My computer says my CD drive is empty when it isn't. I'm trying .

I want to copy some pictures to a CD.  The computer just says I should put a
CD into the drive.  Well, I have!

Well, this isn't exactly the right group to ask this question. Not that
people here can't help you but this is supposed to be for questions dealing
with Publisher.

All that being said, what program do you use to burn CDs? (Win XP has a
built-in app, I prefer EZ CDCreator, but there are others.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"notatechie" <notatechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to copy some pictures to a CD.  The computer just says I should put
> CD into the drive.  Well, I have!

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/13/2005 8:48:51 PM
notatechie wrote:
> I want to copy some pictures to a CD.  The computer just says I
> should put a CD into the drive.  Well, I have!

Have you?! Well aren't you the clever one! Now, would you to care to
enlighten us what, exactly, this has to do with Publisher?!
on salads.

0
misstick (379)

Map Shared Drive
Hello - The department that I work in has a large shared drive of information. There are 5 main folders within it, below them are several subfolders each, below them more subfolders, then documents (sometimes hundreds per folder). Is there any way that I can make a map or org chart showing the contents of our shared drive straight from the drive to Visio? Would I have to record each folder and document in Excel or similar first? I want to avoid doing this if at all possible. There are samples of Excel or text files that can be used by the Org Chart Wizard. You could write a bit ...

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

It's your chance to try SmsAlias, 2-way SMS Outlook Add-in (...before any purchase)!
We are launching a new sms 2-way service the name is www.smsalias.com . SMSalias is a unique and innovative way to integrate short message systems (SMS) functionality on most common email clients enabling 2way SMS exchange and providing subscribers with a personal GSM number (an alias to their personal number) for the country of their choice (currently available for UK, SW and Italy. More countries are added each month). SMSalias provides you with a personal number of the country of your choice and an easy to install add-in for your email client. Once your account is active and you have SM...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Drive Configuration for Exchange 2003
I currently have exchange 2003 installed on a windows 2003 server. Exchange is installed on the c: drive which is a 40gb drive. We are in the earlt implementation stages of exchange, there are no mailboxes set up, no public folders, its is basically just a clean install of exchange at the moment. We also have a d: drive which is 200gb, i want to put all the mailboxes and all the public stores on the d: drive as a fear that the 40gb drive will fill up quite quickly once we start using exchange fully. How can i change the mailbox and public store, and anything else that will take up a...

Getting NTFS access in DOS of an external USB drive?
I'm temporarily back to my Win98SE computer now since the XP one has a problem, but would like (if possible) to access some files on it. I am wondering if there is any way to access my WinXP drive (which is NTFS) inside an external USB enclosure (which I already have), using something like NTFS4DOS or whatever. But I've already tried booting up in NTFS4DOS on a floppy, and it can't access external USB drive enclosures, it seems. I gather it only works if the drive is directly connected inside the computer, which I cannot do. I can't put the XP drive directly inside ...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

Space on the root drive
Does anyone know what major log files besides backups that is eating into my drive space. I am at 14% space, and really need to clean up the drive. Thanks. If circular logging is enabled on your Exchange server, it will create logs that will eat up tons of space. However, disabling circular logging means that you cannot use incremental backups on Exchange. Also, if you're getting a lot of invalid email, your badmail folder can fill up your hard drive as it keeps a copy of every bad email to go through your system. "radiant111" <radiant111@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Error saving to a network drive
The problem is that I cannot save as or save to a Novell network drive. The user has full rights to the folders and it still will not save files. He can save to the local disk but not any network drives. This only happens in Excel not Word. Word works fine. Any suggestions on this??? I also tried logging in as another user on his station and it still won't save a worksheet. Please help!!! Probably need a bit more info from you like which version of Excel, which windows os, and version of Novell. Also very important is what antivirus program is on the server and on the ...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Please Help! Messed up Hard Drive from using Partition Magic
I wanted to use Partition Magic to partition my hard drive, so I used the boot CD. When I loaded it up, it said that there were 2 errors in my hard drive and it could fix them, so I pressed fix. Unfortunately, I was running Vista and I only know now that they're incompatible. However, now my hard drive is completely screwed! If I plug my hard drive into my computer, my computer refuses to do anything after POST, it doesn't boot a CD or run anything from the hard drive. I unplugged my hard drive and it's booting CDs now, even though my CD was the primary boot device anyway...

A prog is trying to access email addresses
Every time I choose 'New Mail Message' an Oulook popup box says "A process is trying to access email addresses stored in Outlook. Do you want allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose no." I am using Norton anti-virus Professional with the latest definitions. I've tried shutting down all non essential Apps & processes in task manager with no change. I am using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6626)SP3 with XP Pro. Any help will be appreciated. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Pos...

How do I install the Data Analysis Toolkit from Office Basic CD?
I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. However for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't installed. How do I install this feature? Tools - Addins. Check the one you want. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CC07991-E603-4B55-87D7-DDE38D8EB5FA@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. >However > for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't > installed. > How do...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

Try on these security package which came from Microsoft Corporation
--cgtnywmeyrq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="robtqufxxkhqf"; type="multipart/alternative" --robtqufxxkhqf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="boxlpelahiiuqh" --boxlpelahiiuqh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

Trying to make a duplicate roster with a button.
Previously posted in wrong forum. 'HERE' (http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265167) Thanks for the help guy -- virte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- virtex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26517 ...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Synchronize mail between two computers
My question looks somewhat the same as the one by Ozsubasi, but I think it is not exactly the same. I have 2 computers: a desktop and a laptop. With my desktop (Vista x64) I download my e-mails (no gmail or hotmail, a commercial provider), using Windows Live Mail. I store the mails on the desktop. In total it is ca. 10,000 e-mails (received + sent, together around 6 Gb) over the years; I tell you this so you can understand that leaving the mails with the provider is no option. On a daily basis I synchronize my documents between the desktop and the laptop. I travel a lot for...

FW: Try on that corrective update which came from the MS Corporation
--gjfddephpnoh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cmcuzvsszmxe"; type="multipart/alternative" --cmcuzvsszmxe Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mgemxkfvi" --mgemxkfvi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continu...