over-writting on document

I am new to the Publisher world and I am having a problem
with a church bulletin I developed. When I enter new
information into my document some of the text does not
move and the new typing just goes right on top of the old
instead of pushing it along (wrapping). What do I do to
fix this and why is it doing it? It is making me crazy!

Hope
0
ebenezer (1)

You have inadvertently pressed the "insert key", press it again and your troubles
will be over.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Hope" <ebenezer@usfamily.net> wrote in message
> I am new to the Publisher world and I am having a problem
> with a church bulletin I developed. When I enter new
> information into my document some of the text does not
> move and the new typing just goes right on top of the old
> instead of pushing it along (wrapping). What do I do to
> fix this and why is it doing it? It is making me crazy!
>
> Hope

0
gsauer (5094)

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Get "Document Not Saved" error
Not sure what happened but all of sudden when I try to save this file get the "Document Not Saved" error message. Even if I try a file sav as and change the name I get it. Hoping you can help me save 2 hour of work. :( By the way, like the new format : -- Kevla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kevlar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=723 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26337 ...

Why are all my Word documents blank?
Lately my Word docs are coming up blank, whether I open from a folder, from Word, view in print preview, etc. I can open them in WordPad and the text is displayed. But not in Word. I'm in Office 2003 on an HP Pavilion laptop. A restart solves the problem, but it keeps happening. ...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Recent Documents
How can I have it show my recent documents when I click Start? Sol S1L1Y1 wrote: > How can I have it show my recent documents when I click Start? In the Taskbar or Start menu properties, right click one or the other and select Properties and have a look at the different options. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307875 How To Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in Windows XP John ...

Word Document to Excel
I have a large mailing list that was formatted in Word in a table. I would like to export it into Excel. Thanks for any help. You should be able to just select all (Ctrl A) and then copy and paste it into Excel. Jess "D. Hockenberry" wrote: > I have a large mailing list that was formatted in Word in a table. I would > like to export it into Excel. Thanks for any help. ...

Creating Boxes Within A Document
I need to provide check boxes for questions in a document I'm creating. There will be two columns of questions each requiring boxes to check for yes or no. I've researched through the Help within Word but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Word 2000. Thank you in advance. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to. Or, if you don't want to use a protected form, http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barn...

Converting Word Document into Publisher
When I bring a report from word into publisher. Publishers creates a blank page every other page. I cant delete these pages. What happens when you try to delete the blank page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jeannette" <Jeannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:934B5D92-53F8-443C-95D8-6424B86026D3@microsoft.com... > When I bring a report from word into publisher. Publishers creates a > blank > page every other page. I cant delete these pages. ...

Merge into same document using different data sources
I have a template file that I use as a mailer. Each week I set up my merge fields and merge from an excel data file. The following week I want everything to look exactly the same but want to merge from a different excel list. I open the publication, tell it to proceed without connection to the datasource (my old list), choose tools, mail merge, use an existing list ... and all of my perfectly placed merge fields disappear! So every time I want to use another list I have to put my merge fields in again. My headers are the same in every excel file so mapping should not be a problem. ...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How to call another file in your xml document.
Greetings. I have an app which calls "text.xml", which is stored on a network share. Each user has different text requirements. what I want is for "text.xml" which is stored on the network, to read a file locally on the user's macine (i.e. c:\localtext\text.txt) and populate it with the local contents and display it. So for each user the content would be customized to his liking. Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how. Thank You Hemang "Hemang Shah" <v-hshah@microsoft.com> wrote: > Please let me know if this is possible and if...

Word, Excel and Powerpoint all opening the previous document
Has anyone else had this problem since installing Office 2004? Whenever I open Word, Excel or Powerpoint, it first opens the last document I had open before I can get to the document that I want. Anyone worked out how to stop that? ...

i need to have more text options in a running writting font
I have to format a logo from a hand written sign. The text "Script MT Bold" is quite acceptable but the 'f' needs to have a loop on the bottom not on the top. The dot above the 'i' needs to be round not square. Is there any way I can develop the text that I need or change the actual letters? I have done the work in 2003 Publisher. I use Brush Script MT and the letters are properly portrayed. The loop for the "f" is on the bottom and the dot over the "i" looks rounds. If I can be of help, send me a note to: dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com -...

Maintaining off-document connectivity
I'm an intern working on a project for a company that wishes to split their process flows into separate but cross-linked software-specific and hardware-specific documents so that the main document does not require updating as often. The intent is to have this functional as a group of Visio documents, sorted by application. I am using Visio 2003 Professional SP1 on Windows XP. I am using RUNADDONWARGS("OPC","/CMD=4"), and I have also set the hyperlinks to relative path. The links do work when the absolute path is used. I have tried this both locally and on a...

Report Writting
Hi, Can someone please guide me on how to create a calculated field that will convert from numbers to word in Invoicing report format? I try to look at the tech knowledge but it only shown in the Purchasing format. Thanks!! You can use the same method for reports of any series. Also look in the SDK at the Report Writer functions and you will commands like these below. RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers() in System Series function returns string OUT_string; in currency IN_Value; { Value of Currency } in string IN_Currency; { Currency ID of Currency - Leave Blank for Functional } in integ...

Report Formatting & Writting
Hi Everyone, 1. I am just gettign to grips with writting .qrp reports in RMS and wondered if anyone knows if there is a WYSIWYG editor available to help speed up developement? 2. I want to be able to hightlight figures on reports in red if they are negative - is this possible? Tia 1) Nope, no WYSIWG editor. 2) No, you can't set the color, but you can use a standard VB Format String in the "ColFormat" field of the column definition. Here's teh MSDN Reference on number formats: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4fb56f4y.aspx Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulti...

Caption Numbering in a long document
I posted this last week but didn't get any response. I am reposting just in case the reason was that it looked like I may have answered my own question - which I didn't. I am using MS Word 2003 in a Windows XP Pro environment. I am working on a document with many (100+) figures with captions that are located in various chapters, sections and subsections. I don't have a problem numbering the caption automatically with the appropriate heading level but when I adjust the caption heading level in the caption dialog box (e.g. from H3 to H4) all of my previously created H3 ...

Can't open Documents
When I try and open documents on my Office 2004 for Mac I get an error message, saying that the file can't be opened because it is already opened or some other program is trying to open it. I know that it is not open anywhere else and I have the same problem with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint documents that I received from co- workers in Entourage. The files I received where all created on PC systems. Any thoughts??? OK, we need to do a little differential diagnosis here because this one is going to be complex. First, please work your way patiently through the trouble-shooting tips her...

Merging Documents
-- I have created two different Publisher documents that I want to merge into one document. Can this be done? What version Publisher? There is a method here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs There is always the copy/paste. Edit, Office Clipboard, you can collect 24 items. Select all on a page, group, copy. This will not work correctly if the text boxes are linked. I have a way on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ginport" <ginport@discussions.micro...

Recent documents displayed
My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently viewed documents . . . any ideas why? "Randy Brown" <RandyBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B020EB0-7EBF-4C35-84D7-DA10C951D5E2@microsoft.com... > My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently > viewed > documents . . . any ideas why? In Word do Office Button-Word Options-Advanced and scroll down to Display. What is the value of the "Show this number of recent Documents" set to? ...

3 views in same document in mdi app
Does anyone know how to switch between 3 views in the same window in a mfc application. I have 3 menu functions, OnSalesChart, OnSalesTable, OnCategoryChart. the sales chart is the default view. I'm doing a variation of the code extract listed, which works but only if i swap between one to the other and then back again before switching to another view. I think the problem lies with m_pDataList->SetDlgCtrlID(AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST); m_pCategoryView->SetDlgCtrlID(AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST+1); and how im processing them. Could anyone help, if you need to email me, remove the obvious ...

saving publisher document
Is there a way to save a publisher document (newsletter) with all of the formatting to another application that can be emailed to a group that does not have publisher loaded? Thanks Tracy wrote: > Is there a way to save a publisher document (newsletter) > with all of the formatting to another application that > can be emailed to a group that does not have publisher > loaded? > > Thanks ======================================= For editing...no. For viewing...read the following: View Publisher Files Without Publisher http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/column16.asp An ar...

Inserting a complete page from one document to another
I am trying to cut a page from one document and pasting it to another document. Any help would be approeciated What problems are you having? Usually it is a straightforward copy/paste. If you want the entire page, edit, select all, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RK" <RK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BBEA70F-BD9A-479B-B6A9-F92933A0DC8B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to cut a page from one document and pasting it to another > document. Any help would be approec...

Document Not Saved on MS Excel file on W2K Server
I'm not so sure what newsgroup category will this issue fall. I have a file server with Windows 2000 Server SP4 OS and a WIndows NT Workstation desktops. Some of my users complain that when they will try to open an file especially excel file from the server, and when they try to save the file, its prompts for "Document Not Saved", even though that they didn't make the file idle. I have 50 desktop PC and 60 CALs for my server. Please help. Mark I'm not sure what "make the file idle" means, but when excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a...

Sharepoint 2007
Afternoon I need some help on SP2007. I have read that SP2010 has functionality for 'document sets'. It looks like this is a very useful function. A project I am working on the internal customer now wants this however we only have SP2007. I believe that we have purchased K2(some tool to help develop for SP) but I need a quick straight answer on other ways of replicating this functionality. Any help would be great as I am new to this application. Thanks Exactly what is the "functionality" your customer wants? --rms www.rmschneider.com ...