Need to Load Publisher

I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had
the CD Key Value.  I have anew computer and just needs
the functionality of Publisher 98.

How can I get the 11-disgit key value?  I have a valid
product ID  when I loded the software on the old
computer  Help??  MIke
0
mbenya (1)

http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

"Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had
> the CD Key Value.  I have anew computer and just needs
> the functionality of Publisher 98.
>
> How can I get the 11-disgit key value?  I have a valid
> product ID  when I loded the software on the old
> computer  Help??  MIke

0
publisher (1245)
12/29/2003 3:09:28 AM
Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520
>

> "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had
>> the CD Key Value.  I have anew computer and just needs
>> the functionality of Publisher 98.
>>
>> How can I get the 11-disgit key value?  I have a valid
>> product ID  when I loded the software on the old
>> computer  Help??  MIke

That link is dead, Bri - I just tried it.

0
epona (80)
12/29/2003 11:25:22 PM
I used it yesterday. I was curious because I'd never heard of it before.
Pretty neat site for situations like that. I could have used the site when I
lost my code for Pub 2002 but instead I called MS. They generated a new code
for me - no problem.

"Epona" <epona@cymru.net> wrote in message
> Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> > http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520
> >

> > "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had
> >> the CD Key Value.  I have anew computer and just needs
> >> the functionality of Publisher 98.
> >>
> >> How can I get the 11-disgit key value?  I have a valid
> >> product ID  when I loded the software on the old
> >> computer  Help??  MIke
>
> That link is dead, Bri - I just tried it.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
12/30/2003 12:00:52 AM
Working flawless for me on multiple puters!

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
Official Publisher MVP Site:
http://www.kvalheim.org

confers no rights.

> That link is dead, Bri - I just tried it.

0
publisher (1245)
12/30/2003 12:19:37 AM
Brian,

Wow, a website where companies like Adobe, Microsoft and Enfocus have
their products codes listed. I take it the companies approve of this,
right? You of all people would not be supporting piracy, would you?

Mike

Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520

0
wordwiz (948)
12/30/2003 12:32:16 AM
I doubt if Brian's supporting piracy. If the origianl poster truly has his
CDs and has lost the code, this site is fine. If he had a bootleg copy, he
would also have the code. Let's give this person the benefit of the doubt
and assume that it was just as he said - a lost code.

Perhaps Adobe/MS/Enfocus need to do something about the site?

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Brian,
>
> Wow, a website where companies like Adobe, Microsoft and Enfocus have
> their products codes listed. I take it the companies approve of this,
> right? You of all people would not be supporting piracy, would you?
>
> Mike
>
> Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> > http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520

0
jl_amerson (3088)
12/30/2003 12:39:14 AM
No, I am not supporting piracy. I just did a Google search and that was the
first link that popped up.

I don't know if they approve of this. I never support piracy. However, if I
am a legal owner of Publisher 9x (or any other version), and I have some
CD-keys laying around that work with my install, I will use them. I have one
copy of Publisher 98 myself, but I have like 3 cd keys laying around. When I
do a reformat, and reinstall, I just grab the closest one (or the one that
isn't stuffed under a bazillion cd cases) and type her in!

The best thing for them to do is probably pay the $10 to Microsoft for
CD-Key support, but dang, $10 when you can do it for free so long as you are
legal on using a purchased copy and only installing it according to EULA.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
Official Publisher MVP Site:
http://www.kvalheim.org

confers no rights.

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Brian,
>
> Wow, a website where companies like Adobe, Microsoft and Enfocus have
> their products codes listed. I take it the companies approve of this,
> right? You of all people would not be supporting piracy, would you?
>
> Mike
>
> Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> > http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520

0
publisher (1245)
12/30/2003 12:53:13 AM
Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520
>

> "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had
>> the CD Key Value.  I have anew computer and just needs
>> the functionality of Publisher 98.
>>
>> How can I get the 11-disgit key value?  I have a valid
>> product ID  when I loded the software on the old
>> computer  Help??  MIke

Strange - I just get 'Cannot find server or DNS look-up error'. This is the
only site that's not functioning for me today, so I doubt it's my settings.

0
epona (80)
12/30/2003 1:26:20 AM
JL,

I'm sure you're right, the poster managed to throw away his jewel case
but made sure he took the CD out first. It seems to be rampant around
this NG, I've probably read 500 posts in the last three years about this
very exact same thing happening.

Besides, even if the poster had a bootleg copy and didn't have the Key
Code, I'm sure posting a website that offers "cracks" saved a bunch of
electrons - the guy doesn't need to do a google search to find it. It
might have saved a few more electrons if Brian would have just posted
the code itself. After all, the poster could have found it if he had
looked, why make it harder for him, especially since he was probably
telling the truth.

I just find it - suspicious - that the site quoted also lists keys for
products that are downloadable as demos with a 30-day tryout period.
After that, one needs to enter the code. Lo and behold, this site just
happens to offer them, free of charge. Not that anyone on the Internet
would be interested in pirating software, right?

Mike

JL Amerson wrote:
> I doubt if Brian's supporting piracy. If the origianl poster truly has his
> CDs and has lost the code, this site is fine. If he had a bootleg copy, he
> would also have the code. Let's give this person the benefit of the doubt
> and assume that it was just as he said - a lost code.
>
> Perhaps Adobe/MS/Enfocus need to do something about the site?
>
> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
>
>>Brian,
>>
>>Wow, a website where companies like Adobe, Microsoft and Enfocus have
>>their products codes listed. I take it the companies approve of this,
>>right? You of all people would not be supporting piracy, would you?
>>
>>Mike
>>
>>Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520

0
wordwiz (948)
12/30/2003 1:38:42 AM
Even though I try to play by the rules whenever possible, I know of several
sites that offer the same service. Whether someone chooses to make use of
those codes is another story. I have the disks for all of the programs on my
system and I've never downloaded any music from the web. It's not that I'm a
goodie-goodie, it's just that I have a big enough guilt complex without
doing something I know is wrong/illegal. Guilt can be a good thing - it
keeps you in line.  ;-)

So why do the big software companies allow these crack sites to exist?
Surely there is SOMETHING they can do?

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
(snip)

> I just find it - suspicious - that the site quoted also lists keys for
> products that are downloadable as demos with a 30-day tryout period.
> After that, one needs to enter the code. Lo and behold, this site just
> happens to offer them, free of charge. Not that anyone on the Internet
> would be interested in pirating software, right?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
12/30/2003 1:50:33 AM
JL,

They exist probably because it would cost companies more money to pursue
a legal case than it does to let it live. Lot's of these sites are
hosted on foreign servers where US, British or other law doesn't apply -
look at the Nigerian scam.

I've supplied keys for users to register software, but I "KNEW" they
owned the software. Even then, I never posted it, just e-mailed it to
them. I do not feel like giving Brian a real hard time for posting it,
but I am surprised a MVP would do it. I know he doesn't work for MS,
that his status is voluntary and helpful, but what might a newcomer to
the NG believe - someone from MS posts a site for hack codes, so it must
be okay.

Mike

JL Amerson wrote:
> Even though I try to play by the rules whenever possible, I know of several
> sites that offer the same service. Whether someone chooses to make use of
> those codes is another story. I have the disks for all of the programs on my
> system and I've never downloaded any music from the web. It's not that I'm a
> goodie-goodie, it's just that I have a big enough guilt complex without
> doing something I know is wrong/illegal. Guilt can be a good thing - it
> keeps you in line.  ;-)
>
> So why do the big software companies allow these crack sites to exist?
> Surely there is SOMETHING they can do?
>

> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> (snip)
>
>>I just find it - suspicious - that the site quoted also lists keys for
>>products that are downloadable as demos with a 30-day tryout period.
>>After that, one needs to enter the code. Lo and behold, this site just
>>happens to offer them, free of charge. Not that anyone on the Internet
>>would be interested in pirating software, right?

0
wordwiz (948)
12/30/2003 4:09:24 AM
Thanks for your valued opinion Mike. Probably wasn't the best idea to post
it, but I did it anyway. Life goes on :-)

You back at the paper churning out my 2�? ;-)

--

> JL,
>
> They exist probably because it would cost companies more money to pursue
> a legal case than it does to let it live. Lot's of these sites are
> hosted on foreign servers where US, British or other law doesn't apply -
> look at the Nigerian scam.
>
> I've supplied keys for users to register software, but I "KNEW" they
> owned the software. Even then, I never posted it, just e-mailed it to
> them. I do not feel like giving Brian a real hard time for posting it,
> but I am surprised a MVP would do it. I know he doesn't work for MS,
> that his status is voluntary and helpful, but what might a newcomer to
> the NG believe - someone from MS posts a site for hack codes, so it must
> be okay.
>
> Mike

0
publisher (1245)
12/30/2003 4:30:27 AM
Brian,

Not yet. I have tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday to finish my rehab
project - the bathroom. New tub and toilet, replacing the crappy plastic
tiles with cedar lumbar, dropping the ceiling, replacing the floor,
yada, etc., so on.

I got a quote on some cedar wood:
10 1"x4"x4' Cedar Lumbar Planed - $1.81 each
Freight - $29.00
Customs - $75.00
Tarrifs - $4.90
Total - $127.03
Cost at Lowe's - $38.10, though Lowe's has some really urine-poor
lumber. Years ago, I bought cedar from some guy who sawed it himself.
Cost like 35� for the above board, though it wasn't planed on either
side. But no cracks, no knotholes that fell out, a real cedar smell.

Well, it's off to do some more mudding and taping of drywall.

Mike

Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> Thanks for your valued opinion Mike. Probably wasn't the best idea to post
> it, but I did it anyway. Life goes on :-)
>
> You back at the paper churning out my 2�? ;-)

0
wordwiz (948)
12/30/2003 5:20:14 AM
Hi Mike Koewler (wordwiz@fuse.net),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Not yet. I have tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday to finish my rehab
|| project - the bathroom. New tub and toilet, replacing the crappy
|| plastic tiles with cedar lumbar, dropping the ceiling, replacing the
|| floor, yada, etc., so on.
|| I got a quote on some cedar wood:
|| 10 1"x4"x4' Cedar Lumbar Planed - $1.81 each
|| Freight - $29.00
|| Customs - $75.00
|| Tarrifs - $4.90
|| Total - $127.03
|| Cost at Lowe's - $38.10, though Lowe's has some really urine-poor
|| lumber. Years ago, I bought cedar from some guy who sawed it himself.
|| Cost like 35� for the above board, though it wasn't planed on either
|| side. But no cracks, no knotholes that fell out, a real cedar smell.

I wish we had a Lowes here as I have never been to one. We have Home Depot
and Menards where I live.

Where in the world were you importing your cedar from??!? That first quote
was a bit extreme!

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
Official Publisher MVP Site:
http://www.kvalheim.org

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)
12/30/2003 1:10:01 PM
Hi Epona (epona@cymru.net),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Strange - I just get 'Cannot find server or DNS look-up error'. This
|| is the only site that's not functioning for me today, so I doubt
|| it's my settings.

I would check your settings then ;-)

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
Official Publisher MVP Site:
http://www.kvalheim.org

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)
12/30/2003 1:13:02 PM
Brian,

Ontario, though I was interested just in a quote, not in actually buying
the wood.

BTW, the boards I got at Lowe's were 8 feet long, whereas the quoted one
  was 4 feet long.

Mike

Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
> Hi Mike Koewler (wordwiz@fuse.net),
> in the Microsoft� newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || Not yet. I have tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday to finish my rehab
> || project - the bathroom. New tub and toilet, replacing the crappy
> || plastic tiles with cedar lumbar, dropping the ceiling, replacing the
> || floor, yada, etc., so on.
> || I got a quote on some cedar wood:
> || 10 1"x4"x4' Cedar Lumbar Planed - $1.81 each
> || Freight - $29.00
> || Customs - $75.00
> || Tarrifs - $4.90
> || Total - $127.03
> || Cost at Lowe's - $38.10, though Lowe's has some really urine-poor
> || lumber. Years ago, I bought cedar from some guy who sawed it himself.
> || Cost like 35� for the above board, though it wasn't planed on either
> || side. But no cracks, no knotholes that fell out, a real cedar smell.
>
> I wish we had a Lowes here as I have never been to one. We have Home Depot
> and Menards where I live.
>
> Where in the world were you importing your cedar from??!? That first quote
> was a bit extreme!

0
wordwiz (948)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Automatic Outline Numbering in Publish?
The automatic numbering found in Word on the menu: Formats/Bullets & Numbering - Outline Numbered does not appear to be offered in the text box in MS Publish. If this is true how does one do autimatic numbering with multi levels in a document in Publish? Respond to email in display name if possible. dwalsh@spectraenv.com <dwalsh@spectraenv.com@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > The automatic numbering found in Word on the menu: Formats/Bullets & > Numbering - Outline Numbered does not appear to be offered in the > text box in MS Publish...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Publisher Question #5
How can you select the toolbars that appear on your workspace Isbell wrote: > How can you select the toolbars > that appear on your workspace ============================ Not sure what you mean by "select". If you're asking how to toggle them on or off...just right click and check or uncheck the one you're interested in. Also you can access the settings at... View / Toolbars. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a voluntee...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Publisher 2002 Inserting a landscape page into portrait document
How can I insert one landscape page into a presentation consisting portrait pages? I understand the inserting of page numbers, but I can't find the page orientation. Publisher does not allow you to have different orientation pages. Group all items on the page and rotate 90�. -- ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

Publisher cannot open the file you specified
Hi On a new installation of Pub 2003 on XP, when trying to open a saved file comes up with ' Publisher cannot find the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you browse to locate the file on your hard disk or floppy disk' This seems like a systemic thing, but have run Norton Windoctor, reinstalled, but no luck, continues to get this message, or 'unable to open file'. Any suggestions please This is usually a Norton problem, disable "scrip blocking" and maybe in Norton options, disable "Office Plug-ins." You receive a "File is not avail...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Publishing charts
We are using Excel to manipulate some real time data then publish the updated results every 15 minutes to the Internet. I am publishing charts using Excel's Save as Web Page feature, but then only want to use the images of the charts as an included image in the actual web pages. The images end up with names like "xyz_89654_image001.gif". The "image001.gif" part I don't have a problem with - as long as there is only one image in each subdirectory, that will be it, and the xyz comes from the workbook name. It's the number in the middle that I have real prob...

How to delete more than 2 pages at a time in Publisher
I've got a 600 page Publisher 2003 document and want to delete 200 pages. Is there an easier way of doing this instead of doing EDIT > DELETE PAGE > BOTH PAGES 100 times!? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

publisher file type
Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files. Files saved in Publisher save as WORD files even though Publisher is selected in Save As Well only for you. But before we try and guess what you are doing wrong maybe you could supply a little more information about the version you are using and what you are really doing because it seems to be a problem unique to you. John G. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:54:01 -0800, RandyP <RandyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files. Files saved in Publisher save as >WORD files even though Publisher is...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...