new version

Hello,

Does anyone know if/when the next version of Publisher (2004?) will be
coming out?

Thanks!

Very Kind Regards,
Allyson

0
allyson (11)

Thanks for your response.

I'm concerned because we had Publisher 2002 and 2003 come out so close to
each other... do you think there are plans in the works for yet another
release next year?

> I don't think even Microsoft know that firmly :-)
>
> However, it seems that October 2006 would be the latest, as Office 2003
came
> out in October 2003, and many software licensing contracts are 3 years
long,
> so if Microsoft didn't release a new version by then, it could harm sales
of
> the version when it does come out.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
allyson (11)
7/24/2004 3:19:12 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Chris
<allyson@cstoneinfo.com>!"...
> Does anyone know if/when the next version of Publisher (2004?) will be
> coming out?

I don't think even Microsoft know that firmly :-)

However, it seems that October 2006 would be the latest, as Office 2003 came
out in October 2003, and many software licensing contracts are 3 years long,
so if Microsoft didn't release a new version by then, it could harm sales of
the version when it does come out.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/24/2004 5:24:59 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Allyson <allyson@cstoneinfo.com>!"...
> I'm concerned because we had Publisher 2002 and 2003 come out so
> close to each other... do you think there are plans in the works for
> yet another release next year?

It is currently 2004.  I do not expect a new release of Office within 2004.
Beyond that I wouldn't like to say, as I have no idea.

It's interesting to look at the patterns...
Office 95 - Office 97 - 2 years
Office 97 - Office 2000 - 3 years
Office 2000 - Office XP (version 2002) - 2 years
Office XP (2002) - Office 2003 - 1 year

If this pattern holds, we are looking for a 2-year gap between the last
version of Office and the next, so it would be Office 2005.
However, relying on spurious statistics is never a good idea.

If you have any firm idea of a release date for the next version of Office,
I'd contact your bookmaker and put some money down :-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/24/2004 7:56:17 PM
Ed, thank you so much for your help!

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Allyson <allyson@cstoneinfo.com>!"...
> > I'm concerned because we had Publisher 2002 and 2003 come out so
> > close to each other... do you think there are plans in the works for
> > yet another release next year?
>
> It is currently 2004.  I do not expect a new release of Office within
2004.
> Beyond that I wouldn't like to say, as I have no idea.
>
> It's interesting to look at the patterns...
> Office 95 - Office 97 - 2 years
> Office 97 - Office 2000 - 3 years
> Office 2000 - Office XP (version 2002) - 2 years
> Office XP (2002) - Office 2003 - 1 year
>
> If this pattern holds, we are looking for a 2-year gap between the last
> version of Office and the next, so it would be Office 2005.
> However, relying on spurious statistics is never a good idea.
>
> If you have any firm idea of a release date for the next version of
Office,
> I'd contact your bookmaker and put some money down :-)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
allyson (11)

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

Flash player does not support IE8 64-bit version
I am using 64-bit Windows 7 and there are two built-in IE8: 32-bit and 64-bit. The 32-bit one is working fine while the 64-bit cannot display the website with flash picture/video clip. Understand Adobe Flash Player does not support 64-bit OS. Is there any alternative for 64-bit IE? Thanks, Scott You must use the 32-bit IE if you are going to use Flash. Adobe does not support 64-bit yet. You have a 32-bit IE, click Start>Programs, and scroll down to Internet Explorer. There are two, one is notated as 64-bit. "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com>...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Which Version
I have a G4 power book running OS 10.2.7 on which a trial package of MS Office X was sent. I want to purchase but I don't know which version to buy. I know I don't want the professional version but the standard version is awfully pricey. I think I might qualify for the teacher/student version though I am neither at the moment. I just want to talk to somebody from Microsoft about this but it seems to be impossible. Any suggestions???? In article <057b01c3ad5a$afe813f0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I hav...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...

New Accounts on Exchange 2003
This week I entered two new people and the reciepent policy is not providing the necessary email addresses. Of course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no one can email them. I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD. Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent policy? Omer, Thanks for the response. The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an hour. I changed it to every 15 minutes. I also tried the "Update Now" feature. For both of these, there were no events generated. I remember setting up trace logs earlier this y...

new columns created from "&nbsp;"
I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". The data was imported from an online database. Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a text file) TIA, Greg Greg Wilker wrote: > I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". > > The data was imported from an online database. > > Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the > &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a te...

create new folder is always greyed out-why?
"Create new folder" is always greyed out-why? ...

Canadian Trial Version?
Is there a version of the Microsoft Money trial for Canadians? The download page for the trial on the Microsoft website says that it is for US customers only. (If there isn't - why not?) Thanks for your time, Eric In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote: >Is there a version of the Microsoft Money trial for Canadians? The download >page for the trial on the Microsoft website says that it is for US customers >only. Money 2007 has been unified for US and Canada. You should be able to use the trial. If you are already using an earlier version, I suggest that you download the f...