Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)

I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with
number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with
Publisher 2002.
When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar
menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu.

What to do??

Regards,

Bill
0
russeng (1)

Go to Page 1, Insert|Section

--
JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher

"Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message
> I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with
> number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with
> Publisher 2002.
> When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar
> menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu.
>
> What to do??
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/18/2004 7:45:10 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Bill
<russeng@kiowaonline.net>!"...
> I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with
> number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with
> Publisher 2002.

Office Pro 2003 comes with Publisher 2003.
Out of interest, why are you still using Publisher 2002?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

generate random numbers..
Hi..!! is it possible for excel to generate random numbers, let's say lik product numbers..?? if it's possible.. then how... thx.. -- xyncr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- xyncro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26847 There's the RAND() function and, in the Analysis Tool Pack, the RANDBETWEEN function. They may return duplicates, however. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:53:39 -0500, xyncro <xyncro.1e0nxy@excelforum-nospam.co...

listing 1 of value in column of multiples
Hi, is there a way of listing 1 of items that may be be in multiples in a column? example: Column A Column B 1234 £5000 5644 £7600 1234 £5000 1234 £5000 6875 £7800 i have column a listed via data validation so the sum next to it will always read the same as any matching figure in the column. i only want it to list the number once giving me: 1234 £5000 5644 £7600 6875 £7800 thanks in advance NS Use Advanced filtering: Pull-down: Data > Filter > Advanc...

550 5.7.1 messages
lately some of my users get the following message: From: System Administrator >Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:28 AM >To: sunny.Surawijaya@xyz.com >Subject: Undeliverable: **Message you sent blocked by our bulk email filter** > >Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: Document Closeout > Sent: 3/7/2007 11:27 AM > >The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > sunny.Surawijaya@xyz.com on 3/7/2007 11:28 AM > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance,...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

find the largest number in column
How do get Excel (Ofc 2000) to check all the numbers in column B to find the largest number and copy it into cell C3? Jack "Jack" <jslimp01@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:OTobvLDQFHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do get Excel (Ofc 2000) to check all the numbers in column B to find the > largest number and copy it into cell C3? > > Jack > > In C3, enter =MAX(B:B) /Fredrik Jack, Use the MAX function. In cell C3, use the following formula: =MAX(B:B) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpe...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

pop3 server not starting
brand new domain setup. server2003, exchange 2003. everything appears to work very nicely. upon rebooting the server, the virtual pop3 server doesnt startup. in services, the pop3 service is set to automatic and claims to be started. but the server itself needs to be manually started through exchange system manager. any ideas? Any relevant events in Application Event log? jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net wrote: > brand new domain setup. server2003, exchange 2003. everything appears to > work very nicely. upon rebooting the server, the virtual pop3 server doesnt > startup. in services...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

Tracking Numbers on Invoices
How do I add the field tracking numbers to my invoice? What table is it on? SOP10107 "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4050F1D4-7BF2-4A8F-9DBD-00973E84CC92@microsoft.com... > How do I add the field tracking numbers to my invoice? What table is it > on? > > I need to print the LAST tracking number when multiple tracking numbers are used on the invoice. How can this be done? Thanks. "HSalim[MVP]" wrote: > SOP10107 > > "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

converting numbers to seconds or minutes
I need enter some numbers in a cell from a hard copy report. The prin out column is in time format eg Let say cell C1 is 1:14 meaning one minute and 14 seconds. However I do not want to type type th colon : I want to type just 114 (to save time in data entry) an convert that automatically to seconds. I guess I need to create a input mask first then convert the number to seconds. What formul will recognize my data entry and convert it to seconds? I guess th value on the data entry is not time but just numerical value -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out ...

sql server agent won't start
hi guys After I moved my sysdatabases and error log to another drive, I restarted the sql server services. The databases look fine but sql server agent won't start. In the error log/windows event log, there's no error message except saying "sql server agent shut down successfully" sth like that. I checked all the data/log/errorlog folder/files permissions and made sure sql server service account (also sql server agent account) have all the permissions but still sql server agent won't start. But then I tried to add that account in the local administrator gro...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Excel formula(?) for choosing only 1 cell..
Hi ~ Is it possible to create a formula or rule that allows only 1 cell within a designated range to be selected? Similar to a survey where the user can only choose 1 option.This is for an internal shipping request form and I want requestors to be able to select only 1 service level (overnight, ground, etc.). So if they click on one then change their mind, clicking on the correct box "moves" the check mark. Thx Easy way would be a ListBox from the Forms menu. select View, Toolbars, Forms and select the Listbox and draw a box. Rightmouse and select Format Control, and select...

Total working hours problem if it start from 30 at night and ends on the 31 morning
Dear all, i am using this to get the total wroking hours per day TOTAL WORKING HOURS PER DAY: DateDiff("n",[TIME IN],[TIME OUT]+DateDiff ("n",[TIME IN 2],[TIME OUT 2]))/60 It is working perfectly until i have this Employee Name Day Date Time Clock In/OUT Tia Kareem Fri 10/30/2009 5:59pm IN Tia Kareem Sat 10/31/2009 3:27am OUT IF i will use the same expression i will be getting total working hours per day : -14.53 Employee Name Date IN ...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

Numbers show instead of text
I entered text into some cells, and it shows up as numbers. What do I do? What sort of text? Where is it entered? What type of numbers? A small example would be nice. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 14:36:02 -0700, Mcoste <Mcoste@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I entered text into some cells, and it shows up as numbers. What do I do? It sounds like you have the data formatted for numeric in the first row of that column. Select the problem cells, right click, select format cells, and select Number type of "General". Good Luck! "Mcoste&quo...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

Outlook 2003 and Palm3.0.1
My old Palm will not sycn to Outlook. Is there a free patch? I know I can buy PocketMirror from Chapura. See if Palm has an update to their software for Outlook 2003. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "henry_altman@hms.haarvard.edu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0de801c3a9fe$e4822e70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My old Palm will not sycn to Outlook. Is there a free ...

XML The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
Im getting this error while trying to read a xml file that i receive from a POST heres the code: Dim MyXmlReader As XmlTextReader Dim strNodeResult As String Dim NodeType As XmlNodeType Dim objwriter As StreamWriter Try MyXmlReader = New XmlTextReader(Request.InputStream) Do While MyXmlReader.Read '*******ERROR HERE ******** NodeType = MyXmlReader.NodeType Select Case NodeType 'Case XmlNodeType.XmlDeclaration 'strNodeResult += "XML Declaration :...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...