Need Help Creating Directory

I am creating a membership directory for our church. When I try to do two
columns it sets it up going left to right instead of down one column then the
other. How do I get this done.
0
SteveCook (1)

I'm not sure how you managed that. Any chance you'd send it over to me and
let me look at that?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Steve Cook" <SteveCook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a membership directory for our church. When I try to do two
> columns it sets it up going left to right instead of down one column then
> the
> other. How do I get this done.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
1/2/2006 10:09:31 PM
This is the nature of merge. The only way around it is to setup your data
differently. Or setup the directory with one row of members each page, when you are
finished in step five, convert to a publication, adjust the size of the rows, drag
page two row to page one and so on.
Here is an example on how you can setup your database.
http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Steve Cook" <SteveCook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a membership directory for our church. When I try to do two
> columns it sets it up going left to right instead of down one column then the
> other. How do I get this done.

0
gsauer (5094)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

create user mailbox rules from admin/server
If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go to certain folders etc, I have usually logged in as that user and created the rule using the outlook rules wizard. Is there a way I can create rules like this from the server, or admin account, so i dont have to log in as every user each time i want to add a rule? Not that I'm aware of, and I'm sure you couldn't do it without some fancy scripting. Why not leave this up to the user, and send them basic instructions? Aaron wrote: > If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go > ...

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

I need Help

need help badly

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

How do I Create backup of excel file in other folder
Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, but I have traffic in my working folder, so I need the backup files to be in other folder. Using VBA< you can use the SaveCopyAs method and specify the target. -- HTH Bob Phillips "khalid" <khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A442EDF2-66D9-4F8E-A36D-13CFE12A22F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. > I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

How can I put the program *. ini file to somewhere else then the Win directory?
Or, how can I at least change the ini file name to other than the project name. Thanks. zpenzes@yahoo.com ..INI files are obsolete. But you can use WritePrivateProfileString to write them to anyplace you want. Just give the filename. Frankly, I encourage the use of the Registry. You can download a Registry library I've been using for a long time now from my MVP Tips site. joe On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 22:24:48 +0100, "Novice" <zpenzes@yahoo.com> wrote: >Or, how can I at least change the ini file name to other than the project >name. > >Thanks. > >zpen...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Help! Event 7034 has me concerned.
Every day or so the exchange 2003 server is logging the following messages in the system event log. The services appear to be terminating, and then restarting themselves automatically. Any help would be appreciated. It has me a bit concerned. Thanks. The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 19 time(s). The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service term...