Pauses during the printing of Publisher files

I frequently have occasion to print multiple copies of a single page from a
Publisher file. Often these pages are quite complex in that they contain a
great many text and high resolution picture objects. Despite this the
printer seems to handle the task with no discernable pauses cranking out one
identical sheet after another. But then with some other Publisher files that
contain much less data/graphics per page I'll have the experience that after
printing out the first page and a few lines on the next identical page the
printer  pauses for 15 seconds, then resumes finishing the second page and a
few lines of the third copy. The same 15 second pause continues to occur
partway into each subsequent printed page. I'm baffled about these pauses.
Any help would me much appreciated.

0
josqb (15)

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a
local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"josh page" <josqb@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
>I frequently have occasion to print multiple copies of a single page from a
>Publisher file. Often these pages are quite complex in that they contain a
>great many text and high resolution picture objects. Despite this the printer
>seems to handle the task with no discernable pauses cranking out one identical
>sheet after another. But then with some other Publisher files that contain much
>less data/graphics per page I'll have the experience that after printing out
>the first page and a few lines on the next identical page the printer  pauses
>for 15 seconds, then resumes finishing the second page and a few lines of the
>third copy. The same 15 second pause continues to occur partway into each
>subsequent printed page. I'm baffled about these pauses. Any help would me much
>appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Fix Publisher printing failure
I hope the deficiency in Publisher 2003, referred to in the following exchange of posts, will be remedied promptly. Or is it just a turf war between Microsoft and HP, conducted at both your customers' expense?? Br. Giovanni The text of the earlier posts follows: #1: I am trying to print a brochure with a four-way bleed. I set up for borderless printing on glossy brochure paper, but the program keeps defaulting to regular 8.5X11" letter paper and leaving a 3/4" white border. In 'page setup' under printer properties, I call for 8.5X11" borderless paper size, bor...

How do you print the comments in a Visio drawing?
How do you print the comments in a Visio drawing? There is no feature for this. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "p.e." <pe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EB6EC79-31B6-441D-8083-0D0D32949309@microsoft.com... > How do you print the comments in a Visio drawing? ...

Shared offline files
Does anyone have experience using shared workbooks in conjunction with the Win2000 Offline Files feature? We used to use the Win95/Office95 briefcase function successfully, but with the advent of Office 97 shared Excel files wouldn't merge. Spent time with MS tech support documenting the problem but was never fixed. Was hoping functionality had returned in Office/Windows 2000. Thanks in advance, Jeff ...

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

Can't print emails Outlook 2002
When trying to print emails some users can't print. Computers are running XP Pro (SP1) and Office XP (SP3).These are new computers with new (not upgrade) installs. Users getting; Messaging Interface returned unknown error. If problem persists restart Outlook. Of course, restarting Outlook does nothing. Everything I've found online suggests Office SP's or Hot Fixes pre-SP3. I have other users with Win2000 and Office 2000 who can print with no problems. It's only the XP Pro users that can't print. I have the same problem, with 4 of about 350 users. Originally with O...

Criteria for printing
I have a form that prints reports (snapshot) onclick of a button on it .The number of reports goes on increasing on daily basis.I have to filter their printing on one particular criteria say for example (i can get the user input the range for one of its fields say page nos 25 - 30)so that it just prints reports in that range instead of all the reports.My question is how do i go about achieving this as I am a novice to VB and access. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 You may have already tried this... If you ope...

Printing labels from Excel database in Word mail merge
Can anyone help me to print mailing labels from an Excel database of addresses? First, I can't seem to select the Excel file (when I click CNTRL+A twice, as directed, I seem to select only a single cell). Later, at the "Mail Merge Recipients Box," I don't understand Microsoft's direction to "click any column labels in your data that correspond to the Word identifiers on the left." What Word identifiers on the left? I don't see anything like that? Any help would be great! if i were you, i'd start in Word. Go to tools --> mail merge --> ...

FON Files ?
Hi guys, I made some custom controls build from scratch using CWnd as the base. I want to use pixel (bitmat) fonts in some of them, fonts I can create myself. Right now I'm using that old FontEdit sample program which actually works well but I have to use AddFontResource() and they are ..FNT files and, well, it seems a dated way to do it. So does anyone know how I go about making .FON files ? I wouldn't even mind whipping up a little program similar to FontEdit to make them but I don't know where to start. Thanks, Robert A. I'm sorry this isn't really MFC. There ...

Colour cell, no print?
Is it possible to have a cell coloured or bordered but not print? -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. You could set a print area that doesn't include the cell. Or, if it's within the print area, you could manually or programmatically remove the formatting before printing, then reapply after printing. Bob wrote: > Is it possible to have a cell coloured or bordered but not print? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Its a template to fill in info on a already printed A4 paper, just got to remem...

Is it possible to save an Excel file to 2 locations?
I would like to save the file on my HD and also to my Pocket PC folder for synching. Do-able? Here is one I use to save to a backup folder in the same folder. Modify to suit. Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button On Error GoTo BackupFile MkDir CurDir & "\Backup" BackupFile: With ActiveWorkbook MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name .SaveCopyAs MyWB .Save End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Chris_7_1" <Chris_7_1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03DFBCE...

Paused workflow in customized entity
Hi: I created some customized entity. When I try to create a workflow to send an email automaticaly when the user save a new record on one of those entities, the workflow does not start automaticaly, and it keeps waiting for the action " Apply rule" . However, if I do the same workflow in a native entity ( Lead, Account for example ), the workflow starts as it should to be. Any idea? Thanks, JJ. ...

Move Printers and Print Server to a different server
I am looking to move my printers to a different server. The operating system on the new server is the same as the existing server (Windows 2003). Can I simply re-create the printers on the new server with the same name and information or do I need to migrate the printers (somehow)? Once the printers are moved, will I need to have my users delete and re-add their printers? I am hoping to avoid having the users delete/add the printers but if this is required then I have no choice. If you have any questions please let me know. Hello Corey, PrintMigrator will help you: ...

Has anyone used publisher for a wedding party newsletter?
Most likely.. if you are looking for a template, Publisher has many incumbents that could be changed to reflect the type of content that you require.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "kmtexas" <kmtexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1650FA0-B205-4EE7-BCC5-D98CBAE2B6FA@microsoft.com... > I even did a divorce party newsletter once...but don't ask me about templates... I never use them. I used it to make my wedding announcements. No party - we eloped. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rob Giordano (Crash)"...

print distortion
I am using Publisher 97. When I change printers, the text boxes and text get shifted out of position. Also, if I print to a pdf file converter, it also distorts objects on the pages. Does Publisher 2000, 2002, or 2003, correct this issue? Thanks Eric Hi eric (ev@magnuminspections.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I am using Publisher 97. When I change printers, the text || boxes and text get shifted out of position. Also, if I || print to a pdf file converter, it also distorts objects || on the pages. Does Publisher 2000, 2002, or 2003, correct || this issue? Yes, it doe...

Archive public folders to PST file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C755BA.60F140D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, We need to reduce the size of our Exchange Server (part of SBS 2000 = Server). We create a sub-folder under Public Folders for each projects = we have. There are about 100 of them. All we want to get is to have = one PST for each project to store emails which are older than a month. = Any utility or program do that? We need an automatic way which meant = automatic move old emails to PST file...

Failure to open attached .msg file
Every once in a while I get a forwarded e-mail that comes as an attached .msg file; and it will not open in Outlook 2003. Normally, forwarded email is simply repeated in the text in full view. What am I missing here? Appreciate any thoughts on this. calstorm mstorm@cox.net Uninstall Google Desktop Search. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, calstorm asked: | Every once in a while I get a forwarded e-mail that c...

Why can't I search for Excel files knowing a word somewhere inside it?
Knowing that I had a spreadsheet with a sort macro in it somewhere that I created about a year ago, I used the search feature of File Explorer in WinXPPro to search for all files named *.xls, containing the word "sort" in a folder with subfolders I knew it should exist in, in a range of dates. The search did not find it, but after looking through my old emails I found the name of the file, found it in one of my folders, and it was named *.xls, it did contain the word "sort" as both a worksheet name and in the macro, and it was in one of the folders I searched in, and...

Outlook 2003 cannot open Outlook 2000 *.pst files
OL2003 will not open/import an OL2000 *.pst file. The error message received is "the file xxx.pst is not a personal folders file." Was the pst on a CD? If so, did you remove the read-only flag? Did you run scanpst.exe on the file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://g...

in publisher my printed copies are coming out crooked or slanted
I have created an document and now it is printed out crooked or slanted on the paper. has any one had this to happen? qdfish wrote: > I have created an document and now it is printed out crooked or slanted on > the paper. has any one had this to happen? Adjust the paper feed so that it enters your printer straight. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Converting to text file
Do anyone know how I can convert an excel file to a flat file without opening up excel. Please help. ...

Kindle and Outline Printing
I have been using the clipping feature of my Kindle electronic book and transfer clippings to Word. Documents of 25-50 clippings result in a 25-50 page Word document. In the Outline mode I can show first lines beautifully. What appears is the clipping citation, a blank line and the first line of text - all with dots in front of them. i.e., everything appears as body text in Outline view. What would be nice is to be able to print this view as is, but everything tried leads to full text printing. How can I get around this problem? PS Kindle has yet to resolve some citatio...

publisher 2003 set tabs
Thanks for the tip, Publisher 2003, "you must shift-click the L mark instead of merely..." I have been wondering for about six months what happened to the tabs. I was specifically looking for information about this and was reading the posts and fortunately spotted your answer to someone else...got that! Sometimes I don't understand why Microsoft changes the features that were working just fine. Thanks again. ...

Borderless printing
How do I change to borderless printing when printing the task list in table style for Microsoft Outlook 2003? ...

Move log files to other physical disk
CRM 3.0 SBS How do I get the log files to be on another disk ? After an standard install the log files are placed on same disk as the database, I would want the log files of the crm database to be on another disk to increase performance. Thanx Jack ...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003
Attachments will come through fine for most people on the same email, but 1 or 2 will receive the message "the system cannot find the file specified" ...