Office 2007 - HELP - image problems

I have used Word for many years and love it - not too thrilled with the
changes in Office 2007, but my bigger issue is with Publisher 2007.
I have an image that I have used in Word just fine - meaning, the on screen
colors are correct and when printed the colors are correct.
Someone sent me a Publisher file and asked me to add the image - I did this
- now the image is messed up - the colors are correct on screen, but when
printed FROM MY computer the image colors are all wrong - but if I transport
the file to a different computer it prints fine

I have reinstalled Office - no good

Any ideas???

0
Sarah2407 (145)

What kind of image? What is the format? Did the Publisher file you were sent
have a color scheme?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used Word for many years and love it - not too thrilled with the
> changes in Office 2007, but my bigger issue is with Publisher 2007.
> I have an image that I have used in Word just fine - meaning, the on screen
> colors are correct and when printed the colors are correct.
> Someone sent me a Publisher file and asked me to add the image - I did this
> - now the image is messed up - the colors are correct on screen, but when
> printed FROM MY computer the image colors are all wrong - but if I transport
> the file to a different computer it prints fine
>
> I have reinstalled Office - no good
>
> Any ideas???

0
mary-sauer (6479)
8/23/2007 8:52:08 PM
sorry - good questions - the image was a JPeg - the publisher file was basic
as far as I could tell - I don't know too much about publisher - I did
discover the image file was changed somehow becuase when I happen to open it
in Adobe Element I got a warning that the color index was not supported and
asked if i wanted to change it - I did and the image seems to be printing
correctly now, but I still don't know how it happened to keep it from
happening in the future...

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What kind of image? What is the format? Did the Publisher file you were sent
> have a color scheme?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have used Word for many years and love it - not too thrilled with the
> > changes in Office 2007, but my bigger issue is with Publisher 2007.
> > I have an image that I have used in Word just fine - meaning, the on screen
> > colors are correct and when printed the colors are correct.
> > Someone sent me a Publisher file and asked me to add the image - I did this
> > - now the image is messed up - the colors are correct on screen, but when
> > printed FROM MY computer the image colors are all wrong - but if I transport
> > the file to a different computer it prints fine
> >
> > I have reinstalled Office - no good
> >
> > Any ideas???

0
Sarah2407 (145)

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Outlook 2007 DST/Time zone issue
I have a network with 4 computers running Office 2007, XP Pro connected to SBS2003. Outlook is connected to the Exchange 2003 component of SBS2003. Computers were deployed using a single, new image inside the last 3 months. New Zealand has had changes to the daylight savings change over dates, and as part of this process the required Microsoft Updates were deployed to the workstations, using WSUS, and applied to the server. Two of the computers have no problem, while two have an issue where calendar entries are 13 hours out. They appear to be defaulting to GMT, instead of NZT (GMT +1200)...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

wierd problem about using Resources
there's a customized resource type in my project which is written in vc2005, i named this type "XSLT" which in fact is associated with an external xslt file. here's it's conent: <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/ Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" cdata-section-elements=""/ > <xsl:param name="indent-increment" select="' '"/> <xsl:template match="*"> <xsl:param name="indent" select=&quo...

Printing Problem
When I print out my account information -- checks, payments, withdrawals, etc. -- the printer doesn't print the "cleared" or "reconciled" line. How can I get this line printed so I can have a permanent record of what has been cleared and reconciled? T I A. Please identify the report in question. Most transaction-centric reports can be customized to include or exclude cleared status. "John Savage" <j-a-savage@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:00bf01c39be5$631cbe30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I print out my account information -- checks, >...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Problem writing Time-Out function
Alright this one might seem a little odd. Basically when I initialize my dialog I have to call a routine (RunSameThread) which unfortunately calls some functions set with a library (which I don't have the source code for) which may not exit. (Basically this call should initialize the COM port and send's some commands to a transceiver attached to the port, then wait for a response before returning). Now, if the transceiver is not hooked up (or turned on) the COM port initialization will go though, but the library function will sit in an infinite loop :( Thus, I am trying to write a t...

Problem with Avg calculation in subform
Hello, I am having a problem with an average calculation on my form. I have a continuous form with a field called "Score" and that field can either have a numerical value in it or an "NA" in it. I have the following code in "score." =IIf([Score]=0,"NA",[Score]) The problem is, I want to take an average of all the NUMERICAL scores in that in subform, and not include the NAs (0s). However....I am getting an average INCLUDING those zero amounts and I want to exclude those. here is the code i'm currently usinig in that average score field: =Av...

Text wrapping problem
I have a document with 2 text boxes, both set to wrap. They are basically 2 columns with a photo in the middle. The left text box wraps fine where the pic is, but the right one overlaps, no matter how I format it. Also, the left text box is wrapping too close to the photo, but in my wrap format section, I can't see how to change it. I need to outline my photo, so I cannot create an artificial 'border' for the photo to keep the text out because then I end up with an outline on the our\tside of the border instead of on the margin of the photo where I need it to be. Publisher 2...

Problem using AcitveSync WM5
Hi, everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certificate from third party. OWA works fine and recognizes certificate. I have installed certificate on the WM5 ipaq. But when I am trying to sync I am getting error 0x80072f0d The security certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your Exchange Server administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server. Can anyone point what is wrong ? Thank you On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:37:19 +0100, "Nos" <nera@nera.com> wrote: >Hi, >everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certifica...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Exchange 5.5
Hi We have an old NT box running exchange 5.5. I am trying to mov mailboxes to a new server running Windows 2000 with exchange 5.5. Bot servers are in the same site. I start the move as usual (hi-light mailbox, tools - move mailbox). enter the destination server (Windows 2000 server) and click ok. Th move mailbox progress box appears with the message "Opening th information store that belongs to username". The progress indicato moves from 0% to 1%m then stops. The mailbox I am moving is empty. have left the process to run for a couple of hours to no avail. When check ...

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Access 2007 security warning...
Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the security warning on a packaged access 2007 database. I create and sign the database but it still seems to appear. Is the only way to purchase a signature off someone like thwate? Adrian If you used the self-signing certificate that comes with Office, that's only accepted on your own computer. The only solution I found was buying a code-signing certificate. If you are part of a Windows domain that includes a Certificate Server, you can probably generate the code-signing certificate there (for free). Then your users would have to trust your ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

OWA Problem #10
I have lost the OWA site from IIS. Can't now login to exchenge remotely. Need some help on how to reinstall the Exchange site in IIS. Thanks "lost the OWA site"? Can you provide more detail, please? What version of Exchange server? What happens when you access http://servername/exchange? William Marcus wrote: > I have lost the OWA site from IIS. Can't now login to exchenge remotely. > Need some help on how to reinstall the Exchange site in IIS. > > Thanks > > ...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...