Not enough memory

I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he has
been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text from an
Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits Newsletters
knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable to use
attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this same
method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem by
saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem myself
once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the solution now so
can anyone help, please.
Tony

--
Regards

Tony

0
Tony

Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he
> has been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text from
> an Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits
> Newsletters knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable
> to use attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this
> same method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem
> by saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem
> myself once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the
> solution now so can anyone help, please.
> Tony
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Tony

0
Jaime
1/29/2010 5:34:47 PM
Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email text,
clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher. Where
does formatting enter the equation?

"Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
> --
> James
> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he
>> has been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text
>> from an Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits
>> Newsletters knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable
>> to use attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this
>> same method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem
>> by saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem
>> myself once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the
>> solution now so can anyone help, please.
>> Tony
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Tony

0
Tony
1/30/2010 8:31:55 PM
Is your user getting any other error? Publisher 2000 will have memory problems
if the PTXT9.DLL is damaged.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235385

If your user has Norton he may receive an out of memory error.
How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

There are other reasons as well. Your user could try detect and repair.
There is a small program that resides in the systray that converts copied text
into unformatted text on the fly.
http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email text,
> clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher. Where does
> formatting enter the equation?
>

> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>> --
>> James
>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>
>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he has
>>> been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text from an
>>> Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits Newsletters
>>> knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable to use
>>> attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this same
>>> method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem by
>>> saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem myself
>>> once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the solution now so
>>> can anyone help, please.
>>> Tony
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tony

0
Mary
1/30/2010 11:06:27 PM
In all other respects his Publisher operates faultlessly. The only time he
gets this message is when he tries to copy text directly from an email body
into a text box, a practice he has been using for a long time without
problems. Since it has only started to happen fairly recently I will suggest
your "Repair" option and see if that fixes it. Thanks.
"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> Is your user getting any other error? Publisher 2000 will have memory
> problems if the PTXT9.DLL is damaged.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235385
>
> If your user has Norton he may receive an out of memory error.
> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
>
> There are other reasons as well. Your user could try detect and repair.
> There is a small program that resides in the systray that converts copied
> text into unformatted text on the fly.
> http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email
>> text, clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher.
>> Where does formatting enter the equation?
>>

>> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>>> --
>>> James
>>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>>
>>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message

0
Tony
1/31/2010 1:25:48 PM
Rather than just using "Paste", what choices are available if he chooses
"Paste Special" from the Edit menu?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email
> text, clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher.
> Where does formatting enter the equation?
>

> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>> --
>> James
>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>
>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he
>>> has been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text
>>> from an Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits
>>> Newsletters knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or
>>> unable to use attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has
>>> used this same method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome
>>> the problem by saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had
>>> this problem myself once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't
>>> find the solution now so can anyone help, please.
>>> Tony
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tony

0
Jaime
2/1/2010 2:33:08 PM
I will ask him.

> Rather than just using "Paste", what choices are available if he chooses
> "Paste Special" from the Edit menu?
> --
> James
> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email
>> text, clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher.
>> Where does formatting enter the equation?
>>

>> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>>> --
>>> James
>>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>>
>>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message

0
Tony

The memory could not be read
After I open Excel and then attempt to open a document, I receive the error "The instruction at "0x302a4515" referenced memory at 0x02cb017f". The memory could not be "read". Thanks for your help! ...

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

total memory available is only 3.3GB with 4GB physical memory under windows 7 64 bit 05-16-10
I had 4GB physical memoryon the PC. With Windows vista 32 bit, available memory is shown as 3.3GB. I asked on usenet and was told that only under 64 bit windows, will the available memory be 4GB. When I upgraded to windows 7, I chosed 64 bit (I did clean install of course), but the available memory shown in the system is still 3.3 GB. This is show in both task manager under performance->Physical memory->total, and 'property of My Computer'->Installed memory (4GB/3.3 GB usable) Why is this and is there a way to make the full 4GB available? It's possible th...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....

Limit Memory Usage
Is there a way to limit the memory usage for the w3wp.exe process that is used by CRM? Right now, it's using up a lot of memory and I would prefer to limit it if it won't hurt performance. It seems to me like the IIS cache for the CRM website just grows this memory more and more throughout the day without "releasing" any memory. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Figured out that to do this you can go into the properties of the CRMAppPool inside of IIS Application Pools and set a "max...

reference memory errors when changing source data
reference memory errors when changing source data anyone know how to fix this issue?? >-----Original Message----- >reference memory errors when changing source data >anyone know how to fix this issue?? >. >Rename the 'field name' of the data that has changed. ie. 'Value' to 'Values' or 'Est.Hrs' to 'Est.HR' refresh the chart Re-drag the fields from the field list box to the chart. ...

Free memory of CWebBrowser.
I am loading a browser in my C++ application. I use CWebBrowser class embebed in CDialog class. Several instances are loaded from CDialog class. When I close any CDialog instance (with DestroyWindow) memory is not free in my application. I precise to free memory because it is critical in my system. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -- javi Are you using new to instantiate the CWebBrowser objects? Use delete to free them. AliR. "javi" <javi.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C60C15B-68BC-4D02-A30E-CC0457019840@microsoft.com... >I am loading a browser in my C++...

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

store.exe memory usage
Hello all I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server and it's now at about 200meg. Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange management. Thanks I only have about 300 mailboxes "Paul" <pauled@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message news:evMq%235tdHHA.4784@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello all > >...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...

Not enough memory to load graphics
Hi there, I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up the message that "publisher doesnt have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects". Now, this doesnt happen on my 4 years old computer, it happens on my brand new computer - it has 2.8GHZ, 512MB RAM, 20GB Hard Drive. Why? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Omar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever > I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up...

Adding Memory to Server
We are running GP 9 on Microsoft Serevr2003, SP1 on a dual processor Compaq server with 2 GB RAM An older document on GP 8 hardware requirements states the boot.ini file should enable the /3GB and/or /PAE switch if more than 2 GB RAM is available. Then the doc references Microsoft article 283037. This VERY confusing article appears to conflict itself regarding these two switches. And it also states the /3Gb and /PAE switches are used when more than 4 GB RAM is available. The article discusses dramatic performance problems when RAM switches are not correctly set. I was unable to fin...

CDHtmlDialog: Memory usage... :-/
Hi, I made a test app using CDHtmlDialog and all it does is display the dialog containing a html page. When i check the memory usage it uses 10,240 kb, is this normal? Is there a way to decrease the memory usage in html dialogs? Thx in advance, Thomas Hi, Thomas. CDHtmlDialog is using IE rendering engine which is good for Internet browsing tasks. And not supposed to be lightweight. I would recommend you to visit ours http://terrainformatica.com/htmlayout as an alternative. Andrew Fredoniouk. Terra Informatica Software Design. "Thomas" <Da_QuiK@fake.email.com> wrote in...

Virtual Memory Error Exchange
I had two server DELL Power Edge 2800, both have Windows Server 2003 SP1, the frist one has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and 6 GB physical memory, the other one has SQL Server 2005 and 4 GB physical memory, I had a problem because my SQL Server was low of available memory, and I solved the problem uninstalling 2 GB physical memory from the exchange server and Installing to the SQL Server. I took this decisition because I have a third part SNMP software which I used to monitor the Memory Usage and I just used 2GB physical memory in Exchange Server and I had 4GB useless. In this moment I hav...

Do you have enough setup information?
Because everyone's business is different, the Great Plains program is highly customizable; you have a lot of configuration options. Does the Great Plains Help documentation provide you with enough information to know how to set up the program before you enter your first transaction? You can reply to this message, or click the link below to type your comments on the Microsoft® Business Solutions–Great Plains® User Assistance Team documentation survey site. http://weblogs.asp.net/bizdoc/archive/2004/11/12/256684.aspx -Ryan -- This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

shareDenyWrite is not enough
I want to prevent writing to a file but allow several processes to read it simultaneously. The flag shareDenyWrite does the first but not the second and I'm forced to use shareDenyNone (which works). Any thoughts? "Alexander" <the44secs@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6c435000-7beb-4b49-96c5-c0db4423f89a@u6g2000prc.googlegroups.com... >I want to prevent writing to a file but allow several processes to > read it simultaneously. The flag shareDenyWrite does the first but not > the second and I'm forced to use shareDenyNone (which works). > shareDenyWrite...

Backing up to USB memory stick
Hi, I recently purchased a USB memory stick for my computer. However when I try to back up my Money 2002 data to it, it asks for a second disk. The Memory stick has more than enough room on it. I have more the 2 gigs of free space left. Yet the program keeps asking for a second disk. I am pointing the program to the correct drive. I was able to get the first back up to work but any subsequent backups ask for the second disk. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance Chris, Backup to the hard drive and then copy the backup file to your stick. Also, on the stick, I would ...

there isn't enough free memory to refresh the display
I'm working with a table of over 1 million records. After running a query I try open it in design view I get the above message. Any suggestions how to get rid of this On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:29:01 -0800, Siegfried <Siegfried@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Run it on a machine with more memory, or perhaps switch to a server database like SQL Server. Are you talking about a select query or an action query? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I'm working with a table of over 1 million records. After running a query I >try open it in design view I get the abo...

virtual memory--should we care
Hello: For an XP workstation, Microsoft recommends setting the virtual memory to 1.5 times the amount of RAM. But, should this also be done on a Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2005 with only one hard drive with 3.50 GB of RAM? And, if so, should both the Minimum and Maximum settings both be set with this amount of virtual memory? This is a 32-bit server. SQL Programmer (it's just a name) You're running SQL Server on a single disk system? As to the RAM, 32-bit servers max at 2GB, unless you do one of the mods (like AWE). So, as long as nothing else is...

memory leak with grandchild class
Seems like I should know how to solve this, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Until recently, all my sprite classes have been derived from my class CSprite. Now that I have derived a class from one of the derived classes, I am getting this from my debugger, often with more lines than this. Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> C:\Hand in Hand\Room 101\Sprite.cpp(111) : {207} client block at 0x003273D8, subtype 0, 60 bytes long. a CBitmap object at $003273D8, 60 bytes long C:\Hand in Hand\Room 101\Sprite.cpp(111) : {206} client block at 0x00327360, subtype 0, 60 bytes long. ...

Are you GOOD ENOUGH for Heaven ??
Are you GOOD ENOUGH for Heaven ?? Click here to read more.... http://emailministry.webs.com/areyougoodenoughforheav.htm Thanks ...

Not enough memory
I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he has been beset by not enough memory errors when trying to paste text from an Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits Newsletters knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable to use attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this same method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem by saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem myself once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the so...

How do I do a 50th reunion memory book?
How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion banquet? We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009 and would like to have the program be a memory book. Do you have an idea of the content? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "pghmimi" <pghmimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE09E54-31C2-4A95-AE33-5CBE228D12C1@microsoft.com... > How would I create a memory book for a 50th high school graduation reunion > banquet? We are having a reunion in Sept. 2009...

get-qadcomputer - taking too much memory
gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer| foreach { $computer = $_.name $computer $ou = $_.parentcontainerdn -match "^ou=(.+),ou=(.+),dc=powershell,dc=com$" $actual_ou = $matches[2] # write to file # $a = "$computer `t $actual_ou" $a | out-file -filepath $Summarypath -append # remove variable # remove-variable ou remove-variable actual_ou remove-variable a remove-variable computer [GC]::Collect() } Try this: gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer | select name,@{n='OU';e={$_.ParentContainer.split("/")[1...

Post Again: Out of Memory" on a machine with 2GB RAM:-(
Hi, Just got a totally new machine running Windows XP SP1, with 2G RAM and lots of HD space. I was so anxious to test the full power of the new machine with an image processing program developed with VC++/MFC 6.0. On one occasion, I just tried to read a list of large images into RAM, whose total size is a bit over 1 GB. Its implementation is something like this: unsigned char *t = new unsigned char [BIG_NUMBER]; // BIG_NUMBER is the total size of images, a bit over 1 GB if( t == NULL ) { AfxMessageBox ("Out of Memory"); delete [] t; exit(-1); } I thought it would be ...