Opening Page format

Using MS Publisher 2002, I want the opening page to show only a blank
page, not a graphic showing - in a third of the screen - a selection
of "scheme - options - designs"

Help/advice will be appreciated.
0
pill (11)

If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 -
UNBELIEVABLE

Go to menu Tools > Options tab General second item down - DE-select

donotknock (1942)
9/10/2003 7:44:07 AM
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:44:07 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 -
>UNBELIEVABLE

I'm not.

>Go to menu Tools > Options tab General second item down - DE-select
It doesn't

Thanks anyway.

0
pill (11)
9/10/2003 8:03:04 PM
It does work.

You must be doing something wrong.

donotknock (1942)
9/10/2003 9:59:34 PM
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:59:34 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>It does work.
>
>You must be doing something wrong.
______________________________________
I open MS Publisher 2002 (10.2621.2625)

The left hand third of the screen is taken up a
drop down menu containing the following icons...
Quick Publication Options
Publication Designer
Colour Schemes
Font Schemes

The right hand two thirds of the screen is
occupied by a 47% blank A4 Page

I followed your instructions...
opened 'Options'  then 'General' and attempted to
de-select the second box down  ( Use New
Publication Task Pane at Startup) but it
isn't selected.

Please advise?

Coincidentally, I change the ruler measure from
centimetres to inches and OK the process,
but the amendment isn't saved and the next
time I switch on, it has reverted to centimetres.?

Thank you in anticipation.
pill (11)
9/11/2003 8:00:11 PM
Serendipity I can assure you the second item down as shown in the attached
screen capture stops the Task Pane opening when you start Publisher.  I have
tried it twice.

Have you installed the Updates to Publisher 2002.  I don't know if this was
an issue in the un-patched version, but it certainly works on my patched
version.

Because your country users the proper measuring system Metric, the defaults
on your Windows operating system are set to Metric.
For each new publication you will have to change your Publisher settings to
that old outdated obsolete stupid bizarre lousy imperial system.  If you
want to change it permanently, you can change your country to the outdated
USA, but then your spelling will be incorrect in Yankee Englise.

donotknock (1942)
9/12/2003 8:06:45 AM
MS*Publisher.
		I can assure you that my set up tallies exactly match
those shown in your screen snatch, but nothing changes and I still
open to the rogue screen. Perhaps I should re-install ?

As to the measurements, it is the USA spell check etc - and therefore
the other settings - are 'American,' proof being that it can't spell
:-)

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf.
________________________________

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:06:45 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>Serendipity I can assure you the second item down as shown in the attached
>screen capture stops the Task Pane opening when you start Publisher.  I have
>tried it twice.
>
>Have you installed the Updates to Publisher 2002.  I don't know if this was
>an issue in the un-patched version, but it certainly works on my patched
>version.
>
>Because your country users the proper measuring system Metric, the defaults
>on your Windows operating system are set to Metric.
>For each new publication you will have to change your Publisher settings to
>that old outdated obsolete stupid bizarre lousy imperial system.  If you
>want to change it permanently, you can change your country to the outdated
>USA, but then your spelling will be incorrect in Yankee Englise.

0
pill (11)
9/12/2003 6:09:43 PM
Re-installing seldom fixes anything.

Have you installed the Service Packs for Publisher.
http://office.microsoft.com

If you want to have UK English you need to change your Keyboard settings in
Control Panel to your local countries keyboard.
Remove the US keyboard after adding the UK keyboard.

donotknock (1942)

Print content of several sheets on one page
Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? Excel only print what you see i think. so you have do some thing outside the box. like maybe put paper back in printer or copy ranges to a new sheet that you dont keep but just for print. some people copy and paste pictures of ranges that they want next to others just for print too. "Åse" <se@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9CF89A-1EDE-4D2A-9E6F-AC0C916428A7@microsoft.com... | Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? ...

Transferring column width format from a worksheet?
To be specific, I will describe the situation for an address/telephone spreadsheet. This sheet will columns of various widths. One for area code needs only ton handle three digit entries while the basic number needs eight characters if you include the hyphen. A street address could be fairly long, 20 characters or more. A state code needs only two. If I want another sheet with the same column widths as one I like, how can you transfer the column width formatting? Paste Special format does not seem to transfer column widths. Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been bor...

Publisher 2000

How do I set up "format painter" in MS_Outlook ?
The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! Subra. Turn on the option to use Word as the message editor in = Outlook-Tools->Options->Mail Format. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Subra asked: | The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is | it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! | Subra. ...

Format Painter keyboard shortcut?
Hello, Does anybody know the keyboard shortcut for Format Painter? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave: Keyboard shortcut for Format Painter doesn't exist. Nevertheless, this falls under the Copy and Paste Special options. So if you need to do the same options via keyboard - Ctrl+C; Alt+E, S, T + Enter to copy the formats alone. Create a macro for the same and assign a shortcut key for the same if you are frequent user of format painter and need to access via keyboard. Hope this helps. -------------------- >From: "Dave Koressel" <davek7@pacbell.net> >Subject: Format ...

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

How to retrive web page title ?
Hello there I'm using CHttpFile and CInternetSession classed to download file from web. How can I find the title of any html file by using HtpQueryInfo method ? I could find cntent type and other information using some flags of HttpQueryInfo method, Which flag should I use to retrive web page title ? ...

make the first page smaller
Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? In <4BEA43EF-2808-4BA2-B21C-A91A0ED0A9A2@microsoft.com> svende wrote: > Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? > Can't handle different size pages in same doc. make it the same size then trim it later. oh...page 1 can not be smaller than page 2 unless they are on different piece of paper (normally p2 is on back of p1). ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

conditional formatting
I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so columns "A-T" highlight red and set-up so all rows 1-400 are formatted when column "A" is true? I have tried and cannot get it to work...thanks Joe First select A1:T400, then use CF of =$A1 Bob Umlas Excel MVP "joe@malvern" wrote: > I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" > and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

How copy multiple pages in publisher doc to new doc
want to copy some selected pages from a multi-page Publisher document into a new publisher document. I can of course copy and paste them one by one, but is there a simpler way? Office Help talks of selecting pages in thumbnail pane, but I can't find out how to activate and access a thumbnail pane of a publisher doc. Edit, open Office Clipboard, copy the pages. Depending on your setup, you should be able to collect 24 items. The text will not come over if the text boxes are linked. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...