PDF question

Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in Publisher),
and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people that way.  I
know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did it, the fonts in
(small) sections on two of the pages were garbled.  In one instance it was
an unusual font, so I thought that might be the problem.  But in the other
instance it's not an unusual font.  Is there any way I can change/correct
the garbled font?  I have Adobe Acrobat reader 5.0.   Seems like I might
have tried to upgrade a while back and it didn't "take" ? ?   (When
something is a download, I only have dial-up and if it's too slow it cuts
off and won't finish.

0
joymp2 (71)

What fonts were giving your problems?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
> Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in
> Publisher), and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people
> that way.  I know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did
> it, the fonts in (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled.  In
> one instance it was an unusual font, so I thought that might be the
> problem.  But in the other instance it's not an unusual font.  Is there
> any way I can change/correct the garbled font?  I have Adobe Acrobat
> reader 5.0.   Seems like I might have tried to upgrade a while back and it
> didn't "take" ? ?   (When something is a download, I only have dial-up and
> if it's too slow it cuts off and won't finish.

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/4/2008 9:08:11 PM
The first one is "Andy" and the other is "Abadi MT Condensed".

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
> What fonts were giving your problems?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in
>> Publisher), and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people
>> that way.  I know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did
>> it, the fonts in (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled.  In
>> one instance it was an unusual font, so I thought that might be the
>> problem.  But in the other instance it's not an unusual font.  Is there
>> any way I can change/correct the garbled font?  I have Adobe Acrobat
>> reader 5.0.   Seems like I might have tried to upgrade a while back and
>> it didn't "take" ? ?   (When something is a download, I only have dial-up
>> and if it's too slow it cuts off and won't finish.

0
joymp2 (71)
4/4/2008 9:33:32 PM
A good practice when upgrading Adobe Reader is to first uninstall the
existing version then install the new version.

(You may like PDF Viewer by Tracker Software better; it's better than Baskin
& Robins "Gold Medal Ribbon"}

http://www.docu-track.com/

--
Don - Vancouver, USA
"May your shadow be found in happy places." - Native North American

"Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
> Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in
> Publisher), and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people
> that way.  I know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did
> it, the fonts in (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled.  In
> one instance it was an unusual font, so I thought that might be the
> problem.  But in the other instance it's not an unusual font.  Is there
> any way I can change/correct the garbled font?  I have Adobe Acrobat
> reader 5.0.   Seems like I might have tried to upgrade a while back and it
> didn't "take" ? ?   (When something is a download, I only have dial-up and
> if it's too slow it cuts off and won't finish.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
4/4/2008 11:10:19 PM
(I'm using Pub 2007 but I think it's the same in 2003.)

Tools - Commercial Printing Tools - Fonts

Look for your fonts. Can they be embedded? Are they embedded?

--

> The first one is "Andy" and the other is "Abadi MT Condensed".
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>> What fonts were giving your problems?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>>> Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in
>>> Publisher), and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people
>>> that way.  I know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did
>>> it, the fonts in (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled.  In
>>> one instance it was an unusual font, so I thought that might be the
>>> problem.  But in the other instance it's not an unusual font.  Is there
>>> any way I can change/correct the garbled font?  I have Adobe Acrobat
>>> reader 5.0.   Seems like I might have tried to upgrade a while back and
>>> it didn't "take" ? ?   (When something is a download, I only have
>>> dial-up and if it's too slow it cuts off and won't finish.

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/4/2008 11:34:50 PM
I found them in the list of fonts under Tools - Commercial Printing Tools.
I'm not real clear what embedded means.  (Sorry).  Which brings to mind
another question I have.  Someone else does this newsletter and she sends it
to me for proofreading.   Each time I open it in Publisher, I get a window
saying (in this case), "The font info below shows what fonts are embedded in
your publication or are unavailable".  So I just checked the two fonts
(Calibri and Lucida Grande) on that same list and they are there.  Those two
in that list both say Unknown-Unavailable-Unknown in the 3 columns.   The
other two (Andy and Abadi MT Condensed) say, "TrueType-System-May Embed".
So where do I go from here?

> (I'm using Pub 2007 but I think it's the same in 2003.)
>
> Tools - Commercial Printing Tools - Fonts
>
> Look for your fonts. Can they be embedded? Are they embedded?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> The first one is "Andy" and the other is "Abadi MT Condensed".
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>> What fonts were giving your problems?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message

0
joymp2 (71)
4/5/2008 7:06:35 PM
Embedding allows the font to be seen in "all it's glory" by all recipients.
If you can't/don't embed a fancy font and the file is viewed by someone
without that font, they don't see that font. It'll be substituted with
something else or I've seen it substitute nothing. You get these weird empty
spaces. Some fonts allow you to embed, some don't.

--

>I found them in the list of fonts under Tools - Commercial Printing Tools.
>I'm not real clear what embedded means.  (Sorry).  Which brings to mind
>another question I have.  Someone else does this newsletter and she sends
>it to me for proofreading.   Each time I open it in Publisher, I get a
>window saying (in this case), "The font info below shows what fonts are
>embedded in your publication or are unavailable".  So I just checked the
>two fonts (Calibri and Lucida Grande) on that same list and they are there.
>Those two in that list both say Unknown-Unavailable-Unknown in the 3
>columns.   The other two (Andy and Abadi MT Condensed) say,
>"TrueType-System-May Embed". So where do I go from here?
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>> (I'm using Pub 2007 but I think it's the same in 2003.)
>>
>> Tools - Commercial Printing Tools - Fonts
>>
>> Look for your fonts. Can they be embedded? Are they embedded?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>>> The first one is "Andy" and the other is "Abadi MT Condensed".
>>>

>>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/5/2008 7:18:59 PM
So basically I should embed those fonts, then?  And that should eliminate
the garbling when I make it a .pdf?

> Embedding allows the font to be seen in "all it's glory" by all
> recipients. If you can't/don't embed a fancy font and the file is viewed
> by someone without that font, they don't see that font. It'll be
> substituted with something else or I've seen it substitute nothing. You
> get these weird empty spaces. Some fonts allow you to embed, some don't.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>>I found them in the list of fonts under Tools - Commercial Printing Tools.
>>I'm not real clear what embedded means.  (Sorry).  Which brings to mind
>>another question I have.  Someone else does this newsletter and she sends
>>it to me for proofreading.   Each time I open it in Publisher, I get a
>>window saying (in this case), "The font info below shows what fonts are
>>embedded in your publication or are unavailable".  So I just checked the
>>two fonts (Calibri and Lucida Grande) on that same list and they are
>>there. Those two in that list both say Unknown-Unavailable-Unknown in the
>>3 columns.   The other two (Andy and Abadi MT Condensed) say,
>>"TrueType-System-May Embed". So where do I go from here?
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>> (I'm using Pub 2007 but I think it's the same in 2003.)
>>>
>>> Tools - Commercial Printing Tools - Fonts
>>>
>>> Look for your fonts. Can they be embedded? Are they embedded?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message

0
joymp2 (71)
4/5/2008 7:47:44 PM
Yes. If you'd like, I have neither of those fonts. You are welcome to send
me a test .pdf to see if I get a clean image or not.

--

> So basically I should embed those fonts, then?  And that should eliminate
> the garbling when I make it a .pdf?
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>> Embedding allows the font to be seen in "all it's glory" by all
>> recipients. If you can't/don't embed a fancy font and the file is viewed
>> by someone without that font, they don't see that font. It'll be
>> substituted with something else or I've seen it substitute nothing. You
>> get these weird empty spaces. Some fonts allow you to embed, some don't.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>>>I found them in the list of fonts under Tools - Commercial Printing
>>>Tools. I'm not real clear what embedded means.  (Sorry).  Which brings to
>>>mind another question I have.  Someone else does this newsletter and she
>>>sends it to me for proofreading.   Each time I open it in Publisher, I
>>>get a window saying (in this case), "The font info below shows what fonts
>>>are embedded in your publication or are unavailable".  So I just checked
>>>the two fonts (Calibri and Lucida Grande) on that same list and they are
>>>there. Those two in that list both say Unknown-Unavailable-Unknown in the
>>>3 columns.   The other two (Andy and Abadi MT Condensed) say,
>>>"TrueType-System-May Embed". So where do I go from here?
>>>
>>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/5/2008 7:59:50 PM
The Foxit Reader is also a good alternative: http://www.foxitsoftware.com
"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>A good practice when upgrading Adobe Reader is to first uninstall the
>existing version then install the new version.
>
> (You may like PDF Viewer by Tracker Software better; it's better than
> Baskin & Robins "Gold Medal Ribbon"}
>
> http://www.docu-track.com/
>

> --
> Don - Vancouver, USA
> "May your shadow be found in happy places." - Native North American
>

> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in
>> Publisher), and we'd like to convert it to PDF to send it to some people
>> that way.  I know how to do this (I have Primo PDF), but when I just did
>> it, the fonts in (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled.  In
>> one instance it was an unusual font, so I thought that might be the
>> problem.  But in the other instance it's not an unusual font.  Is there
>> any way I can change/correct the garbled font?  I have Adobe Acrobat
>> reader 5.0.   Seems like I might have tried to upgrade a while back and
>> it didn't "take" ? ?   (When something is a download, I only have dial-up
>> and if it's too slow it cuts off and won't finish.

0
Anthemwebs (309)
4/6/2008 2:08:48 AM
I think I checked the correct box to embed Andy and Abadi...    Then I
converted the publ. doc. to .pdf.   But (and this is the second time this
happened, although a third time it didn't), when I open it in .pdf it's only
showing the first and last pages of a 12 page (5� x 8�) newsletter.

> Yes. If you'd like, I have neither of those fonts. You are welcome to send
> me a test .pdf to see if I get a clean image or not.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> So basically I should embed those fonts, then?  And that should eliminate
>> the garbling when I make it a .pdf?
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>> Embedding allows the font to be seen in "all it's glory" by all
>>> recipients. If you can't/don't embed a fancy font and the file is viewed
>>> by someone without that font, they don't see that font. It'll be
>>> substituted with something else or I've seen it substitute nothing. You
>>> get these weird empty spaces. Some fonts allow you to embed, some don't.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message

0
joymp2 (71)
4/6/2008 5:50:05 PM
This is SO frustrating.  I just tried again without success.  I can't send
you a .pdf when it's only converting two pages.  Could I send you the file
as a .pub?  And which e-mail address do you want me to use/

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
> Yes. If you'd like, I have neither of those fonts. You are welcome to send
> me a test .pdf to see if I get a clean image or not.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> So basically I should embed those fonts, then?  And that should eliminate
>> the garbling when I make it a .pdf?
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>> Embedding allows the font to be seen in "all it's glory" by all
>>> recipients. If you can't/don't embed a fancy font and the file is viewed
>>> by someone without that font, they don't see that font. It'll be
>>> substituted with something else or I've seen it substitute nothing. You
>>> get these weird empty spaces. Some fonts allow you to embed, some don't.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message

0
joymp2 (71)
4/6/2008 6:19:09 PM
I can embed both Andy and Abadi subsets. I am not using the commercial printing
options. I am creating the booklet and going straight to the PDF print. All of
my pages are printing, none of the formatting is lost.
JoAnn's email is correct if you delete the words *no spam*.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> This is SO frustrating.  I just tried again without success.  I can't send you
> a .pdf when it's only converting two pages.  Could I send you the file as a
> .pub?  And which e-mail address do you want me to use/
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes. If you'd like, I have neither of those fonts. You are welcome to send me
>> a test .pdf to see if I get a clean image or not.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>>> So basically I should embed those fonts, then?  And that should eliminate
>>> the garbling when I make it a .pdf?
>>>
>>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/6/2008 7:27:45 PM
Thank you - I just got home from the grocery store and other errands.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>I can embed both Andy and Abadi subsets. I am not using the commercial
>printing options. I am creating the booklet and going straight to the PDF
>print. All of my pages are printing, none of the formatting is lost.
> JoAnn's email is correct if you delete the words *no spam*.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> This is SO frustrating.  I just tried again without success.  I can't
>> send you a .pdf when it's only converting two pages.  Could I send you
>> the file as a .pub?  And which e-mail address do you want me to use/
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes. If you'd like, I have neither of those fonts. You are welcome to
>>> send me a test .pdf to see if I get a clean image or not.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/6/2008 7:56:15 PM
Mary, I guess you read my "problem" at the beginning of the thread?  When I
tried to PDF a PUB file, those two fonts came out garbled in the PDF.

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>I can embed both Andy and Abadi subsets. I am not using the commercial
>printing options. I am creating the booklet and going straight to the PDF
>print. All of my pages are printing, none of the formatting is lost.
> JoAnn's email is correct if you delete the words *no spam*.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> This is SO frustrating.  I just tried again without success.  I can't
>> send you a .pdf when it's only converting two pages.  Could I send you
>> the file as a .pub?  And which e-mail address do you want me to use/
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes. If you'd like, I have neither of those fonts. You are welcome to
>>> send me a test .pdf to see if I get a clean image or not.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>>

>>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message

0
joymp2 (71)
4/6/2008 8:27:42 PM
Joy, Since I do have those two fonts installed I'd be glad to look at your
original Publisher file.
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary, I guess you read my "problem" at the beginning of the thread?  When I
> tried to PDF a PUB file, those two fonts came out garbled in the PDF.
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I can embed both Andy and Abadi subsets. I am not using the commercial
>>printing options. I am creating the booklet and going straight to the PDF
>>print. All of my pages are printing, none of the formatting is lost.
>> JoAnn's email is correct if you delete the words *no spam*.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>>> This is SO frustrating.  I just tried again without success.  I can't send
>>> you a .pdf when it's only converting two pages.  Could I send you the file
>>> as a .pub?  And which e-mail address do you want me to use/
>>>

>>> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/6/2008 9:38:09 PM
On Apr 5, 5:04=A0am, "Joy" <joy...@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote:
> Our (non-profit) organization puts out a newsletter (created in Publisher)=
,
> and we'd like to convert it toPDFto send it to some people that way. =A0I
> know how to do this (I have PrimoPDF), but when I just did it, the fonts i=
> (small) sections on two of the pages were garbled. =A0In one instance it w=
as
> an unusual font, so I thought that might be the problem. =A0But in the oth=
er
> instance it's not an unusual font. =A0Is there any way I can change/correc=
> the garbled font? =A0I have Adobe Acrobat reader 5.0. =A0 Seems like I mig=
ht
> have tried to upgrade a while back and it didn't "take" ? ? =A0 (When
> something is a download, I only have dial-up and if it's too slow it cuts
> off and won't finish.

Hi,

Perhaps your pdf file is damaged by generation. I think you can try a
utility called Advanced PDF Repair to repair your PDF file. It works
rather well for my damaged PDF files. Its web address is
http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/

Alan
0
fyz (26)
4/27/2008 2:23:43 PM
Alan wrote:
> Perhaps your pdf file is damaged by generation. I think you can try a
> utility called Advanced PDF Repair to repair your PDF file. It works
> rather well for my damaged PDF files. Its web address is
> http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/

Joy, in case you haven't noticed, Alan's email address is the same as
the web address for the product he is supposedly a "user" of. I'd advise
you to take his "advice" (read: advertising) with a pinch of salt.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Alan wrote:
>> Perhaps your pdf file is damaged by generation. I think you can try a
>> utility called Advanced PDF Repair to repair your PDF file. It works
>> rather well for my damaged PDF files. Its web address is
>> http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/
>
> Joy, in case you haven't noticed, Alan's email address is the same as the
> web address for the product he is supposedly a "user" of. I'd advise you
> to take his "advice" (read: advertising) with a pinch of salt.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
jl_paules (2767)

Resumes CV's / Top Interview Questions / References / Informational Site
RESUMEWRITERSGUIDE.COM is a website is designed for you to learn how to write a resume on your own. Hiring someone to do a resume is not enough learn how to do it on your own. If you do hire someone to help you write a resume this will help you guide the resume writer to put in the correct information for you to increase your chances on getting a job. People do need resume templates and resume samples as a base to get started on their resumes, but this information that I have on my site will help you fill in the resume / CV templates or resume / CV samples with the best information to present...

Package Deployment Registry Modification Question
I have an Access 2007 database that I want to deploy using the Runtime. When I launch the Package Deployment wizard, I know how to do most of the stuff. There are a couple of questions that have come up however. 1. When I specify the Root Install Folder as the System Drive (All Users), and the Install subfolder as Program Files\MicroVuParser, the Example Install location says C:\Program Files\MicroVuParser\MicroVuParser.accdr, which is where I want it to go. However, later in the wizard, it says; "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the followin...

PDF password
Can I send a PDF that requires a password to open? I want to send PDF files to an email account with multiple users, but only want selected users to be able to open the attachment. Outlook has no control over the security of a PDF file, that's handled by the PDF file creation software and the reader, but you can certainly e-mail the file to the recipients. Glenna wrote: > Can I send a PDF that requires a password to open? I want to send PDF files > to an email account with multiple users, but only want selected users to be > able to open the attachment. I...

Graphing Question #3
Greetings! I am trying to graph a set of data in 'XY (Scatter)' and am running into a problem I've never seen before. There are only seven values for 'X' - numbers 0 through 6. 'Y' is a set of percentages ranging from '0.00%' to '13.00%' I have about 7,000 of these pairs. When I graph this, I am not of seeing the six discreet bands of percentages that I would expect. For some reason, instead of graphing the 'X' value, it is graphing the order that the 'Y' value comes in the list. Instead of graphing: RATING INCREASE 4 ...

Userform question #3
Is it possible? instead of having the x disabled on a userform to have it fire up a userform instead? Thanks Greg Look at QUeryCloser in help for a form. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:d6242c$31e$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is it possible? > > instead of having the x disabled on a userform to have it fire up a userform > instead? > > Thanks > > Greg > > ...

pdf writer check
Hi, I want to add a button on a sheet that will print sheets 5-9 to a pdf file. I'm gonna have a play to try and work this out myself (I'm even gonna try and get it to calculate page numbers and create a contents page within the workbook! - any tips appreciated!!). Starting question I have that I certainly need help with is this: Is there some code I can write to identify whether or not the user has pdf writer installed on their machine? I want to disable the button on sheet activation if they don't have the appropriate software. Thanks! Basil If you talk a...

question
how I transfer a spreadsheet to the pocket pc? Not that I have any experience in this area, but I imagine the same way you would transfer any file to it. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <04f701c3b072$54fccd80$a101280a@phx.gbl>, elprieto69 @hotmail.com says... > how I transfer a spreadsheet to the pocket pc? > > ...

VB or macro question
Hi, I very familar with Excel but have not done much macro or VB programming. I would like to create a formula which will prompt for an input number, do a calculation (referring to specific cells on the spreadsheet) and place the result in the selected cell. Example: A2 = some_function(input number, a1,a3) I have to do this many times so what is the best way to automate this? TIA, -GB P.S. What is a good source of info on this kind of thing? This is a UDF (user defined function). To use place in a REGULAR module and on the sheet just type =multiplyit(12) to get 36. You may/may not nee...

NTDSNoMatch question
Hello, We are migrating 2 seperate 5.5 orgs into a new 2003 environment. I am not setting up the ADC but using migration wizard. My question is if I don't do the ADC will adding the NTDSNoMatch attibute still work when I go to use the migration wizard? Thanks, Jeremey Yes, All NTDSNoMatch does is add the attribute to custom attribute 10. -------------------- >Thread-Topic: NTDSNoMatch question >thread-index: AcVETN/hkWJLqv6MTvWZ9fcpPGaU0g== >X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 65.116.231.130 >From: "=?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW1leQ==?=" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> >Subj...

open a pdf file in excel
Is it possible to open or convert a pdf file into Excel? Hi dsa Look on this page from David McRitchie http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pdf.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "dsa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4F34E43-7ECC-4C9B-856C-DD631DE875EC@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to open or convert a pdf file into Excel? ...

Simple question: How do I REALLY delete all of my e-mails?
I'm getting ready to switch jobs, and I want to permanently delete all of my e-mails off of my current work PC. Obviously, I know that I need to first delete everything into the "Deleted" folder, and then delete the entire contents of that folder as well. BUT, I know that there's also some place in memory that STILL retains copies of all the deleted e-mails. So, my question is: Where exactly is that repository of supposedly "deleted" e- mails located and how/where do I go to TRULY "wipe it clean"? Thanks very much in advance for any help that you ...

"Conditinal Format" question?
Hi everyone, Say you want to do mapping using colors. Conditional Format allows you to use up to 3 colors (3 conditions)! Assuming you have more 6 conditions to color-map. Can you still use Conditional Format here? If so, how? Thanks, Mike Mike If your data are numbers, JE McGimpsey's site has a method for getting up to 6 CF. You can also use sheet event code to allow many colors. Example code.....adjust to suit. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim Num As Long Dim Rng As Range Dim vRngInput As Variant Set vRngInput = Intersect(Target, Ra...

Question on carets
Hi, I have a question regarding the carets in MFC.. I have a view class which has some data in it arranged in rows and columns.I select some data in the view.Suppose i select data containing 2nd entire row which has for eg. 5 columns.Now when i select this data and select edit a dialog box opens up.I want the caret position to be in the starting place wherein i have selected the rows.ie. when the edit dialog box opens up i want the caret position to be in the same row as selected in the view class(in this case the caret should be in the second row)... Can anybody help me on this!!!! Thanks ...

pdf
Good staff wanted to create a PDF in Visual C + +. Net, it would contain information from the database. He has to print what is in the form windows... dataset to pdf or GridView to pdf Is this a question? Does it have a point? Would it matter if the staff was evil? Do they still want to? If the question is "How can I create a PDF file?" the answer is to get any number of PDF printer drivers and simply open one and print to it. Alternatively, you can look for any number of open-source PDF converter. Google would be a good start. joe On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:49:01 -0700, Ma...

I want to ask this question
Could I post something about Microsoft Windows 7? hi Chan, On 18.03.2010 12:53, ChanTaiMan wrote: > Could I post something about Microsoft Windows 7? No, sorry, there is no newsgroup for Windows 7. Use http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx instead. mfG --> stefan <-- "ChanTaiMan" <danielnghk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#coVbGpxKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Could I post something about Microsoft Windows 7? > There are no Microsoft public newsgroups for Windows 7 support. However, there are web forums wh...

General Question
What a Microsoft CRM can do? Any documentation regarding that? -- TS start here for information http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/default.mspx "TS" <TS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1843B96-B665-4703-8D89-A7057E7E67D4@microsoft.com... > What a Microsoft CRM can do? Any documentation regarding that? > -- > TS See documentation and demos on http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/crm/product/microsoft_crm_product_information.mspx or read the http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com -- Microsoft CRM Expert - CRM & .Net Al...

.rtf and .pdf attachments on one pc
I have a user using outlook2000 with every service pack and patch known to man that will not open 2 attachments. The attachments are coming from an automatically generated email from an AS400 system. This user receives lots of other reports like this and has no problem opening them OTHER users get these same reports and open the attachments with no problem. when the user tries to open the attachment, it opens the system32 folder under the windows folder and that is all. I haven't a clue as to what to do about this problem. ...

Save Brochure as JPEG or PDF
Created Brochure in Publisher 2003. Tried to save as JPEG. JPEG only saves one of two pages. If display page two, JPEG will be page two only. Want to save both pages in one file to send. PDF will work as well. Required JPEG or PDF must keep colors of Brochure. Thanx in advance. Dan Dan wrote: > Created Brochure in Publisher 2003. Tried to save as JPEG. JPEG only > saves one of two pages. If display page two, JPEG will be page two > only. Want to save both pages in one file to send. PDF will work as > well. Required JPEG or PDF must keep colors of Brochure. Thanx in > advance...

newbie question: null
Hi, Pls bear with me as I am very new to C#. Would appreciate some insite on this: I have a string[][] A I have a method that goes something like this string[][] bla() string[][] x = null; { try { ...some code.. } catch { ...a COM exception.. } return x; } The idea being that I can check for null if an exception occurred, the exception itself is expected and I want to ignore it. (this is all in some loop) When I do A = bla(); and check for A with if (A != null), the code following will still run, even if (or so the debugger tells me), A is null. When...

Simple Chart Space Question
I am new to charts and I am trying to figure out how to remove white space in a chart where legend was? There was a legend on the right hand side of the page that I removed but now I can't seem to get rid of the white space on that side of the chart or readjust the page layout. I would appreciate anyone's help and I apologize for the newbie question. Click in the middle of the chart (the Plot Area), then drag the handles outward to shrink the margins. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tiffany&quo...

Gridview question
I've got a Gridview and a xmldatasource How can I show the gridview rows in reverse order? On Apr 8, 4:07=A0pm, "ArielF" <webmas...@gosierra.com> wrote: > I've got a Gridview and a xmldatasource > How can I show the gridview rows in reverse order? Use DataView where you can sort xml table as you need DataView dv =3D new System.Data.DataView(MyDataSet.Tables[0]); dv.Sort =3D "column1 DESC" GridView1.DataSource =3D dv; GridView1.DataBind(); Hope this helps ...

DST Question with Exchange 2000
Hello, For my own sanity, ( I hope I spelled that right) For an exchange 2000 server running OWA, there is no DST Patch? Windows 2000 sp4 use TMZedit. Just answer this question, please... Thank you, Koz Well, if you have current extended support with Microsoft for Exchange 2000 there is a patch. If not, then SOL. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "koz" <koz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2881EF0B-84DE-4DF4-B300-673113163CDC@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > For my own sanity, ( I hope I spelled ...

Question about removing a KB##### item
I suspect a recent update 6/11 KB982381 to IE 8 causing an issue. I'll skip the long reason. I have installed other items after this update. So when I go to remove the KB item via Control Panel, I get a message that a list of programs might not work after I do, about 10-12 items. Is this Microsoft's disclaimer or a real concern. I thought it was an easy thing to remove an update? I mean, it is easy, but I thought it was kinda idiot proof. TIA Big_Al wrote: > I suspect a recent update 6/11 KB982381 to IE 8 causing an issue. > I'll skip the long re...

Newbie Question
I created this flow chart with 1 big box and 3 little under it, then 1 big one under them and 3 more little under that one. And so on. It looks like this: X x x x X x x x etc What I would like to do is select all of the small x boxes and change the type of style of box and make it like a different one. Can anyone advise me on how to do this? I am good with Word, excel, access, powerpoint but new to Visio. Thanks, On 18 Apr 2006 14:53:50 -0700, "nospam@thankyou.com" <misscrf@yahoo.com> wrote: >I ...

Simple Question?
Gday Is it possible to transfer data from two columns 1000+ cells in each into a table 10 x 20 ie A1:B1000 change to A1:T100 so it becomes simpler to view and print? Thankyou again Ajay VBA comes to the rescue: Sub Xfer() 'Untested for i=1 to 2000 Range("A1:T100").cells(i) = range("A1:B1000").cells(i) Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP I'm leading a FREE 1-hour online Webinar on Excel Tips & Tricks. Dec 16, Jan 14, Jan 27 from 4-5PM (each session is the same). If interested, go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellow/orange "Try a free webinar&quo...