photoelements 5 opens by itself

working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps
opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I am calling for it. How do I
stop this behavior?
0
dickm (2)

Did you embed the photos? What is the format of the pictures? Did paste the
pictures from PhotoElements?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"dickm" <dickm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps
> opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I am calling for it. How do I
> stop this behavior?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
9/16/2008 10:06:44 AM
Hi Dick M
Try to look under the Add-ins option. It could be an Add-In. [Tools >
Add-ins] . If Listed under the Add-in option uncheck the option or you can
remove the same  ( would suggest you uncheck the option). Close and then trry
to open the publication once again.
Thanks and Regards
Neville (Blade Runner)

"dickm" wrote:

> working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps
> opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I am calling for it. How do I
> stop this behavior?

Excel does not open
I double click on an excisting Excel doc or just on the icon to open a blanck doc and it won't open. It just sits there and it doesn't respond. I ultimately have to end the task. Most of the time I'll also get an error message saying that there is insufficient memory. This is on a Win 98se pc, Office 2000 pro, P3 1Ghz, 512MB RAM, and 40GB hard drive with 30GB of available space. I have ran a repair on office but it didn't solve the problem. Could anyone please help me, Thanks... Here's a link that points at Chip Pearson's notes to help diagnose startup problems:...

Post Migration from 5.5 to 2003
Does anyone know of any gremlins relating to the "move mailbox" method from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I've got a group of users that use about 5 public folders for calendars and one of the members lost her permissions. I've gone in through Exchange System Manager and assign her Publishing Editor or even Owner permissions and she is added with the permissions, but when you close out and go back in, she is no longer in the permitted users list. There are only five other users on the list. Hi Bill, Check also: HOW TO: Migrate from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange...

Exchange 5.5 #5
When trying to change something under the Configuration, I get 3161 Security violation? Help ...

excel: How to set up a formula for a range of numbers ie. 3.5-5..
in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed to be counted ie. phos levels between 3.5-5.5 I can't find a formula to support this. Can you help "LadyK974" wrote: > in a spreadsheet i have a range of numbers that needed > to be counted ie. phos levels between 3.5-5.5 I can't > find a formula to support this. You're a little light on details. A concrete example might help to ensure a clear understanding of your needs. If you have "phos levels" in the range A1:A100 and you want to determine how many are between 3.5 and 5.5...

my excel document won't open unless i go file, then open
I am unable to just click a saved excel document and it opens, I have to open the excel program and then go thru file then open and browse to the document Try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In...

Newsletter in Publisher cannot be opened
Hi - I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff. We were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot open the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it indicated that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it. I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a news...

Ms Exchange 5.5 decomissioning
Hello, I do have two MS Exchange 5.5 servers and I would like to remove one of them, the first one installed in our site. I already moved all Public Folders and mailboxes to the new server. I am wondering if I need to do something before removing the old MS Exchange 5.5 server using http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189286/EN-US/. Thank you, Ovidiu Tanjala ...

Exchange 5.5 public store limits
I have a bit of a problem here. I have a client unwilling to upgrade - they are currently running Exchange 5.5. Twice in the past month they ave received error 1216 stating their public folder has surpassed the 16,384MB limit and their exchange services begin dying. Here's the strange thing- when I go to PUB1.edb in the mdbdata folder, that file is actually only 160MB, or 163, 484KB. I've used properties to make sure my math isn't just bad and indeed it converts to 160MB not 16000MB, 16GB. I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong file, or what but I just can't ...

photoelements 5 opens by itself
working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I am calling for it. How do I stop this behavior? Did you embed the photos? What is the format of the pictures? Did paste the pictures from PhotoElements? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dickm" <dickm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB6E4F9-1641-4F85-9518-1DEEAEC4676A@microsoft.com... > working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps > opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I ...

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

DIR + Open Dbase
Hi i have two databases one (source) exports to another table the second (search) is linked to the second table. the Export from the source happens when the dabase is closed. No problems so far i have linked the search dbase and the table(could be several) problem is if they are both source and seach are open the source database crashes because it is trying to export to the table. what i am thinking of doing is checking if the search is open if it is stop the export if closed export i have been told that i could check using the DIr function Could anyone tell me how to do this using VB o...

how to open a file use its full directory in access 2003
i know how to active an exe file by Shell() function, but if i want to open the file has the directory like "c:\my document\001.jpg ", which function should i use, i try shell() too, but it does not work, and tell me the argument is wrong. would you please tell me how to open the file excepte the exe file, thanks any help wil be appreciate Shell works for an executable. To start a document with whatever program program is registered to handle it, use FollowHyperlink. If you prefer an API call, use ShellExecute: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm To get FollowH...

Pictures #5
When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you can only open one at a time in photo editor. Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures in the message area and when opened I will be able to scroll down for viewing? Thank you Mary Lou mlherrick@timrongear.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you > can only open one at a time in photo editor. > > Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures > in the message area and when opened I will be able to > scroll down for v...

find #5
is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a user can enter certain criterias and then they click search and the computer searches thorough the data in the workbook and then sends back all the results matching the criteria? In xl2002+, you can specify "within workbook" under the options button on the find dialog. In all versions, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ ash wrote: > > is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a > user can enter certain criterias and then they click > search and the computer s...

Unable to open #2
I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Office outlook. Unable to open outlook window. the set of folders could not be opened." First I restored the system to where I knew it was working. Then repaired Outlook, then removed Outlook and reinstalled with the original disk and updated as suggested. Still no start. Anyone got a suggestion. Jim Innes See if this article applies to your problem. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822503 -- Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc., CIW Certified Instructor "jdinnes_fra" <jdinnes_f...

Exchange 5.5 problems #2
Howdy: I am running an E 5.5 server on NT4 all patched A new porblem Howdy: I am running an E5.5 server on NT4 all patched A problem has come up where all the services are running and users who are connected to the E 5.5 work correctly, however, the E5.5 suddenly becomes "lost". Users who try to open outlook get: "information store cannot be opened" Trying to Check Name on the Outlook services gets: "Name cannot be resolved" The E5.5 responds to ping Opening the MEA gets an odd error message that Micro$oft has no answer, nor can I get an answer through goog...

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Error 5.5.5
Some clients email isn't allowed to come into the firms Exchane 2k spk 4 server. The error reads "Requested mail action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation". This user has a clean mailbox. and the mail doesn't come through. this happens to different account within our company. Please open up my understanding. Thank you. ...

Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??
We are currently having problems with our Exchange server 5.5 running service pack3. We want to migrate all the users settings to another server running windows 2000 server and using windows exchange server 5.5. What exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able to get all users settings from the old box??? If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server is up to it, then you can achieve the move with practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm Good luck, Chris www.msexchange.co.uk >----...

unable to change pass in Ex 5.5
Hi, Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of the users i am unable to change password from OWA giving error 2147023569. My certificate has expired. How can i resole this problem. Regards Darshan Didn't I answer your Tuesday's question? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/57456da2615b299e/03751d3b6b6dc287?lnk=st&q=insubject:Unbale+insubject:changing+insubject:password+insubject:from+insubject:OWA&rnum=1&hl=ru#03751d3b6b6dc287 Darshan Diora wrote: > Hi, > Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of th...

does not maximize on open
Hi Hope someone can help. I've noticed that sometime when I open Excel, it does not maximize on screen.I have to click it again in task bar to maximize it.I'm not sure if this is a Windows problem or Excel. Thanks for help Barb Excel is designed to re-open in the same window state as it closed. I've never noticed a problem with this. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

RMS 2.0 #5
Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was activated to back office computer instead of the POS. How can i correct this? What is the procedure to deactivate the product key at the back office and re-activate it at POS? Please help, very urgent! Thank you! You need to call Microsoft and move the license. Use the number under the Help file in any RMS module. They should be able to help you. "Francis Reyes" wrote: > Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was > activated to back office computer instead of the ...

relay 5.5 to 5.5?
Hello, We have an Exchange 5.5 server running in a Chicago office that has ATT DSL. The server sends out mail on users behalf. ATT refuses to make DNS entry for server because "they own the IP address". As a result, some customers refuse to accept mail from the mail server because it won't resolve on a reverse DNS lookup. This office gets it's mail from us in Boston. People send email to our domain, and our Exchange server routes it to those users as they are set up as Custom Recipients. This works great. Is there any way to set up Exchange 5.5 to send mail fr...

password to open outlook #3
Is there : 1) a way to password protect Outlook to open it (similar to OE)? (not the password to get the email on the server but to open it up initially). 2) a way to have multiple identities in Outlook (similar to OE)? Carl ...

Outlook 2002 error #5
Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are confirmed addresses. Thanks for the help. Do you get any error messages when trying to receive? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:699701c3e6c9$ec970100$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming > mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are > confirmed addr...