on-going picture problems

Hi all,

A local business using Publisher 2000 has created a number of
templates (most of the content is images) They have now upgraded to
Publisher 2002.
The basic pictures are all 529 x 358 pixels. (an aspect ratio of
1.477 : 1 ) The placeholders are at varying aspect ratios ranging from
1.33:1 through to 1.47:1 but it appears that the pictures all
autoresize ( and distort to a varying degree as a result) to fit the
placeholders in full ( the placeholders all have a border so this is
plainly visible)
However this does not happen in 2002 or 2003. In these programs the
images fill the frame in one dimension only leaving white in the other
dimension.
I know this is the way things shold be to avoid picture distortion but
the client cannot understand this and wants to retain the old
behaviour despite the ditortion caused. Anyone got any observations
please. It appears to me that 2000 was buggy in this respect can
anyone concur please or am I missing something here.

Ron
0
RonHagley (19)

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

problem using the newest platform SDK in MFC
i'm just begin learning SDK. how can i use the latest SDK's *.h and *.lib files in vc6? for example, in a MFC Appwizard creating dialog based project, i added these lines: #include <Winuser.h> #include <commctrl.h> ...... INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX icc; icc.dwSize = sizeof(INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX); icc.dwICC = ICC_WIN95_CLASSES;//ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES; InitCommonControlsEx(&icc); why InitCommonControlsEx return 1 and when i changed icc.dwICC to ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES, compile is faild? i have added the ComCtl32.Lib file in project settings, and added "_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501&q...

Synchronization problem
I have a 250 page document in Publisher. I changed the title on 1 of the pages and it changed the title on all of the other pages. I understand that this is a Smart Object problem. How do I fix this? Can't start over with a new document Emily you don't say what version of Publisher you are using. There should be information in the HELP file how to UN-synchronise the objects. -- ...

Problem with Checkboxes... Help Required!!!
I have a designed a form in which users will deselect checkbox 31 if the customer has a product from a certain brand. Users can also deselect checkbox 32 if the customer has a product from another brand. (It is possible that customers will have products from both brands). On another part of the form the user has to select checkbox 41 if the total value of the customer products (from both brands) is greater than �15000. At present I have the following coding:- Private Sub CheckBox41_Click() If CheckBox41.Value = True Then Controls("CheckBox44").Enabled = True Controls("CheckBox...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

CFindFile Problem..
i am using CFindFile to recursively search files in folder and its subfolders. The problem is that when i run the call on same folder on two different machines the search turns out in different order on the two machines. on one machine the folders are sorted in ascending order on the other in descending. how do i change this behaviour of CFindFile. any help.. >i am using CFindFile to recursively search files in folder and its >subfolders. >The problem is that when i run the call on same folder on two different >machines >the search turns out in different order on the two mach...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

problem with OWA via SSL ...
Hello, I am trying to access the owa page via https, port 443. I installed my own certificate, and enabled SSL. When I try to connect to https://servername/exchange I get 'page cannot be displayed'. I checked the 'default website' in IIS, and port 443 is enabled, the certificate is installed and ssl is required. I used this guide: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL_Enabling_OWA_2003.html I can access owa via http://servername/exchange, when I don't check 'ssl required'. but i don't want it to work via http; it should work via https .... I can access...

Crystal Reports export and print problem
Oh, MSCRM 1.0... why do misbehave so? Here's the issue... Accessing MSCRM, which resides on SBS2K, via Internet Explorer. Navigate to the Reports area, then Opportunity Reports. This *USUALLY* displays a list of the available reports; it does munge on occasion. However, here's the pickle... Choose a report, i.e. Pipeline Report. Again, *MOST* of the time, the chosen report is displays properly. Presuming the report displays properly, try to Export or Print the displayed report... most often, Export and Print fail with the following error: "User Access Error\n The lo...

OST Problem
I am having a synchronisation problem with both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002. The server is W2K running Excahnge2K Synchronisation is fine (and fast) UNTIL a machine connects from a different IP address, for instance whilst traveling. The OST on the PC/Portable will then require a complete re-synchronisation with Exchange Server. as the OSTs are typically between 300Mb and 1.5Gb, this is painfully slow on a Modem link. Once the first synchronisation is complete, future ones are very rapid - only looking for changes UNTIL the next change of connection, when the process starts again. Can...

Copy Text from Pictures Disabled permanently ?
This feature worked beautifully the first time. Since then, no luck. I cannot uncheck the disable box in " Make Text in Picture " searchable. Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 installed? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Steve8rox" <Steve8...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Problem with CSliderCtrl
Hi, I have a problem with the CSliderCtrl. If i click the mouse on a certain position in the slider bar control, the slider bar doesn't move to the specific position. Rather it moves to the next tic position. How to set the slider bar control position at the exact point where i clicked? It would be better if i get some solution. Thanks, Revathi.S Overrides slider control's event handler and do set pos... 1. Override OnLButtonClick 2. call SetPos function -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.co...

How can I print an excel chart so a picture is not distorted?
When trying to print a chart in excel 2003 with a picture on it, either a jpg or tif, using the print selected chart option, the picture becomes stretched and distorted. Is there a way to avoid this? Are there better picture file formats for Office 2003, as most of my existing pictures are not being displayed and/or printed correctly. They look fine on the excel sheet in normal view but not in the print preview or when it is printed. ...

Problem parsing XML

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

Problem with checkboxes after Service Pack 3
I am current experiencing problems with the checkboxes on my forms. If unchecked, clicking will set the checkbox. If already checked, clicking will have no effect. Setting a checkbox that is already checked to false still shows true (via vba). The forms are bound to a SQL Server back end database. Almost all of the checkboxes have no code attached to them. The remaining checkboxes just tab to another field after update. I have decompiled and recompiled. Tabbing to the checkbox and hitting the spacebar works but not clicking with the mouse. The problems began after Office Service Pack 3...

Problems About GetWindowLong
In msdn , the explanation of GetWindowLong say "GetWindowLong also retrieves the 32-bit (long) value at the specified offset into the extra window memory of a window." what is the 32-bit(long) value we get? Is the 32-Bit value has some relationships with the parameters we passed to CreateWindowEx(). PS: where can i see the source code of GetWindowLong&SetWindowLong , i didnt find it in the mfc source file Thanks for your help "��" <xiaox@amoi.com.cn> wrote in message news:OeOV1kK2GHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In msdn , the explanation of GetWi...

OE6 problems again
Now when I receive an answer from a company (?) like Webshots or XM radio it show up in the "deleted" file. That's a new one on me. Anyone know why? bandi wrote: > Now when I receive an answer from a company (?) like Webshots or XM radio it > show up in the "deleted" file. That's a new one on me. Anyone know why? How many rules did you define in OE? Using any 3rd party anti-spam program? OE-specific newsgroup (again): news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Secu...

Not all emails going out??
For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going out, or not going out to all parties I access from my address book. Just tested by sending one to myself...went fine. Sent second to a single party and cc myself. Did not receive my cc in outlook, but it did show up in my iphone. Tried a third to a group of people...through a single address book contact, and nothing happened. I am strictkly novice, but have not had this problem before. Any ideas??? -- Thanx! Wilson Kobel;110315 Wrote: > For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going...

Problem of numbers..
Hi there, i have a problem where i need an employee number to appea automatically next to the first name of the employee's name cell. Let say the first employee number is '1' for the 1st employee (which i entered manually). How would i get the 2nd employee number '2' t appear automatically underneath employee#1 when a new employee is adde to the sheet Via, using the data form. I know the formula is something like: Add 1 to the previous number.. This is so that the next employee numbe increases in steps of 1, and keeps increasing everytime a new employe is added. But it...

If Public Folders are going away..
What would be the best/simplest solution for a user requesting a group calendar to be used within Outlook. Ordinarily i would advise them to create a calendar within the Public Folders hierarchy and then assign access rights to anyone who needs it. I understand though that Public Folders will be history with the next release of Exchange. The only thing i can think of is to create a new mailbox, share the calendar, and then walk users through adding it to their Outlook folder list. I suspect this isn't the best way though. Any recommendations out there? All clients are running ...

Signature problem in Outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 with BCM installed. I have created a signature file that has text and graphics. My problem, is that when I'm replying to some messages, the only parts of the signature that show is the text portion. It works fine on new emails and on some replies. I have not found a pattern to tell me when itwill work and when it won't. I've attempted to insert it when it doesn't show, but it inserts the same thing. I've verified that the signature file is selected in the mail format tab for new email, replies and forwards. Can anyone tell me what if anyth...

problem reagarding tracking token in workflow emails
Hello Community, we have a little problem since last week regarding the tracking token in workflow emails. When a email is send via workflow to a user, there is no tracking token in it. Things that we have done: 1.) Modified the workflow.config file and developed some custom workflow assemblies. 2.) Changed the email-adress of the administrator user in crm because it was set to a normal users email adress. Apllied the crm-email-rule to the administrators mailbox via rule deployment wizard. Are normal emails in and out of the system getting the CRM Tracking token applied? -- Rgds ...