Page Settings Tab

I'm modifying an existing flyer design to be commercially printed so I want
to produce a press quality PDF.
It's an A5 publication on an A4 sheet & I want to add crop marks but when I
go to 'Print' and select 'Adobe PDF' as my printer and then choose 'Advanced
Print Settings' there's no 'Page Settings' tab.
Anyone got any ideas????

Do you have it setup so two A5 publications print on one page? Look at the properties
of the AdobePDF printer, there are options. Have you installed the updates to
Acrobat? If you have Acrobat 7, help, about should say 7.0.3.
I can't duplicate this issue with Acrobat 7.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Crocus Behemoth" <CrocusBehemoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm modifying an existing flyer design to be commercially printed so I want
> to produce a press quality PDF.
> It's an A5 publication on an A4 sheet & I want to add crop marks but when I
> go to 'Print' and select 'Adobe PDF' as my printer and then choose 'Advanced
> Print Settings' there's no 'Page Settings' tab.
> Anyone got any ideas????

0
gsauer (5094)
9/27/2005 12:00:28 PM
I'm using the latest version of Acrobat 6.
In Publisher's 'page setup' option 'layout' is set to a 'custom page' of
14.8 x 21cm (there are no other page sizes visible except 'web page'). 'Print
& paper' is set to A4.
If I do a 'print preview' I see an A5 page on an A4 sheet with no crops.
Under the 'Print' option, the 'Adobe page size' is selected as A4.
If I produce a PDF with these settings it is A5 on an A4 sheet.
I just don't get the option boxes to add crop marks before I create the PDF.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have it setup so two A5 publications print on one page? Look at the properties
> of the AdobePDF printer, there are options. Have you installed the updates to
> Acrobat? If you have Acrobat 7, help, about should say 7.0.3.
> I can't duplicate this issue with Acrobat 7.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Crocus Behemoth" <CrocusBehemoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm modifying an existing flyer design to be commercially printed so I want
> > to produce a press quality PDF.
> > It's an A5 publication on an A4 sheet & I want to add crop marks but when I
> > go to 'Print' and select 'Adobe PDF' as my printer and then choose 'Advanced
> > Print Settings' there's no 'Page Settings' tab.
> > Anyone got any ideas????

What version Publisher?
PUB2002: How to Print Printer's Marks
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292279
How to create a PDF file in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302835

How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826360

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> I'm using the latest version of Acrobat 6.
> In Publisher's 'page setup' option 'layout' is set to a 'custom page' of
> 14.8 x 21cm (there are no other page sizes visible except 'web page'). 'Print
> & paper' is set to A4.
> If I do a 'print preview' I see an A5 page on an A4 sheet with no crops.
> Under the 'Print' option, the 'Adobe page size' is selected as A4.
> If I produce a PDF with these settings it is A5 on an A4 sheet.
> I just don't get the option boxes to add crop marks before I create the PDF.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you have it setup so two A5 publications print on one page? Look at the
>> properties
>> of the AdobePDF printer, there are options. Have you installed the updates to
>> Acrobat? If you have Acrobat 7, help, about should say 7.0.3.
>> I can't duplicate this issue with Acrobat 7.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Crocus Behemoth" <CrocusBehemoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm modifying an existing flyer design to be commercially printed so I want
>> > to produce a press quality PDF.
>> > It's an A5 publication on an A4 sheet & I want to add crop marks but when I
>> > go to 'Print' and select 'Adobe PDF' as my printer and then choose 'Advanced
>> > Print Settings' there's no 'Page Settings' tab.
>> > Anyone got any ideas????

0
gsauer (5094)

macro to insert rows between sets of records
I have data that looks like this: name class title joe class1 assistant mary class1 assistant zelda class1 assistant al class1 professor ben class1 professor cleo class1 professor dan class1 professor alice class2 student barb class2 student claire class2 student ...and so on the spreadsheet goes. What I want to do is create a macr that will insert 2 blank lines between each 'title' group and insert line above the groupings with the title on it.. so that the resultin spread sheet looks like: name class title assistant joe class1 as...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

Can't open new window or tab in IE8 32 bit?
Win 7 Pro on a new HP i7 PC with 9GB ram. All MS and HP updates installed 64 bit IE8 works perfect. Only 32 bit version has this problem. Can not right click and "Open in new window" Can not right click and "open in new tab" Links that open in a new tab just sit there saying "Connecting" Links that open in a new window do nothing. (Like new question window in here) I have reset all defaults in internet, Intranet, and Trusted Zones. I have cleared all temp and cache files I have reset advanced settings I have uninstalled and reinstalled IE8 I have r...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

Set ports for RPC over HTTP
I have configured a front-end exchange server, but cannot remember or find the article that told me how to configure what ports RPC listens on. Thanks for any help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401 On Mon, 3 May 2004 16:06:11 -0500, "Michael Kearney" <none@none.com> wrote: >I have configured a front-end exchange server, but cannot remember or find >the article that told me how to configure what ports RPC listens on. Thanks >for any help. > ...

Macro to set the row height
I need to set the row height depending on the content of a cell. If Cell A1 = "x", I want to set rowheight of A to 50, if A1 = y , then I want to set rowheight of A to 75 I want to repeat this check for 100 rows. Could many one help please Many thanks Derrick You need VBA code to do this. Within Excel, type ALT-F11, which brings you to the VBA editor. Then 1. For each sheet that you want this re-row-height to take place, copy this code to that sheet's code window: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ReRowHeight ActiveSheet End Sub 2. Insert a new m...

Load Spreadsheet Tab
Is there a way to load an existing seperate spreadsheet into an individual worksheet in a seperate spreadsheet? "Danny McMillian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070001c3de98$8ec7f450$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to load an existing seperate spreadsheet > into an individual worksheet in a seperate spreadsheet? You can open both workbooks together and then move (or copy) a worksheet from one to the other. To switch between two open workbooks, use the Window menu and click on the book name in the dropdown menu. To move (or copy) a wor...

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

Complex excel
To cut a long story short, I need to convert mapping coordinates in a specific projection (the Australian Map Grid, or AMG) to a Lat/Long in degrees/minutes/seconds using Redfearn's Formula. There is already an excel worksheet out there which converts these on a one-by-one basis, which is available from: http://www.ga.gov.au/geodesy/datums/redfearn.xls What I'd like to do is set the value of a cell based on the formula output, eg: =redfearn_lat(X,Y,Z) =redfearn_long(X,Y,Z) With X being the cell reference for the easting value, Y for the northing value, and Z being the Zone. Any he...

Vertical tabs in Property Sheet
Hi, I'm trying to create a property sheet wherein the tabs would be displayed vertically(on the left), rather than on top. The code is as shown below: BOOL CMyPropSheet::OnInitDialog() { BOOL bResult = CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog(); CTabCtrl *pTab = GetTabControl(); pTab->ModifyStyle(0, TCS_VERTICAL ); return bResult; } The problem with this is that the tabs are not displayed clearly. The edges are only vaguely visible till I click on them. Apprecaite if anyone could help me fix this. Also, can icons be displayed on the tabs rather than plain text...

Shape Tab in Charts
I am working on a chart and was told that if I right clicked on one of the columns in the chart I would get the "Format data series" menu and that there would be a SHAPE tab on it. I get other tabs, but nothing regarding shapes. Any suggestions? ...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...

Workflow Security Settings
I have a basic question about the Workflow Process and Workflow Process Instance Security Settings. If I want to create a Workflow using Workflow Manager - do I need to have the Create/Read/Write settings turned on for Workflow Process? If I want to apply a rule or have a workflow run automatically do i need to have the Create/Read/Write Workflow Process Instance Settings turned on? What does it mean if I have Read and Write set for Workflow Process Instance - but not Create? What does Append To mean for Workflow? Workflow Process Instance? Is this documented anywhere? Thanks in adv...

Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?iiA=?=To Clipboard?
You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Great: Thanks for All the Help!! Sea Mac I'm Putting the Stock Phrases in the Scrapbook for Now but will chase down this Auto-Text thing. I hadn't seen it because I'm not using Office 2004 yet, so don't waste any time on my careless words. On 9/30/04 10:21 PM, "Sea Mac" wrote: > You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I > Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Gr...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Displaying XML Stream on ASP.NET Page
I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET page. I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object. Can XML Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader. Also, what other options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ashish wrot...

How to set a default currency