Picture frame box

Hi there,

I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting to grips
with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy way of adjusting
the frame around a picture.

On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the frame
shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found of doing this
is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing the wrap points.

This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change.

Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways.

Thanks in advance
0
Paul297 (622)

Paul wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting
> to grips with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy
> way of adjusting the frame around a picture.
>
> On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the
> frame shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found
> of doing this is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing
> the wrap points.
>
> This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change.
>
> Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways.
>
> Thanks in advance
=================================
I give up...what frame are you referring to?

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
3/8/2008 7:28:53 PM
Hi John thanks for the reply

When you put a picture into a publisher document you get a rectangular box
around the actual picture with 8 dots on it. In the old publisher you could
click a button and the box would shrink to the actual size of the picture and
not be a rectangle.

I don't want to wrap text around the picture or anything, i would just like
to find an easy way to shrink the frame without manually editting the wrap
points on the frame.

I hope i've explained this a little bit better.

Thanks in advance again.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Paul wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting
> > to grips with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy
> > way of adjusting the frame around a picture.
> >
> > On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the
> > frame shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found
> > of doing this is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing
> > the wrap points.
> >
> > This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change.
> >
> > Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> =================================
> I give up...what frame are you referring to?
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Paul297 (622)
3/8/2008 7:48:00 PM
In Pub 2000 you created a frame first then inserted your picture.

Paul - you don't need to create that frame. Just insert your picture and
skip the frame part. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Paul wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting
>> to grips with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy
>> way of adjusting the frame around a picture.
>>
>> On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the
>> frame shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found
>> of doing this is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing
>> the wrap points.
>>
>> This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change.
>>
>> Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
> =================================
> I give up...what frame are you referring to?
>
> --
>
>       John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
>            Notice
> This is not tech support
>      I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
jl_paules (2767)
3/8/2008 7:49:10 PM
If you insert a .wmf picture into your publication, click the dog icon on the
picture toolbar, click *edit wrap points*,  it will  automatically set the
points. If you then click tight, Publisher will query. Only bitmaps do you have
to manually set the wrap points.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi John thanks for the reply
>
> When you put a picture into a publisher document you get a rectangular box
> around the actual picture with 8 dots on it. In the old publisher you could
> click a button and the box would shrink to the actual size of the picture and
> not be a rectangle.
>
> I don't want to wrap text around the picture or anything, i would just like
> to find an easy way to shrink the frame without manually editting the wrap
> points on the frame.
>
> I hope i've explained this a little bit better.
>
> Thanks in advance again.
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> Paul wrote:
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting
>> > to grips with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy
>> > way of adjusting the frame around a picture.
>> >
>> > On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the
>> > frame shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found
>> > of doing this is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing
>> > the wrap points.
>> >
>> > This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change.
>> >
>> > Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance
>> =================================
>> I give up...what frame are you referring to?
>>
>> --
>>
>>        John Inzer
>> Digital Media MVP
>>
>>             Notice
>> This is not tech support
>>       I am a volunteer
>>
>>  Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/8/2008 8:03:04 PM
"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
> In Pub 2000 you created a frame first then inserted your picture.
>
> Paul - you don't need to create that frame. Just insert your picture and
> skip the frame part. ;-)

 That's what I was thinking, too, but it seemed like too simple an answer
(LOL)
 I know I had to get used to this, changing from 2003 to 2007.
  I still see resize buttons on it (hold down ctrl to keep it even) and if
an actual border is wanted (around the picture) use the line/border
settings.

  I know you know this JoAnn, just reviewing it to make sure I have it right
and add extra to the answer.

> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>> Paul wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting
>>> to grips with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy
>>> way of adjusting the frame around a picture.
>>>
>>> On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the
>>> frame shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found
>>> of doing this is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing
>>> the wrap points.
>>>
>>> This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change.
>>>
>>> Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>> =================================
>> I give up...what frame are you referring to?
>>
>> --
>>
>>       John Inzer
>> Digital Media MVP
>>
>>            Notice
>> This is not tech support
>>      I am a volunteer
>>
>> Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk

0
starchild (273)
3/9/2008 12:30:53 AM
Paul wrote:
> Hi John thanks for the reply
>
> When you put a picture into a publisher document you get a
> rectangular box around the actual picture with 8 dots on it. In the
> old publisher you could click a button and the box would shrink to
> the actual size of the picture and not be a rectangle.
>
> I don't want to wrap text around the picture or anything, i would
> just like to find an easy way to shrink the frame without manually
> editting the wrap points on the frame.
>
> I hope i've explained this a little bit better.
>
> Thanks in advance again.
==========================
Interesting...when I insert a picture
into a Publisher document I go to...

Insert / Picture / From File...

I don't see a frame...all I see is the
picture. There are 8 dots...(handles)
that can be used to resize the image.
But I wouldn't call it a frame. And of
course you can reposition the picture
by dragging the 4 way arrow or nudge
it with the arrow keys.

Are you referring to a picture of an
irregular shape like a cutout and the
unwanted background is white?

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
3/9/2008 1:08:56 AM
You got it. I don't think switching from Pub 2003 to 2007 is a big jump.
It's nothing at all like the change from Word 2003 to 2007.  ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>> In Pub 2000 you created a frame first then inserted your picture.
>>
>> Paul - you don't need to create that frame. Just insert your picture and
>> skip the frame part. ;-)
>
> That's what I was thinking, too, but it seemed like too simple an answer
> (LOL)
> I know I had to get used to this, changing from 2003 to 2007.
>  I still see resize buttons on it (hold down ctrl to keep it even) and if
> an actual border is wanted (around the picture) use the line/border
> settings.
>
>  I know you know this JoAnn, just reviewing it to make sure I have it
> right and add extra to the answer.
>

>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message

>>> =================================
>>> I give up...what frame are you referring to?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>>       John Inzer
>>> Digital Media MVP
>>>
>>>            Notice
>>> This is not tech support
>>>      I am a volunteer
>>>
>>> Solutions that work for
>>> me may not work for you
>>>
>>> Proceed at your own risk

0
jl_paules (2767)
3/9/2008 4:51:25 AM
In 2000 you can insert the picture without a frame. There is a picture frame
icon on the toolbar that allows you to either Wrap the text around the Entire
Frame or Picture only. This is my opinion is what the poster was inquiring
about.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> You got it. I don't think switching from Pub 2003 to 2007 is a big jump. It's
> nothing at all like the change from Word 2003 to 2007.  ;-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>> In Pub 2000 you created a frame first then inserted your picture.
>>>
>>> Paul - you don't need to create that frame. Just insert your picture and
>>> skip the frame part. ;-)
>>
>> That's what I was thinking, too, but it seemed like too simple an answer
>> (LOL)
>> I know I had to get used to this, changing from 2003 to 2007.
>>  I still see resize buttons on it (hold down ctrl to keep it even) and if an
>> actual border is wanted (around the picture) use the line/border settings.
>>
>>  I know you know this JoAnn, just reviewing it to make sure I have it right
>> and add extra to the answer.
>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/9/2008 11:36:14 AM
Hi again John,

I'm probably not using the correct terms here but i think John is getting
the closest to what i'm trying to mean. I can get an image into publisher but
the image is an irregular shape, for example a bike saddle. When i put this
image into publisher it isn't the shape of the saddle, it's the saddle
surrounded by a rectangular box. What i'm trying to do is to make this
rectangular box the same shape as the image i'm inserting into the document.

On old publisher there used to be an icon which you clicked that did this
automatically now the only way to get close to this is by manually changing
the edit points.

I tried clicking the dog and then clicking tight which i had hoped would
work but the only thing that happened was the box turned red.

I'm sorry i can't explain myself better.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Paul wrote:
> > Hi John thanks for the reply
> >
> > When you put a picture into a publisher document you get a
> > rectangular box around the actual picture with 8 dots on it. In the
> > old publisher you could click a button and the box would shrink to
> > the actual size of the picture and not be a rectangle.
> >
> > I don't want to wrap text around the picture or anything, i would
> > just like to find an easy way to shrink the frame without manually
> > editting the wrap points on the frame.
> >
> > I hope i've explained this a little bit better.
> >
> > Thanks in advance again.
> ==========================
> Interesting...when I insert a picture
> into a Publisher document I go to...
>
> Insert / Picture / From File...
>
> I don't see a frame...all I see is the
> picture. There are 8 dots...(handles)
> that can be used to resize the image.
> But I wouldn't call it a frame. And of
> course you can reposition the picture
> by dragging the 4 way arrow or nudge
> it with the arrow keys.
>
> Are you referring to a picture of an
> irregular shape like a cutout and the
> unwanted background is white?
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Paul297 (622)
3/9/2008 12:07:00 PM
Hi Mary,

Thanks for your reply. The pictures i'm inserting are .jpg's but i renamed
one as a .wmf to try your suggestion. When i did it the box turned red,
publisher then queried it, i replied yes and then nothing else happened.

I have tried making myself a bit clearer on a reply to John but i still
don't think i'll find an answer. The picture is an irregular shape but it is
always surrounded by a rectangular shape. I know how to resize and how to
move the image around and how to crop the box so it's not as big around the
irregular shape but i want the box to just be the shape of the irregular
image.

I know it doesn't sound very clear what i'm trying to do but with lots of
images on a page sometimes these boxes overlap each other and the actual
picture is hidden slightly by a box.

Would it just be better to use the "bring to front" option or "bring to
back" via right clicking and then order.

Thank you in advance for all your help on this little problem

Regards

Paul

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you insert a .wmf picture into your publication, click the dog icon on the
> picture toolbar, click *edit wrap points*,  it will  automatically set the
> points. If you then click tight, Publisher will query. Only bitmaps do you have
> to manually set the wrap points.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi John thanks for the reply
> >
> > When you put a picture into a publisher document you get a rectangular box
> > around the actual picture with 8 dots on it. In the old publisher you could
> > click a button and the box would shrink to the actual size of the picture and
> > not be a rectangle.
> >
> > I don't want to wrap text around the picture or anything, i would just like
> > to find an easy way to shrink the frame without manually editting the wrap
> > points on the frame.
> >
> > I hope i've explained this a little bit better.
> >
> > Thanks in advance again.

> >> =================================
> >> I give up...what frame are you referring to?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >>        John Inzer
> >> Digital Media MVP
> >>
> >>             Notice
> >> This is not tech support
> >>       I am a volunteer
> >>
> >>  Solutions that work for
> >> me may not work for you
> >>
> >> Proceed at your own risk

0
Paul297 (622)
3/9/2008 12:19:00 PM
Hi Mary,

I think you might be close to what i mean. The only thing that has thown me
is the text part because i don't want text on the document, i just want lots
of images on a page without the rectangular frames and just the irregular
shapes/picture.

Is there a button like that on 2007 or any other way of achieving the same
effect.

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> In 2000 you can insert the picture without a frame. There is a picture frame
> icon on the toolbar that allows you to either Wrap the text around the Entire
> Frame or Picture only. This is my opinion is what the poster was inquiring
> about.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
> > You got it. I don't think switching from Pub 2003 to 2007 is a big jump. It's
> > nothing at all like the change from Word 2003 to 2007.  ;-)
> >
> > --
> >
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> >

> > "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message

> >> That's what I was thinking, too, but it seemed like too simple an answer
> >> (LOL)
> >> I know I had to get used to this, changing from 2003 to 2007.
> >>  I still see resize buttons on it (hold down ctrl to keep it even) and if an
> >> actual border is wanted (around the picture) use the line/border settings.
> >>
> >>  I know you know this JoAnn, just reviewing it to make sure I have it right
> >> and add extra to the answer.

0
Paul297 (622)
3/9/2008 12:23:01 PM
You could draw an irregular shape with the freeform tool in autoshapes. While
the shape is selected, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture.
You may need to check the *Lock picture aspect ratio.*

Bitmaps (.jpg, png etc.) can be turned into irregular shapes, When you select
edit points, you can create new points by placing the cursor anywhere on the
picture. You don't need to change the picture to .wmf. If you right-click the
point, you can change it into a curve to soften the look.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi Mary,
>
> I think you might be close to what i mean. The only thing that has thown me
> is the text part because i don't want text on the document, i just want lots
> of images on a page without the rectangular frames and just the irregular
> shapes/picture.
>
> Is there a button like that on 2007 or any other way of achieving the same
> effect.
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Paul
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> In 2000 you can insert the picture without a frame. There is a picture frame
>> icon on the toolbar that allows you to either Wrap the text around the Entire
>> Frame or Picture only. This is my opinion is what the poster was inquiring
>> about.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>> > You got it. I don't think switching from Pub 2003 to 2007 is a big jump.
>> > It's
>> > nothing at all like the change from Word 2003 to 2007.  ;-)
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > JoAnn Paules
>> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>> >

>> > "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/9/2008 1:14:54 PM
Paul wrote:
> Hi again John,
>
> I'm probably not using the correct terms here but i think John is
> getting the closest to what i'm trying to mean. I can get an image
> into publisher but the image is an irregular shape, for example a
> bike saddle. When i put this image into publisher it isn't the shape
> of the saddle, it's the saddle surrounded by a rectangular box. What
> i'm trying to do is to make this rectangular box the same shape as
> the image i'm inserting into the document.
>
> On old publisher there used to be an icon which you clicked that did
> this automatically now the only way to get close to this is by
> manually changing the edit points.
>
> I tried clicking the dog and then clicking tight which i had hoped
> would work but the only thing that happened was the box turned red.
>
> I'm sorry i can't explain myself better.
==================================
Maybe we are getting closer.

If you are simply saying you don't wish to
see the dotted line around your picture...
go to...View / Boundaries and Guides...and
uncheck it....or type...Ctrl+Shift+O.

Or...are you referring to an unwanted white
background that surrounds the irregular
shape? If that is the case...select the picture
and look at your Picture Toolbar...there is
a button that says "Set Transparent Color".
If the button is Live...click it and then click
the background of your picture.

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
3/9/2008 1:46:21 PM
Hi again Mary,

I'm going to try one more time, i'm so grateful for your help and sorry for
bothering you, it would be so easy if i could just show you but i can't. This
paragraph below was what i was meaning.

In 2000 you can insert the picture without a frame. There is a picture frame
>> icon on the toolbar that allows you to either Wrap the text around the Entire
>> Frame or Picture only. This is my opinion is what the poster was inquiring
>> about.

Is there a similar icon in 2007. Whenever a picture is added to publisher it
puts it in a rectangular box, i want an easy way of getting this box gone
completly without having to manually edit the wrap points which gets the box
closer to the picture.

If there isn't a button to do this i will have to use the bring to front /
bring to back button instead. (I'm putting multiple images on a page and
sometimes the white box of 1 image obscures some part or another image)

Yet again sorry for bothering you so much but that old button was really
handy for me and i really miss it.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You could draw an irregular shape with the freeform tool in autoshapes. While
> the shape is selected, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture.
> You may need to check the *Lock picture aspect ratio.*
>
> Bitmaps (.jpg, png etc.) can be turned into irregular shapes, When you select
> edit points, you can create new points by placing the cursor anywhere on the
> picture. You don't need to change the picture to .wmf. If you right-click the
> point, you can change it into a curve to soften the look.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary,
> >
> > I think you might be close to what i mean. The only thing that has thown me
> > is the text part because i don't want text on the document, i just want lots
> > of images on a page without the rectangular frames and just the irregular
> > shapes/picture.
> >
> > Is there a button like that on 2007 or any other way of achieving the same
> > effect.
> >
> > Thanks again for your help.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> In 2000 you can insert the picture without a frame. There is a picture frame
> >> icon on the toolbar that allows you to either Wrap the text around the Entire
> >> Frame or Picture only. This is my opinion is what the poster was inquiring
> >> about.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message

0
Paul297 (622)
3/9/2008 2:25:01 PM
All images are square or rectangular, there's no such thing as an "irregular
shape" image. It may appear irregular because you have transparency (but not
in a jpg), but they are still square/rectangular.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

| Hi again John,
|
| I'm probably not using the correct terms here but i think John is getting
| the closest to what i'm trying to mean. I can get an image into publisher
but
| the image is an irregular shape, for example a bike saddle. When i put
this
| image into publisher it isn't the shape of the saddle, it's the saddle
| surrounded by a rectangular box. What i'm trying to do is to make this
| rectangular box the same shape as the image i'm inserting into the
document.

| On old publisher there used to be an icon which you clicked that did this
| automatically now the only way to get close to this is by manually
changing
| the edit points.
|
| I tried clicking the dog and then clicking tight which i had hoped would
| work but the only thing that happened was the box turned red.
|
| I'm sorry i can't explain myself better.
|
| "John Inzer" wrote:
|
| > Paul wrote:
| > > Hi John thanks for the reply
| > >
| > > When you put a picture into a publisher document you get a
| > > rectangular box around the actual picture with 8 dots on it. In the
| > > old publisher you could click a button and the box would shrink to
| > > the actual size of the picture and not be a rectangle.
| > >
| > > I don't want to wrap text around the picture or anything, i would
| > > just like to find an easy way to shrink the frame without manually
| > > editting the wrap points on the frame.
| > >
| > > I hope i've explained this a little bit better.
| > >
| > > Thanks in advance again.
| > ==========================
| > Interesting...when I insert a picture
| > into a Publisher document I go to...
| >
| > Insert / Picture / From File...
| >
| > I don't see a frame...all I see is the
| > picture. There are 8 dots...(handles)
| > that can be used to resize the image.
| > But I wouldn't call it a frame. And of
| > course you can reposition the picture
| > by dragging the 4 way arrow or nudge
| > it with the arrow keys.
| >
| > Are you referring to a picture of an
| > irregular shape like a cutout and the
| > unwanted background is white?
| >
| > --
| >
| >        John Inzer
| > Digital Media MVP
| >
| >             Notice
| > This is not tech support
| >       I am a volunteer
| >
| >  Solutions that work for
| > me may not work for you
| >
| > Proceed at your own risk

0
webmaster911 (1600)
3/9/2008 2:31:37 PM
Paul, It is the dog icon on the picture toolbar. It is the same as what you are
use to in 2000. It is simply presented differently. If the picture toolbar is
not open, right-click the format toolbar, check the picture toolbar. Drag it to
the bottom of the work area.

Did you ever create a new drawing in Publisher 2000? All the picture tools were
available when you inserted a picture into the canvas, in 2007 this step is
automatic.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi again Mary,
>
> I'm going to try one more time, i'm so grateful for your help and sorry for
> bothering you, it would be so easy if i could just show you but i can't. This
> paragraph below was what i was meaning.
>
> In 2000 you can insert the picture without a frame. There is a picture frame
>>> icon on the toolbar that allows you to either Wrap the text around the
>>> Entire
>>> Frame or Picture only. This is my opinion is what the poster was inquiring
>>> about.
>>>

> Is there a similar icon in 2007. Whenever a picture is added to publisher it
> puts it in a rectangular box, i want an easy way of getting this box gone
> completly without having to manually edit the wrap points which gets the box
> closer to the picture.
>
> If there isn't a button to do this i will have to use the bring to front /
> bring to back button instead. (I'm putting multiple images on a page and
> sometimes the white box of 1 image obscures some part or another image)
>
> Yet again sorry for bothering you so much but that old button was really
> handy for me and i really miss it.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You could draw an irregular shape with the freeform tool in autoshapes. While
>> the shape is selected, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your
>> picture.
>> You may need to check the *Lock picture aspect ratio.*
>>
>> Bitmaps (.jpg, png etc.) can be turned into irregular shapes, When you select
>> edit points, you can create new points by placing the cursor anywhere on the
>> picture. You don't need to change the picture to .wmf. If you right-click the
>> point, you can change it into a curve to soften the look.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Mary,
>> >
>> > I think you might be close to what i mean. The only thing that has thown me
>> > is the text part because i don't want text on the document, i just want
>> > lots
>> > of images on a page without the rectangular frames and just the irregular
>> > shapes/picture.
>> >
>> > Is there a button like that on 2007 or any other way of achieving the same
>> > effect.
>> >
>> > Thanks again for your help.
>> >
>> > Paul

0
mary-sauer (6480)

picture is not showing up in Excel
I have a picture that is in an Excel worksheet. I can see the handles and if I move the handles some, the picture will show up. However, it will not show up in print preview at all or page break preview. I can open the same file on another computer and it will show up fine. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Check Tools -> Options ->General Do you have "Show All" selected for Objects? "cab58" wrote: > I have a picture that is in an Excel worksheet. I can see the handles > and if I move the handles some, the picture will show up. However, it > will...

combo box linked subform values
I have created a subform and a combo box. When the user selects a value in the combo box such as unit4, they should be able to see only unit4 details in the subform. This is my trouble. Does anybody know how to get a combo value to determine the subform data? I have created numerous queries and functions but can't get this to work. Please help. Thanks, Mitchell -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Without knowing all your specifics, the general solution is similar to the following: (the subform has a sql string to load records) Private Sub cboUnits_AfterUpdate() Dim st...

Embedded pictures
Hello! I noticed that the when we set the picture property of a button or another control as embedded, it takes a lot of place. Is there an explication that show why the Access file encrease in size by more than the picture size (even if it is a bitmap, a format that is normaly heavy) Exemple: An mdb without picture would take 4 MB the same file with pictures would increase to 40 MB with only 400 KB of pictures. In JPEG format. Is it because Access uses a non efficient compression to include the image file? Thank you in advance for any suggestion! PS: I know that I can set the pictur...

Pictures don't print in outlook 2000 or 97
How do I get pictures to print when I print messages for Outlook 2000 or Outlook 97. I'm using XP Home. Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, Have you checked to make sure you have all of the latest Windows and Office Service Packs installed? I remember this issue from a whle back, and it was corrected in one of the service pack releases. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >From: socialism001@yahoo.com >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook >Subject: Pictures don't...

Inserting picture from "My Pictures"
When I add a pic from "My pictures" the entire picture does not appear on the slide and when I try to format it it is impossible to get it back to the same pic I am attempting to add. If I am trying to add a pic I might only get a nose or a blade of grass instead of the original picture from "My Pictures". Reduce the zoom to 10%. Coul be a too large image "PP Neophyte" <PP Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: CA5F97E6-D4D8-401B-B066-E261024F082F@microsoft.com... > When I add a pic from "My pictures" t...

How to contain a modeless dialog in the View Frame
Hi, I created a modeless dialog (it's just a common one created with CDialog::Create). The dialog is located at a random position in the desktop window each time when it is created. I want to have it restricted within the View Frame though. Does anybody have any ideas about a solution? Thanks in advance. Create it as a child instead of popup, and then use SetWindowPos to place it where you want it. AliR. "Jason Zhang" <JasonZhang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93F5E94-0481-400D-AFC7-37106BA68D92@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I created a ...

picture in picture
Have to digital pictures & would like to put a couple of people on one picture into the other picture. How do i do this? Anyone got any ideas? TIA "ted medin" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message news:OaNwFXQeKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Have to digital pictures & would like to put a couple of people on one > picture into the other picture. How do i do this? Anyone got any ideas? > TIA Well not with Vista. You need a Graphic editing application. The Gimp may be able to do this. (It's free, Open Source but is a bit tricky yo get to lear...

insert row not taken into account by sum box
Hi, Scenario, twelve columns Jan to Dec, rows are for items I have purchased. I now buy something and need to add a row to name the item. If I have used the sum tool and I have the formula for my November total cell L15 as =SUM(L2:L14), if I then need to add a row into my sheet, by clicking in row L15 and going insert row, row 14 is now for adding my purchase, and row 15 is now the totals row, the total cell should now read =SUM(L2:L15) but still reads =SUM(L2:L14), so I have to manually alter the formula, then edit copy the cell and edit paste it as paste special formula across...

Picture in Publisher
When inserting pictures in publisher the picture does not show. I can see the frame. The same thing when I load a publisher file created by someone else. All the inserted pictures does not show. View>pictures is set to detailed display. Any suggestions for a solution? -- Thor Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Thor" <Thor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Sending pictures with text and then another picture with text.
I receive some e-mails with text and then a picture with more text and again a picture. Some of these will have 8 to 10 pictures with text under each picture. But when I send it out it is received with all of the text in a group and the pictures are all sent as attachments. How do I get my e-mails to send the pictures and text the way I receive them? Thanks for any help you can give me. Bob ...

Insert username into text box
I am using the fOSUserName functionality in my DB. I would like to use it to dynamically preface comments a user types into a text box. Scenario...user opens a ticket form, starts typing a comment in the text box, and Access automatically inserts their username in front of their comments (in bold typeface if possible) followed by a couple spaces, or a space dash space. Any ideas? Thanks! Paul, Use the AfterUpdate event of your text control (ex. control name = [Comments]) Me.Comments = CurrentUser & " - " & [Comments] -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft...

Exchange 2003
In 5.5, when a user besides the primary opened a mailbox, it created an event log entry. In 200, the only way I could get this event was to audit all successful mailbox logons. Now I'm on 2003, and I have the same question. Certain executives want us to be able to tell them who and when has accessed their mailbox. I realize that it is someone who was explicitly given permission, but they still like to know. Is there any way in Exchange 2003 to create an event log entry when a non primary account opens a box? I don't want to create one every time any user opens the box, just some...

Picture Link
Appreciate some help here and thanks in advance. I link my pictures to the following folders C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Desktop\Picture.jpg C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\My Documents\Picture.bmp My code: If Me!pic1a = "X" Then Forms!startpg!fmpPic!Img.Picture = "" Else Forms!startpg!fmpPic!Img.Picture = Me!pic1a End If It works on my PC but when I copied the program to another PC, it does not work. This is because of "MyName" and the other PC has a different name. Is there a way to ignore "MyName" for any PCs Regards "ChoonBoy&quo...

Picture in header
How do I get a picture in the header? This was added in xl2002. File|Page setup|header/footer tab|custom header There's an icon that looks like a picture near the far right. Steve wrote: > > How do I get a picture in the header? -- Dave Peterson If you are using a version of Excel before 2002 then check out: http://www.nwarwick.co.uk/Excel2000GraphicalHeaders.htm for a workaround. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "Dave Peterson" wrote: > This was added in xl2002. > > File|Page setup|header/footer tab|custom header > There's an icon that looks lik...

Combo Box Limitation?
Access 2003 I created a combo box to find name. Even though I still can type in the box, the drop down list would not move beyond letter "W". Clicking down arrow would not help. If I type letter X for example, the searched record show in the box only but not drop down list. I have more than 240,000 records in that single table. Did I reach the limitation of the combo box? thanks. On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:36:21 -0800, "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have more than 240,000 records in that single table. Did I reach the >limitation of the combo ...

Issues Displaying results in Combo Box in Access 2003
I am having a very strange issue with a database of mine which was created in 2007 (but saved as 2003 format) When I open the database in Access 2003 one of my combo box fields (populated by a SELECT DISTINCT query) is no longer visible in the drop down list. When I open the database in Access 2007 it works perfectly!!?? Any ideas as to what the hell is causing this?? It does appear that the results of the query (to populate the drop down) are there but just not visible? I have checked all the obvious (font colours etc) but what I cannot understand is why it displays perf...

Can pictures be centered in a picture frame in a catalog?
I have created a catalog for items we sell. I have added the pictures to the catalog through the Excel worksheet. When the worksheet is imported, all of the pictures left-justify in the picture frame. Can this be centered? ...

Naming Combo boxes
I have to create MANY forms with MANY combo boxes. The strSQL behind the scenes is going to be tedious enough, but... Is there a way to name the boxes in a quick manner, systemically? (i.e. i want the first row of 6 combos to be cbo1a, cbo1b, ===>cbo1f. Row 2 = cbo2a, cbo2b, etc.) But if I have 20+ rows, it's taking me a long time to name them. Any ideas? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com auujxa2 wrote: >I have to create MANY forms with MANY combo boxes. The strSQL behind the >scenes is going to be tedious enough, but... > >Is t...

Msg. Box
The code below checks out something for me once the user decides to close the program. It gives a pop up box if appropriate. Here is my code: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If Worksheets("Daily Log of Students Seen").Range("C40").Value <> Worksheets("Daily Log of Students Seen").Range("W40").Value Then Msg = "You have forgot to appropriately record your time!" Ans = MsgBox(Msg, vbOKOnly + vbExclamation, "Please add your time in or time out") End If End Sub I want to add an If T...

attaching pictures as an icon
Hi I am trying to save memory in an excel report and I wish to include a picture in this report as an icon that shows the picture when selected. If you're going to try to save memory in the workbook, then it sounds like the big picture will be outside excel (a common LAN folder???). If yes, then maybe you could create thumbnails of each of your pictures (using ????) and then add a hyperlink to each thumbnail. The hyperlink would use whatever program is associated with the extension to open the big picture--outside of excel completely. (I don't know how you'd include the big p...

Create a message / dialog box when opening excel file
Hi, How do I create a Dialog / message box , which automatically pops up when an excel file is opened ? The Dialog / message box will contain some lines of text , and may contain just a OK button or OK + CANCEL button. The excel file should only open when the OK button is pressed. Thank you. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In ThisWorkbook Module insert a workbook open code. 2 examles listed Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "Some Text Here", vbOKOnly End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim UserRespone UserRespone = MsgBox("Some Text Here", vb...

Create picture catalog from current product codes
Any one who knows how to create a catalog of pictures in a=20 spreadsheet, from a list of product codes, that=20 automatically adds the pictures from a specific product=20 code list and creates links from the product code to the=20 specific cell in which the picture is positioned. Thanks=A1 Hi Julio, Merge Pictures and Words - Oh My!, by Cindy Meister, creates a catalog from text wording and external pictures from an Excel database. [photos, photographs] http://www.computorcompanion.com/LMMArticle.asp?ID=126 Also see extracting JPG / GIF files from an Excel document (charts). htt...

Picture download to picture taken date folders
Maybe somebody could direct me to a proper newsgroup if this isn't it. When I download pictures from my digital camera, it stores them all in one folder. Is there a way that I could download them into folders that it created by picture-taken date? Ken W <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Maybe somebody could direct me to a proper newsgroup if this isn't it. > >When I download pictures from my digital camera, it stores them all in one >folder. Is there a way that I could download them into folders that it >created by picture-taken date? No...

In-Box
Cannot cause Windows Live Mail to show a listing of E-Mails in my In-Box Folder. Need Help. -- Bud This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010D_01CB375E.5F47B6E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Which Inbox? - individual account Inbox If so, Pop3, IMAP or Http(DeltaSync) - Quick Views ‘All Inbox’ Ensure show all messages is enabled ? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Bud" <birdy@epix.net> wrote in message news:B7D115DB-6A75-4A7E-90B1-88B9DD3074C3@microsoft.com... Cannot c...

picture in background show multiple images
When formatting a picture in background, it shows up as multiple images. How can I get just the one image? Thank you! My bad! Forgot about the 'master page' insert. "Anita" wrote: > When formatting a picture in background, it shows up as multiple images. How > can I get just the one image? > > Thank you! ...