One graphic in my document prints as a black box..?

My publisher document contains numerous pictures/graphics but one picture
prints as a black box from my HP Photosmart 8750.  It prints fine on my
laserjet printers and looks perfect in print preview.  Is this a printer
issue or a Publisher issue?  Can anyone help?

You might try changing the graphic file type, i.e., change from a jpg to a
gif.

This can be easily done with Irvanview.
http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"kellypendergrass" <kellypendergrass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:77E1BDB8-32A0-4C72-AF46-450B98BB7605@microsoft.com...
> My publisher document contains numerous pictures/graphics but one picture
> prints as a black box from my HP Photosmart 8750.  It prints fine on my
> laserjet printers and looks perfect in print preview.  Is this a printer
> issue or a Publisher issue?  Can anyone help?

0
Don
1/8/2010 7:23:51 PM
On Jan 8, 2:23=A0pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> You might try changing the graphic file type, i.e., change from a jpg to =
> gif.
>
> This can be easily done with Irvanview.http://www.irfanview.com/
>
> --
> Don - Publisher 2000=AE
> Vancouver, USA
>
> "kellypendergrass" <kellypendergr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> messagenews:77E1BDB8-32A0-4C72-AF46-450B98BB7605@microsoft.com...
>
> > My publisher document contains numerous pictures/graphics but one pictu=
re
> > prints as a black box from my HP Photosmart 8750. =A0It prints fine on =
my
> > laserjet printers and looks perfect in print preview. =A0Is this a prin=
ter
> > issue or a Publisher issue? =A0Can anyone help?

Agreed and try xnview (once you feel the power of right click edit you
will be converted)also better than ifran in regards to its context
menu integration. I run into this issue from time to time on a variety
of platforms and .png is usually the culprit although I love .png it
is still not as widely usable as .jpg and .gif.
0
rtipping

Resizing "Find and Replace" box
It's so much bigger than it needs to be, and so ungainly, it obscures so much of the text, and it bounces around from one place on the screen to another. I would like to make it smaller, more stationary, and off to the side of the text. Is this possible? -- CH The Find and Replace dialog box cannot be resized. What you can do is click the Less button (if it shows) to hide the Search Options. The moving around is supposed to be helpful: Word tries to move the dialog box so that it shouldn't hide the text you are searching. Of course, it would be more helpful if the...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

limiting background graphics
I want to insert a background graphic in Excel X for Mac that either: does not replicate for the entire sheet or I can limit the dimensions of the worksheet to the size of 1 background=20 graphic.=20 Main reason is to keep the file size small. I find a 150KB graphic = inserted as=20 background makes a huge file in an otherwise small worksheet. Suggestions or alternative ideas all welcome. Thanks ...

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

Printing sheets based on a cell value
I have a workbook of about 30 sheets; each sheet has a date in K4, the value of which varies from sheet to sheet. I'm hoping for a method to cycle through the workbook and print the pages for which K4 equals a specific date such as 12/31/09. I've tried to Name a 3-D selection (K4 on each sheet) without success. I have cycled through rows on a single sheet before but I don't know how to cycle through sheets and then look at 1 cell on each. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. -- - markvi Hi Mark See http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#every -- Rega...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Rerun a print test in Home Publishing
it ran the print test page but i put in the wrong direction of the printer , how can i get it to rerun the print test again ??? Not much detail to work from here and anyway- HomePublishing is not MS Publisher so you will have to look elswhere and then suplly a lot more detail about your problem. John G. "stacey" <stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08419CEA-6716-47DE-9FA6-F608D73B5D3C@microsoft.com... > it ran the print test page but i put in the wrong direction of the printer > , > how can i get it to rerun the print test again ??? stace...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

Information on the current document status
When I installed Office 2003, Word specifically, I could look to the bottom of the screen and it would show information on the current document that I was working on. It didn't matter whether it was a new one or an old that I was editing. I could look at the taskbar on the bottom and it would show document size (total number of pages), what page I was workiong on (ex. 3 of 33), and even specific details about the particular document I was working on. For some reason, its gone. I no longer have it there. I don't know what I did to make it go away, or how to get it back. ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

change the value of a combo box
I would like to change the value on a combo box I am using: Form_fmain!fmainp.pstatus.Value = "Design/Rev" The "Deisgn/Rev" is one of the choices. What I am doing wrong? Thank you all Bre-x Forms!fmain!fmainp.Form!pstatus.Value = "Design/Rev" thanks to: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm The column that displays the value "Design/Rev", is that the column that the field is bound to? Check BoundColumn property. "Bre-x" wrote: > I would like to change the value on a combo box > I am using:...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Create XML document from schema
Hi, I have a problem with xml schemas. I?m looking for a way to generate XML document from a given schema using C#. Does someone have any example how to do it? Is it possible to do such thing? Thanks, Ori. ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>9XdofVvypE6regXa3D5FLA==</Id> ...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

Combo boxes #6
Does anyone know how to change the font size in a combo drop down lis box -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Insert the ComboBox control into your sheet then, rather tha right-clicking the control and choosing Properties, click th properties button on the Control Toolbox toolbar instead. About halfway down the list of properties you should see one entitle 'Font'. Click the ... button and select your font size -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you, that worked but now I'm having trouble getting a list int the box so I can choose an Item ou...

transferring money from one computer to another
Folks, I just got this laptop which I really like, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new computer. I downloaded the program and did not get the CD for it. Is there a way to do it? Both of these computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't figure it out. Thanks! Govind... There are almost no apps that can be moved from one machine to another these day. Almost all require having the installation routines. This is why I always recommend against "download" installations. &qu...

transfer contact info to Word document?
I have Outlook 2003. I have a large list of people in my address book/contact list, and I need to transfer the data on each, ie: e-mail, telephone number, street address etc. from my address book/contact list to a Word document, which I can e-mail. Is there a simple way to accomplish this so I don't have to manually type all the info? - Dan mail merge, using the catalog option if you want to have it all in one doc. Select the contacts and use Tools, Mail merge from outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...