Network drive disappears when opening publisher document #2

Windows 2003 SBS server, active directory domain, Windows XP Pro
client, Microsoft Office Pro 2003.

I have a user who had a Microsoft Publisher document he was working on.
He has been storing it on a mapped network drive and opening it from
there. However, a couple days ago for some reason, whenever he tried to
open the document directly from the network drive, his computer was
completely losing the drive to the point that I, as the network admin,
had to go and remove his computer from the domain and add it back again
to even see the network share.

If he copies the document to his local drive, and then opens it, there
is no problem, only if he tries to open it directly from the network
drive.

I saw a post in here that publisher is "not network friendly." Do you
think that could be what's causing the PC to lose the share?

Sorry about the dupe message. Google Groups barfed. I should have
checked to see if the message got posted before trying again to post it.

Troubles with sharing over business network
I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few computers that are working but our newer computers are not. Nathan Niewohner wrote: > I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. > We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to > be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few > computers that are worki...

open folder
Whenever I start Outlook 2000, one of the sub-folders always opens up expanded, all the others are closed. The program starts with the inbox selected which is as I want it, but how do I get this particular sub-folder to start up closed? Outlook doesn't seem to remember the current setting when I close it. I cannot find anything under Tools. Thanks in advance, Geoff. ...

find out what processes have a file opened
How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a file opened? And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like losing network connectivity to an open remote file). - Larry Hello Larry__Weiss, > How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a > file opened? > > And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any > process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like > losing network connectivity to a...

Default open new doc without "format publication " task pane?
Is it possible to set up a default to open a new document without that obnoxious "Format Publication" task pane? The ribbon does whatever I need, so the task pane is redundant and in the way. No... You can minimize it. The task pane is a tear off, it can be re-sized to small. Drag the task pane to a less obtrusive part of the screen. Publisher will remember this setting the next time the program is opened. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Arthur Dent" <Arthur Dent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DD73F8F-1F21-433C-B8EC-813C494154B2@mi...

No detected DVD drive HELP PLZ
Ok i have a Dell Studio 1735 laptop media setup with Windows VIsta 32bit Home premium. I got board of the XP modded (Pirate Edition- seriauly its called that) install so i formatted today an installed but got the dreaded "no driver detected" (the one where its wants Sata drives from floppy)(i managed to work my way around this by installing the VISTA OS on anoter laptop an changing the hard drive back. I have no problems apart from the DVD drive it seems it does not wanna be seen in My Computer OR device manager (checked for yellow devices an rescaned for new hard ware ...

How to set "Prompt for document properties" in Word 2007?
I want to make a preview of each Office document when I save it. In earlier versions, I could at least "Prompt for document properties". Not ideal, but it got the job done. In Office 2007, even that avenue seems to have been closed and I have to remember myself, AND do six hovers and clicks to navigate to the old Properties panel. Just select the file in the File Open dialog box with Preview selected as the View. Argey wrote: > I want to make a preview of each Office document when I save it. > > In earlier versions, I could at least "Prompt...

Sorting 2 lists
I'm sure there's a name for what I'm trying to do, but I don't know it so I can't search previous questions for answers. Please help! I have 2 lists: List 1, column A - Customer names List 1, column B - annual sales 2003 List 2, column C - Customer names (some of which are also on List 1) List 2, column D - annual sales 2004 I want to match up customers that exist in both lists and be able to compare 2003 sales in a column right next to 2004 sales. The customers that don't match up can be listed below. Hi, Am I correct that the two lists are on the same sheet...

Representing new, open positions in EPM 2003 for resource planning
Hi, We have several new positions available that won't be filled for a few months. We are attempting to introduce a 12-month rolling resource plan using our data in EPM. We enter all of our projects into the system, make our best guesses on who will be working on what project with a general timeframe and work effort. We do assign our enterprise resources on the task level and leave the resources as proposed. What is the best way to represent these new hires in the system so we can assign them to projects for resource planning? Should they just be generic resources or ...

Open CSV correctly
Hello When I double-click on a CSV file, separate with ";", each line of my file appears on a single column, but if I change the separator to "," all is ok. I change the Separator list to ";" in the regianl settings but no changes ! Any idea to configure my Excel to take the ";" as separator? When you tried this, did you have excel closed? This technique has worked for me. Maybe just trying it again (with excel closed) will work. If it still fails, you can still select the column data|text to columns delimited by ; (an additional step, unti...

VBA
Probably simple for VBA people - I need an excel file with code that opens a CSV file off our company network, then copys the contents of sheet one off that CSV file into sheet 2 of the excel file that is holding this code. Any help? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Memories of Lotus 1-2-3
Way back in the deep dark recesses of my memory I seem to recall some way of extracting all unique values of a certain field from a database in Lotus 1-2-3 to a different portion of the spreadsheet. I have a need to do the same thing now, but like most of the world, I am using Excel now. I can't seem to figure out how to get this done in Excel...in Lotus...I think it was with a data - extract command. Thanks for the help !! Put a label cell on top of the column containing the data Click on the label cell and then pulldown: Data > Filter > Advanced Filter... Check Copy to a...

Memory Usage #2
Hi, I have developed an application which monitors traffic around a city centre car park. The application works fine as intended and I have been testing it lately. One thing I have noticed which is starting to concern me is that when I start the application its memory usage is around 8.5M in task manager. If I leave it to run overnight, it rises to 18M. I have been careful of releasing everything I have allocated and I don't get no memory leaks reported in Visual Studio. Firstly, what things could be responsible for this increase in memory? Secondly, how can I detect and fix thes...

Outlook and Being Networked
I have a two PC running Outlook 2003. Both our networked together through our wireless network, both running XP Home Edition. I'm wanting to keep both .pst files current on each PC so that no matter what PC you currently use, you can access your files and such. I've looked and have read most of the links and articles on http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm and have read many KB articles on Microsoft. Most of these programs cost and I've tried some over their trial period and didn't quite like how they operated or it just wasn't what I needed. So, how can one...

printing publisher doc
I sent a publisher doc, not as attachment but I clicked on the icon "send this page as message". I´m trying to print it directly from Outlook but it cuts parts of the image... is there any way to send it and be possible to print it, or even be able to select text and images, do copy and paste it to another program? Thanks. ...

Publisher 2003-remove margins
I'm running Publisher 2003 and am new to it but am familiar with most other major graphics apps. My question is this: if I set my paper up to 8.5x11 landscape and design my tri-fold to go all the way to the edge of the artboard, do a print preview, it cuts the edge off. It's as if there's a set margin that it's not letting me print in. Is there not a way to create a publication to full bleed in this app like I can in Illustrator? Thanks for any help! Buster Does your printer allow full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Blankman" <none@micro...

Excel 2007: Problem Opening Files from Outlook and from Windows Explorer
I'm running Office 2007 SP1 on Windows Vista and having an issue where I cannot open an Excel file by double-clicking Outlook attachments or in Windows Explorer. I have to go into Excel and click Open, browse to the file, and select it to Open it. I think there must be some issues with writing to the temp directory but have no idea how to correct this. This only happens with Excel, no other applications. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Unable Open mailbox
Has anyone seen this error message? I receive it on every mailbox. I think I have the proper permission, I can exmerge data form the users mailbox to pst. Please help! Desperately yours, Logfile opened as:msextmz.log Reading Configuration. Command Line:C:\program files\microsoft office\office11\TZMOVE.EXE /q ServerDN:/o=GAPAC/ou=SITE1/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=BLGA181M2 OutputputFile opened as:Output.txt InputFile opened as:C:\MsExTmz\BLGA181M2\Mailboxes_1.txt Error opened as:Errors.txt Default Timezone is not set. Searching Calendar for Timezone Information. Per-Mailbox time limit:1...

comparing two columns? #2
I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers in column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help? Hi Steve Chip Pearson has a great page on working with duplicates ... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm have a look down the bottom of the page for comparing lists -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "steve g via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:7fe142636f88...

Why are all my Excel docs in Google Groups opening as Read Only?
It looks like the Excel docs are all Excel 97-2003 files. I'm on Vista. Is this a compatability issue? The Google Group admin for these docs says it is not an issue with the security access level. ...

How do I print out more than one coupon in publisher? #2
I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per page. My coupon has a front and backside. Hope can help. Are you asking how to print a two sided coupon or how to put more than one coupon on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tcmb" <tcmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50A2C74-B5F5-4A55-8D15-325F9A401663@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per > page. My coupon has a front and backside. > Hope can help. Determine the size of your coupon,...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Form On Open event, except not exactly
I have a form with a command button that opens a second form and populates it with data from the initial form. That part is fine. What I want to do is use that data in an On Open event (or something) that will execute *after* the data is loaded by the first procedure. Specifically, the second form should display an image based on a path and filename concatenated from the first form's data : Forms!PhotoData!imgFrame1.Picture = strImagePath It all works fine using a command button on the second form; but that requires loading a default image and a manual click to display the intended imag...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

new hard drive freezes BIOS
I know this may not be the proper place for this question. Perhaps if no one here can field it, you can refer me to the appropriate newsgroup. Computer currently dual hard drive - one IDE and one SATA - both running Win XP. Boots easily into either one. No problem. Tried to install a new Seagate SATA drive as a third drive to run Win7. Hooked up new drive and computer will not boot past the Intel Screen (click F2 to enter BIOS) - freezes here - can not even enter BIOS. Disconnect all other drives and peripherals and connect new SATA using same ports and cables as other SATA...

Publisher & MS Drawing Tools
I write a lot of articles for trade publications within my industry, as well as news letters. I am finally fed up with Microsoft. Specifically with Publisher and Draw. I am changing over to Adobe products and saying a finale goodbye to Microsoft for these applications. David Brown Thanks for sharing :) Happy New Year!! David Brown wrote: > I write a lot of articles for trade publications within my > industry, as well as news letters. I am finally fed up > with Microsoft. Specifically with Publisher and Draw. I am > changing over to Adobe products and saying a finale >...