Opening 2003 files with 2000

I am trying to open MS Publisher 2003 files with MS
Publisher 2000 for editing the 2003 files with 2000.

I am running MS Windows 98 SE.

Is there way to do it?
0
anonymous (74721)

You've got two choices.

Have the originator save the file as a 2000 file or it's time to buy the
upgrade to 2003.

--
Don
--------

"Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to open MS Publisher 2003 files with MS
> Publisher 2000 for editing the 2003 files with 2000.
>
> I am running MS Windows 98 SE.
>
> Is there way to do it?

---

Engineer1 (288)
2/18/2004 2:52:33 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem.   My friend has 2003
and saves the file in 2000 format.  When I try to load it
with 2000 I get the "cannot open files from earlier
version message".   I tried disabling NAV on both ends -
didn't help.  I've read that 2003 produces significantly
smaller files than 2000 yet the 2003 and 2000 files are
nearly the same size.  This suggests 2003 is not really
saving it in true 2000 format.  I'm not far away from
going out and buying 2003.

0
anonymous (74721)
2/18/2004 3:03:53 PM
If you do get 2003 you will need either Windows 2000 or newer.

--
Don
--------

> I'm having exactly the same problem.   My friend has 2003
> and saves the file in 2000 format.  When I try to load it
> with 2000 I get the "cannot open files from earlier
> version message".   I tried disabling NAV on both ends -
> didn't help.  I've read that 2003 produces significantly
> smaller files than 2000 yet the 2003 and 2000 files are
> nearly the same size.  This suggests 2003 is not really
> saving it in true 2000 format.  I'm not far away from
> going out and buying 2003.

---

Engineer1 (288)
2/18/2004 4:16:28 PM
that I didn't know, thankyou.

2/18/04

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
2/18/2004 4:58:38 PM
Hi anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
(anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I'm having exactly the same problem.   My friend has 2003
|| and saves the file in 2000 format.  When I try to load it
|| with 2000 I get the "cannot open files from earlier
|| version message".   I tried disabling NAV on both ends -
|| didn't help.  I've read that 2003 produces significantly
|| smaller files than 2000 yet the 2003 and 2000 files are
|| nearly the same size.  This suggests 2003 is not really
|| saving it in true 2000 format.  I'm not far away from
|| going out and buying 2003.

When Publisher 2003 saves files as 2000 (or 98), compression IS lost.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)
2/18/2004 5:19:51 PM
I've got the same problem.  None of the replies to the original post have
explained the problem that saving as 2000 doesn't seem to work. Doesn't for
me.  Any other solution?

Thanks
> I'm having exactly the same problem.   My friend has 2003
> and saves the file in 2000 format.  When I try to load it
> with 2000 I get the "cannot open files from earlier
> version message".   I tried disabling NAV on both ends -
> didn't help.  I've read that 2003 produces significantly
> smaller files than 2000 yet the 2003 and 2000 files are
> nearly the same size.  This suggests 2003 is not really
> saving it in true 2000 format.  I'm not far away from
> going out and buying 2003.

0
user1261 (11)
2/19/2004 1:36:15 AM
So Brian, you agree the 2000 files should be larger than
the 2003, but they're not.  Just 3kb larger out of 1.7mb.

I didn't mean to be anounymous.

>When Publisher 2003 saves files as 2000 (or 98),
compression IS lost.

>--
>Brian Kvalheim
>Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
>Official Publisher MVP Site:
>http://www.kvalheim.org

>confers no rights.
>

>.

0
m01 (1)
2/19/2004 1:45:09 AM
It depends on what is in the file.

"Warren" <m01@capital.net> wrote in message
> So Brian, you agree the 2000 files should be larger than
> the 2003, but they're not.  Just 3kb larger out of 1.7mb.
>
> I didn't mean to be anounymous.
>

> >When Publisher 2003 saves files as 2000 (or 98),
> compression IS lost.
> >
> >--
> >Brian Kvalheim
> >Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
> >Official Publisher MVP Site:
> >http://www.kvalheim.org

> >confers no rights.
> >

> >.

0
publisher (1244)
2/19/2004 2:06:59 AM
Hi Frank (user@aol.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I've got the same problem.  None of the replies to the original post
|| have explained the problem that saving as 2000 doesn't seem to work.
|| Doesn't for me.  Any other solution?

Can you explain your situation, steps and versions of Publisher and your
OS's involved.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
Official Publisher MVP Site:
http://www.kvalheim.org

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)
2/19/2004 8:19:29 PM
Sender is using Win98 and Publisher 2002, not using NAV, saving as Publisher
2000

I'm using WinXP, SP-1, Publisher 2000, not using NAV

Thanks!

"Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Frank (user@aol.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I've got the same problem.  None of the replies to the original post
> || have explained the problem that saving as 2000 doesn't seem to work.
> || Doesn't for me.  Any other solution?
>
> Can you explain your situation, steps and versions of Publisher and your
> OS's involved.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
> Official Publisher MVP Site:
> http://www.kvalheim.org

> confers no rights.

0
user1261 (11)
2/20/2004 2:02:51 AM
Can you send me a sample file?

--

"Frank" <user@aol.com> wrote in message
> Sender is using Win98 and Publisher 2002, not using NAV, saving as
Publisher
> 2000
>
> I'm using WinXP, SP-1, Publisher 2000, not using NAV
>
> Thanks!
>

> "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Hi Frank (user@aol.com),
> > in the newsgroups
> > you posted:

> > Can you explain your situation, steps and versions of Publisher and your
> > OS's involved.
> > --
> > Brian Kvalheim
> > Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
> > Official Publisher MVP Site:
> > http://www.kvalheim.org
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)

VBA to open website and pass details
I have a acceess database for a shop and what to take payment via a online terminal, i have the website address and log in detaits. I have got the following code however i alwasy get an error or "Dim iePage As HTMLDocument" Any idea what could be causeing this Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim ieApp As InternetExplorer Dim iePage As HTMLDocument Set ieApp = New InternetExplorer ieApp.Visible = True ieApp.Navigate "https://live.sagepay.com/MySagePay/loginpage.asp" 'wait for page to load Do Until ieApp.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE Loop Set iePage = ie...

sound files in excel?
Is there a way to put a wav file into an excel spreadsheet? Like in it's own cell, like how you can do with a clip art graphic? "dkimball" <dkimball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD62EEB-10DD-4848-B7F1-0C0D40126A89@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to put a wav file into an excel spreadsheet? Like in it's own > cell, like how you can do with a clip art graphic? Have you tried yet? If not, check out Insert>Object>Wave Sound or perhaps Insert>Object>Midi Sequence ...

Sales for Outlook on Outlook 2003 Beta
Hi guys, Any of you tried to install the Sales for Outlook client on the new Outlook 2003 beta? It complains that it must be installed on Outlook 2000 SP2 or later. Well, 2003 is later! Any ideas? Shane, I am trying to do the same thing. There has to be some kind of hotfix for this or something. Would you email me if you find something and i will do the same thing if i find anything too! Thanks Dennis Jr "ShaneC" <shanec@oakwell.co.za> wrote in message news:<087c01c35594$eb2224b0$a101280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi guys, > > Any of you tried to install the Sales f...

I can't open Outlook Express on home computer
I am not sure if this newsgroup can help, but I can't open outlook express. I use version 5.0 from office 2000. My operating system is Windows ME. I have checked all .DBX files are not read only and have tried regenerating the Identities Registry Key. I have even tried downlowding a the program again. I don't know what else to do, it is getting tiresome always going through webmail to access my email. Thanks, Laura-Lee Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook E...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
You're in Serious Trouble - It's a Proven Fact! FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES THERE ARE THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED. !!!!BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE!!! Click here for details on the EVIDENCE ELIMINATOR Clear your computer of incriminating files that you cannot delete. www.removefiles.com THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! www.removefiles.com ew5r4325435435435435 43 543 5 435 435 43 5 435 435435 4360i0iretret=reyt-=erfgytkretretretretretretretretredfgfdgfdgfd ...

the open xml file macintosch cannot be opened

Inter-Org migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
Hello, I need to perform an inter-organization migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 with a period of coexistence, because the migration of the contents (mailboxes, and so forth) will be done in multiple phases. We have already migrated all user accounts (using ADMT, with SID history) and we do have trusts between the forests. Right now we are planning to start migrating the mailboxes, and I need to know how to synchronize the GALs in order to achieve coexistence. Is the synchronization performed by the forest trusts enough? Generally, how do you recommend the procedures to mig...

Instructions don't work for bringing old .pst file into new laptop
The situation: motherboard on old laptop is blown. Removed hard drive and put it in an enclosure to copy contents to new laptop. Reinstalled Office with no problems. Outlook actions taken: Closed Outlook. Copied three Personal Folders (.pst) from old hard drive to new. In Outlook, I went to File>Open>Outlook Data File and chose each of the three Personal Folders now saved to new hard drive. A few "tasks" appeared, but no calendar appointments or contacts. I saw some additional instructions to copy NK2 and VBA files to new drive, but couldn't find either o...

Slow Printing Publisher 2003
I have a user printing a document with a size of 1.6 MB. When she sends the job to a network printer (HP LaserJet 4550C) it prints VERY slowly. It will print a page, then pause, and then print another. I had this problem once before on the same model printer, in that case it had a low toner message for yellow so I changed the cartridge and I was back in business. This printer does not have a low toner message, but her magenta is at 8%. Is this a problem with Publisher? She can print at regular speed when printing from any other application. Any ideas for me?? Just one suggestion - post...

Excel 2003 analysis toolpack add-in
This feature is missing from excel 2003 on my computer. Tools ----> Add-ins shows a complete absence of this feature. Unfortunately my Office 2003 installation CD is missing - is there any other source available to me so that I can install it. I cannot find it at Office 2003 downloads web site. Regards -- FLYNNE No, you need the CD, if you lost it contact Microsoft or if it is OEM contact your computer manufacturer -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64F5BB3F-66C1-4F5C-B325-1810BF60BC0A@microsoft.com... >...

Office 2007 Converter for Office 2003
I have this one machine that is running MS Office 2003 SP2 (Must remain SP2 due to a unified messaging app that's broken by SP3). I've installed the File Converter from the Downloads section with both convert service packs. I can open a word document (.docx) with the converter no problem. However when I try to open an excel spreadsheet I get the following error, Converter failed to save file. I've ran all MS Updates on the machine (short of installing XP SP3, it breaks some other older software needed on this machine), Uninstalled Excel, Re-Installed Excel, Re...

Creating PDF files in MFC
Hi, I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do it? Thanks in advance. Check out the following http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ "Shahoo" wrote: > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advance. > > Here's another to try out: "Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175272390.190193.274530@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advanc...

Cannot open Outlook #3
My problem is that when I go to open Outlook, a message pops up stating: Outlook Express could not be opened because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded: I have e-mails that I need and I was wondering if there was something I could do that would allow me to open up Outlook without losing any important information/e-mails? Thanks. Then you need to post to an Outlook express ng, OL is a different App David "kakazi" <kakazi@uclink4.berkeley.edu> wrote in message news:0a0301c3d3e8$3734dab0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My problem is that when I go to open Outlook, a message > pops u...

MDBDATA files
Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\ I have a lot of files beginning with E000001-E0000F07 using 25GB of disk space. Yes I need to free up some disk space. I have read article Q151214 but Im not sure if it is ok to delete because I don't see the other log files that are mentioned. Like (Edb.log),(Edb00000.log), (Dlv.log),(Snd.log),(Dlvxxxx.log) or (Sndxxxx.log). If you have any information that may help please email me. Thanks, Donnie Does your backup not work? How about running an Exchange aware backup which will clear the logs for you? "DBraswell (MDBDATA) @2si.com" <anonymous@dis...

Access 2003 04-25-07
I have an Access 97 database that I would like to convert to Access 2003. When I go to menu/tools, all I see is spelling under this menu and nothing else. I am looking for database utilities to convert database. Where did it go? Any help would be appreciated.......... Thanks---- On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:52:04 -0700, mmitch <mmitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Access 97 database that I would like to convert to Access 2003. >When I go to menu/tools, all I see is spelling under this menu and nothing >else. I am looking for database utilities to convert d...

Vista changed Time Modified of files when the clocks went forwards
Coming to work today after the clocks had been put forwards on Sunday for British Summer Time and wishing to check if the files stored on my data pen were up to date, I saw that Vista had put the Time Modified of all its files exactly one hour forward. This is not a small problem with the program. Had I not realised this, I could have assumed that the files on that PC were the newer version (they weren't). It showed me as having ammended files after the time I'm supposed to have left the office. (I hadn't) I have XP at home and it did not do this to my files. Luck...

Outlook 2003 Crashes Opening Other Users Calendar
Outlook 2003 SP3 all patches running against Exchange 2003. When user goes to view another users calendar outlook generates an Unknown Error, crashes and then comes right back up. It's a super fast restart. I've deleted the OST and recreated it, but it persists and its not just specific calendars. it can happen with anyone's or work fine, but its pretty persistent. Has anyone run into this? Thanks A little more info. Two events.... Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 4/24/2009 Time: 9:51:46 AM User: N/A Computer: TK...

Excel 2000 Custom Menu Item
I'm running Excel 2000. When I start Excel another Menu item is inserted called Data Warehouse. This item attaches to an SQL database that allows user to select columns for retreival. I need to make some changes to menu item. How do I view the VBA code for this menu item? How does it get loaded when Excel starts? How can I in Excel find out where the code is being loaded from? Thanks ...

File Management Utility and Auto-Backup programs
Could anyone recommend a File Management Utility, preferably one that is free, that is superior to Windows Explorer ? I am trying to manage a relatively small Hard drive, and would like not only to search for Files by size, but also Folders and Sub-Folders (i.e. if a folder had 1GB in files that are data, I can move it to my External Drive). I would also be interested in hearing recommendations for a good program for backing up files, preferably one that does incremental backup from a list of directories determined by the user. Thanks in advance, Brad "B" &l...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...

Exchange server 2003 upgrade to latest service Packs
Hi, I have a windows exchange server 2003 with no service packs installed. Woud it be advisable to upgrade directly to the latest service Pack, which I believe is service pack2, or should I install service pack 1 and than service pack2. Also are there any known issues with either of the service packs that I may need to be aware of? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You in advance On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:57:01 -0700, Greg3305 <Greg3305@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > I have a windows exchange server 2003 with no service packs installed. >Woud it be advisable...

Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? ...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

Opening to a file
How can I set up Excel 2003 to open to a particular file. I have the Excel Win XP shortcut pointing to the file but Excel still opens a blank file. Thanks, CMA If you want a specific Excel file to open when you open excel application, then goto: The path to Startup folder would similar to this: C:\```Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART Windows Explorer, move the icon of the workbook you want to open to an alternate startup folder. If you want to keep the workbook in its current location, use the Create Shortcut command on the File menu to create a ...

Outlook 2000 opening screen
When I open Outlook 2000, the first screen I see has the Inbox open. The Outlook Bar has the Outlook Shortcuts revealed. I don't mind seeing the Inbox, but I would like the Outlook Bar to reveal the shortcuts in the "My Shortcuts" section instead. I can't seem to find a way to set this, so I'd really appreciate some help. Many thanks. This may help http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q198012 "Chocolate Sauce" <whoknowswhat@whoknowswhere.com> wrote in message news:Xns94697A308338Ewhoknowswhatwhere@195.8.68.206... > When I open Outlook 2000, t...