Page Name #2

Hi All,
I am using Publisher 2007 this is my first time using publisher.
I have 2 questions which need your great help.

1. When i Publish to the Web I will get an
index.htm file which is my home page plus an
"index_files" folder that contain other pages and all the supporting
graphics. The other pages in the folder is named as page1141.htm,
page1231.htm and etc. Can i know how can i change the page name of other
pages to something like AboutUs.htm, ContactUs.htm and etc?
I did tried to change it after publish but all my link is gone.

2. I have a Hyperlink in one of the page which is link to a PDF file on my
desktop. I am using IIS. When i paste the index.htm file and the folder to
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot. The link of the PDF file is gone, which mean the broswer
cannot download the file from the link.

Anyone please help me with my questions. Thanks!

0
Mavis (2)

Mavis wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am using Publisher 2007 this is my first time using publisher.
> I have 2 questions which need your great help.
>
> 1. When i Publish to the Web I will get an
> index.htm file which is my home page plus an
> "index_files" folder that contain other pages and all the supporting
> graphics. The other pages in the folder is named as page1141.htm,
> page1231.htm and etc. Can i know how can i change the page name of
> other pages to something like AboutUs.htm, ContactUs.htm and etc?
> I did tried to change it after publish but all my link is gone.
>
> 2. I have a Hyperlink in one of the page which is link to a PDF file
> on my desktop. I am using IIS. When i paste the index.htm file and
> the folder to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot. The link of the PDF file is gone,
> which mean the broswer cannot download the file from the link.
>
> Anyone please help me with my questions. Thanks!
=====================================
Try asking your question the following newsgroup:

"Publisher Web Design"
http://tinyurl.com/5l7mb5
   or...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US

BTW, be sure to include your
MS Publisher version and your
Windows version.

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)
10/28/2009 5:10:14 AM
1. Go to Tools > Web Page Options and under Publish to the Web and in the
File Name field but AboutUs to get that page name of AboutUs.htm.

2. Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx

And as John suggested if you have any follow up questions or new web
question, please post in the web design group and we will try to help you
there.

DavidF

"Mavis" <Mavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am using Publisher 2007 this is my first time using publisher.
> I have 2 questions which need your great help.
>
> 1. When i Publish to the Web I will get an
> index.htm file which is my home page plus an
> "index_files" folder that contain other pages and all the supporting
> graphics. The other pages in the folder is named as page1141.htm,
> page1231.htm and etc. Can i know how can i change the page name of other
> pages to something like AboutUs.htm, ContactUs.htm and etc?
> I did tried to change it after publish but all my link is gone.
>
> 2. I have a Hyperlink in one of the page which is link to a PDF file on my
> desktop. I am using IIS. When i paste the index.htm file and the folder to
> C:\Inetpub\wwwroot. The link of the PDF file is gone, which mean the
> broswer
> cannot download the file from the link.
>
> Anyone please help me with my questions. Thanks!

0
Nope8657 (939)

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

charting #2
i have a column for person's name, and serveral other columns with values on time used for TV, CD, etc.. how can i generate a chart which presents to me a list of all names with the time used for TV, CD, etc during year 2006 ? Depending on how your data is laid out, you may be able to sort it and then use data|subtotals. Or maybe even data|Pivottable. If you've never use pivottables, here are a few links: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

Outlook on 2 Computers #3
How does one synchronize data from Outlook 2003 on a Desktop computer and Outlook 2003 on a laptop? When I travel, I carry my laptop. Before leaving I copy Outlook.pst from the desktop computer to the laptop, and when I first log on with the laptop, it downloads a couple of hundred email files online. I thought emails were saved in Outlook.pst and emails would be up to date on the laptop when the updated Outlook.pst was first opened. "Don Bouchard" <dbouchard@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:6ey8h.17495$B31.7746@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net... > How does one synchroni...

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

use expression as field name in query
I'm trying to use an expression to create a field name in a query. I have an "Employee" file. that has fields "Sun", "Mon", "Tue" ... "Sat" that contain their normal number of hours scheduled. I have a function DayName(schdate) that uses the Weekdayname(date) to get the day of the week, based on a date field, that returns the string "Mon" or "Tue" etc. I want to use the resulting DayName as the fieldname to get the normal #hours. I have a function that returns the string "Mon" or "Tue" correc...

Dialog problem #2
now i using winpcap to get the ip address and packet content.now this process will take place quite fast on a network.now when you are transferring on to a dialog edit....i am able to display it on a message box .......when i use message box i am able to get it on the edit box as well. but when you give UpdateData(false) in an infinite loop it is not getting updated. please help. my mail id is fenn_j@rediffmail.com "jeevan" <fenn_j@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:etLtkGOvDHA.2880@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > now i using winpcap to get the ip address and packet conten...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?iiA=?=To Clipboard?
You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Great: Thanks for All the Help!! Sea Mac I'm Putting the Stock Phrases in the Scrapbook for Now but will chase down this Auto-Text thing. I hadn't seen it because I'm not using Office 2004 yet, so don't waste any time on my careless words. On 9/30/04 10:21 PM, "Sea Mac" wrote: > You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I > Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Gr...

Inter process communications #2
Hi Everyone, I have two process that I want to send data between (a short string for example, an IP address). I know that because of the different address spaces I can't simply send the pointer to the string (char *) from one app to another. And I know that I can use WM_COPYDATA to send the data over safely. But I am looking for away that I can use a Registered message instead of the generic WM_COPYDATA (because I don't want to send the message to anyone else by mistake, I am finding the second process by doing a FindWindow, not very safe if you ask me). Would a chunck of data cre...

How to "flip" pages in Reading Layout
At work, we use outlook professional, and documents are sent in "Reading Layout" format. Trouble is, I don't know how to flip the pages. Can you please help me? This is the message I get when I open a mult-page document in MS Word. Welcome to Reading Layout (Microsoft Office Word) This view has been designed to make it easier to read documents on your screen without needing to print them out. Reading Layout: • Lets you flip pages, like reading a book. • Uses large text with ClearType for easy reading. • Is an ideal place to review and comment on a document. • Shows only th...

Displaying XML Stream on ASP.NET Page
I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET page. I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object. Can XML Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader. Also, what other options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ashish wrot...

CScrollBar #2
Hello, I have a dilaog, made with the resource editor, with a custom window in it,. Within the custom window I'm drawing an image. Its possible that this image may be larger than the custom window, so I need scroll bars. Using the Resource editor I added a horizontal and a vertial scroll bar to this dialog. These CScrollBars are to be used with the custom window. I'm able to set the range for the scroll bars properly as well as retrive the value where the scroll box currently is. The problem I'm having is that once a mouse up occurs after dragging the scroll box, ...

Paging Limit
Hi all, I've a little Pronlem with the Paging Limit. In Version 1.2 You can set the Max or min Value in the <CRMWeb>\Tools\personalsettings\dialogs\personalsettings.aspx file. But how can a set this in the 3.0? My Problem is some of your useres select 250. But this value is to large. The should only have 50. I can set it in the UserSettings Database, but all useres can set it again to 250. So I must lock the Values over 50 for each user. So I hope somebody know how I can change this. Thanks, Andre ...

How can I change the name of the chart ?
L.S., Normaly a new chart gets the name "Chart 1". I want to change it in a another name. How can I change it with normal Excel functionality and how can I change it with VBA ? Thanks, Aalt A chart embedded in a worksheet is actually contained in the chartobject container. It is usually more useful to change the container's name. To get the requisite VBA code, turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro... do the below stuff and turn off the recorder. Click in any cell in the worksheet. Then SHIFT+click on the chart of interest. The name box (extr...

Account Name auto-fill in
Hello, Is it possible to take information from 2 fields from the new account page and automatically fill in the 'Account Name' field on that same page? Thanks! Hi, Yes you can using JScript. Following is the code you may use to access a value of a field crmForm.all.SOME_STRING_FIELD_ID.DataValue; -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "crysztl" wrote: > Hello, > Is it possible to take information from 2 fields from the new account > page and automat...