Need help on mail merge with 4 up postcards Avery 3380

I just upgraded from Office 2000/Win XP to Office 2007/Win Vista 64
Ultimate.  I had previously created postcards using Publisher and a
mailing list (datsource) using Word and everything was fine in
Publisher 2000.  The Avery postcard stock is titled 3380 (or use
template 8387) and is 4 up using landscape print.  I have a deskjet
6840 that I can manually duplex on.
When I try to do this on Publisher 2007, I select File-Print Merge and
Multiple pages per sheet.  It seems to know it's 4 up, that is on one
side of the paper there are 4 printable areas, but it prints on one
side:
<front><address1>
<front><address2>

I've tried selecting "two-sided printing options - two sided", I've
tried reducing margins to see if that's it, but nothing's worked.
I've selected a Publisher postcard template "Arrows", and just tried a
really basic test.  The mail merge works fine.  Publisher knows
there's a front and back side to this postcard.  It just doesn't seem
to be able to print 4 up where on one side of the postcard stock is
all 4 fronts, and on the back are 4 different addresses.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
google42 (5)

You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you setup two publications, one
publication for the merge and one for the other side. This will be fixed in the
next service pack.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

<google42@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from Office 2000/Win XP to Office 2007/Win Vista 64
> Ultimate.  I had previously created postcards using Publisher and a
> Publisher 2000.  The Avery postcard stock is titled 3380 (or use
> template 8387) and is 4 up using landscape print.  I have a deskjet
> 6840 that I can manually duplex on.
> When I try to do this on Publisher 2007, I select File-Print Merge and
> Multiple pages per sheet.  It seems to know it's 4 up, that is on one
> side of the paper there are 4 printable areas, but it prints on one
> side:
> <front><address1>
> <front><address2>
>
> I've tried selecting "two-sided printing options - two sided", I've
> tried reducing margins to see if that's it, but nothing's worked.
> I've selected a Publisher postcard template "Arrows", and just tried a
> really basic test.  The mail merge works fine.  Publisher knows
> there's a front and back side to this postcard.  It just doesn't seem
> to be able to print 4 up where on one side of the postcard stock is
> all 4 fronts, and on the back are 4 different addresses.

mary.sauer (2018)
1/1/2009 9:45:31 PM
On Jan 1, 4:45=A0pm, "Mary Sauer" <mary.sa...@mygmail.com> wrote:
> You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you setup two publications, one
> publication for the merge and one for the other side. This will be fixed =
in the
> next service pack.
>
> --
> Mary Sauerhttp://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> <googl...@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message

> >I just upgraded from Office 2000/Win XP to Office 2007/Win Vista 64
> > Ultimate. =A0I had previously created postcards using Publisher and a
> > mailing list (datsource) using Word and everything was fine in
> > Publisher 2000. =A0The Avery postcard stock is titled 3380 (or use
> > template 8387) and is 4 up using landscape print. =A0I have a deskjet
> > 6840 that I can manually duplex on.
> > When I try to do this on Publisher 2007, I select File-Print Merge and
> > Multiple pages per sheet. =A0It seems to know it's 4 up, that is on one
> > side of the paper there are 4 printable areas, but it prints on one
> > side:
> > <front><address1>
> > <front><address2>
>
> > I've tried selecting "two-sided printing options - two sided", I've
> > tried reducing margins to see if that's it, but nothing's worked.
> > I've selected a Publisher postcard template "Arrows", and just tried a
> > really basic test. =A0The mail merge works fine. =A0Publisher knows
> > there's a front and back side to this postcard. =A0It just doesn't seem
> > to be able to print 4 up where on one side of the postcard stock is
> > all 4 fronts, and on the back are 4 different addresses.
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the response and Happy New Year.  I was able to test the
two separate publications suggestion, and use "Print multiple copies"
for the one side, and "Print multiple pages" for the merge side.

However, what I ended up doing, once I figured out what Publisher 2007
was doing, on my original publication was to "Merge to a new
publication".  That new pub had pages '1', '2', '1', '2', '1', '2' and
so on for as many documents the merge produced.  I then used
"Print" (there's no "Print Merge" option) and selected "Multiple Pages
per Sheet",  Page range - Pages 1,3,5,7,9,11... (odd pages) landscape
and was able to print the one side.  Once that was done, I manually
duplexed the printed pages, and selected "Print" with pages
2,4,6,8,10... (even pages).  At least Publisher figured out the
1,2,1,2 sequence was really a 1,2,3,4 sequence (maybe this is a
defect?).

I did discover two problems with Publisher on these sequences.  If I
only selected 4 pages, such as 1,3,5,7, the Print Preview showed the
correct 4 pages on one printed sheet, however after closing that
dialog, and pushing Print, the printer never printed.  I had to select
1,3,5,7,9 (going over one physical sheet's worth of paper).

The other problem is in the Print dialog, Preview pane, with the radio
button "Show paper after printing".  If I select landscape
orientation, the preview does not show the landscape printing
correctly.  It should be rotated 90 degrees.

How would one report these as defects (given we agree they are)?

I also noticed that the Print and Print Merge dialogs have a
difference in the Page range - The Print has "Pages", the Print Merge
has "Entries".  I was trying to figure out the significance if any.  I
also think it would be extremely helpful to have "even" and "odd" as
choices for the range.

Thanks again for your reply and help and I look forward to the service
pack.  This was my first time in the google groups and didn't realize
the group discussion was so large.  The original google search only
returned a single thread of the group when you were helping another
individual.

0
google42 (5)
1/2/2009 2:39:35 PM
Have there been ANY service packs for Publisher 2007 yet?

Craig

Mary Sauer wrote:

>You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you setup two publications, one
>publication for the merge and one for the other side. This will be fixed in the
>next service pack.

0
cschiller1 (102)
1/2/2009 5:35:10 PM
Google is your friend: "Office 2007 SP".

DavidF

"Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Have there been ANY service packs for Publisher 2007 yet?
>
> Craig
>
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>
>>You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you setup two publications, one
>>publication for the merge and one for the other side. This will be fixed
>>in the next service pack.

0
Nope8657 (939)
--------------010609000008000402060908

As usual, Microsoft's KB section is completely useless, but from sifting
through the crap it seems to indicate that the only patch to Publisher
has to do with a security flaw. In addition, I have no other Office 2007
products, so a 240MB service pack appears to be a bit of overkill.

DavidF wrote:

>Google is your friend: "Office 2007 SP".
>
>DavidF
>
>"Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>

>>Have there been ANY service packs for Publisher 2007 yet?
>>
>>Craig
>>
>>Mary Sauer wrote:
>>

>>>You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you setup two publications, one
>>>publication for the merge and one for the other side. This will be fixed
>>>in the next service pack.

--------------010609000008000402060908

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
As usual, Microsoft's KB section is completely useless, but from
sifting through the crap it seems to indicate that the only patch to
Publisher has to do with a security flaw. In addition, I have no other
Office 2007 products, so a 240MB service pack appears to be a bit of
overkill.<br>
DavidF wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Google is your friend: "Office 2007 SP".

DavidF

"Craig Schiller" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:cschiller1@earthlink.net">&lt;cschiller1@earthlink.net&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:uHKZ8BQbJHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:uHKZ8BQbJHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</a>...
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Have there been ANY service packs for Publisher 2007 yet?

Craig

Mary Sauer wrote:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you setup two publications, one
publication for the merge and one for the other side. This will be fixed
in the next service pack.

      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>

--------------010609000008000402060908--
0
cschiller1 (102)
1/2/2009 9:45:20 PM
Craig Schiller wrote:
> As usual, Microsoft's KB section is completely useless, but from sifting
> through the crap it seems to indicate that the only patch to Publisher
> has to do with a security flaw. In addition, I have no other Office 2007
> products, so a 240MB service pack appears to be a bit of overkill.

The Office 2007 SP1 patch patches all installed Office products. If you
use Microsoft Update to run the update, it will only download the
necessary bits rather than the entire Office patch.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Thanks for that information. But is it correct that the only update to
Publisher 2007 is a security patch? If so, I won't bother.

Craig

Ed Bennett wrote:

> Craig Schiller wrote:
>
>> As usual, Microsoft's KB section is completely useless, but from
>> sifting through the crap it seems to indicate that the only patch to
>> Publisher has to do with a security flaw. In addition, I have no
>> other Office 2007 products, so a 240MB service pack appears to be a
>> bit of overkill.
>

> The Office 2007 SP1 patch patches all installed Office products. If
> you use Microsoft Update to run the update, it will only download the
> necessary bits rather than the entire Office patch.

0
cschiller1 (102)
1/3/2009 4:27:48 PM
Craig Schiller wrote:
> Thanks for that information. But is it correct that the only update to
> Publisher 2007 is a security patch? If so, I won't bother.

No, the Office 2007 SP1 patch contains a number of tweaks to Publisher.
Nothing Earth-shattering, but noticeable if you have encountered the
affected bugs.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Need to test a mobo

Blocking incoming mail during Timeframes EXCH 2000
I work for a school district. I have noticed that most of our spam and virus issues via email are being sent in the wee hours of the morning (1am-4:30am). I would like to block/delete/reject all incoming mail during that time frame. Anyone know of an option to do this in Exchange 2000? 2003 "Jake" <sheetsj@sioux-city.k12.ia.us> wrote: >I work for a school district. I have noticed that most of our spam and virus issues via email are being sent in the wee hours of the morning (1am-4:30am). I would like to block/delete/reject all incoming mail during that time frame. >...

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Campaign Activity (Email /Email Mail Merge)
Hi, We have a customer that would like to send an email or email via mail merge from campaign activity in the name of the company (from a general email address), instead of sending the email from the user that owns the campaign activity or the user that owns the account/contact/lead. Do you have any idea of how we can do this? Thanks, Regards Rute Dias ...

Need help on this....thanks

Catalog Merge fields come as Plain Text, but datasource is Rich Te
In creating a Publisher Catalog Merge template, I have an MS Access 2007 database, with a product decription field that is a Memo field, with Rich Text formatting. When I import the field into the Catalog Merge Template the field comes over as Plain Text. The formatting information shows a HTML Tags. Example : "Product Description" shows the quote marks as "Product Description" Any ideas? I can't see any format options in Publisher 2007 to allow me to keep the RTF format. I suggest you create a new publication from the catalog merge and save that result as a ...

Struggling with Windows Live Mail configuration
Hello, I've been searching on and off here and on the 'net in general, ever since moving to Windows 7 from XP last November. Outlook Express may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it suited my workflow very well. Windows Live Mail is naturally the closest match to OE, but so far I can't get it configured to work as efficiently for me. I do have some preferences which may be at the heart of my troubles with WLM. But I hope someone can help me overcome them. 1. I prefer to request all receiving and sending of email and newsgroup posts manually. So all of ...

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

I need Help

need help badly

Returned Mail for messages not sent
I'm getting lots of spam, and some of these seem to be sending acknowledgements to the originator. I get about 20 daily "Mail Returned" messages from the Mail Delivery Subsystem (about 10% of the spam volume), where the e-mail mailbox is closed. I'm downloading message headers and deleting the obvious spam, yet these apparently outgoing messages persist. Any ideas? Thanks. It is someone who has swen who also has your address. Just filter on common words such as virus, inet, ms, corporation, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ke...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help Despertly!

incoming mail pop3 account
Every time I start my computer I have to reset the value in my outlook express incoming mail server. It needs to be a pop3 value. It keeps reseting to 127.0.0.1. Any help would be appreciated. Nick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time I start my computer I have to reset the value > in my outlook express incoming mail server. It needs to > be a pop3 value. It keeps reseting to 127.0.0.1. > Any help would be appreciated. Disable your antivirus program's integration with mail. It's your antivirus program making that change. -- Brian Tillma...