Opening a page as saved

Is there a way to get publisher to open an existing page,
either at the zoom level it was saved at or say 100%. It
seems always to open as full page view ( 48%) and I have
to zoom in, it is not a major problem just annoying.

Regards

0
anonymous (74718)

In news:b5e601c488fb$c99bb450$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Malcolm Fowler <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted:
|| Is there a way to get publisher to open an existing page,
|| either at the zoom level it was saved at or say 100%. It
|| seems always to open as full page view ( 48%) and I have
|| to zoom in, it is not a major problem just annoying.

No there is no setting for this. You could hit F9 when opening your
publication to quickly zoom in, or you could install the Publisher Default
Zoom Add-In (if you are running Publisher 2002/2003):
http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=43
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/23/2004 12:23:56 PM
Brian

Thanks for the the reply.
I have tried the link and installed the file, but when I
click on default zoom in the view pull down I get an error
Run-time error 339

Component 'comct323.ocx' or one of its dependencies not
correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

any thoughts?

0
anonymous (74718)
8/24/2004 6:22:59 AM
In news:bc8101c489a2$cd909b50$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Malcolm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted:
|| Brian
|| Thanks for the the reply.
|| I have tried the link and installed the file, but when I
|| click on default zoom in the view pull down I get an error
|| Run-time error 339
|| Component 'comct323.ocx' or one of its dependencies not
|| correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Malcolm, when Ed Bennett (fellow MVP) returns, we will have to ask him as he
created it. He should be back any day now. Use F9 until he returns, ok?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/24/2004 12:08:37 PM
I have installed the add-in you suggested, but when In
click on Default Zoom I get the following Message
------------------------
Run Time error 339

Component COMCT232.OCX or one of its dependencies not
currently registered a file is missing or invalid.
------------------------

I am using Windows 2000 and Publisher 2003.

any Ideas

Malcolm

0
anonymous (74718)
8/26/2004 7:13:25 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Malcolm Fowler <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I have installed the add-in you suggested, but when In
> click on Default Zoom I get the following Message

You didn't have the Microsoft Common Controls installed.  A new version is
now available at the http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=43 page
(just for you :-))

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Print content of several sheets on one page
Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? Excel only print what you see i think. so you have do some thing outside the box. like maybe put paper back in printer or copy ranges to a new sheet that you dont keep but just for print. some people copy and paste pictures of ranges that they want next to others just for print too. "Åse" <se@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9CF89A-1EDE-4D2A-9E6F-AC0C916428A7@microsoft.com... | Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Save as comma csv problems
Hello, I hace Excel 2002. I have near 6000 addresses and contacts and wish to save the xls to a comma csv. I have done that before and then imported the comma csv into my membership program were it says 'import comma csv'. The problem is that some (300 odd) of the records are not imported correctly. I think this maybe because here are some commas in some of the fields eg 24 my street, whatever. Would that be the cause, and if so how can I get rid of all the commas? Many thanks rock I bet it's the way that your membership program works. I'd try this against a copy ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

How to retrive web page title ?
Hello there I'm using CHttpFile and CInternetSession classed to download file from web. How can I find the title of any html file by using HtpQueryInfo method ? I could find cntent type and other information using some flags of HttpQueryInfo method, Which flag should I use to retrive web page title ? ...

make the first page smaller
Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? In <4BEA43EF-2808-4BA2-B21C-A91A0ED0A9A2@microsoft.com> svende wrote: > Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? > Can't handle different size pages in same doc. make it the same size then trim it later. oh...page 1 can not be smaller than page 2 unless they are on different piece of paper (normally p2 is on back of p1). ...

Can't save pivot table layout
I'm struggling to understand why Access 2003 can't save pivot table and pivot chart layout. I've tried to: - build a query\view and set pivot table default view: when opening again it shows in datasheet view and switching to pivot table view gives an empty work space; need to place fields in the wizard again. - build a form and set pivot table default view: when opening again it shows pivot table view uncomplete; not all the fileds are there since last save. it is an .adp Access 2003 + SP3 "Marcus" <marcus@idontwant.spam.org> wrote in message news:13q...

Need an open house sign in sheet

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

How copy multiple pages in publisher doc to new doc
want to copy some selected pages from a multi-page Publisher document into a new publisher document. I can of course copy and paste them one by one, but is there a simpler way? Office Help talks of selecting pages in thumbnail pane, but I can't find out how to activate and access a thumbnail pane of a publisher doc. Edit, open Office Clipboard, copy the pages. Depending on your setup, you should be able to collect 24 items. The text will not come over if the text boxes are linked. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...