page sorter #3

i just started to use Office Enterprise 2007 on a different computer having
used office 2003 on this one for several years.

Publisher is what i use most, in Publisher 2007 the 'page sorter' is missing.

Is this a bug that needs fixing or something else?

As fas as i'm aware the page sorter is not something the user can change the
settings of.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b8596792-2071-4c94-8cc0-6a681777d22f&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
gscmx3 (4)

gscmx3 wrote:
> i just started to use Office Enterprise 2007 on a different computer
> having used office 2003 on this one for several years.
>
> Publisher is what i use most, in Publisher 2007 the 'page sorter' is
> missing.
>
> Is this a bug that needs fixing or something else?
>
> As fas as i'm aware the page sorter is not something the user can
> change the settings of.
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
> the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b8596792-2071-4c94-8cc0-6a681777d22f&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
=======================================
The following solution was posted in the
Publisher newsgroup on 10-01-2007
by:    JimmyJohnson

===
"How do I view the Page Sorter in
Publisher 2007."
===

Hey gang,

I'm glad someone else was having the same problem I was - not for the
frustration it causes, but to know that I was not alone.  And I say "was"
because I've found a solutoin to the Page Sorter issue.

Since my purchase of Micrsoft Office Professional 2007 was less then 90 days
ago, I was able to take advantage of free Microsoft Office tech support from
their on-line service center.  Therefore, the solution you're about to read
is a bona fide Microsoft Office solution, as it came directly from one of
their techs to me.

To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below.  But
beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a
specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains to
warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogether (or
corrupt certain program files that my cause your version of Publisher not to
function correctly).  So please be careful as you follow these steps to fix
your page sorter issue.

O.K., now that the nice big warning is out of the way, you'll have Publisher
2007 up and running as it should be in 10 quick steps.  But before you
begin,
please take a moment to close all programs on your computer, then...

1. If you're using Windows Vista, Click on the start button, and type
"regedit" into the "Search" field under the "All Programs" link.  If you're
using XP or earlier versions, click on the start button, then on "Run," then
type "regedit" into the field, then click "O.K."

2. When the registry window opens, your going to next make a quick back-up
of these files before you attempt to change anything (in-case that
detrimental mistake we discussed earlier is accidentally made).  This you're
going to do by:

     a. Clicking on "File"
     b. Then on "Export"
     c. Then on "Desktop" in the left-hand task pane
     d. Then by typing "Backup" in the "File Name" field
     e. Then clicking on "Save"

3. Now that that's out of the way, your going to start at the top of the
Registry window and look down till you find the branch "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
Click on it, and a new sub menu will appear.

4. When the new sub menu appears, go down and click on "Software."  Again, a
new sub menu will appear.

5. Next, click on "Microsoft," then on "Office," then on "12.0"  This will
bring you to the place where you can choose the specific Office program
you're having issues with and fix the program-specific issue.

6. Next, click on "Publisher," then on "Preferences"

7.  If you don't see a "ShowStatusBar" string, you'll need to create one by
following the steps below.  Otherwise, move on to step #8.

     a. To create a "ShowStatusBar" string, start by right-clicking on the
        right pane of the window and choosing, "New"
     b. Then click on "String Value"  It will create a new string called
        "New Value #1"
     c. Rename the new value string "ShowStatusBar" and it will create the
        "ShowStatusBar" string.
     d. Now move on to step #8.

8. Right-click on the "ShowStatusBar" string, then click on "Modify"

9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to "1"
(if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once you've
changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."

10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in the
lower
left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should have
been.

And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this does
not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office tech
support directly, because that means that you have another issue altogether.

Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest of us
who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!

JimmyJohnson

===

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/21/2007 3:30:07 AM

"John Inzer" wrote:

> [...]
>
> 9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to "1"
> (if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once you've
> changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."
>
> 10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
> Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in the
> lower
> left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should have
> been.
>
> And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this does
> not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office tech
> support directly, because that means that you have another issue altogether.
>
> Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest of us
> who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!

Thanks for taking the time to put this information up here JimmyJohnson,
i'll give it a try tomorrow to see if it fixes the publisher page sorter for
me.
i'd have thought microsoft would have made the fix one of their automatic
office updates by now - bit slack of them really if they know there's an
issue with their products.
thanks again,
GSC.
0
gscmx3 (4)
11/21/2007 9:36:00 PM
gscmx3 wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to put this information up here
> JimmyJohnson, i'll give it a try tomorrow to see if it fixes the
> publisher page sorter for me.
> i'd have thought microsoft would have made the fix one of their
> automatic office updates by now - bit slack of them really if they
> know there's an issue with their products.
> thanks again,
> GSC.
==========================
Let us know if it works for you.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
11/21/2007 10:44:53 PM

"John Inzer" wrote:

> gscmx3 wrote:
> > Thanks for taking the time to put this information up here
> > JimmyJohnson, i'll give it a try tomorrow to see if it fixes the
> > publisher page sorter for me.
> > i'd have thought microsoft would have made the fix one of their
> > automatic office updates by now - bit slack of them really if they
> > know there's an issue with their products.
> > thanks again,
> > GSC.
> ==========================
> Let us know if it works for you.
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

tried the fix today - it worked like a charm - very pleased, thanks again.

looked thru some of the other posts relating to same lack of page sorter
problem, on one of them someone has added that in XP the 'run' command should
be regedit.exe not just regedit.
in XP i tried it with just regedit and it worked just fine.

also, having made the precautionery preliminary registery back up, how would
i then go on to use it if i'd have made a mistake? (which obviously i didn't.)

GSC.
0
gscmx3 (4)
11/22/2007 11:44:01 AM
gscmx3 wrote:
 > tried the fix today - it worked like a charm - very pleased, thanks
> again.
>
> looked thru some of the other posts relating to same lack of page
> sorter problem, on one of them someone has added that in XP the 'run'
> command should be regedit.exe not just regedit.
> in XP i tried it with just regedit and it worked just fine.
>
> also, having made the precautionery preliminary registery back up,
> how would i then go on to use it if i'd have made a mistake? (which
> obviously i didn't.)
>
> GSC.
=====================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the feedback.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

Customize Home page
Hi all, how can i customize views in the home page? Thanks in advance. Domenico. You can't,.....unless you modify some of their hardcode (not supported),....either try changing what your home page is, for example, most of us have the Sales portion of CRM come up when CRM is first opened. -Gary "Domenico Truppi" <dtruppi@NOSPAMi-vision.it> wrote in message news:%2336Z0OB%23EHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > how can i customize views in the home page? > > Thanks in advance. > > Domenico. > > You can customize the "view&qu...

Can one open a password protected Lotus 1-2-3 (wk4) file from Exce
Is there a way to open a password-protectred Lotus 1-2-3 file (WK4) from Excel (assuming the password is available)? ...

Page format - Landscape & Portrait
Dear all, I would like to set-up a different page format (landscape) in my document holding the other pages in the same document in Portrait. How can I do this? Thanks in advance, Stijn Unfortunately it can't be done the same way you can in Word. You create a separate publication with the different orientation. You can either end up with two files or you could "select all", group, copy, paste the original document, and then rotate it to suit. That's what I would do because I wouldn't want to deal with two files but that's just my preference. You may...

Outlook Issue #3
I've inadvertently discovered that Outlook is remaining open multiple times in the Processes located in the task manager. I'm running xp pro and office xp pro 2002. I discovered this by accident one afternoon when another program I use all the time wouldn't open. I did a ctrl alt delete to open the task manager, clicked the processes tab and OMG...Outlook was listed 15 times or more as being open. Since then I have been able to pin down when it happens. Just opening Outlook and closing it without checking for or sending new mail does not cause it to stay open as a pr...

Can I remove the "page and number" displayed on Excel spreadsheet
When I create an Excel spreadsheet, the word Page and a number are displayed on each page in a large font in a gray color. Is there any way to remove these from the display? They make it difficult to read the data that I enter. You're looking at the worksheet in Page Break Preview. To go to Normal view, choose View>Normal Janice Jackson wrote: > When I create an Excel spreadsheet, the word Page and a number are displayed > on each page in a large font in a gray color. Is there any way to remove > these from the display? They make it difficult to read the data that I e...

If Statements #3
Hi all I am new to this, can someone, please help me with this. I wont to now how to evaluate two or more logical conditions if they are true or false using if functions for example. If total purchases in A2 are greater than $7000.00 deduct 15% from those purchases and if purchases are greater than $5000.00 deduct 10% of purchases otherwise purchases stay the same. How would I do this if funtion, Please, maybe use a or somehow? Cheers Mark -- burkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ burkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

How could I display an excel cell contents in a page header ?
I need that an specific cell contents will appear in the header of several pages. How should I define it? This is an example that puts the current contents of cell B9 in Sheet1 in the header for Sheet1. Put the following event macro in the workbook code area: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Sheets("Sheet1") .PageSetup.CenterHeader = .Range("B9").Value End With End Sub Because it is workbook code, it is very easy to install and use: 1. right-click the tiny Excel icon just to the left of File on the Menu Bar 2. select View Cod...

In Office 2007, how do I get rows to break across pages?
Office 2003 allowed you to format a table, and there was an option to click that a row could break across pages. I have not discovered how to do this in Office 2007. Any suggestions? In article <D883043B-5FC4-43D6-AA0E-D2B5FAC49AE2@microsoft.com>, Powerpoint Queen wrote: > Office 2003 allowed you to format a table, and there was an option to click > that a row could break across pages. I have not discovered how to do this in > Office 2007. Any suggestions? You can't do this in any version of PowerPoint. This being a PowerPoint newsgroup, I had to mention...

Exchange Log Files #3
Using Exhange 2000 Server with SP3 on Win2k Server SP4 I never had a problem with the Exchagne Log files in the MDBData folder. I notice the drive where the Exchange Log files were was running out of space. the MDBData folder was full of log files dating back about 2 months. I am trying to figure out why the log files did not auto purge like it was doing before. I deleted some of the log files (is there any consequences for deleting these log files?). I then change the setting within the Exchange Server Properties to remove log filess older than 7 days (I read somewhere that i shou...

PUBLISHER
Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of the information you can, especially which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Murrayjones" <Murrayjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05C80DBE-0FF2-455E-93A9-5EE35E2F8D36@microsoft.com... > I am using Publisher 2000 and trying to insert numbering into a document with 10 tickets. Can you help? "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > Please use this space to ask you question. And make sure you give us all of > ...

Exchange 5.5 recovery server #3
I need to set up a recovery server for Exchange 5.5 in order to restore a single mailbox. My question is...can I put it on the production network without causing a problem? I know I have to create a new site and make the site and org names the same as production but not the server. I've read that this is safe as long as I don't allow it to replicate with the production server. How do I prevent that from happening? Thank you, Kenny if you create a new site, you'll be OK... "Kenny" <kstern@nch.com> wrote in message news:ulCW1AwYFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl....

MS CRM 3.0 Changing Currency
Hi. We=B4re using MS CRM 3.0 in the english version. At the generaltab under "Organization Settings", "System Setting" i tried to change the currency to Euro but after pressing the ok button nothing happened. I checked the settigns again and they had changed to the default settings ($). Can anyone tell me what I=B4ve to do to change these values in MS CRM 3=2E0? Thanks a lot! I've been researching multiple currency, evidently there is an add-on for this. Barry_Mavin@msn.com has this add-on. Search for Multiple Currency..should help "fsnydr@gmail.com" ...

How do you delete a page in Excel?
How do you delete a page in Excel? I have 2 pages to my document but want to get rid of page 2, how do I do that? Hi what do you mean with 'page' A single worksheet or a part of one worksheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mackey1968" <Mackey1968@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EE3DE9D4-4275-48E2-AB3F-568B0BB77F08@microsoft.com... > How do you delete a page in Excel? I have 2 pages to my document but want to > get rid of page 2, how do I do that? Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by deleting a page. Surely you don't...

CRM 3.0 Reporting Server Mistake
In response to a user complaining that they could no longer see Reports in CRM I made a mistake and now need help correcting it. I went into the Reporting Services Configuration Manager and changed both the Report Server Virtual Directory and Report Manager Virtual Directory from the Default Web Site to the "Microsoft CRM v3.0" website and now things are even worse. I need help restoring these settings to their previous state so that I can begin to troubleshoot my original issue. How do I point both of these back to the Default Web Site and (if possible) remove any new di...

Can't reboot after installing Service Pack 3
I have a 3 year old HP desktop, running Windows XP. I had to do a PC restore due to a virus (PC restore lost all my docs and images, dang it). I reloaded my Office Professional 2000 (I need Word and Excel), and then downloaded and ran Microsoft upgrade Service Pack 3. All went very well until I tried to restart. The computer will not boot up. It tries and tires and tires until I finally turn it off. I've done this twice with the same outcome. I use AVG 9.0 wnen you call HP they till you too restore! and how to Kill that virus ? Did you Click on Windows Update ...

Outlook Search #3
Still looking for an answer to my prior post: The search function in my Outlook 2007 has stopped working. I use it frequently to find calendar entries and various emails. I don't know what happened to make it stop working. How can I restore the function? I tried doing a re-Index (as suggested by the help file) but it still isn't working. if i were you, i would take a third-party-searchtool for outlook... i use lookeen for my outlook and i´m very happy with it, perhaps you should try it www.lookeen.com "Jan Groshan" wrote: > Still looking for an answer to ...

Hidden Comments #3
If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line? Thanks I don't believe it is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C42B096-4C61-453F-B45C-BE837D32C98D@microsoft.com... > If a comment is created...

Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies.
can any one please tell me how to do this one even any example or links to do will be appreciated Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies. Requirements: The tool should be able to perform the following: * Open an existing XLIFF file * Save the modified XLIFF file * Display the Id (read only) * Display the un-translated text (read only) * Display and edit the translated text (read/write) o Changing the text should automatically change the state to translated * Display and edit the translation state as a Boolean (is translate...

Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager #3
I am using Outlook 2003 with Business Contact manager. I am also using Outlook/BCM on a laptop. I don't know if I need exchange server - I have simple network, to synchronize data between BCM on my laptop and my desktop. I want to work remotly and exchange data without having to import export all the time. Is there a sychronization feature i can use? ...

Excel page format changes

OWA on Exchange 5.5 #3
When some users try to Login to OWA on Exchange 5.5 they will get an error message, “Error ‘ASP 0115’ “ on the client PC. The Exchange Server generates the error message at the same time: “WMS Idle: inetinfo.exe – Application Error. The instruction at “ox77f647cb” The memory could not be “read”. “ I am planning to reinstall SP4 on Exchange 5.5 My question is: Is it possible to reinstall just selective modules of the SP4. Or I need to reinstall SP4 completely. Thank you there is no option to reinstall SP4 for selective modules in exchange 5.5, am sujesting you to reinstall OWA only by sel...

Licensing #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How many computers can I use my Office 2008 Home and Student Edition on? Will the one disk spread on two or three? Read the license agreement that was attached to your purchase. On the version I bought it allowed me to install on 3 machines. --rms www.rmschneider.com fatman4christ@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > How many computers can I use my Office 2008 Home and Student Edition on? Will the one disk spread on ...

Creating a summary Page
I am a surveyor and am currently working out quantities of pipework etc. I have an electronic take off sheet that works out the various lengths and depths and sizes of pipe. I am trying to create a summary page for this. There are several different pipe sizes from 150, 200, 225, 250 etc. But i need to summarise these to various lengths and pipe sizes into depth ranges. So say for every length of 150 pipe at 1m to 1.5m in depth i need it to sum up the total length on a separate sheet within the same workbook. I have played about wth array formulas etc but with little success Can anyone he...

Login Error #3
I have upgraded my server from 9 to 10; however, I'm working on client install and getting the following error in GP_LoginErrors.log Product Name: HITB Report Database Version: 1001296 Client Version: 9015 I have copied the HTB5597.dic file from server. It also shows version 9015 in the Windows properties, but runs fine on the server. I've copared dynsmics.set files and every seems to be the same. What am I missing? Thanks, G.A. maybe your dictionary is correct, but on the dynamics table in sql it has not upgraded its version run this query and it will tell you the version ...

How do I make changes on my home page apply to all pages
I am trying to change my home page to the format that I want. I would like for this to apply to all pages rather than go into all 10 of them one by one. How do I do this?? HELP!!! ...