Newsletter in Publisher cannot be opened

Hi -

I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff. We
were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to
create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact
that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot open
the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it indicated
that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That
worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it.

I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a newsletter that is
just sitting there.

thanks,
--
Val40
0

Most folks found that the best format to send newsletters is pdf.  If you
don't have a pdf converting program, here are three.

Free:  Primopdf.exe   www.primopdf.com
Modest cost:  PDF-XChange.exe  excellent.
http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
Madon!!  Acrobat
http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catAcrobatStnd&sourcecode=110400

I use PDF-XChange for three reasons; modest cost, creates the smallest pdf
files of any pdf creating program and e-mail addresses and urls are active
when reading a pdf file on your computer.

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"val40" <val40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff.
> We
> were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to
> create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact
> that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot
> open
> the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it
> indicated
> that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That
> worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it.
>
> I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a newsletter that
> is
> just sitting there.
>
> thanks,
> --
> Val40

0
Don
1/20/2006 11:05:22 PM
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:00:03 +0000, val40 wrote
(in article <D8A7C38A-1449-4142-891B-9DB3D03CE39B@microsoft.com>):

> Hi -
>
> I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff. We
> were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to
> create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact
> that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot open
> the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it indicated
> that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That
> worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it.
>
> I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a newsletter that is
> just sitting there.
>
> thanks,

You're going to have to be more specific as none of us have crystal balls.
What does "my email wouldn't send it" mean? Any errors? If so, please quote
them verbatim.

One other thing, on a point of grammar, 'advise' is a verb. It is *NOT* as
many of you Yanks appear to believe, one of these interchangeable things like
'practice' and 'practise' and 'licence' and 'license'. The noun (which is
what you're needing) is 'advice'. They are *NOT* interchangeable. The same
applies to 'devise' and 'device'.

I would suggest, as is often done here, that you download PrimoPDF and
convert.

0
naggingdoubt (192)
1/20/2006 11:19:48 PM
Margolotta -

Thaks for the grammar lesson, however that error was not of choice but
rather quick typing and actually I am not a "yank". Thanks!
--
Val40

"Margolotta" wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:00:03 +0000, val40 wrote
> (in article <D8A7C38A-1449-4142-891B-9DB3D03CE39B@microsoft.com>):
>
> > Hi -
> >
> > I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff. We
> > were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to
> > create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact
> > that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot open
> > the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it indicated
> > that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That
> > worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it.
> >
> > I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a newsletter that is
> > just sitting there.
> >
> > thanks,
> >

> You're going to have to be more specific as none of us have crystal balls.
> What does "my email wouldn't send it" mean? Any errors? If so, please quote
> them verbatim.
>
> One other thing, on a point of grammar, 'advise' is a verb. It is *NOT* as
> many of you Yanks appear to believe, one of these interchangeable things like
> 'practice' and 'practise' and 'licence' and 'license'. The noun (which is
> what you're needing) is 'advice'. They are *NOT* interchangeable. The same
> applies to 'devise' and 'device'.
>
> I would suggest, as is often done here, that you download PrimoPDF and
> convert.

0
val40 (3)
1/23/2006 2:22:01 AM
Thanks Don. I am going to try that. I was able to speak with a colleague at
the University who suggested the same. I appreciate your quick reply. Having
spent weeks working on this only to have my staff reply that they could not
open it, frankly was quite discouraging. I believe the PDF format is the
solution I need.
--
Val40

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Most folks found that the best format to send newsletters is pdf.  If you
> don't have a pdf converting program, here are three.
>
> Free:  Primopdf.exe   www.primopdf.com
> Modest cost:  PDF-XChange.exe  excellent.
> http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
> Madon!!  Acrobat
> http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catAcrobatStnd&sourcecode=110400
>
> I use PDF-XChange for three reasons; modest cost, creates the smallest pdf
> files of any pdf creating program and e-mail addresses and urls are active
> when reading a pdf file on your computer.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "val40" <val40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi -
> >
> > I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff.
> > We
> > were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to
> > create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact
> > that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot
> > open
> > the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it
> > indicated
> > that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That
> > worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it.
> >
> > I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a newsletter that
> > is
> > just sitting there.
> >
> > thanks,
> > --
> > Val40

0
val40 (3)
1/23/2006 2:25:02 AM
Val40,

If you and your colleagues are looking for a small, quick, free, pdf reader
with an extra feature, give a look at PDF Reader by Foxit.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

--

> Thanks Don. I am going to try that. I was able to speak with a colleague
> at
> the University who suggested the same. I appreciate your quick reply.
> Having
> spent weeks working on this only to have my staff reply that they could
> not
> open it, frankly was quite discouraging. I believe the PDF format is the
> solution I need.
> --
> Val40
>

> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> Most folks found that the best format to send newsletters is pdf.  If you
>> don't have a pdf converting program, here are three.
>>
>> Free:  Primopdf.exe   www.primopdf.com
>> Modest cost:  PDF-XChange.exe  excellent.
>> http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
>> Madon!!  Acrobat
>> http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catAcrobatStnd&sourcecode=110400
>>
>> I use PDF-XChange for three reasons; modest cost, creates the smallest
>> pdf
>> files of any pdf creating program and e-mail addresses and urls are
>> active
>> when reading a pdf file on your computer.
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver USA
>>

>> "val40" <val40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi -
>> >
>> > I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my
>> > staff.
>> > We
>> > were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to
>> > create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the
>> > fact
>> > that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot
>> > open
>> > the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it
>> > indicated
>> > that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File.
>> > That
>> > worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it.
>> >
>> > I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a newsletter
>> > that
>> > is
>> > just sitting there.
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > --
>> > Val40

0
Don

MS publisher #7
I have publisher 98 and cannot open files in office 95 can anyone help? On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:08:02 -0700, "rick752" <rick752@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have publisher 98 and cannot open files in office 95 can anyone help? That's just Godfather Gates' attempt to make you pay for Office... Blessed be, for sure... Are you saying you have some Publisher files created in Publisher 95 that you cannot open in Publisher 98? Publisher 98 can open Publisher 95 files. Disable your virus software and try again. If you are hesitant to do this, at least disable ...

View Publisher 2003 File
Is there a way to view a Pub 2003 file if the program is not installed on your computer? I need to see if I can open the file to save it as a PDF and send it to someone. Is this possible? Thanks! No... You can download the trial version of Publisher 2007. It will open Publisher 2003 files. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx If you send me the file I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KenPez" <KenPez@discussions.microso...

Publisher 2007 #35
Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? Is your video/graphics driver current? Are you getting an error message? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "comicool" <comicool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BAA1E8A-1A18-4C5A-8652-C7A3F3E30F1B@microsoft.com... > Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? ...

Publish Survey
I created a survey in Sharepoint but can't figure out how to get it to display on a page/part. Whe i pull it over from 'design page' i only get a section but no link or survey questions. Hope someone can help (survey function is very new to me). -- Thank you ------=_NextPart_0001_B4CABC24 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit http://vspug.com/ssa/2006/11/01/creating-a-survey-in-moss-2007/ http://vspug.com/ssa/2006/11/03/creating-a-survey-in-moss-2007-programmatica lly/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OFlk8X-Yc&feature=related Hope this ...

vba to check if a file on a server is currently open or in use by someone.
How can I use vba to check if a file on a server is currently in use o open by anyone on the network - and is it possible to see which use has the file open???? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com MS has code here that checks to see if any file is open: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q138621 XL: Macro Code to Check Whether a File Is Already Open (Q138621) And take a look at WriteReservedBy in VBA's help. I've never used it. Some people say it works ok for them--others say it doesn't. "dovrox <" wrote: > > How can ...

HELP I havbe been moved to Publisher from Printshop Help Convertin
How can I get MS publisher2003 to open my Printshop.sig files ??????please help I believe you are out of luck. Do you still have PrintShop? Copy and paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chris Atwell" <ChrisAtwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2D44049-4B39-4C6B-B0C3-3B9A8662B5EA@microsoft.com... > How can I get MS publisher2003 to open my Printshop.sig files ??????please help Is there no way of converting printshop files like .biz to publisher? "Chris Atwell" wrot...

problems opening an url
Hello out there, In Excel 2000 I used to open an url to update data from this page: http://epp.eurostat.cec.eu.int/portal/page?_pageid=1996,39140985&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&screen=detailref&language=fr&product=_STRIND&root=STRIND/strind/enviro/en031") This page contains first some text and then a table with data in it. In Excel XP and 2003 this no longer seems to work. The page Excel, is opening, does not contain the complete html page (only the first lines of text). When you open the same url with a browser , you can see the complete page. Is it a bug or...

cannot open public folder calendar in calendar view
We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows 2003 native mode SP1 I have created a public folder calendar to use for vacation scheduling. We can see it in OWA and if we switch to the folder list view in Outlook 2003, we can open it that way, but we would like to be able to open it from the calendar view in Outlook so we can compare calendars side by side. Many thanks wongcna In news:u2$xFVZAGHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, wongcna <wongcna@hotmail.com.nospam> typed: > We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows > 2003...

Publisher Problem: Printing a mail merge booklet on Kyocera Printe
We have run into an issue when printing a malmerge document from MS Publisher 2007 to a Kyocera printer. This is an 8 page newsletter which is supposed to be assembled as a booklet (folded and stapled) on a Kyocera KM-3232. The mailmerge address with a barcode is inserting correctly into publisher, with the data source an excel spreadsheet. But on the Kyocera the booklet is drawing the maximum pages (40) before folding and stapling. Kyocera says the problem is in Publisher. I can't find any information in publsiher to figure out how to fix it. The document prints correctly as one ...

don't want OWA attatchments to open in browser
Attatchments i get when i am using Outlook Web Access used to open automatically in Word. now the are opening in a browser, not word. how do i get them back to opening in Word? ...

How to send a multipage newsletter in the body of an email
First, the caveats. 1. I use Outlook Express so I can't be certain that this process will work if you are using something like AOL, Juno, Netscape Mail or the like. I'm sure that it will work with Outlook even tho I haven't tested it. If you are using one of those programs and you try this, I'd be interested to hear if it worked. 2. This process could produce a hefty email. I used a four page Publisher template and the file size is about 800 KB. As you change fonts, add pictures, etc, the size will grow. 3. If your audience has their email set for text only, there'...

Newsletter
I've been reading all of the issues on this Publisher board and am a little intimidated as I need to create an 8 page newsletter to be sent via snail mail. I have no prior experience in layout/design. Am I in over my head with Publisher 2003? Is there an "average" time for getting comfortable with Publisher 2003? Thanks- Carla wrote: > I've been reading all of the issues on this Publisher > board and am a little intimidated as I need to create an > 8 page newsletter to be sent via snail mail. I have no > prior experience in layout/design. Am I in over my he...

Outlook will open open. says .pst file is to large, delete somethi
That says it all, on the road with no access to my product identification code. What version of Outlook? What version of Outlook was your PST created in? What type of mail account do you have? "Nieder" <Nieder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EFE15BA-13EF-4E77-ADC0-C37908C19E68@microsoft.com... > That says it all, on the road with no access to my product identification code. ...

Add a .jpg to a cell so that it opens up when you hover over the c
I have a workbook of prices and descriptions of products and would like to add pictures (.jpg's) of the product so that when you hover over a cell the image would open so a salesperson could show a customer what the product looks like. If it could work like a "comment" it would be slick. Thanks, Steve Debra Dalgleish explains how to do it here: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture STEVE THE PARTS GUY wrote: > > I have a workbook of prices and descriptions of products and would like to add > pictures (.jpg's) of the product so that when you hover ove...

Eligibility for Publisher 2007 Upgrade?????
I recently purchased Office 2007 Student and Teacher edition. I would also like to purchase Publisher 2007. I notice that Publisher 2007 Upgrade is eligible to anyone who owns a version of Office (current or previous versions). Just double-checking, but does the Student and Teacher edition qualify for this upgrade, too? Or do I need to purchase the full-priced version? Thanks. No, it does not. That's one of the reasons it's so cheap. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Weirzee" <Weirz...

Publisher File locked
Running a small 12 user network, using Publisher 2002 on XP Pro PC's, 2003 Server. When trying to open a shared publisher document, the first user is succesful the others fail with a message saying that the file is locked by another program. The only way round this at the moment is to save the file as a Web Page and then everyone can open it and then save as a publisher file in thier own folders. Would have expected Publisher to act in the same way as Word, which gives you the option to open the file as 'Read Only' The publisher documents, and all other user files, are hel...

How can I open Web page in Internet Explorer from application
I have a C++ MFC application with no particular connection to the Internet. I would like to open Internet Explorer at a specified URL from my program. Internet Explorer would then be controlled independently by the user. For example, many commercial applications have a link that the user can click to open a web site in Internet explorer. That is what I want to accomplish from my program. I haven't been able to find the required interfaces or objects to do this. Cynthia Cynthia Kennard wrote: > I have a C++ MFC application with no particular connection to the Internet. > I...

How to create newsletter to be viewed on website as newsletter?
I want the newsletter to be viewed exactly the way I create it on my website. Please help. Reference: Convert a print newsletter for use on the Web: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011030981033.aspx DavidF "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AAF9C8C-D23B-45B9-95CC-7B355CF40E28@microsoft.com... >I want the newsletter to be viewed exactly the way I create it on my >website. > Please help. You could accomplish this by using one of the free- or shareware PDF creators available on the WWW. They install as printer drive...

Microsoft CRM: Unable to open Reports from CRM Application.
Hi, I just installed an EVAL copy of Micorosft CRM with SQL 2005 on Windows 2003 Server. Install went fine without any error messages. However, when I am in the CRM application and try to access "Reports", I get an error "Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded" But if I access the CRM reports directly http://<server>/Reports, I can access all the reports. Has anyone come across this issue and resolved it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Sanjay Hi, I had a similar problem when i´ve installed the CRM 3.0. The problem was regarding wi...

Publisher 2000 Graph Paper?
Any one got a graph paper template I could have please for Publisher 2000. seem to recall I had one one in earler virson but cant find it now, can any one help? Please. This is a pretty good program http://pharm.kuleuven.be/pharbio/gpaper.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Poppa" <Poppa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81E69D9E-71F6-4949-BCB2-80EEC4544AF2@microsoft.com... > Any one got a graph paper template I could have please for Publisher 2000. > seem to recall I had one one...

Convert newsletter on Publisher 2007 to a PDF/Save Newsletter as I
How do I convert my newsletter that I created on Publisher 2007 to a PDF so that I can attach the PDF to an email? How do I save the newsletter as an image, so that I can paste it on an email? See in line: On 6/12/07 1:22 AM, in article 313A2C1E-9322-4AE2-ABB8-F607B92CDEEB@microsoft.com, "blueprince999" <blueprince999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I convert my newsletter that I created on Publisher 2007 to a PDF so > that I can attach the PDF to an email? Either get a PDF generator such as Cute PDF, Primo PDF, or some-such (for which you can Google) or...

Transfer Publisher 2002 from Old Computer to New
What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 Software to a new computer? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dave Goltz <dgoltz@sbcglobal.net>... > What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 > Software to a new computer? Uninstall Publisher from the old PC Install it on the new PC Activate (you may need to use Phone Activation) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Install Publisher 2002 from the orig...

How do I use a Word merge list in Publisher
I have compiled a large address list for use with Word mail merges. Publisher does not recognize the .doc format in a merge address list - even though both are Microsoft products that do roughly the same thing. Can I use my Word list with Publisher? Hi microeng (microeng@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have compiled a large address list for use with Word mail merges. || Publisher does not recognize the .doc format in a merge address list || - even though both are Microsoft products that do roughly the same || thing. Can I use my Word list with Publisher? Sa...

Error on page when opening attribute for customisation
hey Folks, MS CRM 3 on windows 2003 rc2 domain controller, SQL Server and SRS on seperate server. When I open an attriiute to customise it (on any entity) I get a warning symbol in the bottom left of my ie window which gives me the following when i double click the warning triangle: Line 131 char 1 error: To create nodes of type 'ELEMENT', a valid name must be specified. code 0 I can then not save any changes I make to the attribute. The same happens when I create new attributes However I can create new entities, where the primary attribute is succesfully created (I can't ...

2000 Publisher problems and printing!!
My dauher is gettinf married on the 18th. I created a beautiful program ...12 pages 4.75H x6.5H wuth a natural oaoer cover...all this bound together with a a ribbon. My problem is something called TILING. The booklet printed out beautifully until I closed the program. When I opened it this tiling thing appears and now I cannot get the program to print! I need to have 200 of them printed by this weekend...can someone help? How do I convert this back to booklet and not tiled. I've gone so far as to delete the printer driver and reinstall it. It worked perfectly until I co...