Page sorter

When I am in the process of creating a new document in Publisher 2007 there
is an option (checkbox) called "Use right-to-left layout".  If I select this
option then the page sorter shows page one on the right side of the page
sorter and subsequent pages appear to the left.  How can I revert back after
you have created the document?

0
dave871 (680)

I don't see this check-off. Do you have complex script enabled? What language
pack are you using?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> When I am in the process of creating a new document in Publisher 2007 there
> is an option (checkbox) called "Use right-to-left layout".  If I select this
> option then the page sorter shows page one on the right side of the page
> sorter and subsequent pages appear to the left.  How can I revert back after
> you have created the document?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/22/2007 9:19:15 PM
I am not using any scripts of language packs that I am aware of.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I don't see this check-off. Do you have complex script enabled? What language
> pack are you using?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I am in the process of creating a new document in Publisher 2007 there
> > is an option (checkbox) called "Use right-to-left layout".  If I select this
> > option then the page sorter shows page one on the right side of the page
> > sorter and subsequent pages appear to the left.  How can I revert back after
> > you have created the document?

0
dave871 (680)
5/22/2007 9:30:01 PM
I have tried to reverse the page sorter tabs to no avail. When I click the right
to left and vice versa just the text reverses not the page sorter tabs. Where
are you setting this up?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I am not using any scripts of language packs that I am aware of.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I don't see this check-off. Do you have complex script enabled? What language
>> pack are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I am in the process of creating a new document in Publisher 2007 there
>> > is an option (checkbox) called "Use right-to-left layout".  If I select
>> > this
>> > option then the page sorter shows page one on the right side of the page
>> > sorter and subsequent pages appear to the left.  How can I revert back
>> > after
>> > you have created the document?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/23/2007 10:41:29 AM
Mary,

I am setting this up when I create a new document.

I select "File->New...

Then I select a template, for instance "Letter (Portrait) 8.5 x 11"

On the right side of the dialog from top to bottom there is:

- a preview view of the doc
- Page Size Information
- Customize
- Publication Options

It is under "Publication Options" that there is a single checkbox for "Use
right-to-left layout"

I have looked in the obvious places such as

File->Page Options...

and

Format->Format Publication

but there is noting in these areas that revert the setting back.

Dave

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I have tried to reverse the page sorter tabs to no avail. When I click the right
> to left and vice versa just the text reverses not the page sorter tabs. Where
> are you setting this up?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am not using any scripts of language packs that I am aware of.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't see this check-off. Do you have complex script enabled? What language
> >> pack are you using?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dave871 (680)
5/23/2007 1:42:02 PM
Dave, I don't have this option in my version of Publisher, I have customize
every toolbar will all sorts of stuff. I still haven't the option.

I can only guess you have some language packs installed and you are given the
right to left option. Without the language packs I can select right to left but
it doesn't affect the page sorter.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary,
>
> I am setting this up when I create a new document.
>
> I select "File->New...
>
> Then I select a template, for instance "Letter (Portrait) 8.5 x 11"
>
> On the right side of the dialog from top to bottom there is:
>
> - a preview view of the doc
> - Page Size Information
> - Customize
> - Publication Options
>
> It is under "Publication Options" that there is a single checkbox for "Use
> right-to-left layout"
>
> I have looked in the obvious places such as
>
> File->Page Options...
>
> and
>
> Format->Format Publication
>
> but there is noting in these areas that revert the setting back.
>
> Dave
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I have tried to reverse the page sorter tabs to no avail. When I click the
>> right
>> to left and vice versa just the text reverses not the page sorter tabs. Where
>> are you setting this up?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am not using any scripts of language packs that I am aware of.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/23/2007 3:57:52 PM
I went into the MS Office language settings and there was one other language
enabled.  I deselected it and now the option no longer appears when I create
a document.  It does not affect any existing documents though.

Dave

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Dave, I don't have this option in my version of Publisher, I have customize
> every toolbar will all sorts of stuff. I still haven't the option.
>
> I can only guess you have some language packs installed and you are given the
> right to left option. Without the language packs I can select right to left but
> it doesn't affect the page sorter.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> >
> > I am setting this up when I create a new document.
> >
> > I select "File->New...
> >
> > Then I select a template, for instance "Letter (Portrait) 8.5 x 11"
> >
> > On the right side of the dialog from top to bottom there is:
> >
> > - a preview view of the doc
> > - Page Size Information
> > - Customize
> > - Publication Options
> >
> > It is under "Publication Options" that there is a single checkbox for "Use
> > right-to-left layout"
> >
> > I have looked in the obvious places such as
> >
> > File->Page Options...
> >
> > and
> >
> > Format->Format Publication
> >
> > but there is noting in these areas that revert the setting back.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I have tried to reverse the page sorter tabs to no avail. When I click the
> >> right
> >> to left and vice versa just the text reverses not the page sorter tabs. Where
> >> are you setting this up?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dave871 (680)
5/23/2007 10:07:00 PM
While I am fixated on the subject of the page sorter: There is a slight gap
between each page in my page sorter until I start to drag and drop pages.  If
I drop a page it sometimes appears as touching the page next to it.  It is
similar to when you select Two-Page Spread except that I have not selected
this option.  Also all the folded over corners are bent in the same corner.

Dave

"Dave" wrote:

> I went into the MS Office language settings and there was one other language
> enabled.  I deselected it and now the option no longer appears when I create
> a document.  It does not affect any existing documents though.
>
> Dave
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Dave, I don't have this option in my version of Publisher, I have customize
> > every toolbar will all sorts of stuff. I still haven't the option.
> >
> > I can only guess you have some language packs installed and you are given the
> > right to left option. Without the language packs I can select right to left but
> > it doesn't affect the page sorter.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Mary,
> > >
> > > I am setting this up when I create a new document.
> > >
> > > I select "File->New...
> > >
> > > Then I select a template, for instance "Letter (Portrait) 8.5 x 11"
> > >
> > > On the right side of the dialog from top to bottom there is:
> > >
> > > - a preview view of the doc
> > > - Page Size Information
> > > - Customize
> > > - Publication Options
> > >
> > > It is under "Publication Options" that there is a single checkbox for "Use
> > > right-to-left layout"
> > >
> > > I have looked in the obvious places such as
> > >
> > > File->Page Options...
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > Format->Format Publication
> > >
> > > but there is noting in these areas that revert the setting back.
> > >
> > > Dave

0
dave871 (680)
5/23/2007 10:32:00 PM
Gaps between the page sorters usually mean there is a section inserted.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> While I am fixated on the subject of the page sorter: There is a slight gap
> between each page in my page sorter until I start to drag and drop pages.  If
> I drop a page it sometimes appears as touching the page next to it.  It is
> similar to when you select Two-Page Spread except that I have not selected
> this option.  Also all the folded over corners are bent in the same corner.
>
> Dave
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> I went into the MS Office language settings and there was one other language
>> enabled.  I deselected it and now the option no longer appears when I create
>> a document.  It does not affect any existing documents though.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > Dave, I don't have this option in my version of Publisher, I have customize
>> > every toolbar will all sorts of stuff. I still haven't the option.
>> >
>> > I can only guess you have some language packs installed and you are given
>> > the
>> > right to left option. Without the language packs I can select right to left
>> > but
>> > it doesn't affect the page sorter.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Page Numbering problems
Hello - I have a spreadhseet with 12 worksheets. I want to print the Page numbers (starting @ 1) on each of the 12 using a footer and clicking the # icon. I select all 12 sheets at the same time and do this. However, Page 1 show for all of them when they are all selected. Additionally, I have tried to make a PDF of the 12 sheets and it is not allowing me to save one PDF with all 12 sheets. It is asking me to name 12 different files with 1 each. I believe the 2nd problem is based on the first. Any ideas of how to fix this? Thanks! IF - AND ONLY IF - YOU HAVE 1 PRINTED PAGE PER TABBED SHE...

ASPX "Page Cannot be Displayed" After 1 Hr
Hi, I have a ASPX Page which imports a high quantity of data on the server, but exactly after 1Hr of execution, the page shows "Page Cannot Be Displayed", the data is still getting imported in the background, i tried increasing the sessionTimeOut as well. Can Anyone please suggest any solution for this ...

GET UNIQUE ROWS FROM ONE PAGE TO ANOTHER
I track jobs for techs page one example. Excel 2003 JOB TECH ACCT# STAT ADDRESS 1B 603 162395-7 CP 6844 N DE CHELLY LOOP 3B 617 164655-11 CP 10700 N LA RESERVE DR # 2106 5B 603 267454-1 CP 7270 S SAND DUNE VLY D 4B 634 131976-3 CP 5702 N CAM LAGUNA 3B 609 193005-2 CP 4961 N DIAMOND PL 16B 650 267451-1 XO 9950 N CAM DEL PLATA 1B 636 206822-7 CP 7525 W SUMMER SKY DR 10B 607 120813-8 CP 3028 W WYOMING ST 2B 609 100114-2 RS$ 6430 N MONTROSE DR 3B 603 168731-9 CP 4156 N RIO CANCION # 33 3B 626 231452-8 CP 7990 E SNYDER RD 11 107 I want to take all of ie 603 info in...

Using Mignon font increases width between lines so more pages
I have replaced my Times Roman Font in normal style with Mignon but it has wider space beteen the lines. How do I control this so the width is same as TR not wider as it becomes? TIA/gary If the letters in Mignon are wider than the letters in TNR, it's naturally going to take more space. If you want to squash the letters together so they start to overlap, go to the second tab of the Font dialog and set a number for "Condensed." If you're talking about line spacing, if your paragraph style is set to Single or Double (etc.) spacing, if Mignon's letters are ...

How do you change the starting page number in the handouts?
I've tried to change the starting page number in a 07' PowerPoint presentation and can't seem to locate that option. I've changed the slide number and the notes reflect the change but the page number for the handouts still start with 1. I need to change it to 37. Handout page numbers always start with 1. Sorry. Are you familiar with VBA programming? If you are, you might be able to print something that looks like it has been numbered correctly, but it will require a lot of coding. Bill Dilworth "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

collating multiple page catalog
I recently got a HP business inkjet 1100d-previously had HP 932. Multiple page catalog in Pub 2002. Was able to print multiple copies & collate with 932. Now Pub will not collate. Word will collate. I tried the old 932 with the catalog after installing the 1100 & it will no longer collate. HP says it probably is a software problem since it works with Word. HELP & thanks ...

How do I stop Word putting text at bottom of page onto next page?
Word pushes some text at the bottom of the page onto the next page, thereby creating a gap at the bottom of the page. How do I get Word to stop doing this? The following settings may be relevant in such a case: "Keep with next," "Keep lines together," and "Widow/orphan control" (all found in the Paragraph dialog box). Note, however, that the best way to deal with this depends on what kind of a document you are creating. Is it a numbered outline of heading styles? A document with footnotes in it? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP &quo...

Column drop-down list sorter
I need to create a drop-down memu in the column headers that show only rows with corresponding list info. So, I have a column title Names, I have 10 rows of data and under the column Names, I have Nancy, Katie and Mary. I need to be able to select only Mary and all the other rows that have Nancy and Katie in that column are not shown. Does that make sense? and how do I do it? Use the Autofilter feature. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/using_autofilter_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "CMonroe329" <CMonroe329@discussions.microsoft.com&...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault
EXCEL caused an invalid page fault i module EXCEL.EXE at 017f:302b8dbf Registers EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=302b8dbf EFLGS=0001024 EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=0062cc08 EBP=0062cc7 ECX=0068dc28 DS=0187 ESI=00000011 FS=4cc EDX=00000001 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=000 Bytes at CS:EIP 8b 40 30 3b c7 0f 85 e8 4d e5 ff 57 e8 52 0d d9 Stack dump 00000001 00000000 00000000 bff74272 000163a4 000163a4 bff741f7 000000f4 30048907 006d0238 00000000 00000000 0000030d 0000018c 00000000 0000001 ...

Single worksheet, multiple pages?
Hello, I have a single excel worksheet, and due to area's of the sheet I do not want to have printed, (the data is to be printed onto pre printed forms), have used the set print area option to exclude those area's. The problem is now I have multiple pages inside a single worksheet. Each page prints seperatly, so I end up with 5 pages with only a small amount of the full worksheet on each. Thanks in advance Peter Hi peter i'm not sure what you're problem is - sounds like you've set it up and got it working like you want - how would you like it to be different? chee...

Set page length in macro
Hi, Anyone have any idea if a page length variable can be set in Excel VBA? I have to print custom size tractor feed labels on a DM printer. TIA Keith Keith, Recording a macro while setting the paper size yielded code, which I've stripped of unwanted stuff: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PaperSize = xlPaperLegal End With It reduces further to: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PaperSize = xlPaperLegal For other paper sizes available, I put the cursor on PaperSize and pressed F1 and got: XlPaperSize can be one of these XlPaperSize constants. xlPaper11x17. 11 in. x 17...

how do I send multiple pages in a single email?
I want to send three pages of a publisher newsletter document in the body of an email. Is this possible? I have so far only been able to send one at a time or turn it into an attachment, which I don't want to do. Thanks No, it cannot be done. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pope" <pope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ABCD835-4FB0-4E82-BAFE-646677974262@microsoft.com... >I want to send three pages of a publisher newsletter document in the body >of > an email. Is this possible? I have so far only been able to send one at ...

Continuous page numbers in workbook of multiple worksheets
I would like the page numbers to start with 1 on the first worksheet in a workbook and then have the next worksheet pick up with where the first worksheet left off. For example, if the first worksheet has 2 pages and the second worksheet in the workbook had 3 pages, then the first worksheet would contain pages 1 and 2 while the 2nd worksheet would contain pages 3, 4, and 5. Is there a way to have Excel figure out what the first page number should be in the 2nd worksheet or do I always have to manually update it in Page setup. THANKS! Hi Val Select all sheets first (right click on a...

Print Avery Labels 4 Up on One Page
In Access 2003 I have a project to print Avery 5168 labels (3 1/2 x5) 4 up on a page in landscape. They will be printed on a laser printer. Each label will be different in that it will print the data from one record in the source recordset. Could someone point me in the right direction on beginning this project? It seems like I somehow have to make a page within a page, or 4 3 1/2 X 5 pages contained in one page. Is this a case where a subreport would be used? Many thanks Mike Thomas There is a Label Wizard in the New Report section that will allow you to create labels. Avery 51...

print macro to solve limit on page breaks
I have encountered the limit on the number of page breaks that exce allows, and I'd like to write a macro to work around this. My data is as follow: Part Number Location Quantity 12345 12 10 12345 20 15 12346 35 37 The macro should begin in row 2 determine that there are two rows to be printed (for part numbe 12345) print the range move to the next part, determine how many rows to print and so on until it reaches a blank row (or I could enter 99999 as th stopping part number). Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...

Summary pages on Reports Query
Good morning, I have a question to pose which I hope someone could assist me with, I currently have a report running that Groups records together by the week of a year (A week function that works out the week of a year by from a date) All works fine , however I wish to create a first page summary that just shows totals for the week e.g Week 11 = 200 Week 12 = 340 Week 13 = 300 but because the report could vary in a range of weeks each time it is run there is no fixed point to sum by , the only consistancy is there will always be 3 weeks in the report I could use if week equal x...

Page Orientation
Hi, I have a main report that consists of 6 sub reports. I have found a way to combine them, but the problem is that while most are in portrait, some need to print in landscape. Is there a way to code the report or the specific subreport to change orientation for those pages to landscape & then have it change back? Thought I'd try... I've never tried this but Acc97 has the following in its Help: The PrtDevMode property setting is a 94-byte structure that mirrors the DEVMODE structure defined in the Win32 Software Development Kit. For complete information on the PrtDevMode p...

Page Set UP
Hi..I have a user who has Page Setup appearing 8 times when they click on File. How would I go about getting rid of that? -- Needin'''' some help! "Matto" <Matto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF72F1EA-21F3-4784-86CB-02DA05A66AD4@microsoft.com... > Hi..I have a user who has Page Setup appearing 8 times when they click on > File. > How would I go about getting rid of that? Is this for Outlook's File menu? If so, try starting Outlook in safe mode (hold Ctrl when starting it) to see if the behavior changes. -- B...

possible to enumerate page numbers?
Hi, If any CRM object has big data(let's suppose that Opportunity has 50000 data), in the View, you can see those data by page number..... However, by default, it only navigates by one page...In other words, if I want to see 15 page, I should click 15 times to look at the page... Any way page number can be customized via CRM system customization?... I couldn't find it... For example, if I want to have viw something like this... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ..........(Would be last number of page number) In this way, if I want to look at the 15 page, I only need to click 15 number... Thanks....

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

printing half page
Prints full text of page on half of printed page. Printer set-up set at one (1)page. No adjustments correct. Word 2000, 2000 professional. Shoot. ...

Page numbers all the same
I am using Word 2007 to produce documents with uniform formating. A template was created for me with line art and line numbering down the left side. A header includes the page number and the document title. A footer contains the same line of text on every page. The template was created using Word 2003. When I open the template with 2007 the page numbering is page 1 on every page. When I change it on page 2, the line art and numbering down the side disappear. What is happening? I have tried working in compatability mode and the same thing happens. Whoever created the tem...

Can Publisher print divided page ranges?
With Ms-Word, you can specify several ranges of pages, using commas as delimiters, such as: 1-4,9,10-12 This doesn't seem possible with Ms-Publisher 2003, but maybe I'm missing something. It only seems possible to indicate one range, such as 3-10 Is there a way to have just certain pages print out such that several ranges are involved? I'm trying to accomplish the equivalent of Ms-Word's "MasterDocument" by having a 40 page master, from which I can specify a 12 page version, a 28 page version, etc. The twelve page version might be something like: 1-3,8-9,10,14,36-4...

How to I set page 1 of 6 in Word?
In a multi-page document, I want "Page 1 of 6" in the footer, or if the document gets longer page 1 or 7 or page 1 of 8. Use the fields "Page" and "NumPages". The first will display the number of the page you are on, the second will display the totall number of pages in your document. Assuming Word 2007, you can insert fields through the "Insert" tab, "Quick Parts" button, "Field..." Yves "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:138C9DDA-6643-4337-B34D-FC10BC2311FD@microsoft.com....