Picture Formats After Reinstall In Publisher

I had to reinstall Publisher and now that I have, the pictures formats that I
use on my computer are not availabe in the "List file types" when I try to
double click and insert an image after creating an image box. I need .jpg.
gif and .bmp but only show metafiles, wordperfect graphic and pc paintbrush
import. Even under the "show all file types" heading, I cannot insert .jpg,
..bmp, or .gif files types. What should I do.
0
JeffGor (10)

Could be your filters are missing or were corrupt and the re-install didn't overwrite
them.
Rename the graphic filters and drag new ones from the setup disk.
The filters are in folder similar to this:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt

When you right-click a .gif, properties, what program opens the image? Previously
what program opened these files?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to reinstall Publisher and now that I have, the pictures formats that I
> use on my computer are not availabe in the "List file types" when I try to
> double click and insert an image after creating an image box. I need .jpg.
> gif and .bmp but only show metafiles, wordperfect graphic and pc paintbrush
> import. Even under the "show all file types" heading, I cannot insert .jpg,
> .bmp, or .gif files types. What should I do.

0
gsauer (5094)
5/27/2005 8:18:36 AM
If you are trying to insert from the Internet, your cache maybe full, in the Internet
Explorer, tools, Internet options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to reinstall Publisher and now that I have, the pictures formats that I
> use on my computer are not availabe in the "List file types" when I try to
> double click and insert an image after creating an image box. I need .jpg.
> gif and .bmp but only show metafiles, wordperfect graphic and pc paintbrush
> import. Even under the "show all file types" heading, I cannot insert .jpg,
> .bmp, or .gif files types. What should I do.

0
gsauer (5094)
5/27/2005 8:19:45 AM
Mary,
Thanks for the help, I will attempt what you suggested. I have a program
called ULEAD PHOTOIMPACT that I've used for years that opens .gif, .jpg and
..bmp images. All other programs are working ok and I can view the images in
other programs, I just can't use them in Publisher (which I use all the time
for many projects).

Thanks,
Jeff

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Could be your filters are missing or were corrupt and the re-install didn't overwrite
> them.
> Rename the graphic filters and drag new ones from the setup disk.
> The filters are in folder similar to this:
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>
> When you right-click a .gif, properties, what program opens the image? Previously
> what program opened these files?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had to reinstall Publisher and now that I have, the pictures formats that I
> > use on my computer are not availabe in the "List file types" when I try to
> > double click and insert an image after creating an image box. I need .jpg.
> > gif and .bmp but only show metafiles, wordperfect graphic and pc paintbrush
> > import. Even under the "show all file types" heading, I cannot insert .jpg,
> > .bmp, or .gif files types. What should I do.

0
JeffGor (10)
5/27/2005 4:14:08 PM
Mary,
I did what you suggested but it did not work. I am trying to insert images
into Publisher from folders on my hard drive and still Publisher will not
recognize bitmapped type images. Any other ideas??

Thanks,
Jeff

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Could be your filters are missing or were corrupt and the re-install didn't overwrite
> them.
> Rename the graphic filters and drag new ones from the setup disk.
> The filters are in folder similar to this:
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>
> When you right-click a .gif, properties, what program opens the image? Previously
> what program opened these files?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had to reinstall Publisher and now that I have, the pictures formats that I
> > use on my computer are not availabe in the "List file types" when I try to
> > double click and insert an image after creating an image box. I need .jpg.
> > gif and .bmp but only show metafiles, wordperfect graphic and pc paintbrush
> > import. Even under the "show all file types" heading, I cannot insert .jpg,
> > .bmp, or .gif files types. What should I do.

0
JeffGor (10)
5/28/2005 4:16:02 AM
Right-click the image, properties, what association does the bitmap have, what opens
it? Can you drag and drop into Publisher?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary,
> I did what you suggested but it did not work. I am trying to insert images
> into Publisher from folders on my hard drive and still Publisher will not
> recognize bitmapped type images. Any other ideas??
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Could be your filters are missing or were corrupt and the re-install didn't
>> overwrite
>> them.
>> Rename the graphic filters and drag new ones from the setup disk.
>> The filters are in folder similar to this:
>> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>>
>> When you right-click a .gif, properties, what program opens the image? Previously
>> what program opened these files?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I had to reinstall Publisher and now that I have, the pictures formats that I
>> > use on my computer are not availabe in the "List file types" when I try to
>> > double click and insert an image after creating an image box. I need .jpg.
>> > gif and .bmp but only show metafiles, wordperfect graphic and pc paintbrush
>> > import. Even under the "show all file types" heading, I cannot insert .jpg,
>> > .bmp, or .gif files types. What should I do.

0
gsauer (5094)
5/28/2005 8:19:39 AM
Mary,
When I right click a .bmp, .jpg, or .gif file, they open with a image viewer
called ULead Photo Impact. I've had that program installed for many years and
it's always been ok. I can also still view the files from Photo Impact. I
cannot load images into Publisher pages and I cannot drag the image in from
another file. Something is really crazy with Publisher. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Right-click the image, properties, what association does the bitmap have, what opens
> it? Can you drag and drop into Publisher?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> > I did what you suggested but it did not work. I am trying to insert images
> > into Publisher from folders on my hard drive and still Publisher will not
> > recognize bitmapped type images. Any other ideas??
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Could be your filters are missing or were corrupt and the re-install didn't
> >> overwrite
> >> them.
> >> Rename the graphic filters and drag new ones from the setup disk.
> >> The filters are in folder similar to this:
> >> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
> >>
> >> When you right-click a .gif, properties, what program opens the image? Previously
> >> what program opened these files?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JeffGor (10)
5/30/2005 3:57:19 PM
Do a "detect and repair", it is under help.
Associate the files with another program, such as www.irfanview.com (free), some
images need the plug-ins, download those too.
Did you empty your Internet cache? In IE, tools, Internet options, delete files.

What version Publisher? Windows?
Image does not appear in thumbnail view after removing Office
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292499

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary,
> When I right click a .bmp, .jpg, or .gif file, they open with a image viewer
> called ULead Photo Impact. I've had that program installed for many years and
> it's always been ok. I can also still view the files from Photo Impact. I
> cannot load images into Publisher pages and I cannot drag the image in from
> another file. Something is really crazy with Publisher. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Right-click the image, properties, what association does the bitmap have, what
>> opens
>> it? Can you drag and drop into Publisher?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> > I did what you suggested but it did not work. I am trying to insert images
>> > into Publisher from folders on my hard drive and still Publisher will not
>> > recognize bitmapped type images. Any other ideas??
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Jeff

0
gsauer (5094)
5/30/2005 4:21:21 PM
Mary,
I am using Publisher 98 and Windows XP. I could not find detect and repair
under help so I went to the Microsoft site and did the update registry
function. I then restarted the computer and am still unable to import any
bitmapped images from my hard drive into the Publisher program. I did clear
the internet cache as you suggeusted but still no success.

Jeff

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do a "detect and repair", it is under help.
> Associate the files with another program, such as www.irfanview.com (free), some
> images need the plug-ins, download those too.
> Did you empty your Internet cache? In IE, tools, Internet options, delete files.
>
> What version Publisher? Windows?
> Image does not appear in thumbnail view after removing Office
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292499
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> > When I right click a .bmp, .jpg, or .gif file, they open with a image viewer
> > called ULead Photo Impact. I've had that program installed for many years and
> > it's always been ok. I can also still view the files from Photo Impact. I
> > cannot load images into Publisher pages and I cannot drag the image in from
> > another file. Something is really crazy with Publisher. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Right-click the image, properties, what association does the bitmap have, what
> >> opens
> >> it? Can you drag and drop into Publisher?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JeffGor (10)
5/30/2005 11:14:01 PM
Jeff, Are you still using ULead to view your images? Could be ULead is not opening
these images properly or just may not be compatible with XP. Associate the images
with a different program, maybe Windows Picture and Fax Viewer or the Irfanview link
I suggested in an earlier post.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary,
> I am using Publisher 98 and Windows XP. I could not find detect and repair
> under help so I went to the Microsoft site and did the update registry
> function. I then restarted the computer and am still unable to import any
> bitmapped images from my hard drive into the Publisher program. I did clear
> the internet cache as you suggeusted but still no success.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do a "detect and repair", it is under help.
>> Associate the files with another program, such as www.irfanview.com (free), some
>> images need the plug-ins, download those too.
>> Did you empty your Internet cache? In IE, tools, Internet options, delete files.
>>
>> What version Publisher? Windows?
>> Image does not appear in thumbnail view after removing Office
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292499
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> > When I right click a .bmp, .jpg, or .gif file, they open with a image viewer
>> > called ULead Photo Impact. I've had that program installed for many years and
>> > it's always been ok. I can also still view the files from Photo Impact. I
>> > cannot load images into Publisher pages and I cannot drag the image in from
>> > another file. Something is really crazy with Publisher. Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Jeff

0
gsauer (5094)
5/31/2005 10:40:21 AM
iMary,
I did associate the files with WIndows Picture & Fax viewer several days ago
as you suggested and that did not work. I have also since removed ULEAD from
my hard drive (I have been using Ulead with Win XP for over two years witout
any problems). I still cannot get the options of importing .jpg,. bmp, or .
gif files in Publisher. When I make ax image box and then double click it to
insert an image, the "Insert Picture File" box opens and from the "Files Of
Type" drop down menu, the bitmapped image file types are no longer available
in the menu. I have been using this program for many years and has always
been ok. Now since having to reinstall my Operating System and then Publisher
98, it no longer works.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Jeff, Are you still using ULead to view your images? Could be ULead is not opening
> these images properly or just may not be compatible with XP. Associate the images
> with a different program, maybe Windows Picture and Fax Viewer or the Irfanview link
> I suggested in an earlier post.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> > I am using Publisher 98 and Windows XP. I could not find detect and repair
> > under help so I went to the Microsoft site and did the update registry
> > function. I then restarted the computer and am still unable to import any
> > bitmapped images from my hard drive into the Publisher program. I did clear
> > the internet cache as you suggeusted but still no success.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Do a "detect and repair", it is under help.
> >> Associate the files with another program, such as www.irfanview.com (free), some
> >> images need the plug-ins, download those too.
> >> Did you empty your Internet cache? In IE, tools, Internet options, delete files.
> >>
> >> What version Publisher? Windows?
> >> Image does not appear in thumbnail view after removing Office
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292499
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JeffGor (10)
6/1/2005 3:06:02 AM
Did you rename the graphics filters to old and replace them? Re-installing doesn't
mean they will be overwritten. Does the Clip Gallery work okay? Can you insert a
bitmap from the Gallery? Try inserting a photo from the Gallery, could be this will
set the filters.
How about your video driver, is it current? Did you upgrade your printer driver?
Publisher saves all this information within each publication.
When you open Publisher, turn off the detailed display, if it is a video issue, the
picture will might import, you just won't be able to see it.
Slide  the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings
tab, advance button, troubleshoot tab.
I'm inclined to believe your filters are faulty in the Office folder. If these images
open okay in a viewer, they should import okay into Publisher. Did you try the drag
and drop?
It could be a security issue. Disable your anti-virus software before opening
Publisher. Memory-resident programs or TSR (terminate-and-stay-resident) utilities
can conflict with the installation or usage of Microsoft Publisher.
Change the compatibility, right-click Publisher, compatibility tab...
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> iMary,
> I did associate the files with WIndows Picture & Fax viewer several days ago
> as you suggested and that did not work. I have also since removed ULEAD from
> my hard drive (I have been using Ulead with Win XP for over two years witout
> any problems). I still cannot get the options of importing .jpg,. bmp, or .
> gif files in Publisher. When I make ax image box and then double click it to
> insert an image, the "Insert Picture File" box opens and from the "Files Of
> Type" drop down menu, the bitmapped image file types are no longer available
> in the menu. I have been using this program for many years and has always
> been ok. Now since having to reinstall my Operating System and then Publisher
> 98, it no longer works.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Jeff, Are you still using ULead to view your images? Could be ULead is not opening
>> these images properly or just may not be compatible with XP. Associate the images
>> with a different program, maybe Windows Picture and Fax Viewer or the Irfanview
>> link
>> I suggested in an earlier post.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> > I am using Publisher 98 and Windows XP. I could not find detect and repair
>> > under help so I went to the Microsoft site and did the update registry
>> > function. I then restarted the computer and am still unable to import any
>> > bitmapped images from my hard drive into the Publisher program. I did clear
>> > the internet cache as you suggeusted but still no success.
>> >
>> > Jeff

0
gsauer (5094)

picture is not showing up in Excel
I have a picture that is in an Excel worksheet. I can see the handles and if I move the handles some, the picture will show up. However, it will not show up in print preview at all or page break preview. I can open the same file on another computer and it will show up fine. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Check Tools -> Options ->General Do you have "Show All" selected for Objects? "cab58" wrote: > I have a picture that is in an Excel worksheet. I can see the handles > and if I move the handles some, the picture will show up. However, it > will...

Publisher can't Save
We have a PC with a 2 gig hard drive (C) and a 20 gig hard drive (D). We installed Publisher on the bigger drive, since C only had about 100 meg free. We are having a problem trying to save to D, it tells us the drive is full but there are 11 gig available. I am thinking that the Undo support may be automatically saving the file to C as changes are made and it gets filled up; when we try to save Publisher to D it gets confused. We have the same error message trying to save the 36K file to a blank 1.4 meg floppy as A. We are running Publisher 2002 pretty much as it came out of the box. I d...

Embedded pictures
Hello! I noticed that the when we set the picture property of a button or another control as embedded, it takes a lot of place. Is there an explication that show why the Access file encrease in size by more than the picture size (even if it is a bitmap, a format that is normaly heavy) Exemple: An mdb without picture would take 4 MB the same file with pictures would increase to 40 MB with only 400 KB of pictures. In JPEG format. Is it because Access uses a non efficient compression to include the image file? Thank you in advance for any suggestion! PS: I know that I can set the pictur...

Conditional Formating & Rand() function
Hi there, I have an Excel 97 (I know, not my fault - blame work!) workbook wit the following column headings: ID, NAME, ADDRESS ID is numbered with integers from 1-9 and the others populated a appropriate. I have created a random number in a cell away from this data (A13, a it happens), using =RAND()*(9-1)+1 As you all no doubt know, this creates a random number between 1 & 9 The number it produces is not an integer, and is, I have little doubt the root of my problem. What I wanted to do was apply conditional formatting such that if th number produced by the random function = th...

Pictures don't print in outlook 2000 or 97
How do I get pictures to print when I print messages for Outlook 2000 or Outlook 97. I'm using XP Home. Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, Have you checked to make sure you have all of the latest Windows and Office Service Packs installed? I remember this issue from a whle back, and it was corrected in one of the service pack releases. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >From: socialism001@yahoo.com >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook >Subject: Pictures don't...

Reinstalling Office Home and Student 2007
I installed Office Home and Student onto 3 computers. I had to take my laptop in to get fixed and they had to wipe the hard drive. I now have to install Office Home and Student 2007 back onto my laptop for school. Can I put it back onto my computer since it has already been used three times or do I have to buy a new Office Home and Student2007 to reinstall onto my computer? Install it, use phone activation if neccessay The licence is for 3 concurrent working installations and not 3 installs "jfro" <jfro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2661C38...

Inserting picture from "My Pictures"
When I add a pic from "My pictures" the entire picture does not appear on the slide and when I try to format it it is impossible to get it back to the same pic I am attempting to add. If I am trying to add a pic I might only get a nose or a blade of grass instead of the original picture from "My Pictures". Reduce the zoom to 10%. Coul be a too large image "PP Neophyte" <PP Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: CA5F97E6-D4D8-401B-B066-E261024F082F@microsoft.com... > When I add a pic from "My pictures" t...

Formatting Trademark symbol in merge
Using Word 2002 as data source. Publisher 2002 document. All data formatted correctly in Word, including Trademark symbols, � symbol, System mark, and some company names with sub and or superscript. When data merged into Publisher formatting lost. Autocorrect will not work on merge fields. How can I get the formatting to be maintained or at least updated when merged to Publisher? Formatting does not come through in a Merge. -- Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from RHF <rharris@udsmr.org> > Using Word 2002 as data source. Publi...

Picture in Publisher
When inserting pictures in publisher the picture does not show. I can see the frame. The same thing when I load a publisher file created by someone else. All the inserted pictures does not show. View>pictures is set to detailed display. Any suggestions for a solution? -- Thor Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Thor" <Thor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Word Formatting
I need help with Word X. I have 2 documents that I am lately frequently trying to merge to a single PDF file. The files are a resume and a cover letter. I have the docs separate for most purposes, but occasionally want to create one file. Here's the problem.....when I try to cut/paste one into the other I loose most formatting (font size/spacing/colors) from the pasted document. I have tried all options in the "paste special" section to no avail..... Anyone have a workaround? Suggestion? MIKE T Well, to keep your formatting you would insert a section break before inser...

+24 hours time format
Hi. What's the easiest way to format a cell showing +24 hours? I'd like to calculate with times bigger that 24 hours (e.g. 122:22:33). How can I do this? Thanks, -- Georges Heinesch Georges Heinesch;220497 Wrote: > Hi. > > What's the easiest way to format a cell showing +24 hours? > > I'd like to calculate with times bigger that 24 hours (e.g. > 122:22:33). > > How can I do this? > > Thanks, > > -- > Georges Heinesch Try [h]:mm:ss as format -- Pecoflyer Cheers - *'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)*...

picture in picture
Have to digital pictures & would like to put a couple of people on one picture into the other picture. How do i do this? Anyone got any ideas? TIA "ted medin" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message news:OaNwFXQeKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Have to digital pictures & would like to put a couple of people on one > picture into the other picture. How do i do this? Anyone got any ideas? > TIA Well not with Vista. You need a Graphic editing application. The Gimp may be able to do this. (It's free, Open Source but is a bit tricky yo get to lear...

The Publish and Delete buttons are too close
In CRM v3.0, under the Customize Entities page where you Publish your changes. This viewbar has the buttons in this order: New | Publish | Delete | More Actions The Publish and Delete buttons are next to each other which lends itself to accidentally deleting an entity you wanted to publish. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the ...

format cell #3
I have this in a cell; "2 vs 3" (without quotes), I want to find and replace it with "2 - 3" (without quotes). When I do this it either turns it into a date or a string of five numbers. I have formatted the cell to be "text" or "general" yet it still converts to a date or a string of numbers. I would appreciate any help, thank WAB WAB, Try replacing with '2 - 3. Using the single quote at the beginning will force to maintain the text. Don't worry, the sinqle quote will not show in the cell. HTH, Paul "wab" <anonymous@discus...

Formatting Cell #2
I have a block of text that I auto corrected and shows corrected in the Normal view. However, when I preview the sheet there is space between cell above it and the text in my cell. I want the text to come all the way up against the cell above it. How do I fix this? Format-Cells-Alignment tab. Set the vertical text alignment to "top." "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bedc01c46905$2321d7f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a block of text that I auto corrected and shows > corrected in the Normal view. However, when I preview t...

Picture Link
Appreciate some help here and thanks in advance. I link my pictures to the following folders C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Desktop\Picture.jpg C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\My Documents\Picture.bmp My code: If Me!pic1a = "X" Then Forms!startpg!fmpPic!Img.Picture = "" Else Forms!startpg!fmpPic!Img.Picture = Me!pic1a End If It works on my PC but when I copied the program to another PC, it does not work. This is because of "MyName" and the other PC has a different name. Is there a way to ignore "MyName" for any PCs Regards "ChoonBoy&quo...

Creating a plugin for supporting my own file base format.
I need a way, how to create a plugin that will add itself to 'Open' and 'Save' dialog's 'Format' comboboxes, like docx support addon does. I've already write a code how to open and save my file format, but I can't imagine how to add this filter to filtergroups, and then how to work with a sheet when file would be opening, because as I noticed, using Book.ActiveSheet.Item[i, j] is not the best way to do it due to that method used CPU in 100% and froze Excel till whole file would be open. ...

Can I upgrade Home Publisher 2000 for Vista?
I want to load Home Publisher 2000 onto my Vista computer. Is there an upgrade available to do this? Home Publisher is not Publisher. And there certainly isn't any upgrades. You could try installing Home Publisher and using the compatibility feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "cablecardmaker" <cablecardmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFBBD487-412A-47D8-8950-FBA65BE7A046@microsoft.com... >I want to load Home Publisher 2000 onto my Vista computer. Is there an > upgrade available to do this? > ...

Sending pictures with text and then another picture with text.
I receive some e-mails with text and then a picture with more text and again a picture. Some of these will have 8 to 10 pictures with text under each picture. But when I send it out it is received with all of the text in a group and the pictures are all sent as attachments. How do I get my e-mails to send the pictures and text the way I receive them? Thanks for any help you can give me. Bob ...

Formatting Numbers as text
We are having a problem with numbers stored as text in Excel 2002. If a cell is explicitly formatted as text, and a number is inserted; then automatic error checking inserts a comment indicating that the number is stored as text and offering to fix it. The fact that this is not an error and the field is actually a text field containing numeric information is immaterial to Excel, it wants to fix the problem for us. On a bright note, however, is that it recognizes the field as text. If a cell is not explicitly formatted as text, and a number is inserted; then Excel assumes that it is a number....

Excel
Text pasted into a cell from Word or other software will keep the formats including carriage returns, line numbers, tabs, etc. Can text be typed into a cell with control characters that will force this type of formating? -- mwaller If I understood your question correctly - you might try hitting Alt+Enter in order to go to a new line in the same cell Micky "mwaller" wrote: > Text pasted into a cell from Word or other software will keep the formats > including carriage returns, line numbers, tabs, etc. > Can text be typed into a cell with control charac...

trying to email with publisher
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

Converting Publisher Files to Adobe InDesign or Other?
Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe format or another workable format (unlike PDF)? Thanks. Nope. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146353310.179083.53630@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe > format or another workable format (unlike PDF)? > > > Thanks. > Text can be copied and pasted to Notepad and the copied and pasted to the other format... "ingenious" <chaysster@gmai...

Can I use 'or' in conditional formatting?
I'd like to have 4 conditions, Red, Yellow, and Green. But I have two conditions for green, without using two conditions for green is there a way to use OR somehow to beat the limit? Thanks, Norm PS Win2000 + XL2002 Sure ... just click on "Formula Is", and you can use "OR" for more then two conditions. For example: =OR(A1=2,A1=4,A1="good",A1="bad") Will trigger the set format if "any" of the above equate to "True". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all corr...

question about Notes and formatting
Want to use Notes for recording calls and messages for people that aren't there to answer their phones. My question really is one of formatting. I can make a "Note template" that contains titles for the basic stuff like... Caller: Message: Contact number: But is there a way i can format this so that you press the TAB key to get to the next "field"? ...