pdf file #16

I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am having
difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having difficulty viewing file
in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded because I am dial-up user. Person
with DSL has no problem.

What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I may
optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to pdf. Publisher
does not have resampling tool like FP does it?

I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then user would
have to print off each individual page instead of being able to print all
pages in pdf file.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Susan

0
Susan (148)

The best pdf creating program for making the smallest pdf files is
PDF-XChange. In a recent test PDF-XChange made a pub file 25% the size of
the same file created by Primopdf and 50% smaller than the same file made by
Adobe Acrobat. If interested you can get more information including a
"trial" version of PDF-XChange at;

http://www.docu-track.com/

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
> converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am
having
> difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having difficulty viewing
file
> in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded because I am dial-up user.
Person
> with DSL has no problem.
>
> What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
> Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I may
> optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to pdf.
Publisher
> does not have resampling tool like FP does it?
>
> I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then user
would
> have to print off each individual page instead of being able to print all
> pages in pdf file.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> Susan

0
Retired (261)
10/12/2004 11:14:09 AM
Thanks, I will have to try it. I spent time optimizing the pictures in the
..pub file with Adobe PE and then reconverted the file with Primopdf and
found out that it did not make much difference.

Susan
"Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB> wrote in message
> The best pdf creating program for making the smallest pdf files is
> PDF-XChange. In a recent test PDF-XChange made a pub file 25% the size of
> the same file created by Primopdf and 50% smaller than the same file made
by
> Adobe Acrobat. If interested you can get more information including a
> "trial" version of PDF-XChange at;
>
> http://www.docu-track.com/
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
> > converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am
> having
> > difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having difficulty viewing
> file
> > in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded because I am dial-up user.
> Person
> > with DSL has no problem.
> >
> > What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
> > Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I may
> > optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to pdf.
> Publisher
> > does not have resampling tool like FP does it?
> >
> > I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then user
> would
> > have to print off each individual page instead of being able to print
all
> > pages in pdf file.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> > Susan

0
dsnsacree (69)
10/12/2004 11:46:30 AM
Have you tried this? I tried to download the trial version and when I try
the Office2PDF I get a "pdfxctrl.PdfPrinter Preferences ActiveX is not
installed" error!
I don't know what options I have for help since I did not purchase it yet
and have only 1 day to use it!  Don't know if it would help if I did get it
to work.

Susan
"Don Schmidt" Retired@Engineer.PNB wrote in message
> The best pdf creating program for making the smallest pdf files is
> PDF-XChange. In a recent test PDF-XChange made a pub file 25% the size of
> the same file created by Primopdf and 50% smaller than the same file made
by
> Adobe Acrobat. If interested you can get more information including a
> "trial" version of PDF-XChange at;
>
> http://www.docu-track.com/
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
> > converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am
> having
> > difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having difficulty viewing
> file
> > in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded because I am dial-up user.
> Person
> > with DSL has no problem.
> >
> > What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
> > Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I may
> > optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to pdf.
> Publisher
> > does not have resampling tool like FP does it?
> >
> > I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then user
> would
> > have to print off each individual page instead of being able to print
all
> > pages in pdf file.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> > Susan

0
dsnsacree (69)
10/12/2004 1:55:50 PM
Myself and others were having the same glitch. Seems they haven't made the
new version available to the public yet.

If you like, you can send me your pdf file and I'll redo it with PDF-XChange
and return it to you.

Also, I'll chat with Tracker Software and let them know the "glitch" version
is still being offered to the public.

My real e-mail address is         dschmidtATpacifierDOTcom  note the code.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried this? I tried to download the trial version and when I try
> the Office2PDF I get a "pdfxctrl.PdfPrinter Preferences ActiveX is not
> installed" error!
> I don't know what options I have for help since I did not purchase it yet
> and have only 1 day to use it!  Don't know if it would help if I did get
it
> to work.
>
> Susan
> "Don Schmidt" Retired@Engineer.PNB wrote in message
> > The best pdf creating program for making the smallest pdf files is
> > PDF-XChange. In a recent test PDF-XChange made a pub file 25% the size
of
> > the same file created by Primopdf and 50% smaller than the same file
made
> by
> > Adobe Acrobat. If interested you can get more information including a
> > "trial" version of PDF-XChange at;
> >
> > http://www.docu-track.com/
> >
> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
> > > converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am
> > having
> > > difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having difficulty
viewing
> > file
> > > in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded because I am dial-up user.
> > Person
> > > with DSL has no problem.
> > >
> > > What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
> > > Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I may
> > > optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to pdf.
> > Publisher
> > > does not have resampling tool like FP does it?
> > >
> > > I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then user
> > would
> > > have to print off each individual page instead of being able to print
> all
> > > pages in pdf file.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any suggestions.
> > > Susan

0
Retired (261)
10/12/2004 2:31:56 PM
Hi Susan (Susan@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
|| converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am
|| having difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having
|| difficulty viewing file in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded
|| because I am dial-up user. Person with DSL has no problem.
|| What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
|| Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I
|| may optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to
|| pdf. Publisher does not have resampling tool like FP does it?
|| I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then
|| user would have to print off each individual page instead of being
|| able to print all pages in pdf file.

You could also ZIP the file to reduce upload/download size/times.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
10/12/2004 5:49:42 PM
Brian,

Susan sent me the file created with Primopdf and it's 1845KB, using WinZip 9
it shrunk it to 1811KB. Making it a self-extracting ZIP it went to 1849KB.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi Susan (Susan@discussions.microsoft.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
> || converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am
> || having difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having
> || difficulty viewing file in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded
> || because I am dial-up user. Person with DSL has no problem.
> || What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
> || Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I
> || may optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to
> || pdf. Publisher does not have resampling tool like FP does it?
> || I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then
> || user would have to print off each individual page instead of being
> || able to print all pages in pdf file.
>
> You could also ZIP the file to reduce upload/download size/times.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
Retired (261)
10/12/2004 7:15:04 PM
Hi Don Schmidt (Retired@Engineer.PNB),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Brian,
|| Susan sent me the file created with Primopdf and it's 1845KB, using
|| WinZip 9 it shrunk it to 1811KB. Making it a self-extracting ZIP it
|| went to 1849KB.

Well, THAT is not impressive at all as far as reduction. My experience with
zipping pub files using the built in zip utility in Windows XP is a
reduction of about 50%.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
10/12/2004 8:07:37 PM
Brian,

Gee, you must be the one getting older, not me (I just turned 50!). It
was the PDF file that Don was reporting on, not the Pub file.

Mike

Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> Hi Don Schmidt (Retired@Engineer.PNB),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || Brian,
> || Susan sent me the file created with Primopdf and it's 1845KB, using
> || WinZip 9 it shrunk it to 1811KB. Making it a self-extracting ZIP it
> || went to 1849KB.
>
> Well, THAT is not impressive at all as far as reduction. My experience with
> zipping pub files using the built in zip utility in Windows XP is a
> reduction of about 50%.

0
wordwiz (948)
10/13/2004 12:39:10 AM
I am aware of that. I was thinking that zipping the pub file might be a
better choice. Not sure.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Brian,
>
> Gee, you must be the one getting older, not me (I just turned 50!). It was
> the PDF file that Don was reporting on, not the Pub file.
>
> Mike
>
> Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote:
>> Hi Don Schmidt (Retired@Engineer.PNB),
>> in the newsgroups
>> you posted:

>> Well, THAT is not impressive at all as far as reduction. My experience
>> with zipping pub files using the built in zip utility in Windows XP is a
>> reduction of about 50%.

0
ic (207)
10/13/2004 12:52:24 AM
I am using FP 2003 for website and the FTP since website does not have FP
extensions. Are you saying that I can import the zipped file to my local
website and ftp it to the remote website?
"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi Susan (Susan@discussions.microsoft.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I
> || converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am
> || having difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having
> || difficulty viewing file in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded
> || because I am dial-up user. Person with DSL has no problem.
> || What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website?
> || Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I
> || may optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to
> || pdf. Publisher does not have resampling tool like FP does it?
> || I thought about just converting pub files into jpg files but then
> || user would have to print off each individual page instead of being
> || able to print all pages in pdf file.
>
> You could also ZIP the file to reduce upload/download size/times.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
dsnsacree (69)

pdf writer check
Hi, I want to add a button on a sheet that will print sheets 5-9 to a pdf file. I'm gonna have a play to try and work this out myself (I'm even gonna try and get it to calculate page numbers and create a contents page within the workbook! - any tips appreciated!!). Starting question I have that I certainly need help with is this: Is there some code I can write to identify whether or not the user has pdf writer installed on their machine? I want to disable the button on sheet activation if they don't have the appropriate software. Thanks! Basil If you talk a...

internet files
when i want to open files from net i can not read it in my microsoft word, it is unreadable Are you sure the files is in a format that can be opened by Word? Have you tried saving them to your hard drive and then opening them? (I'm assuming you're being cautious so that you don't download a virus.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "badraddin" <badraddin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE5E9BDD-9819-4C22-8DAF-CEF2F2954CCA@microsoft.com... > when i want to open files from net i ca...

PDF password
Can I send a PDF that requires a password to open? I want to send PDF files to an email account with multiple users, but only want selected users to be able to open the attachment. Outlook has no control over the security of a PDF file, that's handled by the PDF file creation software and the reader, but you can certainly e-mail the file to the recipients. Glenna wrote: > Can I send a PDF that requires a password to open? I want to send PDF files > to an email account with multiple users, but only want selected users to be > able to open the attachment. I...

Opening to a file
How can I set up Excel 2003 to open to a particular file. I have the Excel Win XP shortcut pointing to the file but Excel still opens a blank file. Thanks, CMA If you want a specific Excel file to open when you open excel application, then goto: The path to Startup folder would similar to this: C:\```Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART Windows Explorer, move the icon of the workbook you want to open to an alternate startup folder. If you want to keep the workbook in its current location, use the Create Shortcut command on the File menu to create a ...

Move .pst File to New Location
If I move the .pst file to a new location, how do I get Outlook to find it? Is there a way to move the .pst without disabling all the message rules? Thanks, -Bob Outlook 2003 The clearest answer that I can give you is that if you move those files = to another location is similar to if you would have deleted them --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Bob_?" <ng1@loanvibe.com> wrote in message = news:Y2Fze.3371$6%2.1638@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com... > If I move the .pst f...

open a pdf file in excel
Is it possible to open or convert a pdf file into Excel? Hi dsa Look on this page from David McRitchie http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pdf.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "dsa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4F34E43-7ECC-4C9B-856C-DD631DE875EC@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to open or convert a pdf file into Excel? ...

Error when opening a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file
I have a worksheet with a simple macro in it. When I go to open the file, I always get an error message saying "Excel found unreadable content....". Help? ...

pdf
Good staff wanted to create a PDF in Visual C + +. Net, it would contain information from the database. He has to print what is in the form windows... dataset to pdf or GridView to pdf Is this a question? Does it have a point? Would it matter if the staff was evil? Do they still want to? If the question is "How can I create a PDF file?" the answer is to get any number of PDF printer drivers and simply open one and print to it. Alternatively, you can look for any number of open-source PDF converter. Google would be a good start. joe On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:49:01 -0700, Ma...

Creating a right-click command to backup file
Hi All I have Creating a right-click command to backup file try txt and then xls file. Try txt file ok. Then try xls file, not ok, when right-click no option prompted ? Do you know why ? For txt file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Text File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile\command] @="cscript //b H:\Software\shell\xbcp.vbs "%1" "txt"" For excel file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Excel File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile\...

Help files will not display
Yesterday I deleted the Office Test Run from my MacBook and loaded the Student and Teacher Version of Office 2004 for Mac. I've run into a couple of problems. First is that when I attempt to use Help files I can search for the files and it will display the search results in the left column. But when I attempt to open one of those files I get a message that says: "Could not display the help file." This occurs in any of the applications (Word, Entourage, Excel, PP). I reinserted the Office DVD to see if there was a separate option for loading the Help files and couldn't find an...

Excel 2007 cannot open file under Vista Business
When I double-click to open an Excel file, I get the message: "Windows cannot find 'C:\xxx\xxxxx\somefile.xls'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." If I instead launch Excel first then do file-open and browse for the same file, I can open it. Can anyone tell me what is happening here and how it can be fixed? Thanks. Here's one solution that happened to work for me - 1. In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options. 2. Click Advanced, scroll down to the General bar and under...

Read only error messagfe on file that was previously saved and ope
I have an excel spreadsheet that was created and saved to the A: drive (3.5 floppy). It has been opened and updated several times without a problem, now all of a sudden, it lags to open and then i get an error stating it cant be opened and my be a read only file. Why all of a sudden is this file unable to be opened? Hi if you're reading from & writing directly to a floppy disk then the most likely explaination is that the file is corrupt. doing a quick google search (groups.google.com) turns up a few ideas on how to maybe recover data - these ideas are from a post by Ken Wrigh...

.rtf and .pdf attachments on one pc
I have a user using outlook2000 with every service pack and patch known to man that will not open 2 attachments. The attachments are coming from an automatically generated email from an AS400 system. This user receives lots of other reports like this and has no problem opening them OTHER users get these same reports and open the attachments with no problem. when the user tries to open the attachment, it opens the system32 folder under the windows folder and that is all. I haven't a clue as to what to do about this problem. ...

Linking to CSV text files is it safe
Hi If I link to a CSV ( comma seperated value) file does access think of this as a table with records and behave the same way. I was wondering what would happen if you had say 5000 records in a text file and each record had 50 fields Would it be slower than if the 5000 records were in an Access Table. Can anybody give me some info on problems or limits on this type of action. An example of potential problem maybe and could be if the computer over writes the text file with updated data while the database is reading records from it. Any comments most welcome Steve - From a land down under ...

How to use first row of delimited file for field names when importing ?
Hi, I have XP Office. I want to import a tab delimited file into excel. I want to use the first row of the delimited file for field names. I thought there's an option for excel to do this during an import. But I see no option for this. How is this done? Thanks. Can't you just insert a row at the top of the worksheet when the import is complete? -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware . (List Files XL add-in: finds and lists files/folders with hyperlinks) . "goldtech" <goldtech@worldpost.com> wrote in message news:75bcd914...

Save Brochure as JPEG or PDF
Created Brochure in Publisher 2003. Tried to save as JPEG. JPEG only saves one of two pages. If display page two, JPEG will be page two only. Want to save both pages in one file to send. PDF will work as well. Required JPEG or PDF must keep colors of Brochure. Thanx in advance. Dan Dan wrote: > Created Brochure in Publisher 2003. Tried to save as JPEG. JPEG only > saves one of two pages. If display page two, JPEG will be page two > only. Want to save both pages in one file to send. PDF will work as > well. Required JPEG or PDF must keep colors of Brochure. Thanx in > advance...

Read an Excel file
Hi,everyone, I have created an Excel file by transferring a array data to a Excel worksheet by programming(vb.net). If I doubleclick the Excel file no sheet displays.Then I ran MS Excel directly and click open file menu to open the excel file I created,this time I can see all then datas in excel sheet I created. Can anybody tell me how can I read the Excel file by double click it ? Thanks in advance Peter Hi Peter What happens if you doubleclick a "real" excel file, does it open ? Best wishes Harald "Peter" <zlxmqyt@sina.com> skrev i melding news:uaEVzXWRFHA...

removing predefined locked fileds
do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fileds from some forms (like address fileds in the Order form) ? On Feb 4, 1:05 am, "eliran" <eliran...@gmail.com> wrote: > do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fields > from some forms (like address fields in the Order form) ? You can't remove, but can hide them using onLoad event script like this: crmForm.all.ordernumber_c.style.display="none"; crmForm.all.ordernumber_d.style.display="none"; If there are a lot of fields, that you want to hide, you can p...

Suggestion: Read-only PST files
Hi, Many people do archive their PST files on CDROM/DVD; so that they can reduce the clutter on their Hard Disk, However it appears that Outlook likes to treat all PST files as read/write. Therefore when one tries to point Outlook to a old PST file archived on read-only media (CD, DVD, etc) just to look at some old mails, Outlokk does not seem to allow it. The only choice you have is to copy (what might perhaps be huge) PST files to your hard disk. This is not user-friendly at all !!! I think there is a strong case for supporting a feature like "READ-ONLY PST files". If a...

How do I parse an XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C69A10.8C752700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The XML file looks something like this... --- Start XML --- <?xml version=3D"1.0" ?> <VULNERABILITIES> <PROGRAM_VERSION>0.0.1</PROGRAM_VERSION> <CONTROL_VERSION>0.0.1</CONTROL_VERSION> <VULNERABILITY> <V_SHORT_NAME>SOMETHING</V_SHORT_NAME> <V_LONG_NAME>SOMETHING</V_LONG_NAME> <V_DISCUSSION&...

Corrupt Word file?
Hi All, I have a Word file that I can open but can't work in. As soon as I try to make any changes, the multicolored circle starts going around, and I have to force quit Word. The person who sent me the file doesn't have a problem with it. I sent the file to a friend who copied all but the last paragraph mark into a new document, and I still could not work in the new document. I restarted my computer and ran disk utilities. I have Word 2004. Does anyone have any ideas to fix the file? Thanks! Kathy St. Paul, MN Hi Kathy: If copying all but the last paragraph mark ...

another one with the saveto PDF problem in office 2008 SP2
Hi All, please, there is a workaround to bypass the problem born with Excel 2007 SP2 , which cause the PDF saved files not correctly resized? many thanks, i hope a solution... stex Hi stefano Have a look at the reply to "Excel 2007 save as pdf page size error" in Excel General Questions Seems to have worked for me. "stefano ceccato" wrote: > Hi All, please, there is a workaround to bypass the problem born with Excel > 2007 SP2 , which cause the PDF saved files not correctly resized? > > many thanks, i hope a solution... > > stex > > ...

PDF scaling
Hi, my publication is on A7 format and I need to publish it as A5 format. With normal printers there is no problem, just set the scaling to 200%, but how could one achieve that with Publisher's PDF export feature? Thanks, Jan Jan, I use Pub 2000, sans built-in PDF but if you select File, Printer setup, is PDF listed? If so, can you then select Printer Preferences and there may be "Scaling". -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote in message news:E122321E-911E-4580-A8FF-2D522524FE7E@microso...

Deleted Files folder won't display emails
To keep the size of my Outlook.pst file reasonable, I have chosen to manually delete all files in my SENT and DELETED FILES older than 60 days. I have never activated any ARCHIVE commands and that may be my problem. But this week when I attemped to open my DELETED FILES folder containing 137 emails, I get the message "there are no items to show" and the files are not listed nor viewable. All other folders are working just fine as are all other functions of Outlook 2000. My OS is WIN98SE. I have plenty excess Gigs of hard drive along with 224 MB of RAM. Any suggestions to...

How do I insert a pdf document in Publisher 2002?
I would like to insert Adobe pdf formats into my Publisher 2002 web page. Can anyone help? Ray Pack wrote: > I would like to insert Adobe pdf formats into my Publisher 2002 web > page. Can anyone help? You can't (TTBOMK). -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. Hi Ray Pack (Ray Pack@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I would like to insert Adobe pdf formats into my Publisher 2002 web || page. Can anyone help? Are you just looking to have the PDF available from your webpage as a download? -- Brian Kval...