Operator's Manual Template

I'm working on an operator's manual for a fire truck.  I have it in Word.
There are 11 sections.  I have a table of contents and figures. I'm looking
for a template for Publisher or Word to dress it up and make it more
managable.
0
jholland (1)

You could start here.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx

"jholland" <jholland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on an operator's manual for a fire truck.  I have it in Word.
> There are 11 sections.  I have a table of contents and figures. I'm
> looking
> for a template for Publisher or Word to dress it up and make it more
> managable.

0
Anthemwebs (309)
4/26/2007 1:44:22 PM
Define "dress it up".

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"jholland" <jholland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on an operator's manual for a fire truck.  I have it in Word.
> There are 11 sections.  I have a table of contents and figures. I'm
> looking
> for a template for Publisher or Word to dress it up and make it more
> managable.

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/26/2007 1:54:18 PM
Maybe some clipart images
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=fire&sc=20#0

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"jholland" <jholland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on an operator's manual for a fire truck.  I have it in Word.
> There are 11 sections.  I have a table of contents and figures. I'm looking
> for a template for Publisher or Word to dress it up and make it more
> managable.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/26/2007 2:48:53 PM
As Pub does not do Table Of Contents or Index you would be better
staying with Word to get your TOC updated as you go rather than have to
manually find page numbers and insert them in the TOC.

--
John G.

"jholland" <jholland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on an operator's manual for a fire truck.  I have it in
> Word.
> There are 11 sections.  I have a table of contents and figures. I'm
> looking
> for a template for Publisher or Word to dress it up and make it more
> managable.

0
Greentest1 (225)

downloading excel templates
why do all the templates I download start opening office 2003 when I don't have that. the blurb on the template download says office 97 or later. I have office 2000. so effectively, I cannot use the above referenced template because it tries to open office 2003 when I download it. what do I do? Which template are you talking about? On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:41:08 -0800, Tim <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >why do all the templates I download start opening office 2003 when I don't >have that. the blurb on the template download says office 97 or later. I have >...

How to manually delay sending emails until after working hours
Hi there, We have an issue in work where some staff are emailing attachments to 50-60 users at a time, as mass emails. These attachments aren't that big in the grand scheme of things (say, 500kb), but sending the email to 50-60 recipients is surely adding an unnecessary load to our bandwidth. We're using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. Is there a way that a user can choose to manually set an email to be sent to the Exchange server for sending, but with a time delay for after working hours, so it doesn't affect our daily service? I'd appreciate any advice on this. Th...

Manual Calculation
I have a user who says that her excel spreadsheet keeps changing 'all by itself' to manual calculation! Is there any shortcut key have she might be pressing that is doing this? Or any other suggestions, please? Wendy Excel picks up this setting from the first workbook you open in that session. So if you're unlucky enough to open a (common???) workbook that someone saved with manual calculation, you could be toggling that setting often. But if you open a workbook that has calculation set to automatic first, then you'll get automatic calculation until you change it. So ...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

setting custom footer in This Workbook that opens everytime (default template)
Hello: I'd like to have a default template that everytime it's open has code in the This Workbook. The code I have sets a custom footer with the username and I want this to be attached to the workbook so when I e-mail the file, the new users will have the same functionality. I made a workbook called "Book1.xlt" and saved it in my XLStart folder with the custom footer code in the This Workbook, but when I restarted XL the code was not in my new workbook. Hi Pablo > I made a workbook called "Book1.xlt" and saved it in my XLStart folder must be "Book.xlt&...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

Manual Check transaction flows to Bank Rec
When a manual check in GP 10.0 is posted in Payroll a batch is created in GL and BR. I can delete the batch in the GL but how do I do that in Bank Rec? I know that you can void the check in Bank Rec but that means I would have to do that 900 times (I only want to update Payroll), is there an easier way? Thanks! Why are you doing a manual check? Is it to record an ADP type check? Or to just record wages? If you do not need the check number why not just process an adjustment in Payroll Manual Check - Adjustment Entry? The same general process applies but it does not update Bank Re...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Style not importing correctly from template
I am using Word 2007. I am working on "Document A", and I want to import all styles from "Template 1." So, I follow these steps: 1. On Developer tab, click Document Template. 2. On Templates and Add-ins window, click Organizer. 3. On Organizer tab, I close the Normal.dot template on the source side. 4. I make sure the document name is showing on the target side. 5. I copy ALL the styles from Template 1 to Document A. When I open Document A, it does not retain all of the formatting details of the styles in Template 1. For example, Heading 3 does not come...

Operator precedence (order of operate) =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2)
Hi, what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) 1- A1+A2 2- A1/A2 3- A3^5 4- A2*A3 Regards. If it were me, I'd put parens in to ensure I get the calculation I want. "Masood Shahab" <masshahab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9d5QwzsFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? > =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) > > 1- A1+A2 > > 2- A1/A2 > > 3- A3^5 > > 4- A2*A3 > > > > Regards. > > > Masood Shahab wrote... &...

Use Excel template from Word
Hi, I'm trying to create a new workbook based on a template in Excel, but I want to run the code from a toolbar I have in Word (so I will click the button in Word, Excel will open and create a new spreadsheet based on the template). I have the following code, but I can't get it to work: Sub Test() Set myobject = CreateObject("Excel.Application") myobject.workbooks.New(FileName:="P:\Dept\Firm Word Templates\Timetable\Rule 16 domestic.xlt") End Sub Can anybody help? Thanks Dim xlApp As Object Dim xlWB As Object Dim xlWS As Object Dim cRows ...

Create a template.
In VB.NET (VS 2008), I want easily create my new class or win-form, and make it as a template, so I can easily use and create new forms / classes based on that template. Thanks :) On 2010-04-03, Mr. X. <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote: > In VB.NET (VS 2008), > I want easily create my new class or win-form, and make it as a template, > so I can easily use and create new forms / classes based on that template. > > Thanks :) What is your question exaclty? How do do it? You design your form. Then, you inherit other forms from that form. That's the ...

where do I find check stub templates 4 free
I am needing check stub templates that calculate. I downloaded 1 using MS Office, but it won't allow me to input. On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:14:03 -0800, Mia <Mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am needing check stub templates that calculate. I downloaded 1 using MS >Office, but it won't allow me to input. Are you looking at Word, or Access, or Excel, or something else? This forum is for Access databases; you could certainly create an Access Report that looks like a checkstub, but I suspect that Word might be better for you. -- John W. Vin...

You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.
Do you know why is the following message appearings "You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.Please try again later". I have nothing running in the background. I am trying to import a file by downloading from the web and then clicking "Open" button. Some activity is in process, either the one you initiated or another one Money piggy-backed on your request. Money does some auto-processing on imported files, trying to match the file transactions to existing Money transactions. It doesn't let you make any transac...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

Templates help, Excel 2003
I have soem templates that I store in a shared folder in a mapped driv over a peer to peer network. The folder is teh alterante stratu folder (Z:\\XLSTART). When I do File, new, I see the links to m templates, but they wont load. If I click in the "On my computer link, the dialog box will pop up, the templates will be there but the wont load! Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com bump -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, the alternate startup folder isn't usually used for templates--in fact, it's not usually used (that I've s...

Create Word Document with Specified Word Template from Access Report
Hi Folks - Currently, users have a Word document with an attached template that contains numerous (over 200) autotext entries. Each autotext entry contains multiple FILLIN fields. The user inserts the appropriate autotext entry and is prompted by the FILLIN fields. I'd like to create an Access report, convert it to a Word document, and attach the template programmatically so the user still can use the autotext entries. I've seen numerous ways to convert the Access report to Word, but not how to attach a specific template. Any ideas? Michael ...

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed
I seem to be getting this error from the client side of Headquarters quite often, and I can't seem to find any solution online. The MessageBox also says: "(Unhandled Error, state = '7')" Seems to me this could possibly be a programming error, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Or, does anyone know if this is a problem that they haven't dealt with yet, or at least whether this is a problem I'm supposed to deal with or they are supposed to deal with? "Cribstoteens" wrote: > I seem to be getting this error from t...

Outlook templates #3
When I try to save an email in html format as an outlook template ".oft" it converts it into plain text and I lose all my bullets and formatting. Why is this happening? it didn't used to happen before. I have some older templates where my bullets and formatting is still there. But any new ones I create just get converted into Plain Text when I select create from user templates in file system. Thanks for your help. Ana ...

Printing from the Store Operations Journal
I am trying to print from the store operation manager journal. When I go to print I get a message indicating that: "An error occured while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured before continuing." I get this if I: Click the Print button Click the Page Setup button Press Alt-P (per the help file) I am running RMS 2.0 with SP2 currently installed. Earlier today I had SP3 installed. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and SP2. I am a tech support person and do no...

Help with microsoft access template
Hi I have downloaded the free access 2003 classroom management database from the templates area of the Microsoft office site. But I have a problem, how to I add classes and assignments to students I am assuming that each student can have different classes in the database. I am assuming it requires data being added in either a form or table in the database. I am sorry for what will be a simple question but as you can guess I am somewhat challenged when it comes to databases. Best Regards John "John Luc" <websolutions@NOSPAMclara.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23BInJxFfHHA....

Money 2004 illegal operation error
Hi, Recently, about a week ago, whenever I close my Money 2004 program I get an illegal operation error as follows; MSN has caused an invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff9db61. I have checked everywhere I can think of to find the problem with no results. This only occurs when I close the program. Sometimes when I click close on the error message it goes away and I can continue normally, other times the error message just keeps popping right back and I have to reboot to get rid of it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I am using Windows 98se and IE 6.0. T...

Campaign Templates
I'm trying to figure out how to use Campaign Templates, or at least some copyable framework for a campaign that I can copy over and over again each time I have a tradeshow, promotion, or whatever else. Campaigns are set up to do this or at least it looks that way but they don't accomplish my task. Maybe I'm using it incorrectly but it seems pretty straight forward. Here's what I've done. 1. Create a New Campaign Template from the Campaign screen. 2. Fill in the form information desired and click save. 3. Now I set up the activities that I want as part of my template so th...

questionable operation
I have a user with an installation of Windows 2000, Office 2000 with all the latest service packs. Opening Excel first and then opening a .XLS file works as designed. Opening anything else, either from a shortcut or the actual file ends up with not only that file open but a 'Book1' file open as well. Also being opened this way if any change is made to the original file and an attempt to Exit (not just close the file) is made...it asks the usual "Do you want to save changes" message...but then it does not close the file. Both 'Book1' and the original file remain open. ...