older version of publisher cannot read newer version

I have publisher at work (2000)  and at home (2002) and if
I create a propject at home and bring it to work, I cannot
open and work on it at work.  Does anyone have a remedy
for this?
0
eemcc (1)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Erin <eemcc@aol.com>...
> I have publisher at work (2000)  and at home (2002) and if
> I create a propject at home and bring it to work, I cannot
> open and work on it at work.  Does anyone have a remedy
> for this?

File > Save As > Publisher 2000

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/29/2003 9:13:43 PM
When at home save the file as a Publisher 2000 file.

The tough ones take awhile to come up with a solution.:-)
--
Don
Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America!

"Erin" <eemcc@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have publisher at work (2000)  and at home (2002) and if
> I create a propject at home and bring it to work, I cannot
> open and work on it at work.  Does anyone have a remedy
> for this?

0
RetiredEngr (169)

How do I import an excel File into Publisher or Powerpoint
I wish to import an Excel File or worksheet into either Publisher or Powerpoint to use as a Slide. Can anyone suggest a suitable way to do this? Thank you. -- W G HENRY Insert, object, Microsoft Excel Worksheet, click from file on the left in this dialogue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "William Gregg" <WilliamGregg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F248F30-BC60-4942-9D5E-6EC26E1FCA0B@microsoft.com... >I wish to import an Excel File or worksheet into either Publisher or > Po...

version 9.0
Page 119 of What's New says you can get to a window called Purchase Receipts Inquiry from View>Purchasing Lists>Purchase Order Transactions. This is incorrect. The path should be Inquiry>Inventory>Receipts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message p...

Publisher 2000 versus the newest version?
I've been using Publisher 2000 and am thinking of buying the newest version if it's any better. So I would like to know:...... What is the most up to date version? What are the main differences? Can I install it over the top of Publisher 2000 as an update? Or do I have to buy the new full programme? What does it cost? My main problem is that Publisher 2000 saves my files as HUGE files if I have a few photos included. Has this design flaw been solved? Many thanks Chris After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from chris <cris.ebbs@nospambtopenworld.co...

Version number
Is there a way that you can tell what version the database is? (either 1.0 or 1.2) I need to backout the 1.2 upgrade and restore the 1.0 databases. I did the upgrade at about the same time as the SQL backups. I want to restore those backups ans see what versions they are Thanks! Hi Jeff, check the BuildVersion table. CRM 1.2 is build 3297 Mike "Jeff B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74BB341A-1C90-4F34-9C33-F562DD2E3766@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that you can tell what version the database is? (either 1.0 or 1.2) I need to backout t...

How can I check the expiry date on my office trial version?
I recently activated the OEM trial version of MS Office on a PC that I was using for other applications before. I seem to remember that the expiry date displyed at activation was shorter than I expected and wanted to check this. So far the Office applications have not prompted me with warnings about the expiry. How can I display this information? Thanks, Peter Whenever you start you get nagging alerts informing you that you have xx days left or xx times left to use this application. You can also check whether or not it is trial by going to: Windows Logo/Word Options/Res...

is there a layer window in publisher?
I'm using publisher 2003. It is very difficult to select or rearrange the order of objects when they are the same size one on top of the other. Is there a way to open a window to display "layers/objects" like in other graphics apps? No. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uW8rvq1PHHA.4296@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm using publisher 2003. > It is very difficult to select or rearrange the order of objects when they &g...

Cannot open older publisher file
I cannot open an older Publisher file. I only have Publisher 2000 on my computer and I can't open older brochures I created in another version of Publisher to update them. I am not running any anti-virus software. Is there any way I can open these older files or convert them on my computer? If your Publisher program won't open them, there isn't any other application that can. You could download a trial version of Publisher 2007, open the files and then re-save as 2000 documents. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx I can open them for you and save ...

Toolbar in version 10
We are running version 10 (10.00.1237) and when the user changes the toolbar to show in a single line, if they log out and log back in, the toolbar changes to a three or four line bar. Why will the settings not stay? The "Lock Toolbar" option is checked. Any ideas ? THANKS! After making all of your changes to the Toolbar make sure to select to Lock the Toolbar. See if that helps when you enter back into GP Kevin "LS" wrote: > We are running version 10 (10.00.1237) and when the user changes the toolbar > to show in a single line, if they log out and log ...

Older Publisher Files
I have a lot of files created in an early version of Publisher (2000). I can not open them with Publisher 2003. Have removed norton anti virus as suggested with no change. Any ides? If they are on a CD try moving them to a hard drive. Also check to see if they are Read Only in the file attributes. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1947ED6-23ED-4F46-81DD-6361269F05E1@microsoft.com... >I have a lot of files created in an early version of Publisher (2000). I >can > not open them with Publisher 2003. Have remov...

Find Excel version in VBA
Is there a way of determining the Excel version being used, in VBA? Try this: Sub whatver() Dim x x = Application.Version MsgBox "Version is " & x End Sub Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Bill Dallas" <bill.dallas@gb.abb.com> wrote in message news:20d56b6b.0408160652.74e3763c@posting.google.com... > Is there a way of determining the Excel version being used, in VBA? Hi application.Version -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill Dallas" <bill.dallas@gb.abb.com> schrie...

This Identity can't be opened with this version of Entourage
I have been experiencing constant crashing in Entourage and Word for a few weeks, so I decided to reinstall from the Office:mac 2004 disk. Now I can't get Entourage to open at all. Please help. On 12/8/06 4:12 PM, in article 1165623155.367572.290820@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com, "redroomer" <sean@decemberfilms.com.au> wrote: > I have been experiencing constant crashing in Entourage and Word for a > few weeks, so I decided to reinstall from the Office:mac 2004 disk. > Now I can't get Entourage to open at all. Please help. You need to apply the latest updat...

How to connect Publisher 2003 to printer driver?
I'm trying to make some business cards on Publisher 2003, but every time I try to print, it says "cannot load printer driver". Word will print, as will everything else. I've tried to contact both Dell and Microsoft- no help. Any suggestions? Thank you. What model printer? Is it a Dell printer? Does Dell have updated printer drivers? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your printer and look for support documents and updated drivers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "quadsmksg" &...

Publisher does not Print BUT all other office products can print
Publisher 2003 will not print for a domain user, but will print all other applications installed on the system. When printing the user has the option for the specific room printer, they select that printer and all other settings they may want to change. the press print to send the file to the printer and nothing happens. For the user as far as they are concerned they have sent their work to the printer. can any one help ? Check to see if there are updated printer drivers. Pub is picky about that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Kevan" <Kevan@discussions.mi...

Much older older Money
Looking at some of the posts and replies regarding older version of MS Money that MS will soon no longer support it my question relates to upgrading from Money 99. What are my chances of surviving an upgrade to a newer version of MS Money?. No interested in any internet connections or downloads, online payments, just keeping track of savings, checking and credit accounts. Have a very complete record of information other then some I archived, very sorry I did. What conversion headaches would I encounter or lose, can't afford that to happen. I might fit into the category of not being ...

Viso trial version
Firstly, I reside in Canada. I downloaded a Visio 2003 Pro trial version that is due to expire soon. I want to "activate" Visio - not PRO but rather the STD version. Can I use the covert function / warning that one receives when starting Visio for that purpose? I also tried to buy Visio STD on the web but it seems that you can only do so if you reside in the USA - is this correct? The reason I am trying mmy luck on the web is that I could not find a retailer in Vancouver selling Vision (STD or PRO). Regards ...

Publisher 2000 #8
When i start up publisher the page area shows as a blueish tint and all surrounding areas are fuschia like color. When i click on a text or picture frame took and drag the mouse arrow drags behind it and image as if i was in a paint mode or something. Opening existing files are ok. Uninstalled and reinstalled and sme problem. Any help on this problem would be appreciated greatly. Norm After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Norm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > When i start up publisher the page area shows as a > blueish tint and...

release of version 3
I am looking for any information about the new release of CRM. I was told that M/S is bypassing 2 and going directly to v3. I know of one company that is on beta but have not been able to find any readings on the version 3. I would like to find information about what it will have to offer, look like, admin, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks http://www.microsoft.com/crm for starters -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "JenniferW" <JenniferW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

older version
I have just upgraded to Windows XP professionl OS, and am using publisher 2000. I am tring to open a document from an older version but cannot, due to the following error message: Publisher cannot open files from a different version. How can I open this document? The following FAQ addresses a few known issues related to Microsoft Publisher and Norton Antivirus. If you are unable to open Publisher files because of one of the following errors: "Publisher cannot open files from a different version" "Publisher cannot open the file" This issue occurs if Norton AntiVirus ...

New version anytime soon?
Does anyone know if a new version of Microsoft Publisher will be released soon? Just wondering if I should wait or get 2007? THANKS! Define soon. Office 2010 is due out sometime (first quarter??) next year. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rebeccahasey" <rebeccahasey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:783D8C49-567B-442E-B5E1-8C28BBE50B57@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if a new version of Microsoft Publisher will be released > soon? Just wondering if I should wait or ge...

read older posts
I am checking this newsgroup using Vista and windows mail. I want to retireve older posts, but when I sync it only shows newer posts. How do I get the older ones? Google Groups archive: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/topics SBS user wrote: > I am checking this newsgroup using Vista and windows mail. I want to > retireve older posts, but when I sync it only shows newer posts. How do I > get the older ones? Thanks for the help on that! "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e9ejwv...

Converting from Publisher to Mac PageMaker
Help....I need to make this conversion. Does anyone have any ideas on how to convert my publishe file to a mac- friendly version? Thanks, Nancy ...

How to enter stopwatch readings
I have a stopwatch that displays the time as mm:ss.nn where the nn is 00-99. I have column D for the input cells set with the custom format "h:mm:ss.ss". I have been entering the reading as "mm:ss.nn". I have column E set up with "=D4*24*60" to convert the time from days to minutes. It is formatted as a number with 2 decimal places "0.00". I am getting some odd results. If I enter "10:10.5", I see C D 0:10:11.11 10.18 How did "10:10.5" go to "0:10:11.11"? Now if I enter "10:20.5", I get ...

How do i insert a hard page break in publisher
I am just learning Publisher 2003. I am making a 25 page brochure, and I want to make sure the page breaks come in the right places. I know you can do this in Word, but I can't seem to find the right menus to do this in Publisher. Thank you, Jenny Open help, input "break" or "section." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wine Diva" <Wine Diva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F06DFA8-2415-44E1-9DB9-DECCC9F71840@microsoft.com... >I am just learning Publisher 2...

Money Trial Version sync with MSN Money
I just downloaded a trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe. I tried to sync with my portfolio on MSN Money, but cannot find the sync feature on MONEY as indicated by the help menu. Anyone know if the trial version even supports this sync feature ? Tools, Access My Money Data on the Web. I verified that the trial does allow you to enable this. "Atish" <atishshah@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05da01c36dcf$637a4080$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just downloaded a trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe. I > tried to sync with my portfolio on MSN Money, but cannot > find the syn...

Publisher 2002 #12
I have purchased this program sometime ago and installed it on a Laptop. Now need to install on new desktop have Product ID but not original CD? What to do? Not much you can do except look for that disk. "Luker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01d901c3a658$07f2c770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have purchased this program sometime ago and installed > it on a Laptop. Now need to install on new desktop have > Product ID but not original CD? What to do? Hi Luker (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you poste...