Not enough memory to load graphics

Hi there,

I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever
I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up the message
that "publisher doesnt have enough memory to load graphics
or embedded objects".

Now, this doesnt happen on my 4 years old computer, it
happens on my brand new computer - it has 2.8GHZ, 512MB
RAM, 20GB Hard Drive. Why?
0
anonymous (74721)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Omar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever
> I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up the message
> that "publisher doesnt have enough memory to load graphics
> or embedded objects".

a) What happens if you save the bitmap as a file and import it via Insert >
Picture?
b) Are you running Norton AntiVirus?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/3/2004 6:51:42 PM
a) i saved the bitmap as a file, and it did indeed import
it via insert. thanks

b)i have norton systemworks 2003, but i cant see how that
would make a difference because i have it on both my
computers, and my old one copies into publisher fine.

however, importing it is a long-winded way to do things,
and i still want to be able to copy/paste into publisher.
if it works on my 4-year-old computer, why isn't it
working on my new one? any ideas? thanks in advance

0
anonymous (74721)
1/5/2004 10:18:51 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Omar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> b)i have norton systemworks 2003, but i cant see how that
> would make a difference because i have it on both my
> computers, and my old one copies into publisher fine.

There are some users who have run NAV for years without issue with
Publisher, and some encounter problems straight away.
I suggest disabling Script Blocking and the Microsoft Office PlugIn in
Norton AntiVirus.

Importing the graphic is a far more reliable method than copying/pasting
anyway, especially when it comes to commercial print.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/6/2004 7:27:44 AM
I disabled Script Blocking and the Microsoft Office PlugIn
in Norton AntiVirus. nothing changed. so i totoally
uninstalled norton, and it still doesnt work. i'm using
pub2000 on winXP.

0
anonymous (74721)

Windows DLL Load Hijacking Exploits
<http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS2168761020100825?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r4:c0.067109:b36892454:z0> FYI. Nancy Jackman ...

The memory could not be read
After I open Excel and then attempt to open a document, I receive the error "The instruction at "0x302a4515" referenced memory at 0x02cb017f". The memory could not be "read". Thanks for your help! ...

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

2007 SP2 breaks Excel Graphics in Save as PDF
After installing Office SP2 it was discovered that when using Save as PDF in Excel 2007 SP2 with a workbook that contained graphs those graphs would be broken by page breaks in the output PDF. This is a bug I have seen internet postings on but have found no trace of being documented by Microsoft. Hopefully customers experiencing this issue can find this thread. If your workbooks in your enterprise are heavy on graphs this issue is HUGE (trust me) - because everybody wants to either print or have a PDF. The initial resolution to the issue is to remove Office SP2 rolling back to SP1. T...

How do I load a file into the database?
Hello, I'm at a loss, what I'm trying to do is to copy a MS-word document from the file system into access. I have a button that lists types of events and what I want is if they select event: "Trade Show" then a file such as c:\tradeshow.doc can be copied into the database in a field called content. This content field is a varbinary(max) field in a SQL Server db that is used to store word and excel documents. I can drag and drop files into the field but can't seem to figure out how to copy. I tried LOADFROMFILE but it seems to be for attachment datatype......

Snap-in Failed to load
New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment manager, CRM security is running i have restarted the service i have even rebooted the server. But i still keep getting the snap-in error now. All of the services are running that should be.... any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! I figured it out, I stupidly disabled the admin acct. within the CRM >-----Original Message----- >New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored >great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment >mana...

total memory available is only 3.3GB with 4GB physical memory under windows 7 64 bit 05-16-10
I had 4GB physical memoryon the PC. With Windows vista 32 bit, available memory is shown as 3.3GB. I asked on usenet and was told that only under 64 bit windows, will the available memory be 4GB. When I upgraded to windows 7, I chosed 64 bit (I did clean install of course), but the available memory shown in the system is still 3.3 GB. This is show in both task manager under performance->Physical memory->total, and 'property of My Computer'->Installed memory (4GB/3.3 GB usable) Why is this and is there a way to make the full 4GB available? It's possible th...

Limit Memory Usage
Is there a way to limit the memory usage for the w3wp.exe process that is used by CRM? Right now, it's using up a lot of memory and I would prefer to limit it if it won't hurt performance. It seems to me like the IIS cache for the CRM website just grows this memory more and more throughout the day without "releasing" any memory. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Figured out that to do this you can go into the properties of the CRMAppPool inside of IIS Application Pools and set a "max...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....

graphic symbol
does someone know where find "product key" symbol? (small b/w symbol of key, used in software labels to specify product key visually). ...

reference memory errors when changing source data
reference memory errors when changing source data anyone know how to fix this issue?? >-----Original Message----- >reference memory errors when changing source data >anyone know how to fix this issue?? >. >Rename the 'field name' of the data that has changed. ie. 'Value' to 'Values' or 'Est.Hrs' to 'Est.HR' refresh the chart Re-drag the fields from the field list box to the chart. ...

Free memory of CWebBrowser.
I am loading a browser in my C++ application. I use CWebBrowser class embebed in CDialog class. Several instances are loaded from CDialog class. When I close any CDialog instance (with DestroyWindow) memory is not free in my application. I precise to free memory because it is critical in my system. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -- javi Are you using new to instantiate the CWebBrowser objects? Use delete to free them. AliR. "javi" <javi.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C60C15B-68BC-4D02-A30E-CC0457019840@microsoft.com... >I am loading a browser in my C++...

load subform
I have a form in datasheet view with a linked subform. I would like the subform to automatically open if a certain condition is met (MAR="NO") in the form. How do I do this? ...

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

Add-in "C:\winnt\system\mociext.dll could not be installed or loaded
Starting Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro machine error received.. "TheAdd-in C:\winnt\system\mociext.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be reloved by using the Detect and Repair on the Help Menu" This does not fix nor does a reinstall of Office 2003 Pro. How can this be remedied. ...

free graphic editor?
Hello: Microsoft photoeditor being no more included with office, is there any equivalent free software with similar peformances, that start up in a fraction of second, selecting (rectangular area) possible (for copy/paste), and supporting multi-pages tif (not available with photoed.exe), without being huge in size ?? any help is appreciated. Maurice Maurice wrote: > Hello: > > Microsoft photoeditor being no more included with office, is there any > equivalent free software with similar peformances, that start up in a > fraction of second, selecting...

Basic Graphic Questions
I have a charting program I created some time back. It works well -- but is effectively the old legacy way of doing things. That is: Coordinate system is (0,0) in upper left corner. I Paint everything. -- AutoRedraw = False. If the form is resized, then a new scale is determined (via code) and the graph is repainted. -------------------------------------- I'm wondering if I missing something and that using a more OPP approach might give me better control. Questions 1) Is there a benefit to using the object (picturebox) scale methods instead of calculating your own an...

store.exe memory usage
Hello all I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server and it's now at about 200meg. Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange management. Thanks I only have about 300 mailboxes "Paul" <pauled@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message news:evMq%235tdHHA.4784@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello all > >...

Screen Resolution of EPS Graphic
I am importing EPS graphic images produced by AutoCad. They import and print properly but the screen resolution degrades when the image is updated. The Graphic Manager reports 96dpi which looks about right. But the original image is much higher resolution. Is there any way to improve the on-screen resolution of these liked files? Thanks Sam Steiner Sam what is displayed in Publisher of the EPS graphic is the embedded TIF/TIFF preview file. You are not seeing the actual EPS at all. Unless there is a method in AutoCad to improve the DPI of the TIF preview image, then there is no w...

Graphical Goal Seek
I have written some custom macros in previous versions of Excel that count on the ability to be able to select data points in a Scatter Plot and move them in X/Y. I put Command Buttons on the chart that would then run the macro. (Think Bezier curve control points - move the point, re-calculate the curve). I believe the feature in previous versions of Excel was called Graphical Goal Seek (at least that is what the Undo button says after a point is moved). I cannot seem to get this to work in Excel 2007. Furthermore, the selection of points in a Data Series in a Scatter Plot is not co...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...

Hello All, Are there any classes available for attaching files into notes ? I am migrating data from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 and would like to read the linked documents from Goldmine records and post them in CRM 3.0. I believe this cannot be done via the Data Migration Framework. What are the set of API classes that can do that ? Any sample code will be really appreciated. Thanks Nicos Papaioannou Dot.Cy Developments Ltd Nicos, http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=CreatingActivities contains some sample code to attach files. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: htt...

Not enough memory to load graphics
Hi there, I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up the message that "publisher doesnt have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects". Now, this doesnt happen on my 4 years old computer, it happens on my brand new computer - it has 2.8GHZ, 512MB RAM, 20GB Hard Drive. Why? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Omar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever > I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up...

Adding Memory to Server
We are running GP 9 on Microsoft Serevr2003, SP1 on a dual processor Compaq server with 2 GB RAM An older document on GP 8 hardware requirements states the boot.ini file should enable the /3GB and/or /PAE switch if more than 2 GB RAM is available. Then the doc references Microsoft article 283037. This VERY confusing article appears to conflict itself regarding these two switches. And it also states the /3Gb and /PAE switches are used when more than 4 GB RAM is available. The article discusses dramatic performance problems when RAM switches are not correctly set. I was unable to fin...

CDHtmlDialog: Memory usage... :-/
Hi, I made a test app using CDHtmlDialog and all it does is display the dialog containing a html page. When i check the memory usage it uses 10,240 kb, is this normal? Is there a way to decrease the memory usage in html dialogs? Thx in advance, Thomas Hi, Thomas. CDHtmlDialog is using IE rendering engine which is good for Internet browsing tasks. And not supposed to be lightweight. I would recommend you to visit ours http://terrainformatica.com/htmlayout as an alternative. Andrew Fredoniouk. Terra Informatica Software Design. "Thomas" <Da_QuiK@fake.email.com> wrote in...