Photos on poster preview change position when printed. Why?

I am trying to print out a poster.  In print preview, everything looks great.
 When printed any pictures that are split by a page break - the lower half of
the picture changes its alignment from angled to straight but the top portion
is angled and therefore cannot be match up.  Why?  How do I stop this?

Could be your printer rollers are not picking up the paper correctly. Publisher
doesn't skew publications. You are experiencing printer issues.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Churchmouse" <Churchmouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print out a poster.  In print preview, everything looks great.
> When printed any pictures that are split by a page break - the lower half of
> the picture changes its alignment from angled to straight but the top portion
> is angled and therefore cannot be match up.  Why?  How do I stop this?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Is there a Print Preview without using the Preview app?
Is there a way to see what a document will look like on a printed page while working within Office? I know I can do Print>Preview, but that views the document in Preview, not in Office. "Office" is a suite of applications programs - knowing which of those programs you're referring to would make it a bit easier to answer your question:) In general, however, Office never has done the printing & the current Apple guidelines for printing allow for the apps to no longer have to provide a preview service which was [and is] generated by the OS & printer driver in the first ...

Negative numbers turn positive automatically on data entry
When I try to enter a negative number into excel, the number turns positive as soon as I enter it. I have tried deleting book1.xlt to remove any bogus formatting but this problem appears to be some sort of default setting that I do not know about. After the number turns positive, what do you see in the formula bar for that cell? If it still shows negative there, then maybe it's just a formatting problem. Format|cells|number tab|make it general. If it really shows positive, then it sounds like you may have a macro that's helping out. Can you reopen your workbook with macros disa...

Change DN
Hi there. I think my message was posted in a wrong parts. So i try again here. the question is : Is there a way to rename the DN to be the same with Alias name ? Thanks for help. On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:31:02 -0800, Roeun <Roeun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there. I think my message was posted in a wrong parts. So i try again here. > >the question is : Is there a way to rename the DN to be the same with Alias >name ? > >Thanks for help. You mean the legacyExchangeDN? Why? i mean for Distinguish Name in Exch 5.5 . Users, once left the enterprise, his...

Nothing happens when a user change time on a serviceactivity
When one of our users is changing time on a serviceactivity nothing happens in the schedule. But when I look at the serviceactivity a little bit later I can see the change. When I create a serviceactivity the time is changing directly.. Does anyone know why? Is it the field "Show time as waiting" that is the case? ...

Question about automatically changing the cell�s color
How could I make the cell changes its color automatically based on the type of information I enter. Thanks, for any help almufadda@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try Conditional Formatting (CD) For example: Suppose you want the cell's background color to change to light green if the value entered is > 10 Click on A1 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Set under Condition 1: Cell Value Is | greater than | 10 Click Format b...

Controlling page change in a report
I have an Access report that prints the contents of a memo field that can often be very long - sometimes 2 or 3 full pages. My problem is that if one memo finishes at the top of a page and is followed by another long one - one that will go over to the next page - it skips to the top of the next page without beginning the new memo. Is there a property I can set, or some other method, that will cause the new memo to fill up the current page? Thanks in advance, Jerry Natkin Jerry Natkin wrote: >I have an Access report that prints the contents of a memo field that can >often be v...

Change the location that Excel refreshes data from
My supervisor put an interactive spreadsheet (or pivot table) on the web. Now he wants me to make changes to the spreadsheet so that when you click "Refresh" on the website, this spreadsheet gets new data from me rather than from my supervisor. How do I do this? ...

photo
hi, i want to display a detail text over my picture in publisher when the mouse is roll over it. can anyone help me? -- MCP JOJO There is no built-in way of doing this. You can, and should add the ALT tag to each picture, but that will not show with a mouseover. It is there for text readers. You can get the tool tips to work using javascript. Google "javascript tooltips" and try some of that code. Use the insert html code fragment feature. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.c...

Print preview problem... #6
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. -- Tim. ...

If expired, change color
Hi Guys, Using Excel 2000. I have a sheet that has dates of annual and bi-annual certificates. I would like the font color to change if the date on the sheet is expired. Can I set this up by column since some columns expire in 1 year and others in 2? The other issue is that if the certificate date is 10/15/05, the actual expiration date is at the end of the month for both 1 and 2 year renewals. Thanks, Linda I suggest that you explicitly include both the issue and expiration dates in separate cells. If the issue date is in A1, then the expiration date is : =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MON...

print only odd or even page
Is there a way to print only odd or even pages in Excel? There is such a feature in the Print dialog box of MS Word, but I don't see it in Excel. Any - simple - solution? Thx, Romain Romain, Excel doesn't have this capability. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Romain" <lerome@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0ca801c37dbc$9fcf1c20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print only odd or even pages in Excel? > There is such a feature in the Print dialog box of MS > Word, but I don't see it in ...

Why did my font size change?
I have been using Outlook 2007 for 3 years now and everything has been find. The other day I must have did a shortcut or something but the font size in the notes section in my contact records are large now. It's annoying since I have to scroll to see the notes within the contact. Also when I compose a new email or reply to a new email, everything is large there too. All the records are large now so it has to be a global setting I'd assume. Can anyone please tell me how to change it back to the default font size or smaller size it was at? (I went to options and every...

How can I email my photos including captions from Windows photo
How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. Open your photos in Paint or a similar program, use the text tool. Save. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce1950" <Bruce1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80567ADA-54A0-40CF-B22C-B0AA944AAB7D@microsoft.com... > How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? > > When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. ...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

photos

photo in frame
when I have created an ovale frame, can I insert a photo in this frame so it just fits into the ovale and not get out of the frame? -- coku What version Publisher? Draw an oval with the autoshapes, select the oval, fill, fill effects, picture tab. In Publisher 2000, insert, picture, new drawing, it will be the same as above. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "coku" <coku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0052F18-EA89-4313-B489-E2BFAF62BC3A@microsoft.com... > when I have created a...

IE8 main web pages content not showing in print preview and not printing ?
XP Home SP3+ ...all up to date, ....when I print or print preview (Epson R300) a page like :- http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/selfservice/forwardrendererurl.jsp?DocId=230315 items on the left of the web page and the top part of the first page show up, and the end part of the last/3rd page but, the main content on the 3 pages is blank ! http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/com.instranet.InstraServlet?Command=com.instranet.CmdBlobGet&DocId=166652&SecMode=1&Admin=0&FieldName=DescriptionDesc&DocLinkParams=First%7Ctrue%7CMoreSection%7Cfalse%7CFilterName%7C...

CRM 4, Rollup 5
We are trying to install rollup 5 on some of our PCs (the server upgrade was successful) and on most of them the installation seems to have been successful (the success screen is displayed) but the version number displayed in Outlook 2003 when the CRM button is clicked shows 4.0.7333.3 rather than the expected 4.0.7333.1644. Is there an issue with installing rollup 5 that we are unaware of? We have not installed any previous rollups but the KB article says 5 is incremental and the earlier rollups are not required. OS: XP Pro SP2 Outlook: 2003 SP3 Thanks, Tony. ...

Envelopes will not print using mail merge.
Mail merge will not pring envelopes. The same information can be printed in list form. I will appreciate any help. Thank you. And that is all you can tell us about the problem ? Does your printer have a separate tray for envelopes. How are the envelopes defined (form) to MS Word. My page on Mail Merge is specifically oriented to printing labels but you might check it out. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http:/...

Change default owner of mailboxes
Hello, when a mailbox is newly created in Exchange 2000, the creator of the mailbox mailbox is automatically made the owner of the respective mailbox, if he/she is not member of the domain admins group. Is there any way to define a default owner for mailboxes regardless of who created the mailboxes? I would like to prevent those persons from being able to manipulate the default permissions of mailboxes, what seems to be impossible, as even an explicit deny does not prevent them from doing so... Thanks in advance for the help. Markus ?? When you create a mailbox in E2K, you are creating att...

Photo magic
Hi, I am now using Vista, however the program I use to manage my photos [ photo magic] won't email my photos. I can select the photos, resize etc., and when I click to send I get a message saying the user has cancelled the email, can anybody help please. -- Doug ...

Changing a backbround color when a criteria is met.
I need a formula or conditional statement that will change the background color of cell C2 from none to light gray when cel G1 on worksheet Trans_type is 5 times then amount of that same cell (G1 on worksheet Trans_type). Thanks for the help. Steve Look at Conditional Formatting in XL Help. In article <Dkfdb.24727$jO.16864@bignews3.bellsouth.net>, "Steve Cohen" <sacohen@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I need a formula or conditional statement that will change the background > color of cell C2 from none to light gray when cel G1 on worksheet > Trans_type is 5 ti...

hyperlinks change when I sort my database
I am making an 800 plant database for a nursery and need to update the new plants they get from time to time I linked each specific plant and it's information to it's corresponding image of that plant whenever I add new plants I sort my database, I just now realized that when I alphabetize/sort, the images our not the original ones that i had previously chosen. How do I make it so that the hyperlinks dont change when I sort. nevermind I figured it out I was Hyperlinking the rows not specific cells ...

Print preview doesn't go past column FB. Why?
I am working with a flowchart that was created by someone else. My problem is when printing to a plotter. The flowchart extends to column GU. When I look at a print preview, the flowchart ends at column FB. I've extended the page length to GU as to set the print to be 1 page in length. Since it will print on a plotter with 24" wide paper roll. I cannot find any settings that may limit me to column FB. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Change Investement Type
Friends How do I change an investment Type after it has certain transactions. I want to change a "Bond" type into "CD". I had wrongly entered it as bond when it was created. I searched and tried but couldn't succeed. Using Money 2004 Deluxe Thanks in advance Jay In microsoft.public.money, Jay wrote: > >How do I change an investment Type after it has certain transactions. > >I want to change a "Bond" type into "CD". I had wrongly entered it as bond >when it was created. > >I searched and tried but couldn't succe...