play then zip it, upload the file to your
website (or somewhere that you can store it on the web) create your html
email with links to that file, then open the html file with notepad and
change the links to absolute links
(http://www.yourstorageweb.com/mpegname.zip), then send it out. Keep in mind
some people cant receive html email, and some email clients will block the
link in the email as well.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Fireguy" <Fireguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I publish a quarterly e-newsletter for fire safety professionals. I would
> like to distribute via the newsletter MPEG video and mp3 audio files.
> These
> are copyright cleared radio PSAs and Video PSAs that can be in turn posted
> other web sites.
>
> How do I embed those files with the familiar Media Player icon into a
> Publisher document (the e-newsletter) directing readers to simply download
> them for redistribution locally.
> This effort would give wide distribution to fire safety information in
> digitial form.

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Placing bubbles
I would like to place bubbles on the 2D places (x,y) with different radius. The coordinates are the (column, row) an´d the rtadius the value in the cell (column, row). For example the value 0.25 in the cell (2,5) means, that a bubble with radius 0.25 placed on the 2D coordinate system at the location x=2, y=5. How to do it ? The bubble chart places the bubbles on the location (column, radius). Thanks in advance, Laszlo I'm probably not understanding but I'll take a shot . . . assuming the bubble chart is similar to an XY Scatter chart, wouldn't you set your data up li...

Hidden files are hidden
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01CA74E8.9FAC62F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a computer that I installed a second hard drive on that was in = another of my computers. I have XP pro sp3 I run Internet Explorer 6 (I tried 7 and 8 but had = problems with them so reverted back to 6) My main hard disk is C and my second hard disk is D When I installed the 2nd hard disk everything is wonderful, except then = I tried to remove all the Operating stuff which was al...

Shortcuts placed on desktop
Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? -- JollyRoger In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my >desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorshipsAndShoppingLinks. Thanks for the help. -- JollyRoger "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: > > >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on ...

Crash Dump files not saving
Hi, Our server is blue screening on a regular basis and we think we know the cause but would like to use the crash dump files to confirm this. The problem is that they are not being saved to disk! I've checked this article and everything seems fine - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/130536 Does anyone know of any otehr reasons why these may not be being saved? Thanks. Sorry forgot to mention that the server is running Windows Web Server 2008 x64 "Jane Rocksford" <j.rocksford.1971@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtReK6htKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

Corrupt File
I switched from Comcast to Millenium Cable this week and the installer created a new e-mail account. I noticed later that I had two new e-mail accounts with the same name as well as my old 2 e-mail accounts. I noticed that when I changed something in one of them the change appeared in both. This was the first indication of corruption. I then deleted all four accounts and re- created the new one as well as the two old ones. First I noticed that I could not change the default e-mail account. Then I noticed that not all accounts were participating in the send and receive. I tried to edit...

Select multiple files error.
I want to select multi files using CFileDialog: CFileDialog FileDlg (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT ); TCHAR strBuffer[4096]; FileDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = strBuffer; FileDlg.m_ofn.nMaxFile =sizeof(strBuffer); if (FileDlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { CString csFname; CStringArray m_strArray; m_strArray.SetSize(0); POSITION pos = FileDlg.GetStartPosition(); while (pos != NULL) { csFname = FileDlg.GetNextPathName(pos); TRACE("%s\n", csFname); m_strArray.Add(csFname); m_CListBox_ListBox.AddString(csFname.GetBuffer()); } } The error is that FileDlg.DoModal()...

Place Templates
Well,. I. ...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...

Photo out of focus when inserted in Publisher 07
A perfectly in-focus photo becomes out of focus when inserted in Microsoft Publisher 07. View, Pictures, make certain Detailed Display is checked. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "The Documentalist" <The Documentalist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36D7F251-79CC-4842-AEE3-C879E81DF5B0@microsoft.com... >A perfectly in-focus photo becomes out of focus when inserted in Microsoft > Publisher 07. a perfectly in focus pic becomes out of focus in MS Publisher Posted as a reply to: Photo out of focus when inserted in Publisher 07 A perfectl...

Blocking a specific e-mail address
I am using ex2003 in 2000 domain. What is the best way of blocking an specific email address from being delivered. Also, is the server does block an address, is it using the smtp address or the ip address that the smtp origanated from? REgards, Using Exchange System Manager, right-click Message Delivery, go to Properties, under the Filtering tab enter the email address you want to block. This will globally block the email address. "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20ea701c45a21$c2692db0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am using ex2003 in 2...

Outlook cannot save the URL to a file
Is there any solution to this problem? Windows XPpro Office 2000 When trying to save an attached file to the hard drive I get the message in the subject line. ...

Publisher 2002 and Excel 97 linking
I am using excel 97 for Charts and graphs and linking to a Publisher 2002 file. the file seems to become corrupt and displays "bad" information. I get the error "An error has occured in your program. To keep working anyway, click 'Ignore' and save your work to a new file. To quit this program, click 'Close.' You will lose information you entered since your last save " any ideas? I have applied sr1 and sr2 for office xp. What version of Windows are you using? -- Windows 98 >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows are you us...

Transfer PST File
When upgrading or just changing to another PC... what is the best way to transfer all of my Outlook Contacts, Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. the the next PC? Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Dick" <DRosen@OtsegoMN.net> wrote in message news:02b301c3a57e$22bb7a00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When upgrading or j...

Reg files not sticking
I have had a lot of problems with some of my .reg files. They install fine, but after other reboots, they disappear from the right click menu of Windows explorer. Anyone know what the heck is going on. Andy "Mint" <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fab149fd-5c85-4e7c-9426-7ca148fcaae7@o8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > I have had a lot of problems with some of my .reg files. > > They install fine, but after other reboots, they disappear from the > right click menu of > Windows explorer. > > Anyone know what the heck...

outlook mp3
Is there any way of incorporating a mp3 file as background music in outlook 2002? Yes, but it takes some trickery to make it all work. I'm going to assume that you are running Windows XP, can you open Sound Recorder, select file | save as and select the change button. In the format dropdown, do you have a choice of MPEG-3 Layer? (Yes, files needed be re-encoded by the sound recorder. Which may mean taking a MP3 and converting to a wave and then encoding the wave back to a wave/mp3 using sound recorder.) Once you have a wave file encoded in MP3 format, you can use the same methods t...

Excel-cannot view info placed in cells
I built a spreadsheet, filled in the cells and saved the document. Now in trying to reopen it to add more info, I find that the spreadsheet does not show up at all when opened. Just gone. Thanks for any help. I have never had this issue before. Liz Liz: Do you mean you just have the "gray" area? If so, try opening and hit Window-->Arrange, and just hit OK. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "crayon" <crayon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98FD557-6417-407A-B5A5-B47F4141C7A7@microsoft.com... >I built a spreadshe...

Trying to copy Greek from Word to Publisher-getting "jibberish"
I'm attempting to replace English in an existing Publisher document with Greek text from Word. The results are a series of random symbols. Using Word 2000 & Publisher 2000. Any suggestions? ...

Truncating decimal places
When I export a file (from Access or Excel) with a decimal value (in this case Lat. and Lon. values) to a text file, it truncates the decimals to two places. How do I stop this? It works fine if I export as text values. The decimal places are probably there, just not displayed. Select the cells and either click on the icon on the toolbar to increase the decimal places or change the formatting - Format | Cells... | Number tab | Number and increase the Decimal places. Regards Trevor "Greymane" <greymane21@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7b5501c402f6$140f8bb0$a501280a@...

Converting publisher file to jpeg-
I am trying to convert a publisher file to jpeg and change the image to 300 dpi for printing purposes. I am using pub 2007. I thought there was a conversion for dpi when you were saving as, but I don't see it. Thanks! Sean. Sean wrote: > I am trying to convert a publisher file to jpeg and change the image > to 300 dpi for printing purposes. I am using pub 2007. I thought > there was a conversion for dpi when you were saving as, but I don't > see it. > Thanks! Sean. ====================== Go to...File / Save As... Open the "Save As Type" drop window and ...

Writing to text file
Hi all! Using VB 2008. I need to write to a text file. Create and write if it does not exist or append if it does. I have this code: If System.IO.File.Exists("G:\work\temp\TestTxtFiles\Box\testfile.txt") Then 'Open file for append. Using oFile As System.IO.StreamWriter = System.IO.File.AppendText("G:\work\temp\TestTxtFiles\Box\testfile.txt") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 4") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 5") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 6") oFile.Close() End Usin...

Great Plains should allow more decimal places for finance charges
We are currently using Great Plains v. 8.00. Our intent was to charge a 5% annual interest rate for our finance charges; but, because Great Plains will only allow 2 decimal places for the monthly rate, we are charging a monthly rate of .41%, which equates to an annual rate of 4.92%, rather than being able to use a monthly rate of .41666666666666% (or something similar), which would allow us to get to the desired annual rate of 5%. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Publisher 2003 #69
I asked about this a few years ago and lost the instructions on how to do this and I can't find the post in question. So, sorry to bother folks. What I'm trying to do is set up a publication using two columns and multiple pages. While I can do that individually, it's kind of a pain to manually link everything. Now I know there's a way to do this automatically, but I've forgotten how. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance! I think you mis-remember. The only way you can automatically create connected text boxes and pages if you import a text file. -- ...

Microsoft Publisher 2000 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2000 run on Windows XP. I found a copy of it at a yard sale but am not sure of its compatibility with XP. Yes - fire that baby up -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "mlf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29ed301c466f7$b3a13ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Will Microsoft Publisher 2000 run on Windows XP. I found > a copy of it at a yard sale but am not sure of its > compatibility with XP. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.7...

Where are the sent messages and drafts files ?
First time user for outlook on Microsoft 2000: on the front and only page I get there is no icon to access drafts or sent messages. Why is that ? was it not on the 2000 edition? Use View | Folder List to see all the available folders. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "xenornan" <xenornan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F15DC27-F7F8-48B5-A3A2-8A49810E75AB@microsoft.com... > First time user for outlook...

How does excel know what to do to open a csv file?
How does excel know what to do to open a csv file? What I mean is where is the procedure for what to do stored? Somewhere in Excel.exe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "rich1876" <rich1876@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D650260-9C51-4AE9-84DD-FD0714EFA3F2@microsoft.com... | How does excel know what to do to open a csv file? What I mean is where is | the procedure for what to do stored? If your ultimate question is "how can I change its behavior", you can't. On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:09:08 -0800, "rich1876" <rich1876@discussions.micros...