Opening Publisher #5

I have no clue what I have done.  When I open Publisher the Windows Installer
 window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd.  Nothing
happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking.  When I open a
Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be.
0
emims (4)

What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have no clue what I have done.  When I open Publisher the Windows Installer
> window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd.  Nothing
> happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking.  When I open a
> Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have no clue what I have done.  When I open Publisher the Windows Installer
> > window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd.  Nothing
> > happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking.  When I open a
> > Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be.

0
emims (4)
8/8/2007 5:40:05 PM
I have the microsoft cd.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have no clue what I have done.  When I open Publisher the Windows Installer
> > window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd.  Nothing
> > happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking.  When I open a
> > Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be.

0
emims (4)
8/8/2007 5:40:06 PM
Did you try inserting the CD when asked? (I have to ask because you didn't
say whether you did that or not.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

>I have the microsoft cd.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have no clue what I have done.  When I open Publisher the Windows
>> >Installer
>> > window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd.  Nothing
>> > happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking.  When I
>> > open a
>> > Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose
>> > to be.

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/8/2007 5:49:10 PM
Yes and it gives and error.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Did you try inserting the CD when asked? (I have to ask because you didn't
> say whether you did that or not.)
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the microsoft cd.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
emims (4)
8/8/2007 6:36:41 PM
Run the Cleanup utility. You will be asked for your product number. If you
aren't sure download the Belarc advisor and run it first.

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Yes and it gives and error.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Did you try inserting the CD when asked? (I have to ask because you didn't
>> say whether you did that or not.)
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the microsoft cd.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Publisher 2000

Problem trying to open old money file

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

opening links in outlook

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Moving mailboxes between Exch. 5.5 and 2003
Hello When I try to move mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003 I got following error. You do not have the rights required to complete the operation. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80070005-0000-00000000 I have assigned Permission Admin rights to about anything I can think of at the 5.5 side. Any help greatly appreciated TIA Rudy Steyaert Hi Rudy You might want to take a look at this article and see if it helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;264119 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Problem after mailbox restore in Exchange 5.5
I restored a users mailbox with backup exec, which went succesfully. If I look at the Mailbox Resources I see that the size of the restored mailbox is about a 100.000 K and there are about 3000 messages in it. When I connect to the mailbox with Outlook XP, I do not see any messages and the amilbox size button in oulook states 35K. How can I resolve this issue? On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 05:45:04 -0800, "EG" <EG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I restored a users mailbox with backup exec, which went succesfully. If I >look at the Mailbox Resources I see that the size ...

Publishing CRM Web
I have a client, customer, that I service for their network & IT administration of Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and about 15 workstations on a LAN and two remote offices with 4 remote clients that currently vpn in to work. About a year ago, we contracted with outsource consultant to install MS CRM 1.2 on the small business server. A few months ago, said consultant upgraded the customer to CRM 3.0. The customer purchased a new Windows Server 2K3 R2, which I installed and setup as a member server in the current domain. I then installed the necessary components for consu...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Disappearing Pictures in Publisher
Hi, I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures. Most of the pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View / Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the picture does not show up. We really need to fix this probl...

EXCEL Files open Slow

publisher custom paper size
I am using Publisher 2003 and an HP Photosmart 7660 printer. I am trying to print on precut paper which is 5.5x8.5" I follow the directions for setting up custom paper sizes, but when I am in publisher the custom form does not appear. However, the custom form is set up in the printerand does show up when not in Publisher. Any suggestions? Also is there some sort of work around? Did you select the custom option in the page setup after you setup your printer? If it did not reflect the printer setting... Use your custom page setup in your printer rather than the HP default. You s...

Problem with outlook 2003 stop information store in exchange 5.5 s
In my scenario my mail server is exchange 5.5 server enterprise...Two weeks ago all my clients was outlook 2000 , but we have been migrating to outlook 2003.The issue starts after the change.....several clients stop working and in my exchange server 5.5 the information store service stop with a Dr Watson popup.The problem is just the same as the exposed in KB834466 .... Any idea to solve this issue?? Anyone with the same problem??? thanks.... There is a known issue with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 5.5. You must have 818709 installed or you will crash your store. Installing this hotf...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...